Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Nightwave Season 3 End Date & Intermission Details

[DE]CoreyOnline

hace 3 horas, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 dijo:

Hopefully you guys include everything from nightwave series 1 &2 In upcoming intermission for those like me who started in July 2020 or shortly after nightwave intermission ended..

I really want that Eledlon Emphera from series 1 & the wolf armor...

I don't mind if I have to grind to level 60 to obtain everything from series 1 & 2 Atleast it will give me an incentive to grind to 60+! 

this new nightwave should be arlos story and infested rewards from the NW2 

3 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item

1st plz lower costs for Reactor/catalysts to at least 50credits or less since 75 are unreasinable much for sth u can buy for 20pl on market.

2nd add Formas to the nightwave market plz, also for a reasonable price

Thx

4 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Greetings Dreamers!

As you may know, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker is coming to an end, and today we are announcing that date as January 24th 2021.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you added too many bonus ranks!

I've hit every task possible and killed a fair amount of Glassed enemies and I'm not on track to cap out within the next two weeks of tasks.

So now I have to malinger around in missions for as much time as humanly possible to scrape together tens of thousands of standing for the missing ranks, 150 at a time? While also not playing the remainder of the event, which is invalid?

My completionism, man. You've cut me deep.

11 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you added too many bonus ranks!

They can't please everyone.  They either set a reachable cap and leave players like me complaining that we have nothing to do and we're wasting our effort. or they set a cap so high that players like you complain that they can't finish it.  Personally, I prefer it this way.  I'm at 162 I think and I'll just be banking a few potatoes and nitain with whatever cred I earn the rest of the way.  Hopefully I can finish my helmet collection in the intermission cycle (assuming the new ones are added to the rotation).

O nice NW finally ending. So were having a 2 week break before the intermission then a 6 month one? that sound nice and exciting(sarcasm). DE Should you have ad enough time to design and implement a new one? NW is going exactly how i thought it would go. each one longer than the previous one but the length of glass maker is even longer than i thought it would be. If i have learned one thing DE cant finish things. DE couldn't keep the sortie loot table updated and changed it to a evergreen one after a few months and that a loot table not a full story.

Were is the 3de orb? How long will it take for crew in RJ or even more missions? How long for the corpus, infested liches?  Fortuna needs more missions most of it doesnt have bounties in the area. Were is more event on Fortuna and POE. Were is the promised missions unique missions in the caves? The arcwing reworks are we even still getting those? Its  just a few things i can think of and im sure there is a lot more.

Next step after having 1-2 NW per faction. full reruns instead of intermissions.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

They can't please everyone.  They either set a reachable cap and leave players like me complaining that we have nothing to do and we're wasting our effort. or they set a cap so high that players like you complain that they can't finish it.  Personally, I prefer it this way.  I'm at 162 I think and I'll just be banking a few potatoes and nitain with whatever cred I earn the rest of the way.  Hopefully I can finish my helmet collection in the intermission cycle (assuming the new ones are added to the rotation).

Jesus christ, how many Glass bois have you been farming? That's ridiculous. Extra rep from pseudo-random spawns should not dictate that many stretch ranks past the actual activities.

So there's physically no way for me to complete this Season despite doing everything, just because I didn't happen to dither around in missions for hundreds of hours just to wait for Glass. Magical.

5 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Jesus christ, how many Glass bois have you been farming? That's ridiculous. Extra rep from pseudo-random spawns should not dictate that many stretch ranks past the actual activities.

I haven't hit the latest cap, but I did hit the cap at 60 or 90 and had to wait a couple weeks not knowing whether I should keep farming tasks to auto-complete tiers that would be unlocked in the future, or whether I had wasted a bunch of time doing tasks I wouldn't have done if I'd known the cap was where it was.  I haven't even done all the tasks - no tridolons or OV conservation for me, so I'm at least 30,000 points behind someone who has done everything.  Believe me, I have NOT been farming glass fissures.

My point was more that they designed this in a way that is just going to frustrate you.  Would it help if you just imagined that there is no cap and that you can prestige infinitely?

5 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Greetings Dreamers!

As you may know, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker is coming to an end, and today we are announcing that date as January 24th 2021.

Many of you have braved the trials of Nihil, hunted for clues, taking down those affected by his partial retribution, but there is still time to take the final battle to the Glassmaker himself. You have until January 24th to face this dire threat from the past. When Series 3: Glassmaker ends, there will still be a path to earning the Vitrica! Similar to how Wolf Beacons are available on Baro and the Emissary Boss Fight is available in the Star Chart, we will be returning Nihil’s Oubliette and the ability to acquire the Vitrica to those who missed Series 3: Glassmaker.

When Nightwave Series 3 has concluded, there will be a small pause, and then we shall move into another Nightwave Intermission, this time with some new Challenges, a new Resource to earn, and a track to progress through.

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!
Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

So… what comes next?

