Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Polarize will not consistently remove armour from affected targets

Hark211

This is a copy of a post I made several months ago here:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1228075-mags-polarize-will-not-consistently-remove-armour-from-affected-targets/

I was testing some stuff in the Simulacrum and found that Mag's 3 skill, Polarize, was only sometimes removing armour from targets it hit. The skill functions normally against a single enemy, but against a group of identical enemies would only remove armour from half of them at best. The radial magnetic damage around affected targets seems to be working normally as non-stripped targets still lost HP, but the skill is failing to tag some grouped enemies for armour removal (and presumably the true damage/radial magnetic damage as well ).

This result was consistent regardless of whether enemies were within the initial skill radius, or were affected as the skill expanded outwards. I was also not able to test if this affects shielded enemies, but I can only assume it does if they are grouped.

Would really like to see this fixed as Mag is my favourite frame, and if her signature mechanic of stripping armour doesn't work then she's pretty much unusable :(

The bug can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ipJB6QDK0

47 minutes ago, [DE]Ruu said:

As a fan of Mag myself, I am interested in what's going on here. I will have a look at it. Thanks for the report.

Just a guess, but does Polarize's armor strip have a LoS restriction?

Because going by the video, that looks suspiciously like a reverse-(e.g.)Fireblast armor strip, with only the target out of direct LoS being stripped.
(Hence, reverse Fireblast.)

Can confirm, there is something going on with Mag's Polarize ability.

Only a few weeks ago, when I made myself a Mag build and experimented with it, I noticed that something was off.

However, I couldn't point out what the issue was. When testing in Simulacrum, the ability shredded enemies easily, Corpus and Grineer alike.

During actual gameplay (Saturn/Helene), some enemies ignored a large portion of the expected damage.

As the commenter above, I'm also suspecting some line-of-sight shenanigans being at work here. I deliberately looked away from the enemies after casting and got better results from that compared to directly facing them.

• 2 months later...

This bug has still not been patched, was just wondering if there were any updates regarding it. It's been over 6 months since my initial post with video documentation, so the fact that it's still in the game is kind of impressive.

Archived