Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

6 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

ok!! :)

I noticed some Corpus enemies are immortal to Voidrig's 4th abilities in this event. Have to use Archgun to kill them. Please fix.

Edited by kyori
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ADHDoug said:

Speaking of fixing Deimos fish compatibility with aquariums, does anybody know where I could leave a suggestion? If not with DE themselves then to pick up traction within the community? We need more aquariums, we had too many fish to display BEFORE Deimos launched, and as I see it we already have two perfect candidate locations for conversion: The floor tank in the Helminth room (PERFECT for infested fish), and the plat option to convert the sitting space in front of the window in the personal quarters, similar to the vignette.

Do mean adding to that area or replacing, if replacing I like my humongous Mortus (Morty) Lungfish and would want to keep him, the others I have in there in there not fussed about.

Next to where the flowers sit on the left is a big waste of space, could fit a big tank in there jutting out into the cabin area as well. 

Edit: Added pic.

Spoiler

FD8505363A52735B4890A007EA9B518219601A54

Edited by Slayer-.

I can't believe you guys went through the hassle to give a tap/hold option for every frigging warframe and yet don't allow toggle sprint to be distinct between warframe/archwing/railjack.

Still no fix towards the Lavos' elemental-type on the cycle being completely useless (because it gets blocked/greyed out) when adding a subsumed ability to any of Lavos' respective vanilla abilities.

15 hours ago, Mimikium said:

its moreso, no one wants to do warframe as a full-time job to get r5 arcanes.

R5 arcanes is not a must-have item to do literally anything in an extremely easy game, including 10 hour endurance runs.

Also, this event was active for an entire month, and is 7.7x times faster at arcane farming then eidolons, which is the current only way of getting arcanes all year round. This is nowhere near a "full time job" to get r5 arcanes.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Unless I'm missing something that seems a greedy grab for plat, you entered the Featured Dojo for fun and getting your Trophy for winning then you want players to pay you for something other Clans giveaway free. 
What stops players exploiting the Blueprint by getting it for free from the generous clans and then selling them through your clan for 50p?

-------------------------------

Thank you for the hotfix and fixing that horrid Necramech crosshair, will try it out.

-------------------------------

Arcana Bounties need the Esophage marked for easy access back to the surface, at present if you can't find an Esophage you have to travel almost 1 km back to the surface the way you came in to start the next bounty which is a time waste considering weeks of grind for no weapon parts dropping. (rng hates me) 
Matchmaking for Arcana Bounties is needed.

Khora's whip with LOS is a fail, you've effectively killed a good Warframe for all of us legit players because of a few farming macro exploiters.
Makes me question if investing in the Khora Prime will be a waste of time.

Please fix the Fluctus not hitting the Orphix centre properly once opened, just seeing zeros as damage, then if you're lucky enough to see an actual damage number popup.

Please fix fishing in Deimos getting stuck while using the fishing poles on the exocrine. It happens with both fishing poles from players accounts, though I've only had it happen to myself with the Ebisu Spear.

/most likely more but can't remember them.

The clan got feature dojo and now has a huge advertisement for ignis wraith for 50 plat to message 1 member of the clan. DE talks about holding feature dojo to a higher standard. Supporting the exploitation of new unknowing players is wrong and having this free advertisement through DE is just wrong. Such actions deserve a stripping of such an award. 

Edited by ShadowTalons
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed Infusing Lavos' Vial Rush to another Warframe not allowing it to inflict any Damage/Status.

yes, Yes, YES! Now my vial rush Frost will work even better.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, iHeuksal said:

Still no fix towards the Lavos' elemental-type on the cycle being completely useless (because it gets blocked/greyed out) when adding a subsumed ability to any of Lavos' respective vanilla abilities.

I think it's meant to be a trade off. All the abilities you put on him don't use energy. You could put max strength on him and use any of the helminth abilities with no worries about energy. I think it's a fair trade. Don't quote me but most of the abilities have a 10 sec cooldown on Lavos when you use subsumed abilities.

52 minutes ago, ShadowTalons said:

The clan got feature dojo and now has a huge advertisement for ignis wraith for 50 plat to message 1 member of the clan. DE talks about holding feature dojo to a higher standard. Supporting the exploitation of new unknowing players is wrong and having this free advertisement through DE is just wrong. Such actions deserve a stripping of such an award. 

Has the Clan done it without DE knowing it's for sale but they're also saying it's free within their red text so which is it.