Nightwave will be undergoing some construction while Intermission 3 runs. Our goal to have a simultaneous release on all Platforms remains the same, and we will be reworking the pace and scope of Nightwave for 2021.

Well. It’s finally ending right in my birthday. What a coincidence. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

I haven't hit the latest cap, but I did hit the cap at 60 or 90 and had to wait a couple weeks not knowing whether I should keep farming tasks to auto-complete tiers that would be unlocked in the future, or whether I had wasted a bunch of time doing tasks I wouldn't have done if I'd known the cap was where it was.  I haven't even done all the tasks - no tridolons or OV conservation for me, so I'm at least 30,000 points behind someone who has done everything.  Believe me, I have NOT been farming glass fissures.

My point was more that they designed this in a way that is just going to frustrate you.  Would it help if you just imagined that there is no cap and that you can prestige infinitely?

That's still doing tasks, though. The problem is inexorably tying progression to the arbitrary spawns.

It's something like every 25 minutes, right? So, just between me and you there's a difference of some... 830 hours worth of just sitting around in missions at the right (untracked) time not to miss spawns. Not exactly the 'letting players play at their own pace and times' Nightwave was meant to provide compared to alerts. I play daily, do every task, but through missed spawns and simple lack of needless lingering around in-mission I'm not even remotely close?

And no imagining an 'uncapped' prestige doesn't help - I got every prior season and intermission capped, so this is just an ugly black mark that can't be scrubbed off.

Would have been better to just set an achievable cap based on the tasks, and let Glass spawns be a nuisance to ignore, not something you needed to scrounge endlessly for months. Let the entitled chumps complain about their overcap. It's not like they're missing out on anything that way. They just killed some dudes.

5 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Greetings Dreamers!

Many of you have braved the trials of Nihil, hunted for clues, taking down those affected by his partial retribution, but there is still time to take the final battle to the Glassmaker himself. You have until January 24th to face this dire threat from the past. When Series 3: Glassmaker ends, there will still be a path to earning the Vitrica! Similar to how Wolf Beacons are available on Baro and the Emissary Boss Fight is available in the Star Chart, we will be returning Nihil’s Oubliette and the ability to acquire the Vitrica to those who missed Series 3: Glassmaker.

When Nightwave Series 3 has concluded, there will be a small pause, and then we shall move into another Nightwave Intermission, this time with some new Challenges, a new Resource to earn, and a track to progress through.

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!
Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

So… what comes next?

Nightwave will be undergoing some construction while Intermission 3 runs. Our goal to have a simultaneous release on all Platforms remains the same, and we will be reworking the pace and scope of Nightwave for 2021.

Please offer the Glassmaker Sword again at some point. I haven't been able to find the Conduit Weave clue anywhere in the last crime scene anywhere & customer support hasn't helped me at all. It's a geometry error since the item won't pop up through the map itself. That & even then, the map mechanics of the floating platforms, the timers, the limited points & the disapearing platforms along with the memory game have instantly sucked the fun out of this for me. Customer service which in a perfect world should've been able to help me wasn't able to & I highly doubt that the forums would be able to either. So I'm leaving this forum post here as a suggestion. PLEASE, please leave with some other way simple & I mean simple & easier way to get the Glassmaker Sword after Nightwave Series 3 is over. I tried. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Would have been better to just set an achievable cap based on the tasks

Better for someone with your outlook, not mine.  If they had known the final end date, published it and let me work out how many tasks I needed to complete each week to cap out, then yes, that would be fine.  As it was, we were all working in the dark, meaning that I was going to do every task I could stomach in order to not miss out on any crystal cred.  That led to me capping out early and feeling frustrated (though you would have been pleased with the outcome).  When they raised the cap to a level that you or I won't be able to achieve, they frustrate you and satisfy me - because you want to "complete" the event and I don't want to miss out on any cred I could potentially earn while doing things I don't mind doing. 

So the question is, are there more people like you, me, or casuals who will never approach the cap in the first place?

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

Better for someone with your outlook, not mine.  If they had known the final end date, published it and let me work out how many tasks I needed to complete each week to cap out, then yes, that would be fine.  As it was, we were all working in the dark, meaning that I was going to do every task I could stomach in order to not miss out on any crystal cred.  That led to me capping out early and feeling frustrated (though you would have been pleased with the outcome).  When they raised the cap to a level that you or I won't be able to achieve, they frustrate you and satisfy me.  So the question is, are there more people like you, me, or casuals who will never approach the cap in the first place?

What? No, achievable cap based on the tasks involves doing every weekly task and a good portion of dailies (or all of them, in a Nightwave with ancillary spawns for extra reputation to compensate any missed dailies). Going fifty ranks further than the tasks can possibly earn based purely on the ancillary spawns is what I consider inexcusable.

There's a big difference between doing 1-2 hours of specific tasks you 'may not need' per week, and spending a thousand extraneous hours in missions farming Glass enemies you should not need.

Archived