Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Nightwave Season 3 End Date & Intermission Details

[DE]CoreyOnline

3 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

There's a big difference between doing 1-2 hours of specific tasks you 'may not need' per week, and spending a thousand extraneous hours in missions farming Glass enemies you should not need.

I'm absolutely not disagreeing with you about that.  I'm just saying that you have set yourself a goal that is inconsistent with how DE has apparently set the final cap, since they seem to be more responsive to players that complained about getting capped out early than they are to players that are set on "completing" this event.  Anyone that hits the final cap is clearly insane and deserves no sympathy from DE or anyone else.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

I'm absolutely not disagreeing with you about that.  I'm just saying that you have set yourself a goal that is inconsistent with how DE has apparently set the final cap, since they seem to be more responsive to players that complained about getting capped out early than they are to players that are set on "completing" this event.  Anyone that hits the final cap is clearly insane and deserves no sympathy from DE or anyone else.

I'm all for extending the cap, as long as it's based on the actual Nightwave tasks and not something which the player has no control or agency over. I mean, people are complaining about having to wait for Acolyte spawns in the new Steel Essence acquisition design, but even that is far better than Glass farming because it's mission-isolated, not a global timer you can miss out on by pure chance.

What's even more execrable - no offense to you if you weren't one of these - is that I expect a lot of the 'overcapped' players are people who were exploiting Steel Path for hours and hours at a time, and therefore would naturally see a lot of glass spawns while doing their exploitative farms that span several spawning time brackets.

That's a span (at least in PC update time) of July 8th to November 19th, four months and change of degenerate farming time including AFK macros, which adds up to a lot of extra Glass.

I'm currently at rank 165 (of 180). Still got a bit to do this week, and the next two weeks should add another 87000 reputation.

This will leave me at rank 176 with 3000 reputation.

To gather the remaining 37000 reputation needed for rank 180 would require killing 247 glass spawns. At 25 minutes per spawn, this would take around 103 hours of sitting in missions.

Are you sure you thought this through DE?

3 minutes ago, thebigMuh said:

I'm currently at rank 165 (of 180). Still got a bit to do this week, and the next two weeks should add another 87000 reputation.

This will leave me at rank 176 with 3000 reputation.

To gather the remaining 37000 reputation needed for rank 180 would require killing 247 glass spawns. At 25 minutes per spawn, this would take around 103 hours of sitting in missions.

Are you sure you thought this through DE?

It's designed so you can't cap out, because players complained about hitting max rank too fast. This was an inevitable issue with having a rank system at all. There should be no ranks at all. A challenge should directly reward the player with Creds. Seasons also need to go.

This system is unsustainable and was bound to fail since DE announced Season 1 with the Wolf of Saturn Six.

I'm rank 161 and I've just decided not to care because this game doesn't respect your time with the more you put into it.

can you please keep the nightwave for another month i invested alot of money in this game and i want all the prizes from nightwave specially the ship ists not fare you have to give us 2 or 3 months notice not 2 weeks please a lot of people still have to finish it i didnt even know what it was before i dicover it 

9 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

When Nightwave Series 3 has concluded, there will be a small pause, and then we shall move into another Nightwave Intermission, this time with some new Challenges, a new Resource to earn, and a track to progress through.

THANK
GOD

Please, for the love of our sanity and ordis-punning-induced-ptst, introduce and patch in the 'mute nora' button and give us an 'opt out of nightwave mission interruptions once you hit prestige rank' checkbox BEFORE intermisison and next nightwave.

Like, shes cool and all but she overstayed welcome M O N T H S ago. 

like at this point I don't even want an intermission, just bring back six to eight weeks worth of alerts. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, RyAn0099 said:

Was Wolf Beacon ever in Baro inventory?

Nope, they probably meant Nora or something along those lines, always been NW Creds exclusive after Wolf of Saturn Six ended.

Foreshadowing next Baro visit perhaps? Doubt it, but maybe way in the future it will be? Who knows.

8 hours ago, (PSN)BotGuy1234 said:

You forget inaros trying to eat a glass enemy and never actually eating it

I don't play Inaros, so I didn't even know that. But yeah, those things being immune to abilities is an extremely bad design. Just like everything else about the Nightwave in general.

Please make sure changes to cred earnings is within your construction that the system is going to undergo. This season has shown just how bad tying Cred earnings to nightwave ranks is. Players either cap out on ranks and prestige ranks and then complain they cant keep earning more Creds, or players are left unable to hit the cap which leaves some players feeling displeased as they could not complete all the ranks.

One suggestion i see floated from time to time is to tie the earning of creds to the actual nightwave tasks, and not the ranks. In all honesty i think this would relieve both sides of the issue above. everyone could cap out on ranks, but could keep earning Cred. Let players finish their 30 ranks at their own leisure, but let the hardcore players, or those needing more things from the reward shop keep earning creds by simply doing the daily/weekly tasks.