Edited by Slayer-.

Bruntspar skin on Voidrig is still broken, because the head spins and clips through the skin when the Storm Shroud is active. Same with all alternate skins and heads for Voidrig.

Also Wise Razor is terrible with your unbelievable pathetic changes, implemented without thought or reason

Edited by Prexades
  • Like 1
vor 10 Stunden schrieb iHeuksal:

that is intended

En 6/1/2021 a las 17:33, [DE]Megan dijo:

Fixed the Lotus' head disappearing in certain cutscenes.

That wasn't a bug ... it was the inevitable future ... 

• Like 1
On 2021-01-06 at 6:23 PM, Above said:

You can't be serious, there's a massive skill difference between players and DE.

ok, point taken... sadly so... maybe DE should hire some pro-gamer as counselor in design and development - but that wasn't actually my point: i was saying that those who claim that they could run this gig for more than 30K points should prove it with a video so that everyone can see that they didn't exploited the mechanic with the old "host-goes-low-fps" and the timer for the spawn of the next orphix being drawn out this way (meaning they can kill tons of sentients this way and thus getting the high amount of points).

this is indeed something where the devs could profit from some professionla players who show them what can be done in such a scored mission (without exploiting) and that anything that goes beyond that should be ogled carefully. ofc, this current exploit is nothing new to the game and the devs sure as hell know of the problem and seemingly think they can't prevent it... which is not true, though i get that it would be a bit like fighting windmills if they try, since the framework of the game isn't really something to build upon (namely the p2p-nature of it).

Maths.  

Common - 200 cells

Uncommon - 300 cells

Rare - 400 cells

Legendary - 800 cells

Let's say it's a bad run, and you get a common, uncommon, and rare arcane.  200+300+400=900 cells equivalent.  Now, you're running rando groups, and only get in two runs during a night cycle.  That's 1800 cells of equivalent reward at the absolute worst....and if you kill a single teralyst and get the worst reward it's 2000 cells equivalent reward in 45 minutes of grind.  I'm doing this math, to suggest the best case of uncommon, rare, and legendary making a single run worth a staggering 1500 cells or 3000 in a single 45 minute run.

So....the magical math of it being "more rewarding"  to complete the Orphix Venom event is debunked.  This is of course assuming a random group, and the immensely unlikely event of a random group completing all 36 Orphix kills is the hour it takes.  So....yeah.  Bad math.

What then is better about Orphix Venom?  Well....choice.  False choice, but choice.  You don't have to run an average of 420 runs to get the best rewards.  Best being defined by relative rarity here, not the more nebulous better in effect.

Why is this still a problem, and why continue to fight?  3000 in 45 minutes is 4000 points in an hour.  Orphix Venom offers about 2000 in an hour.  At best Orphix Venom is on par with Eidolon hunts, and at worst it is half as rewarding.  Despite the clear math, people cannot articulate the difference between "better because it's not trash RNG" and "better because it's actually better."  Conflating the two in error is not viable, and will lead to more events like this where people will mistake removing the pain of RNG and replacing it with grind as a better solution.

At this point, I expect another litany of people who somehow don't agree.  You can earn more than 2000 cells in an hour, and it doesn't take an hour.  Fine.  With a specialized team you can do 6 tri-eidolon captures in a night.  That's a minimum reward of 900*6=5400 cells equivalent in 45 minutes, a maximum of 9,000 cells in 45 minutes, or 7200-9600 cells per hour.  If you then divide this out to the 33% cycles, it's 2400-3200 cells per hour.  Hmmm....it's almost like changing your standards in the middle of a discussion invites other bad comparisons.

Is anyone still there?  No.  Ahh.  I get it.  Instead of being open to analyzing things, we're arguing the feels.  Being able to choose your reward feels much better....and if you never scratch the surface I'll give you that win.  The problem is that unlike Scarlet Spear, there's no bonuses.  The rates are therefore somehow even worse.  Yes, in this instance Scarlet Spear is being held up as an example of what to do well, instead of being highlighted as another dumpster fire.

I implore people to think critically, but know it won't happen.  I wish that maybe, just maybe, we could get some people in here with the ability to do simple math instead of simply rage quitting when their logic is wrong.

Let me take this moment to help everyone understand.

I said Warframe was dying 5 years ago when I took a long break.  I was wrong.

I said the the mod drop chance booster was immense greed from DE, and that the community would fight back against it.  I was wrong.

