Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Nightwave Season 3 End Date & Intermission Details

[DE]CoreyOnline

Am 6.1.2021 um 20:10 schrieb (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20:

Hopefully you guys include everything from nightwave series 1 &2 In upcoming intermission for those like me who started in July 2020 or shortly after nightwave intermission ended..

I really want that Eledlon Emphera from series 1 & the wolf armor...

I don't mind if I have to grind to level 60 to obtain everything from series 1 & 2 Atleast it will give me an incentive to grind to 60+! 

Yes Exclusivity is the worst thing in a game, people who have something you dont have because they started playing sometimes year earlier is something that definitely is bad /s

On 2021-01-06 at 1:00 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Greetings Dreamers!

As you may know, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker is coming to an end, and today we are announcing that date as January 24th 2021.

Many of you have braved the trials of Nihil, hunted for clues, taking down those affected by his partial retribution, but there is still time to take the final battle to the Glassmaker himself. You have until January 24th to face this dire threat from the past. When Series 3: Glassmaker ends, there will still be a path to earning the Vitrica! Similar to how Wolf Beacons are available on Baro and the Emissary Boss Fight is available in the Star Chart, we will be returning Nihil’s Oubliette and the ability to acquire the Vitrica to those who missed Series 3: Glassmaker.

When Nightwave Series 3 has concluded, there will be a small pause, and then we shall move into another Nightwave Intermission, this time with some new Challenges, a new Resource to earn, and a track to progress through.

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!
Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

So… what comes next?

Nightwave will be undergoing some construction while Intermission 3 runs. Our goal to have a simultaneous release on all Platforms remains the same, and we will be reworking the pace and scope of Nightwave for 2021.

Does intermission 3 have the Series 3 rewards in it? I'm wondering because I just came back to the game and won't be able to finish in time and I was really trying to get the shoulder pieces and ship.

On 2021-01-07 at 6:21 PM, Katinka said:

Are you perhaps thinking of Lavos' Cordatus Helmet?  If Father really sells Xaku's Kintsu Helmet then please show me where because I'm not seeing it.

damn so sorry you are right

On 2021-01-06 at 7:00 PM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

When Nightwave Series 3 has concluded, there will be a small pause, and then we shall move into another Nightwave Intermission, this time with some new Challenges, a new Resource to earn, and a track to progress through.

Oh goodie !! Yet another NEW resource that does nothing beyond this minor 'event'.  I love how DE can't be bothered to simply pull form the existing 99,999 other resources already available and simply make the process a little complciated to achieve instead.

AND BY THE WAY -- Glassmaker dragged on waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.  Especially the delay for Part 5. It didn't matter whether the pandemic broke out or DE switched directions and dumped Deimos / Necramechs > (Ophix Venom) in the middle -- I am so tired of the Glassmaker enemies constantly spawning at this point or having to deal with it at all. At least with Orphix Venom we never had to interactr with it if we chose not to. How Oprhix Venom was presented to the comunity for a month is how any short term features/events should be presented instead of ramming Nighwave down everyone's throat constantly.

ALL of the Nightwave stuff moving forward needs an option to OPT OUT (Preferably OPT IN) and for those that are done with it or don;t want to be bothered by it don't have to interact with it at all. But when focused on something like Animal Captures and Glassmaker crap constantly spawning on top of you or in a Spy missions and forcing the the alarms to go off -- LOVED THAT BY THE WAY.

Should ALSO be able to CANCEL or QUIT Kuva Lich acquisitions. Can't get rid of it if you inadvertently mercy kill a Larvaling.

Shoudl be able to OPT IN/OPT OUT to any future events/features like Nightwave/Kuva Lich instead of having them forced on us whether we want them or not.

Glassmaker proves exactly why Nightwave is a bad tradeoff for the previous Secondary Mission rewards.

On 2021-01-06 at 7:10 PM, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Hopefully you guys include everything from nightwave series 1 &2 In upcoming intermission for those like me who started in July 2020 or shortly after nightwave intermission ended..

I really want that Eledlon Emphera from series 1 & the wolf armor...

I don't mind if I have to grind to level 60 to obtain everything from series 1 & 2 Atleast it will give me an incentive to grind to 60+! 

I suppose you also would like a Founder's pack or 2 since you missed those ?  The Galatine RPime hasn't been available since before you started playing; maybe DE should put that to the front of the list since you missed it as well.

Nightwave will be undergoing some construction while Intermission 3 runs. Our goal to have a simultaneous release on all Platforms remains the same, and we will be reworking the pace and scope of Nightwave for 2021.