9 hours ago, FallenDisc said:

Rather than intermission giving us old rewards i much rather having nightwave as a continuing quest that every new tenno could experience one after another. Let them experience the story of staurn six, emissary and glassmaker before they get thrown into new things that we currently experience. 

Maybe making this best possible during Nightwave Intermissions. I recommend that progress can be continued by dreaming back. Then only after all Nightwave's storylines have been progressed past maximum Prestige Level, Nightwave Intermission starts/continues. Also, Nightwave Credits should be a timeless currency, even if you simply convert specific Nightwave Series' Credits into this universal format. Be sure to think about uncapped Nightwave Prestige Rewards, or some Tenno will keep taking periodic pauses within their Warframe universe. Know, that the Recovered Nightwave Challenges often require software initialization, in order to be received. That is extremely uncomfortable, especially when Tenno are in Squads as friends. It is very great to redesign Nightwave in these subjects.

Il y a 4 heures, (PSN)chabala a dit :

I appreciate the end date finally being announced.

But what I really wanted was the announcement that Nightwave was unsustainable, no further Nightwaves would happen, and you'd turn alerts back on.

Maybe in a few months you'll be ready for the truth.

Yeah, the main issue was that NW was designed as a replacement for these little random mission challenges, and it sort of works, but someone decided to also use them as a replacement for alerts on top of that, and they've been failing to do so pretty consistently.

4 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I'm all for extending the cap, as long as it's based on the actual Nightwave tasks and not something which the player has no control or agency over. I mean, people are complaining about having to wait for Acolyte spawns in the new Steel Essence acquisition design, but even that is far better than Glass farming because it's mission-isolated, not a global timer you can miss out on by pure chance.

What's even more execrable - no offense to you if you weren't one of these - is that I expect a lot of the 'overcapped' players are people who were exploiting Steel Path for hours and hours at a time, and therefore would naturally see a lot of glass spawns while doing their exploitative farms that span several spawning time brackets.

That's a span (at least in PC update time) of July 8th to November 19th, four months and change of degenerate farming time including AFK macros, which adds up to a lot of extra Glass.

Clearly insane. I can take that. It is what it takes by investing a half life into a universe.

5 hours ago, SafeRoom said:

Please offer the Glassmaker Sword again at some point. I haven't been able to find the Conduit Weave clue anywhere in the last crime scene anywhere & customer support hasn't helped me at all. It's a geometry error since the item won't pop up through the map itself. That & even then, the map mechanics of the floating platforms, the timers, the limited points & the disapearing platforms along with the memory game have instantly sucked the fun out of this for me. Customer service which in a perfect world should've been able to help me wasn't able to & I highly doubt that the forums would be able to either. So I'm leaving this forum post here as a suggestion. PLEASE, please leave with some other way simple & I mean simple & easier way to get the Glassmaker Sword after Nightwave Series 3 is over. I tried. Thank you.

Try using screenshots from fellow Tennos' Crime Scenes depicting Evidences. These have a variety of possible placements within scene. Every Tenno's scene's relative layout is based on fix parameters.

6 hours ago, SafeRoom said:

Please offer the Glassmaker Sword again at some point. I haven't been able to find the Conduit Weave clue anywhere in the last crime scene anywhere & customer support hasn't helped me at all. It's a geometry error since the item won't pop up through the map itself. That & even then, the map mechanics of the floating platforms, the timers, the limited points & the disapearing platforms along with the memory game have instantly sucked the fun out of this for me. Customer service which in a perfect world should've been able to help me wasn't able to & I highly doubt that the forums would be able to either. So I'm leaving this forum post here as a suggestion. PLEASE, please leave with some other way simple & I mean simple & easier way to get the Glassmaker Sword after Nightwave Series 3 is over. I tried. Thank you.

Thats a 'you' issue

9 hours ago, mrgudveseli said:

First of all, good riddance! Don't get me wrong, this season had a pretty good idea in the background, bossfight was just like bossfight is supposed to be, old school, forcing a player to figure out the mechanic, no rivens or other bs - but oh boi am i glad for not being interrupted by glassy bois while sneaking on a unsuspecting grineer scorpion! XD

Second, 50 season creds in place of an owned item - yes, please! Kudos to the idea.

Absolutely! Breaking Stealth due to Nightwave Enemies coming, is unacceptable on dedicated Stealth gameplay. It has then complicated my play style extremely.

7 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you added too many bonus ranks!

I've hit every task possible and killed a fair amount of Glassed enemies and I'm not on track to cap out within the next two weeks of tasks.

So now I have to malinger around in missions for as much time as humanly possible to scrape together tens of thousands of standing for the missing ranks, 150 at a time? While also not playing the remainder of the event, which is invalid?

My completionism, man. You've cut me deep.

That's why it should be unlimited, then you can't possibly reach the max rank ever so you just do how much you want.

Could get rid of enemies that drop NW standing to prevent people from actually gaining insane amounts of levels from bugs/glitches/exploits... or just unhealthy amount of farming xD

Archived