Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

1 minute ago, Leon_Von_Comarre said:

They removed Universal Medallions giving Conclave rep because of one person complaining on twitter, so it wouldn't be the first time they did something unreasonable that affected everyone else.

That didn't "affect everyone else", because it was never implemented that way to start with. You're comparing two completely incompatible scenarios. All they did was choose not to release a feature to the full game, that nobody managed to benefit from beforehand anyways.

Love that we can individually toggle hold/tap settings. Have to go test how it works with infused abilities, I've got quite a few frames with Titania's 1 mostly for self-status immunity.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed proper AABC reward not being given when achieving the Endurance max 36th Orphix. 

Ok so that was a bug, what about all the people who were doing endurance runs to max runs is there any way to do a script to give those rewards or similar to those people? 

• Like 5
Just now, InfernoPunch400 said:

I'm genuinely surprised they still haven't nerfed Fluctus into oblivion

Why would they? Works as intended

• Like 9
34 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to

This is a nice idea, but further proof that DE doesn't remember their own game mechanics. As someone above mentioned, this doesn't factor in augments that add hold functionality (i.e. [Smite Infusion]), and what's more, it completely ignores the fact that some tap/hold abilities (most obviously Thermal Sunder) can be INJECTED, meaning this option must exist for everyone. No idea why they didn't just add the option for every frame.

• Like 4

And of course no fix for fluctus not being able to damage orphix.
I mean, it's not much relevant at the later stage of the mission, but saves energy and trouble at start. That's not even talking about the whole absurdity of an archgun not damaging something.

• Like 2

Please reconsider the Khora nerf. I have sat through numerous nerfs in this game, but this is the first one where I feel so demotivated I don't even want to start the game up sometimes.

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 13

Revert or replace the line of sight check added to Khora's Whipclaw in U29.5.0. It is buggy and unreliable and makes playing Khora frustrating.

giphy.gif

This has been broken now for 13 hotfixes and 1 minor update.

giphy.gif

The check frequently fails on random bits of geometry.

giphy.gif

Ironically, this horrid change was described in U29.5.0 as a "little quality of life touch up":

WARFRAME ABILITY CHANGES:

The first group in our “touch all Warframes” list! We aim to give each Warframe a little quality of life touch up and not laser focus on one Warframe at a time.

Khora

• There is now a minimal Line of Sight check on Whipclaw’s radial damage. 

Despite drastically reducing the quality of life for this Warframe.

My bug report has 65 examples lovingly recorded across all 15 standard tilesets.

The LoS also breaks for Ember's Fireball, primary Tombfinger Kitguns, and even Bonewidow's newish heavy charge attack.

giphy.gif

I'm tired of having to make this post for what is such an obvious buggy mess. Revert or replace this change.

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan @[DE]Grineeer @[DE]Steve @[DE]Pablo

Edited by PublikDomain
Fixed link not appearing correctly.
  • Like 26
Цитата

Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!

This is just amazing! Thank you a lot!

3 minutes ago, Aznvasions said:

That didn't "affect everyone else", because it was never implemented that way to start with. You're comparing two completely incompatible scenarios. All they did was choose not to release a feature to the full game, that nobody managed to benefit from beforehand anyways.

You're right, I'm just bitter.

Just now, Above said:

Why would they? Works as intended

Because Fluctus makes what would probably the most annoying part of this event into a cakewalk. And DE does not like when people find ways to make the game easier. Or more accurately- less grindy. Remember back in Scarlet Spear, where you could basically stunlock all sentinets on the murex with Limbo's 2-ult combo?

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Operation: Orphix Venom Changes & Fixes:

• Over the course of the Holiday break, the team continued to track and fix Operation exploits. Any scores that were determined to be achieved with these exploits have been (and will continue to be) removed from the Leaderboards, and temporary or full suspensions have been issued where appropriate. 

Can you fix the root of the problem by introducing dedicated #*!%ing servers and prevent hosts from abusing the game in the first place? It has happened in the past, and it will continue to happen in the future.

• Like 5
vor 1 Minute schrieb Aznvasions:

Yes, imagine punishing clans of 1000 members, when it's generally at worst just a small handful of players for respective said clan.

That's why I said "widespread issue". If you want honest competition, everyone needs to do their part for it.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Aznvasions:

Also, did you consider that DE lets them stick around so that they can easily track abnormal scores in future events and find out why so they can patch bugs and exploits out? It's not like bugged scores have ever made it to the end of the operation and survived. They always get stomped out, so the current handling model is fine.

