Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

Please make future events with worthwhile rewards allow the use of the reason people play this game. Thank you for making arcanes available like this, but please don’t balance it via making it so restrictive that nunerous people just wont be willing to participate.

its a turnoff from playing at all when it’s done like this.

Press/hold change is good. Thank you. Probably either mark abilities so the “valid” lost updates with who has what ability (Thermal Sunder, Spellbind, Mind Control, Quiver) or make it universal

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fr4gb4ll said:

you got the maths right, ok.

the point of why people like this operation better than eidolon hunt, you also stated: it feels better for them and they don't have to wait for the 'night-cycle' to come and the painstaking team-building (even with many friends and/or a big clan this is annoying every time).

is it better than eidonlon hunting when one wants to simply get some arcanes? is it better than scarlet spear? - imo, no to both but it isn't bad per se as a test run of mechs in normal gameplay... which is (again imo) what the devs wanted it to be... not sure if this is the main reason for them or not but one thing i DO know: it's of little use comparing those 3 ways of getting arcanes mathmatically in a computergame nonetheless ^^)

really, there are many things that could and should be done with the current operation and also with the game itself but that doesn't mean damning or praising about everything DE does all the time... still, it's also a part of the game doing so...  and it seems that at least some people have fun with doing all those disscusions and calculations - like you and me both do, i guess.

Read?

I say that as a question for a specific reason.  You seem to not understand that there is a basis, and that is maybe because you haven't read the rest of these threads (16+ pages....so not unreasonable).

Now...the simple bit.  People state flatly that this is not rewarding (my camp).  Others state that this is 100% better and more rewarding than Eidolon hunts (the opposing though school).  Now read through pages upon pages where it is flatly stated that this is more rewarding than the Eidolon hunts.  I'll wait, because you shouldn't trust me.  You should verify.  That said, most people are too lazy.  I will let you either believe me, or verify.

Now.  What have I said consistently?  Orphix Venom is a painful grind.  It isn't fun.  It is buggy.  Most frustratingly, it's somehow a worse Scarlet Spear.  I'm judging this event in two ways.  Does it have a similar or better rewards structure to what we already have, and does it provide a unique experience?  No to both.  It's a copy of Scarlet Spear.  It's less rewarding than both Eidolons and Scarlet Spear.  It's therefore a bad rendition of an event....because it cannot even mathematically compete with just doing more Eidolon runs.  For those people who just want the new content, it's a day of time to grind a mission....because 2% drop rates can go tongue a light socket for all I care.  This is....insulting of frustrating probably sums it up best.

Now, why be so adamant?  Why not just let this damp squib go?  Well....it's been two years of concentrated grind.  Fortuna gave way to Railjack, to Liches, to Scarlet Spear, to Deimos, and to Orphix Venom.  Now, the positives seem to be limited to reworks (corpus ship, if you can ignore the bugs).  It's really depressing to see this....but DE keeps on trucking like losing 50% of the player base on your primary platform is just fine.

Would you like me to say I'm done?  Maybe stop complaining, so DE can do another straw poll of their twitter followers to justify something like "universal medallions" not understanding the meaning of the word universal?  Perhaps our next update to Railjack will introduce crew with an upkeep and maintenance cost like other games.  Yeah...  Maybe it's out of love that we get angry.  Maybe doing the math because others are too lazy and incapable of decoupling their feelings is so they can see why they are being duped.  Let me state that I own Spacebase DF-9.  I paid money for a game that Doublefine shat out as raw seed, whilst promising a loaf of bread.  I just gave it a thumbs down on steam.  For Warframe I logged on, went to their forums, and regularly provide feedback.  If you read all of it, you'd be surprised that some of it is positive...even if that positivity occasionally comes at great effort.  This is someone trying to make what they like better....and taking issues when another person is incapable of bringing forth a coherent point, but can always yell loud enough that the opposition is wrong.

I say this whilst in a country where the political process is nuts.  When people start shooting at each other because a politician is inconvenienced it's insane.  No matter your beliefs, occasionally thinking about them critically is necessary....and yelling that someone else is wrong without any backing facts or evidence is pretty "special."  