READ: PC version si complete -- delay on getting to various platforms due to numerous hurdles invovled. Sorry DE but this is going to dent your userbase in the long run; continuously dragging out delays to accommodate stuff out of your contrrol or continuously prolonging an event (Glassmaker) until players are so annoyed and tired of it that they stop playing. DE biting off more than it can chew more and more.

As you may know, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker is coming to an end, and today we are announcing that date as January 24th 2021.

Do the event remain through the entirety of 1-24-2021 at 23.59 (end Sunday Night) or does the event stop/disappear at 0.00 on 1-24-2021 (End Saturday Night) ? Or maybe 12Noon or 14.16 or some other random and seemingly arbitrary time ? Or is it going to crap out at the Reset Time -- 19.00/20.00 ?

It Would Be Nice to Have a Time on 1-24-2021 so that players could finish up and have time to turn in their credits for any last minute rewards !!  Or maybe DE just prefers the "Surpise !! You Ran Out of Time and Can't Exchange the Credits You Just Collected for Items; Sucks To Be You" approach.

-- You Even Currently Have a Message in the Last 48 Hours of NIghtwave that there will be a Refresh at the Normal Weekly Time. on Sundday. Awesome.
-- Community Managers REALLY should pay more attention to issues like this within the game.

You Have Timer on the Razorback and the Thermia Fractures Events.  You Had a Timer on the Orphix Venom Event.  You Have Timers on the Planet Cycles for the Open Worlds.

One More Timer Was a Bit Too Much ?

Somehow there must have been a problem with the news notification when playing in German (not sure about other languages).

The entry on the news board appeared yesterday... 2 days before the Season ends 😐
I only noticed it because I'm using the Warframe app every day and wondered about the new news entry yesterday (that was dated 16 days back).

Someone on Reddit reported the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/l35cyj/nightwave_is_going_to_end_soon_spend_your/gkc0ycx/

On 2021-01-20 at 11:27 AM, --Q--FSK41 said:

Yes Exclusivity is the worst thing in a game, people who have something you dont have because they started playing sometimes year earlier is something that definitely is bad /s

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, or if you're being serious.

Let me elaborate.  Do you play this game on Steam?  Well, if you do then you might have rubedo skins.  That isn't a failure to type, it was a single limited time Steam event that gave out skins.  You can check the Steam marketplace if you don't believe I'm on the level here.

Likewise Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo consoles have specific skins that are only accessible to them....and were also limited time events.

Moving on from platform exclusivity, let's talk about the market exclusivity.  Yes, market.  There's a relatively unique build specifically for china....with exclusive items.

Going back to events, let's look at that.  If you download on the Epic store you can get unique Unreal Tournament style skins.  That not good enough?  There's specific cosmetics for the Mixer, Twitch, and other partner cross-promotion events.  Yep....don't have access to those.

Let's overlook the content lock from Prime Access....because the pricing there is literally a barrier to entry.  Let's also overlook the normal unvaultings.  What we're left with is literally the genesis of this game; Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime.  I'll just stop here, though I'd like to momentarily state that event exclusive cosmetics are abound.

So with all of the above listed, are you being sarcastic?  I cannot tell, but had to ask with framing.  Warframe is a game composed almost entirely of locked cosmetics, with a bit of interconnective game.  If you don't want to believe me, explain the simple bits.  Why are color pallets a paid for item?  Why do color pallets cost almost 4x as much as a warframe slot?  Why is tennogen a thing that cannot be bought with platinum on the PC?  Finally, why is there enough frustration in the community with duplicates that the third intermission required DE to actually address the useless duplicates?

I won't wait for answers, so consider this rhetorical.  My point should be obvious that this is a response to a tailspin of negativity.  It's not new, it's just reached a point of critical mass where DE cannot simply ignore it, or promise the next big thing, like before.  While these are only baby steps....it is at least encouraging.  That said, giving them huge credit is not a rational response.

Honestly I'm worried about Intermission #3. Intermission #1 lasted three weeks, Intermission #2 lasted almost six months. I'm afraid the next Intermission will last until 2022!

Nightwave was originally intended to replace alerts, but alerts were fine (mostly) because (afaik) DE didn't need to conduct any maintenance work. But these fancy Nightwave stories are using DE's content-creating-juices. I think a text based story for Nightwave would be fine, if it would allow the team more time to deliver TennoCon level content.