No, I havent because the less exploits they have to patch out because no one uses them the less work it is for DE. People still try to do exploits on every event so obviously the current handling model is not fine. By putting preasure on the clans aswell we will get a much cleaner competition. Because right now people can just try exploits and if they get caught they can just use an alt account in the same clan (as it's not generally against TOS to be in the same clan as your alt account if there is no interaction otherwise) and then try again.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Aznvasions:

and instead am playing devil's advocate.

Way to invalidate your entire post.

• Like 1

When do you plan on doing something about the 1 FPS = 30k+ exploit? It seems as though the percentage gain is directly correlated  to framerate of the host.
Also, there are casual clans that are having a really hard time getting their gold trophy due to new players being a bulk amount of the clan. I understand you made this scale as if half the players got 10k, but if they can't even access the event to get a score, then that seriously lowers the chances of getting proper scoring. Our clan got the Silver Trophy only recently, and I can only imagine how others may be doing in similar situations. I've ran the math, and it's extremely unlikely that our clan will get the Gold Trophy due to the player type that we have. Which is really messed up in my opinion. It's punishing players that aren't able be competitive in a scenario where they're being treated as if they can be.

Edited by ArgonautTitan
  • Like 4
39 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Any scores that were determined to be achieved with these exploits have been (and will continue to be) removed from the Leaderboards, and temporary or full suspensions have been issued where appropriate.

i would like to see a video proof of doing a run with over 30k points being done in a not-exploitable way.... seriously, you guys should do some test runs before the start of an operation to see what is actually doable at all and then put a little marging on top for very skilled and lucky player to get above that - everything else can only be 'suspicious' at best and is more likely due to the (sadly) usual exploiting mechanisms... ofc, those few player who even got above the bulk of 'hardly realistic' places are more likely due to some freak-accidents and if so, i hope you don't punish them for it (especially if they send in a ticket about this).

• Like 1
vor 1 Minute schrieb Wyrmius_Prime:

Can you fix the root of the problem by introducing dedicated #*!%ing servers and prevent hosts from abusing the game in the first place? It has happened in the past, and it will continue to happen in the future.

pretty sure they wont do that people have been banned,they took care of it ,whats the problem?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, yarl5000 said:

Ok so that was a bug, what about all the people who were doing endurance runs to max runs is there any way to do a script to give those rewards or similar to those people? 

Bump!

• Like 1

Tap/Hold changes.

Oh, THANK YOU! So glad to see this. Especially since the previous setting wasn't consistent (for example I have cast as tap and choose as hold. On Khora her 3 was choose as tap and cast as hold). 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

i would like to see a video proof of doing a run with over 30k points being done in a not-exploitable way.... seriously, you guys should do some test runs before the start of an operation to see what is actually doable at all and then put a little marging on top for very skilled and lucky player to get above that - everything else can only be 'suspicious' at best and is more likely due to the (sadly) usual exploiting mechanisms... ofc, those few player who even got above the bulk of 'hardly realistic' places are more likely due to some freak-accidents and if so, i hope you don't punish them for it (especially if they send in a ticket about this).

You can't be serious, there's a massive skill difference between players and DE.

Edited by Above
  • Like 4
vor 3 Minuten schrieb ArgonautTitan:

When do you plan on doing something about the 1 FPS = 30k+ exploit? It seems as though the percentage gain is directly correlated  to framerate of the host.
Also, there are casual clans that are having a really hard time getting their gold trophy due to new players being a bulk amount of the clan. I understand you made this scale as if half the players got 10k, but if they can't even access the event to get a score, then that seriously lowers the chances of getting proper scoring. Our clan got the Silver Trophy only recently, and I can only imagine how others may be doing in similar situations. I've ran the math, and it's extremely unlikely that our clan will get the Gold Trophy due to the player type that we have. Which is really messed up in my opinion. It's punishing players that aren't able be competitive in a scenario where they're being treated as if they can be.

1 FPS=30k is a lie , you can do 40k with 100 fps and more. To your second point: you named the *problem* yourself, you have a casual clan with people that cannot even do the event? why would a clan like that get a gold trophy? or even better what do you expect DE to do, give out gold trophies to everyone clan where one squad does 20k? 

• Like 2
  • [DE]Megan unpinned and unfeatured this topic