Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the best way to kill necremechs?

(PSN)DarkFist91

Question

20 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Neat! I didn't know that. Much appreciated

Ok, I wanted to be sure of what I said so I went and did the vaults last night solo with my Shedu/Nezha set-up.  Confirmed that the AoE blasts from those weapons still work BUT holy hell is it much harder to do now.  I haven't done one since the Arcana update so I was a bit surprised; Prior to the update I could roll all 3 tiers in a single phase with the set-up, no problems what-so-ever.  Post-Arcana: Bonewidow easy enough, just shoot the face peering over the shield basically.  But they changed something with Voidrig (or Shedu, or I messed up a mod on it, I'll check later) because my method still worked but the margin for error/miss was sooooo much more narrow to hit that crit that it's just not an efficient method at this point.  Prior to the update at Tier 3 with three enemy Voidrig's I'd just sit there shooting the walls or ground around them and eventually they'd drop, not the case now.  

On 2021-01-07 at 7:34 PM, LillyRaccune said:

I was worried I was giving you bad advice, so I went and did a single isolation vault. Octavia's 1 (Mallet) does indeed distract enemy necramechs. I did not test her 2 (Resonator, aka ball). I decided to try the advice from some of the other players here and I brought my redeemer. The results were unexpected good:

• accidentally killed it while aiming for the arms.

That was my experience just a few minutes ago. Invisible with Octavia's 3, Gunblade with standard heavy attack build (no riven), Octavia's 1 forces them to face in the direction of the Mallet, gunblade them from behind.

I found that if solo it's easier to just stay invisible as their AI can't deal with that, and they either just stand there and take it (assuming no infested are around), or they come to you (they know perfectly where you are , they just fake not seeing you. Very badly, I might add), and hug you, so you can just blast their arms off.

If you put mallet down they start attacking it, while spazzing all over the place, making it much harder to hit their weakpoints.

Of course, since they only fake not knowing where you are, you can't get at their backs while solo without tossing a mallet down as they will always turn towards you even while you are invisible.

So:

• get rid of infested in the area
  • blast arms off while invisible
  • toss mallet and shoot from behind (with some luck they kill themselves on the mallet in this state as well). Mind Voidrig's mines.

Have had issues where they instantly regenerate limbs for some reason though, sometimes totally breaking hitboxes and I have a very hard time blowing them off again. Probably just more random bugs, hard to tell given how messy the entire thing feels.

Personally, I used a Wukong with a Catchmoon pistol and Shattering Impact on my melee weapon.  My twin (aka. bait) would strip down the mech's armor as I shoot its arms off.  I do need to kite a bit in Tier 3 as it's easy to get overwhelmed against 3 mechs, but 2 is okay.  Just need to watch out for Bonewidow's second swing (will get oneshotted without shields) and Voidrig's mines (it's the perfect chance to use Wukong's 3 to counter, though).

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I was worried I was giving you bad advice, so I went and did a single isolation vault. Octavia's 1 (Mallet) does indeed distract enemy necramechs. I did not test her 2 (Resonator, aka ball). I decided to try the advice from some of the other players here and I brought my redeemer. The results were unexpected good:

That was my experience just a few minutes ago. Invisible with Octavia's 3, Gunblade with standard heavy attack build (no riven), Octavia's 1 forces them to face in the direction of the Mallet, gunblade them from behind.

So just use the mallet without resonator?

On 2021-01-06 at 12:26 PM, LillyRaccune said:

The strategy I have settled on is still using Octavia. Her 1st ability keeps it distracted and does take down the Mech's shields and damage reflection barrier. After that I do my best to stay invisible and go for precision shots on the arms, the face, and between the should plates. Area of Effect (aka big boom) weapons have no effect on the Mechs. 

My strategy isn't perfect, but at least I can do it solo. Hope that helps!

I found this to not work every time lol I was using Octavia before they made it so the mech just ignores the ball 

if you dont have a necramech i would suggest to use a ivara + gunblade heavy attack build (either redeemer prime or stropha) and aim for their weak point which is their back where you can see their energy glow 1-2 shots and a mech is down. this strategy works easy because if you use any other weapon as a normal melee or secondary and primary the mechs can still target you while being invisible BUT some how if you shoot with a gunblade they dont seem to find you at all from personal experience they only targeted my smeeta kavat because when i start attacking the kavat started to attack the mech aswell.

hope this helps tenno

Banshee.

Sonar it until its arms and torso are lit up with weakspots.

Use Silence to dispel and prevent it from using its special abilities.

Shoot the arms with Radiation damage weaponry and it'll explode.

Just juke the gunshots, their tracking is abysmal. If you can move out of its line of sight and keep in under Silence, you can get behind it and shoot it until Silence wears off without it reacting to you. Make sure no other enemies have LOS/perception of you who are outside of Silence's field.

Bonus: Toss in Sonic Fracture so you can peel the armor off Bonewidows. As of the last time I played, it does not affect Voidrigs.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)DarkFist91 said:

As title suggests, looking for best way to pop necramechs since Octavia doesn't work too well anymore. 

Put Banshee's silence ability on whichever frame you like to use for the mission via helminth.  I like Wukong because the clone does most of the work for me in the bait and toxic tunnel phases.

Get to the mechs, pop silence and shoot off the arms.  Then shoot the back.   Easy as you can get.  For the arms l like my tombfinger pistol and for the back the ignis.  But the specific weapons don't really matter just like the frame is personal choice.

20 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Area of Effect (aka big boom) weapons have no effect on the Mechs

Actually they do, the point of explosion as to be at the right area.  Hitting the front or arms will have no effect on the back-crit though, so aim for the floor, wall, or objects around the side/back of the mech. 
Bonewidow I found you could hit by just shooting the face/head over the shield.
Voidrig: Either my mod-setup on Shedu was borked or they did some changes to that mech in Arcana because it is not a reliable method now, very very narrow area to knock AoE damage at the crit, basically it had to be 1-2 meters from a wall and you shoot the wall but even that isn't reliable now post-Arcana.

For me solo: Go in with a tank (Nezha) and use splash damage from Shedu (no concern for ammo) to hit the crit spot.  Shooting the floor near the legs works, or hitting the wall/objects behind the enemy also works if they are close enough.  Interestingly this method makes Wall-Cling shooting viable as hitting the "head" of the mech from above will also hit the crit with the splash damage.  

Ya, still works it's just not efficient now.

The strategy I have settled on is still using Octavia. Her 1st ability keeps it distracted and does take down the Mech's shields and damage reflection barrier. After that I do my best to stay invisible and go for precision shots on the arms, the face, and between the should plates. Area of Effect (aka big boom) weapons have no effect on the Mechs. 

My strategy isn't perfect, but at least I can do it solo. Hope that helps!

Archived