Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

[DE]Megan

Gerade eben schrieb Aznvasions:

This particular run has not had much exposure yet, and I believe people will end up scrutinising this closely. I have obtained permission from the runner to post this.

But here is an example of a 36k run, of few people have seen said video, where in my words, and in runner's words, "you screwed up, this should have been closer to 40k".

All you need to do, is put in the same amount of time that all the top scoring people (waste) on the event instead of doing something else.

exactly 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb --Q--FSK41:

i am thats why its stupid ,here an EXTREME example, RV has about what,900 people? in the clan or more, lets say 800 of them cheated and 100 didnt, would  you remove it and punish 100 players for doing nothing wrong? thats not reasonable. You would remove the score of the 800 people,and thats all and EXACTLY what DE is doing

Simply seek out a clan interested in a clean competition instead of supporting exploiters by giving them valid runs to hide behind in the public oppinion.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Drachnyn:

Simply seek out a clan interested in a clean competition instead of supporting exploiters by giving them valid runs to hide behind in the public oppinion.

Again, can you name me some clans that actively encourage people to exploit and where 99% of the people exploit for scores? I would like to know

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

Tenno! It’s our first Hotfix of 2021. We’ll be taking on some Orphix Venom bugs head on, aiming to keep the Necramech mayhem going until the Operation ends on January 18. We expect to release a few more Hotfixes throughout the first few weeks of January as we gear up for a new exciting year for Warframe.

Changes

• Necramech HUD reticles will now always be white, same as other reticles, to ensure it's always as visible as possible.

• ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ option now lets you control the setting for each valid Warframe.

• Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!
    • 17a732a85867d04c31631cfa6a7a2d43.jpg

Thank you so much! Quality of Life improvements are always ALWAYS ALWAYS welcome.

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Not if the clans pride themselves in having those event scores. As far as putting it in their recruitment posts. It is important for the clans to have those high scores so they should also work for a clean competition.

It's just the logical thing to do if it's a widespread issue in a clan.

That changes nothing, the clan still got away with it unpunished. It's time for clans to police themselves aswell. I'm not saying this to target one clan in particular or specific runs. I'm aware that just because a run has a high score that it's automatically exploit based.

Again, this is only when it's determined to be a widespread issue in a clan. Because then the clan is clearly not interested in an honest competition and therefore should not be on the leaderboards.

Yes, and as I said, those highscores at the end of the event are all clean scores. The final standings of any Operation only include clean scores. Or do you really still believe that exploited scores manage to survive after the event ends? There's significant evidence to the contrary, so...

No it is not the logical thing to do, because it causes widespread collateral damage. What does the current method fail to achieve? All it fails to achieve is preventing said clan from attempting exploits in the future, which your suggested "fix" wouldn't solve anyways. I said people would just move to a new clan or build a new clan and do the exact same thing. Clans in the end are built by the people. The name of the clan carries only so much weight.

There have been many great clans over the years that have disappeared because the players that made them great chose to abandon them, yet these players continue to play the game and make other clans "great", setting records, milestones, etc. It doesn't matter what the clan is, the leaderboard potential will always follow the players.

You don't need a long lasting legacy to recruit into your clan. If you singlehandedly achieve high scores and top the leaderboards in single operations, people will come to your clan.

What even is considered "widespread" to you? Remember that the loudest voice that is heard is always the minority.

Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!

Which warframe abilities are now tap/hold? Could we get a list?

vor 1 Minute schrieb --Q--FSK41:

Again, can you name me some clans that actively encourage people to exploit and where 99% of the people exploit for scores? I would like to know

I am sure you feel specifically called out for by me but every competitive clan should actively police their members for proper behavior. That wont happen unless the clans are encouraged to do so. I'm sure you and your clan has nothing to fear there.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Drachnyn:

I am sure you feel specifically called out for by me but every competitive clan should actively police their members for proper behavior. That wont happen unless the clans are encouraged to do so. I'm sure you and your clan has nothing to fear there.

Still how can you punish entire clans for single people in the clan ignoring their rules. U wouldnt punish an entire family because one family member did a crime either would you?

