Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth.

Z3GR4M

I just watched Livestream #16 and an idea hit me as they were discussing stealth.  Why not make stealth a mission type in itself that is for 1 player only.  Think about it, whenever you think of stealth games your'e always thinking of the lone ninja sneaking around, why not just make this in game.  I doubt anybody attempting to do a mission stealthy would want somebody else to interfere, so why not just make it a specific mission type that caters to 1 player?  We could have these stealth missions built specifically for people who enjoy stealth runs, and furthermore they could have specific rewards that are exclusive to said missions.

I think that this kind of system would benefit the game in multiple ways, first off you would have a different type of mission that is not just run and gun, which would break up the pacing of the game, in a good way though.  Secondly a specific stealth mission type would cater to all those people who enjoy being stealthy and spending time exploring a mission rather than just running through it in 2 min.  Sometimes I just wanna play the game and spend like half an hour or an hour messing around in a mission, having specific missions that purposefully slow down the pacing of the game would be great in my opinion.  

Anyway I just wanna hear what you guys have to say, I think something like this could be a solution to the stealth system in the game.  So yeah thoughts?  Comments?  Feel free to rip me a new one if you think its a dumb idea, just tossing it out there.

I actually agree. If we had a nice, slow paced mission type that allowed for us to feel like ACTUAL ninjas, it'd be nice.

But instead of just ONE stealth game type, why not make a stealth version of ALL game types? Exterminate, Assassination, Sabotage, Spy, Rescue, all those mission types I see stealth potential in.

The only one I DON'T see potential in, stealth wise, is Survival, as you are deliberately activating the alarms to get the enemy's attention.

But yeah, that's my thoughts on this idea.

I actually agree. If we had a nice, slow paced mission type that allowed for us to feel like ACTUAL ninjas, it'd be nice.

But instead of just ONE stealth game type, why not make a stealth version of ALL game types? Exterminate, Assassination, Sabotage, Spy, Rescue, all those mission types I see stealth potential in.

The only one I DON'T see potential in, stealth wise, is Survival, as you are deliberately activating the alarms to get the enemy's attention.

But yeah, that's my thoughts on this idea.

No.

They see the potential in everything,but do you think its so easy to develop something like this?

Stealth is like a whole new gameplay.

How about instead of making Stealth a mission type in itself, you add a bonus completion to each of the current missions set out?

Example, you complete Mercury's missions, then when you go back to them you can select the 'Stealth' challenge for that map. Expand on this, and I think there could be some interesting challenges put in place. Stealth, don't set off the sensors, and you complete it. Invincible, don't take any health damage. Exterminate, kill X amount of enemies before completion (Wouldn't work on actual Exterminate, as Stealth wouldn't work on Defense/Survival, etc) That way you could replay the earlier missions with a challenging aspect, similar to how Nightmare mode challenges you. I could think of a few more options as well. Melee only, Rifle only, Sidearm only,

Anyway, that sort of expands on the whole idea of adding Stealth gameplay. This way, when you jump into a game, and have it set for Stealth, then you can go online and people can still play with you, and understand what type of game you're playing.

Yeah but I'm suggesting something practical, if they focus on one mission type that is just a specific stealth mission rather than giving you stealth bonuses on all missions it would be more polished.  You know that saying quality over quantity or whatever, that's my line of thought here, if they just focus on one stealth mission they can polish it, make it good, fun, and exciting, rather than just tacking on a stealth aspect to all mission types.  I agree with the nightmare mode stealth missions, that would be awesome, and even more challenging, but I think they should focus on just making one solid stealth mission rather than a couple mediocre ones.

No.

They see the potential in everything,but do you think its so easy to develop something like this?

Stealth is like a whole new gameplay.

Well it's just a thought. I realize it takes a LOT of work to code a game in general, much less a gameplay type.

It's called a suggestion, an idea.

When you figure that out, come talk to me, because maybe then you'll be less of a stuck-up know-it-all snob.

It would be good yes. But if they would do some work on pathing, awareness, lights distractionssilent kills etc,

stealth would be viable in more missions.

A specific Stealth Alert could be one way. Only a cell dedicated to ninja would do it.