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Honestly I'm worried about Intermission #3. Intermission #1 lasted three weeks, Intermission #2 lasted almost six months. I'm afraid the next Intermission will last until 2022!

Nightwave was originally intended to replace alerts, but alerts were fine (mostly) because (afaik) DE didn't need to conduct any maintenance work. But these fancy Nightwave stories are using DE's content-creating-juices. I think a text based story for Nightwave would be fine, if it would allow the team more time to deliver TennoCon level content.

I appreciate your concern with this. At least you won't be hearing "Hold up" at the least opportune times! :P

Bit late to the commnts but honestly, I'm so over nightwaves now (couldn't even be bothered with the finale)... it as an 'ok' idea but it's been so poorly executed/managed (not all down to lockdowns) that it just isn't really suited to warframe imo, we need something half way house between nightwaves and alerts (imo something lik a longer duration mini challenge alert for a specific item).

Also got to love this bit in the announcement about a "a new Resource to earn"...  yep got to love ANOTHER new resource instead of using all those stockpiles of resources we never get to use....

20 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Checking back, let's frame this discussion.  There was supposed to be a three part NIghtwave event, and it would replace the alert system because "it was an out dated relic."  Not my choice of words.

Cue the first season, with the Wolf of Saturn Six.  It dragged on a bit longer than intended by the initial timeline....but it was a thing.  We then got a couple of weeks off...and instead of part two it was an intermission.  Not a good look.  Stuff was recycled, and this was the first sign that this was not going to be as advertised...before this those of us apprehensive of DE doing regular content were simply negative.

The intermission lasted a long time....but then season 2 came out.  It was....interesting.  Same exact setup as the previous season...but now there was an event that could get you derelict keys.  Those keys could be burned to get the prelate fight.  The fight had chances to drop bits of a weapon.  Oh goody.  A time locked event, dropping RNG bits to put together a weapon.  It's pretty much exactly the same frustration as the Wolf.  The "story" as it is was told through a bunch of cut scenes...which is about minimum effort for keeping this thing together.  That season ended mercifully, and we rolled into the longest yet event, intermission 2.  An intermission that lasted longer than the first two actual seasons...

Then came season 3.  It's "story" was driven by an early 90's point and click adventure game....and boy do I now remember why those things could suck the chrome out of the grain boundaries on a piece of stainless steel.  This is not the longest running season....with enemy spawns in mission that effectively are terrible.  Their unique feature is that any melee hit will smash all the glass on them, but a strike with an Ogris at center of mass literally cracks nothing.  Yes, an AoE explosive cracks less glass than a boomerang (the Kestrel).  Boy, it'll be great to finally see this dead.  If the established pattern continues, Tennocon 2021 will still be at home, and they'll announce the next series there with a targeted release of November 2021.

Joking aside, let's understand where the frustration was with alerts.  Most frames have a pair of alternative helmets.  That's about 2*40 or 80 items.  Let's then slide in 15 auras.  Now, Vauban has 3 pieces.  Let's assume an additional 5 skins which are on rotation from the old days.  Dilute further with catalyst/reactors, formas, and Nitain.  Finally, complete dilution with garbo; that is to say resources and credits.  80+15+3+5+3+15 = 121.  Each of these 121 potential rewards now has a window to be rolled, and a mission time.  They are rolled for as little as 20 minutes, and can literally be an hour between potential rolls.  This means if you want the new thing, that brought the list to 122, then you're looking at maybe a potential roll on the item once every week.  Now you're working or going to school, along with sleeping.  That means 24-8-8 = 8 potential hours to play.  That once every week roll is suddenly a once every three week potential earning....assuming infinite time.  Note that RNG works as such that you could get a bad run of luck and not see any chance for 4 weeks, and that could materialize at 1:00 AM local time.

So, the full RNG was decided to be bad.  That's DE saying this....and I'll get back to that.

Let's spend just a few minutes, and postulate a better way.  Longer events with more rewards, but less frequently.  This would be something akin to a 4 hour long event, with 3 cosmetic helmets, but only having 4-5 total per day.  Likewise, we could use a token system.  The rewards for alerts would be based upon level and relative challenge, awarding more tokens or less.  The player then gets to spend these at their leisure.

Let me explain why neither of the above ideas happened, as I can understand it.  Simply buffing the rewards would not do, because people already had a lot of them.  The cosmetics are one-and-done, so they wouldn't be a long term draw, but new users would still want them.  That killed the larger rewards scheme....because apparently throwing in a once monthly catalyst/reactor is something that must be reserved for after a developer stream...