• Like 7
vor 3 Stunden schrieb fr4gb4ll:

fair enough - but do so with vids of ALL players involved during the SAME session... so we can judge that there wasn't the host running the game with artificial lowered fps... for good measures, with extra-prove of the in-mission chat and maybe even by simultanious putting all 4 vids into one (one quarter of the screen for each player, this way the simultanious action is far more difficult to fake). i'm sure a good team can get more than 22k which was my best so far with semi-random teams, but there is simply a limits of how many sentients can be killed in the mission without risking the 'time-out' and top-1000 in the list got about to the 30k - and there are even some in there who 'seemingly' done this with only two players... (judging from the listed points that would show 4 player otherwise with the exact same points). so sorry for being a bit of a disbeliver here ^^)

Two of our players cant record an entire run afaik,I am planning on hosting it personally with my FPS and everything else enabled so you can see the host (me) has clearly good FPS , during the run there will be occassions where you can see what others are doing,i can  also show my builds after if you wish to

Edited by --Q--FSK41
typo

I tried to do the event after this patch and every time I get kicked from the group into my own solo group and have to extract.

Edit: NVM it's not exclusive to Orphix

Edited by Yseviel
On 2021-01-06 at 12:36 PM, Udoshi said:

Y'all gonna remove stagger from Amps already?

its pretty unbearable and it really, really, really super sucks whenever you get forced out of your mech or frame.

Its been over 9 months, de.

Even the glaive thrower animation locks you now in the same way akarius will knock you on your ass if you try to fire it while goin forwardlike (akarius is worse, you can move any direction and pratfall by pulling the trigger)

Yep, as bad as self damage was, AoE falloff PLUS Stagger is worse, it's the equivalent of one asking someone to fix something and instead they make it worse.

• Like 5
On 2021-01-06 at 11:33 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed an issue where Affinity collected in a Necramech wouldn't propagate to your Arch Gun if you Transferenced in from the Operator.

Not fixed. Not allowed to keep ANY affinity in necramech or archgun. Tested as both host and client.

Spoiler

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Sylonus said:

Yep, as bad as self damage was, AoE falloff PLUS Stagger is worse, it's the equivalent of one asking someone to fix something and instead they make it worse.

Sadly, we all know by now that DE only ever ‘improve’ something if they can implement an even worse nerf to balance it out. “That’ll teach you Tenno to criticise our game!”

• Like 2

Can we please fix the issue of the 2 and 4 abilities of both mechs deactivating if you have ability menu disabled on controller. When I cycle left or right it deactivates them. But casting on keyboard doesn't disable. If I activate storm shroud and try to cycle left or right to activate another ability Storm Shroud/Shield Maiden they're cancelled out immediately. Same with if I use Ironbride and try to cycle on my controller ability selection dots to activate shield maiden. Please fix this. 

Edited by Kitty1709
Am 6.1.2021 um 17:33 schrieb [DE]Megan:

Changes

• Necramech HUD reticles will now always be white, same as other reticles, to ensure it's always as visible as possible.

• Disabled ability to open the Pause Menu after catching a fish since it could lead to incorrect state.

• ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ option now lets you control the setting for each valid Warframe.

• Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!
    • 17a732a85867d04c31631cfa6a7a2d43.jpg
  • Removed Magnus shell casing eject sounds to match revolver aesthetic / animation.

Hey @[DE]Megan. Nice that you guys brought more versatility to the controls. I've entered the game before Update 7.0 and since then players are begging to have some more versatility on gamepad as well. Opening the Ability wheel with RB and then click X to hold a Charge shot for ember, or clicking RB to cycle through xakus abilities, then hold RB and click B to use it is absolutely unneccessary. I have never required to used that wheel, hence avoid any Frame that requires this dumb system by force.

Theres a very simple fix:
Have ability selected, and hold to cycle, or hold to charge ability.

Why need a wheel? Provide the choice to turn it off. You implemented it back in the day instead of this solution, and I never understood why.

Edited by Anmut
  • Like 2

On 2021-01-06 at 10:33 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Operation: Orphix Venom Changes & Fixes:

• Over the course of the Holiday break, the team continued to track and fix Operation exploits. Any scores that were determined to be achieved with these exploits have been (and will continue to be) removed from the Leaderboards, and temporary or full suspensions have been issued where appropriate. 

Nope, there are individual players on the leaderboard that still have scores only attainable by using the exploits.
49,000+ can't be possible...

And what about the plat they gained from using these exploits to buy up and sell arcanes?

This is weak....

Edited by OnceADrog
Correction on how many exploiters are still on the leaderboard
20 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

maybe because you haven't read the rest of these threads (16+ pages....so not unreasonable).

