Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

I read a guide about tilesets and spawn rate so I know the "basics" behind it, so you had 8.5k total kills, but how many was corpus/grineer?

Very little, because we rely on them to damage us to fuel Necramech Rage. Storm Shroud is instant cast without animation, so you can instantly hop in and out of 4 to cast it as needed within 1 second if you're taking too much damage. Otherwise, you are intentionally letting Grineer/Corpus shoot you without Shroud up. You regain energy while in your 4, faster than you use it. This isn't viable early in the run, but somewhere by the 20th Orphix, they start doing enough damage to you that this becomes extremely reliable as one of the main sources of energy. The other is just people placing hildryns outside the zone to catch any corpus/grineer running over through the connector.

Also, ppl really shouldn't be dying in hiscore attempts. So the 7 mech deaths we had were extremely bad. Good management of your 2 and 4 is enough to keep you alive. I died 0 times that run. We mostly just kept getting distracted because the run was falling apart.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Gendalph:

I'm calling you out on this. Any score over 30k (maybe even 25k) should be invalidated, unless we get proof that it's possible to achieve score that high without exploits.

we will upload a video of a 40k+ run after the event ended 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Gendalph:

I'm calling you out on this. Any score over 30k (maybe even 25k) should be invalidated, unless we get proof that it's possible to achieve score that high without exploits.

also  there is already a guy that uploaded a 36k run earlier 

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

I will gladly watch a video where people killed so many sentients to get more than double score u would get with only orphix.

Considering sentients give 1-3 points each people need kill 10k at least to get 10k-30k extra points to be added to 17,100 from orphix

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

The score of that clan needs be changed, if a cheater was inside it. Like the 2 in your clan with 67k score removed yesterday, idk if that 134k score was subtracted to your clan total...

it wasnt subtracted and i ll tell you why, One was in Quasars STORM another clan actually, and the other one joined AFTER the event started,  which means we did not a SINGLE point score from either of them

3 minutes ago, Aznvasions said:

Very little, because we rely on them to damage us to fuel Necramech Rage. Storm Shroud is instant cast without animation, so you can instantly hop in and out of 4 to cast it as needed within 1 second if you're taking too much damage. Otherwise, you are intentionally letting Grineer/Corpus shoot you without Shroud up. You regain energy while in your 4, faster than you use it. This isn't viable early in the run, but somewhere by the 20th Orphix, they start doing enough damage to you that this becomes extremely reliable as one of the main sources of energy. The other is just people placing hildryns outside the zone to catch any corpus/grineer running over through the connector.

Yeah but both grineer and corpus spawn a lot and will probably be hit by mechs, i just don't know how many would be hit in the full run

2 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Yeah but both grineer and corpus spawn a lot and will probably be hit by mechs, i just don't know how many would be hit in the full run

The thing is due to the Hildryns, they are mostly shooting a near invulnerable frame, or CC'd by her 4. The few corpus and grineer that aren't in the main connector pathways usually spawn from dead ends with weird pathing to us, in that they don't encounter Hildryns, nor are in our direct line of fire of sentient spawns. So they will set up camp to our left and right, or behind us, and shoot the crap out of us.

Generally you want to avoid killing Corpus or Grineer unless absolutely necessary, because they aren't usually at the sentient spawns, and requires you to aim elsewhere.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

Why after? Your clan is first anyway, noone will steal your "gold medal".

Also the host of the squad in the video can open the option menu to make people see which framerate lock option is active?

no you can enable that in your options,it shows alongside other things permanently in the bottom left corner. Also after because we decide when to publish our runs,not you

1 minute ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

it wasnt subtracted and i ll tell you why, One was in Quasars STORM another clan actually, and the other one joined AFTER the event started,  which means we did not a SINGLE point score from either of them

I hope for your clan reputation that is true.

'cause there are tons of people calling quasars clan full of exploiters each event.

And now one of the banned one casually joined you during event?

The other guy said the scores were changed, so idk who trust on that...

Gerade eben schrieb Radu10:

I hope for your clan reputation that is true.

'cause there are tons of people calling quasars clan full of exploiters each event.

And now one of the banned one casually joined you during event?