2 minutes ago, Above said:

The ones in the giant picture Megan posted maybe?

Unless all warframes are listed regardless of whether or not they have abilities effected by this, than that does help, but it isn't a substitute for a list of abilities.

Changes

• Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!
    • 17a732a85867d04c31631cfa6a7a2d43.jpg

While I (and I bet many others) appreciate this change, I personally feel it is not enough to make the tap/hold abilities fit in well, as I feel this whole tap/hold casting mechanic is too clunky for Warframe's incredibly rapid pace.

I'd like to, again, propose a much faster and smoother casting system:

1 hour ago, --RV--Faras said:

Half the prices for the items in the the OV store!

Have you tried prioritizing your wishlist? There's more than enough time to max out a(nother) white Arcane, and yellow/gray/brown Arcanes are strictly easier to get to rank 5.

Love this new attention to held and revolving abilities! Could we also have dedicated separate keybinds to cycle revolving abilities up and down (eg. Scroll wheel up and down to cycle), select specific modes (eg. Numpad 1-4 picks Lavos elements and number row 1-4 casts them, or Numpad 1-4 as Titania each instantly cast a different Tribute), and use alternate ability functions? (eg. Numrow 3 always uses Targeted Magnetize even if it's held, and F3 always uses Defensive Magnetize as a toggle if tapped or while held if held)

Gerade eben schrieb --Q--FSK41:

Still how can you punish entire clans for single people in the clan ignoring their rules. U wouldnt punish an entire family because one family did a crime either would you?

If it really is just a select few people then the clan would have nothing to fear. But in covering up and providing legit runs to hide behind you are supporting the exploiters of your clan in the public oppinion. People have to actively strive for a clean competition and not just wait until someone else steps in. And that doesnt mean the clan has just no way of doing anything about it. Assuming the people in a clan want to stay in it, kicking people for exploiting for leaderboards will encourage people to stop using exploits a little bit more.

4 minutes ago, dorukayhan said:

Have you tried prioritizing your wishlist? There's more than enough time to max out a(nother) white Arcane, and yellow/gray/brown Arcanes are strictly easier to get to rank 5.

Yeh - only about 6 hours of event grind to max out a single white arcane. Yum. 

8 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

If it really is just a select few people then the clan would have nothing to fear. But in covering up and providing legit runs to hide behind you are supporting the exploiters of your clan in the public oppinion. People have to actively strive for a clean competition and not just wait until someone else steps in. And that doesnt mean the clan has just no way of doing anything about it. Assuming the people in a clan want to stay in it, kicking people for exploiting for leaderboards will encourage people to stop using exploits a little bit more.

How would a clan even determine if someone exploited? Seeing as the only people with access to data to concretely determine whether a run was exploited is DE. Members of a clan have no obligation to explain how they did said run. There is no reason why a clan should have such ruleset either that requires a runner to divulge their strats. A clan will not know a member exploited, unless a member willingly shares it. So a clan that chooses to take action, will not have any action to take, because any exploiter with a braincell in said clan would not divulge any information outside of their circle.

The only reason scores get wiped to start with is because DE has the tools to determine whether the score should be wiped or not. No one else has those tools, and no one ever will. All you can get as a clan is a confession from guilty parties involved, which if there are consequences, will obviously never happen. Every single game is like this. No one ever admits anything if there is something to be lost.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno! It’s our first Hotfix of 2021. We’ll be taking on some Orphix Venom bugs head on, aiming to keep the Necramech mayhem going until the Operation ends on January 18. We expect to release a few more Hotfixes throughout the first few weeks of January as we gear up for a new exciting year for Warframe. 

Y'all gonna remove stagger from Amps already?

its pretty unbearable and it really, really, really super sucks whenever you get forced out of your mech or frame.

Its been over 9 months, de.

Even the glaive thrower animation locks you now in the same way akarius will knock you on your ass if you try to fire it while goin forwardlike (akarius is worse, you can move any direction and pratfall by pulling the trigger)

Archived