20 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Now...the simple bit.  People state flatly that this is not rewarding (my camp).  Others state that this is 100% better and more rewarding than Eidolon hunts (the opposing though school).  Now read through pages upon pages where it is flatly stated that this is more rewarding than the Eidolon hunts.  I'll wait, because you shouldn't trust me.  You should verify.  That said, most people are too lazy.  I will let you either believe me, or verify.

indeed not but i can guess that many are either complaining or defending and simply don't understand that it's just a matter of perspective if someone likes the operation or not - regardless of the math telling clear(er) story... afterall, even a chore that one has fun doing, doesn't like a chore at all.

i can tell my personal feeling about the matter: i got tired of constant eidolon hunting long ago, even before i got all arcane to max during the scarlet spear event, i can do the eidolon quite well and don't really dislike it but the forced time to do it was always someting that put me off (though i understand the reason behind it). also the idiots who though themself overmighty clever and though of telling the rest what exactly to do didn't help with warming up to it - the same crap that already annoyed me with the trials (beside the bloody flood of bug and instability of the mission when a toaster was the host...).

scarlet spear was one hell of a bugfest, but aside from that, i had a lot of fun doing it (thus i got all the missing arcane and many more from it).

this one now, the venom orphix operation is a mixed bag compared - and i don't speak of the 'rewardness' of  it (which is, like you said not as good as the e-hunt). the fun of it lies with the 'new' experience of using mechs in 'normal' environments... though it's rather a 'test-tube' experience with selected title sets, but that's ok with me sicne DE said this was a test... and i guess they will get the data they wanted from it too. anyway, i had fun (and still have) with it but since there is not much incentive for me to run it as much as i did scarlet spear, it's not on my top-priority list... also, it's a bit more easy to 'finish' - regulary, not if you try to max-out the points (exploiting or not).

so, if we had the choice of those 3 ways to run for arcane, i would go with scarlet spear... likely... followed by venom orphix and last (but not least, really) the eidolon hunt. i would chose so not by the 'time spend' versus 'reward earned' formular but simply by what is more fun for me to do. and the majority of people do the same thing but seldom realize the 'why' of it - and they do as most people do when emotions get involved (and they usually do in about everything people do...) and get zealous in their conviction that only their opinion is the right one and many then think they should convince the 'others' who are blind, silly and/or unbeliver of the only truth there is.... in short: typical human bullѕhit ^^)

so, i suggest you save yourself the annoyance of trying to convince others to the choice of yours - not because you're wrong or right but because it's a lost cause trying to do so.

• Like 1
  • [DE]Megan unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Is there any fix for the solo extraction not fully working in pub squads? The timer resets every time damaged in the mech, or sometimes would just vanish at exactly 17 seconds and go back to  'waiting for players 1/4'. Quite annoying to deal with.

• Sometimes for OV only 1 party member got 500ping (2 times got it). Other friend/members dont have it, in one of game after 5 restarts it down for 120 and work good. Tested after game - i go as host and He(host-1)  have 60-80 ping to Me with no problems.
Edited by AvatarShine

I think it would be incredibly nice to include the 'invert controls' option on the loadout screen for applicable Warframes, and make it a per-loadout setting. So you could still change the default, like you can now, but if you want your Config C to be different you could edit it for just that config at the same time you're adjusting your mods. For frames like Ivara and Protea who might have different preferences for which of their applicable abilities they want faster access to, this would be a really nice - and I think fairly easy - additional QoL improvement.

2 minutes ago, Ahrivaeus said:

I think it would be incredibly nice to include the 'invert controls' option on the loadout screen for applicable Warframes, and make it a per-loadout setting. So you could still change the default, like you can now, but if you want your Config C to be different you could edit it for just that config at the same time you're adjusting your mods. For frames like Ivara and Protea who might have different preferences for which of their applicable abilities they want faster access to, this would be a really nice - and I think fairly easy - additional QoL improvement.

Also, with regards to abilities with more than two options, such as Titania's 2 and Chroma's 1: If the controls are set such that cycling through these options is done by holding rather than tapping, it would be really nice to be able to hold to continuously scroll through the options, rather than having to hold and release, then hold and release.

On 2021-01-06 at 1:30 PM, room199 said:

Yeh - only about 6 hours of event grind to max out a single white arcane. Yum. 

8, actually, if you get all 16800 required cells from 36-Orphix runs that give a bit more than 2K cells each. More if you play in pubs that only occasionally pull off OVE 36 instead of premades. Spend these 8+ hours now to avoid having to fight the Eidolons hundreds of times later.

And you still have 10 days.

White Arcanes are supposed to be precious and hard to get. Scarlet Spear made it too easy, if anything.

On 2021-01-08 at 4:57 AM, room199 said:

Sadly, we all know by now that DE only ever ‘improve’ something if they can implement an even worse nerf to balance it out. “That’ll teach you Tenno to criticise our game!”

Not completely true, they have certainly given pure improvements at times, but yes, they often do this as well, you never know till you ask.