The other guy said the scores were changed, so idk who trust on that...

the score was not changed, the other guy would be right if....we had gotten any points from that. He ASSUMED we got them but we didnt,he coudlnt know he joined during the event,i dont blame him

19 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Also the host of the squad in the video can open the option menu to make people see which framerate lock option is active?

Because player leaderboards still exist. The general concept of a hiscore run is now known. Posting actual top runs lends people to have a good shot at copying the strats and scoring higher. It doesn't matter when the run is posted, because that doesn't change whether the run used exploits. The time of posting only determines how many other people will be able to see the video and copy down the exact strat executions.

2 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

no you can enable that in your options,it shows alongside other things permanently in the bottom left corner. Also after because we decide when to publish our runs,not you

Yeah better do it after DE is done with the event, unlike others I will come back looking for that video, I have nothing more to say about this

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

actually our ,,clan'' or my clan is 2nd afteer nvbs with i think 200k points behind? since i last checked

the score was not changed, the other guy would be right if....we had gotten any points from that. He ASSUMED we got them but we didnt,he coudlnt know he joined during the event,i dont blame him

He clearly said the score was lowered, not guessed

1 minute ago, Aznvasions said:

Because player leaderboards still exist. The general concept of a hiscore run is now known. Posting actual top runs lends people to have a good shot at copying the strats and scoring higher. It doesn't matter when the run is posted, because that doesn't change whether the run used exploits. The time of posting only determines how many other people will be able to see the video and copy down the exact strat executions.

Yall said how hard do it is, with rng, tilesets and squad coordination needed.

I think post it some hours before event ends would be a good solution, I would accept it

vor 1 Minute schrieb Radu10:

He clearly said the score was lowered, not guessed

i dont know when he checked,but our score was lowered severel times for a ANOTHER reason yes,if people leave the clan their score goes too,some people left,thats why it lowered a few times

i dont know when he checked,but our score was lowered severel times for a ANOTHER reason yes,if people leave the clan their score goes too,some people left,thats why it lowered a few times

I guess all people in your clan can see how do the high score one, so "your" (it's used also on plural...) clan would have a major score.

You have nothing to say about the reputation of "exploiters" quasars and the other one has?

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Simply seek out a clan interested in a clean competition instead of supporting exploiters by giving them valid runs to hide behind in the public oppinion.

I wonder if in the future there will be some white knights that joins some clans before next just to see what happens inside, discord included...

So it will be clear which seeks for a clean competition or doesn't mind some cheese while at it

vor 1 Minute schrieb Radu10:

I guess all people in your clan can see how do the high score one, so "your" (it's used also on plural...) clan would have a major score.

You have nothing to say about the reputation of "exploiters" quasars and the other one has?

I have to say you are poorly informed, in the Hostile Mergers event our top score squad (324k) did STREAM the entire run on twitch and its uploaded on youtube too,so what do you have to say about our reputation? How you came to the conclusion 

I have to say you are poorly informed, in the Hostile Mergers event our top score squad (324k) did STREAM the entire run on twitch and its uploaded on youtube too,so what do you have to say about our reputation? How you came to the conclusion 

I never said my opinion, just told you which one is going around, it's not my clan and my business afterall, but yeah there is this info going around.

And personally I will find a more serious clan to join after i heard all that.

And I want tell that other guy @Aznvasions if someone used the limit exploit gots a bunch of 30k score runs in a clan like idk 4 full squads so 16 people*30k score, do you think DE banned those as well?

If yes tell me how they even discovered they used it (even the 30FPS one that you can set just with the ingame, let's forget about the 1fps one), besides the score which is in normal range in this scenario

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

If it really is just a select few people then the clan would have nothing to fear. But in covering up and providing legit runs to hide behind you are supporting the exploiters of your clan in the public oppinion. People have to actively strive for a clean competition and not just wait until someone else steps in. And that doesnt mean the clan has just no way of doing anything about it. Assuming the people in a clan want to stay in it, kicking people for exploiting for leaderboards will encourage people to stop using exploits a little bit more.

Yeah it's called prevention, a good clan should consider that behaviour

Archived