I have argued that DE knows what they are doing on pay versus grind.  I'm not sure if I'm wrong, or it's bugs that makes things opaque here.

I'll gladly admit to being wrong to the above, because I argued from the feels rather than the math.  I don't have that problem with stating the Orphix Venom event sucks.  It's less rewarding than an Eidolon hunt, less rewarding than Scarlet Spear, and it's hiding new content behind the grind for mechs.  I don't know why people are defending DE...only that doing so is masochism.  

• Like 4
On 2021-01-06 at 6:26 PM, --Q--FSK41 said:

after the event we plan on publishing one of our runs, we are currently the top squad ,so i  assume it shows how to do 30k+

fair enough - but do so with vids of ALL players involved during the SAME session... so we can judge that there wasn't the host running the game with artificial lowered fps... for good measures, with extra-prove of the in-mission chat and maybe even by simultanious putting all 4 vids into one (one quarter of the screen for each player, this way the simultanious action is far more difficult to fake). i'm sure a good team can get more than 22k which was my best so far with semi-random teams, but there is simply a limits of how many sentients can be killed in the mission without risking the 'time-out' and top-1000 in the list got about to the 30k - and there are even some in there who 'seemingly' done this with only two players... (judging from the listed points that would show 4 player otherwise with the exact same points). so sorry for being a bit of a disbeliver here ^^)

On 2021-01-06 at 6:30 PM, StargazingSeason said:

Actually 33k is legit because we did it , but beyond 35k is XDDDDD

oh yes, since YOU say that, i totally belive you now - you simply would lie to us, right? ...right?

seriously, it might be possible, true - if you have a good team and good fortune in the map-setting too you can push the mission quite a bit but there is a limit to what luck, teamwork and personal skill can get you with rather confinements - and only by 'exploiting' those confinements technically (low-fps host for example, for this is the easiest way to do it) will get you beyond that limit.

if 33k is doable in the correct way, so be it but until i see prove of that i'll stay sceptical of it. and the sad part here is that actually DE should know best what really IS the limit of points a good team and optimal RNG-conditions can reach. me, i'm sceptical about everyone above 30K and sure as hell don't belive those with over 40K of playing it by the rules (not, that there ARE rules by DE ever made that forbid such manipulations and tricks that don't involve a direct change of data-flow to or from the control server).

so again, prove it by doing a 4-player (or how many you actually done it with) and syncronize the vids together with extra prove in form of chat in game and show that you could do it without tricks - should be easy enough to do again if there was no 'glitch' involved in the first place (like for those player in the top-3 positions for whom the game apparently glitched end thus giving them an astronomical amount of points).

27 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

I'll gladly admit to being wrong to the above, because I argued from the feels rather than the math.  I don't have that problem with stating the Orphix Venom event sucks.  It's less rewarding than an Eidolon hunt, less rewarding than Scarlet Spear, and it's hiding new content behind the grind for mechs.  I don't know why people are defending DE...only that doing so is masochism.  

you got the maths right, ok.

the point of why people like this operation better than eidolon hunt, you also stated: it feels better for them and they don't have to wait for the 'night-cycle' to come and the painstaking team-building (even with many friends and/or a big clan this is annoying every time).

is it better than eidonlon hunting when one wants to simply get some arcanes? is it better than scarlet spear? - imo, no to both but it isn't bad per se as a test run of mechs in normal gameplay... which is (again imo) what the devs wanted it to be... not sure if this is the main reason for them or not but one thing i DO know: it's of little use comparing those 3 ways of getting arcanes mathmatically in a computergame nonetheless ^^)

really, there are many things that could and should be done with the current operation and also with the game itself but that doesn't mean damning or praising about everything DE does all the time... still, it's also a part of the game doing so...  and it seems that at least some people have fun with doing all those disscusions and calculations - like you and me both do, i guess.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, tvirusx said:

I have a question, i was under the impression that this event orphix Venom was something like a test run for mechs on normal missions, Is that still a thing? I mean i dumped a Lot of Hours on my mech leveling over AND over spending plat on forma, and it Will be extremely dissapointing to see all that effort just to use it on the same Deimos bounties, can someone of the staff clarify this for me?

Sorry dude - the way this test run is looking, the mech’s future obviously lies in platforming through gas city tilesets all day long XD.

But seriously, the only real benefit I can think of to using a mech is for Profit Taker. 

• [DE]Megan unpinned and unfeatured this topic