Likewise, the universal token system would make DE have to produce content.  Let me highlight Baro here.  Baro's ducat system is trading in garbage prime parts for tokens, then tokens and credits for something better.  The problem is Baro appears once a fortnight.  This means that every two weeks DE has to put something new out, or people will start to accumulate ducats.  Once you get to sitting on thousands of ducats, there's no need to grind for prime junk.  This is how two weeks into a prime access the cost of everything drops off of a cliff.  

So what does DE do?  Well, universal tokens on an unspecified timer.  Artificial weekly point caps, with a constant grind potential for thousands more by simply staying in the game on a drip feed.  Finally, hiding vital resources behind the NIghtwave, without any shame.  This removes the ability to accumulate tokens....because they're not good forever.  There's no reason to complain about veteran versus newbie status....because the stuff is "always" accessible, behind a semi-transparent grind.  DE has really put the focus here on content that should last a brief period of time....but the actual release schedule is so long that it burns people out.  It also obliterates the benefits of the model, because when you've got 6+ months of time there's no benefit to the insane RNG of the alerts versus the false choice of the nightwave.

TL;DR

Nightwave had potential.  If it was a 10-20 weeks and done per event it'd be great.  It's now looking more like 20-40 weeks.  That's....frustrating.  I would hope that DE could now see that pattern, but will not make a bet on it.  I'm with you in fear that they will release another intermission that lasts longer than the actual events.  Returning to alerts would be nice...but I don't think DE will admit to that, as long as they claim that Nightwave is superior.

Now...do I hope that the next iteration is good?  Not really.  I hope it's short enough to be something we can discuss in 6 months.  Maybe then we'll have something good to share, and season 5 will be better.  I don't care about the bad story, unlinked to anything in the game.  I don't care about the new bosses....because they're largely just there to be a pinata to drop whatever their item is.  I do care about wanting to play warframe....and this isn't doing it.  I think most of the community can agree to that.  If they don't, then explain the participation numbers.

Sigh.  Never thought I'd pine for the days where I got home, booted up, and missed an event by 20 seconds.  Yeah, they sucked.  At the same time, in three weeks I had the reward.  Now it's 30 reward tiers, then grinding for credits for about half a year.

On 2021-01-06 at 1:17 PM, kuryux said:

Rewarding...50 credit....am I missing something here?

Right, wish the would give a choice like 20k kuva or 3 forma, because 10000 rep is a way to go for just 50. It will basically be like get umbra and be done if this is case. Still wish prestige rewards was minimum 25 credits cuz 15 is kinda ehh considering it needs 2 levels just to pick some reward beside nitain.

So did I just loose over 1000 (more like 1400) nightwave credits?  That's total BS I don't read the forums.  There needs to be in game email notifications of things like this.  No that damn little console isn't sufficient.  It's always full of garbage that won't even open correctly. 

Am 23.1.2021 um 20:38 schrieb Beerax:

Somehow there must have been a problem with the news notification when playing in German (not sure about other languages).

The entry on the news board appeared yesterday... 2 days before the Season ends 😐
I only noticed it because I'm using the Warframe app every day and wondered about the new news entry yesterday (that was dated 16 days back).

Someone on Reddit reported the same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/l35cyj/nightwave_is_going_to_end_soon_spend_your/gkc0ycx/

Ha, last time I played the game on the German region there were months worth of news simply not mentiond respectively just skipped. If you want to get informed properly in the game you pretty much have to play on a region that pulls its news from the English section.

You should also check the German console patch note sub forums here if you want to have a laugh (the last patch notes for PSN in German are from October 2017, 21.7.0).

I personally don't mind keeping it in English, but keeping unmaintained and outdated systems for different languages is pretty misleading to those who expect it to be accurate and updated properly in their language since it's, well, there and unless they are used to play everything and navigate online in English they obviously gravitate to what's offered in their native language.

If you can't or don't want to maintain it maybe it should use the same English feed instead so people at least get it properly, timely and fully delivered and can then run it through a translator, check a Youtuber or ask a friend if their own English isn't sufficient. At least they'd know there's something DE wants to tell them at all.

On 2021-01-23 at 1:32 AM, uberfu said:

Should ALSO be able to CANCEL or QUIT Kuva Lich acquisitions. Can't get rid of it if you inadvertently mercy kill a Larvaling.

You can't "inadvertently do that", so there's no need to.

The news console, present at all times in the spot where the player spends 90% of its ship-stay time, told you at all times when Nightwave would have ended. No need for any timer.

Archived