Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update: Nightwave Season 3 End Date & Intermission Details

[DE]CoreyOnline

7 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you added too many bonus ranks!

4 minutes ago, HunterDigi said:

That's why it should be unlimited, then you can't possibly reach the max rank ever so you just do how much you want.

In my opinion, forget unlimited ranks, forget prestige ranks too. just cap it at the basic 30 rewards ranks, but make it so that you earn Creds for each daily/weekly task you complete in an amount similar to the amounts we currently earn. This would solve both problems. Let people cap out, and then farm however much or little they want/need in order to get the creds they want/need in order to get the rewards they want.

8 minutes ago, Dragonah said:

In my opinion, forget unlimited ranks, forget prestige ranks too. just cap it at the basic 30 rewards ranks, but make it so that you earn Creds for each daily/weekly task you complete in an amount similar to the amounts we currently earn. This would solve both problems. Let people cap out, and then farm however much or little they want/need in order to get the creds they want/need in order to get the rewards they want.

That would mean you'd either get less creds than now or more creds if they round up (e.g. daily task of 1000 would give 1.5 creds, could get rounded up to 2 or rounded down to 1).

Alternatively have the slot next to rank 30 be an infinite sign with "15 creds" that you just gain for every 10k standing you do in tasks, without any prestiege ranks or stuff like that (this would be only an UI change as they should still track prestiege ranks internally for avoiding bugs and standing loss from doing lots of tasks in a row without claiming them in UI).

I'm fine with either frankly :}

8 minutes ago, HunterDigi said:

Alternatively have the slot next to rank 30 be an infinite sign with "15 creds" that you just gain for every 10k standing you do in tasks, without any prestiege ranks or stuff like that (this would be only an UI change as they should still track prestiege ranks internally for avoiding bugs and standing loss from doing lots of tasks in a row without claiming them in UI).

That works too, so long as it's not actually tracking a numbered rank past 30, just let it keep tracking the standing an roll back over to zero once you hit 10k and give you some creds for doing it.

9 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you added too many bonus ranks!

I've hit every task possible and killed a fair amount of Glassed enemies and I'm not on track to cap out within the next two weeks of tasks.

So now I have to malinger around in missions for as much time as humanly possible to scrape together tens of thousands of standing for the missing ranks, 150 at a time? While also not playing the remainder of the event, which is invalid?

My completionism, man. You've cut me deep.

Yeah I need 30 more ranks to reach the cap before it ends

8 hours ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

Better for someone with your outlook, not mine.  If they had known the final end date, published it and let me work out how many tasks I needed to complete each week to cap out, then yes, that would be fine.  As it was, we were all working in the dark, meaning that I was going to do every task I could stomach in order to not miss out on any crystal cred.  That led to me capping out early and feeling frustrated (though you would have been pleased with the outcome).  When they raised the cap to a level that you or I won't be able to achieve, they frustrate you and satisfy me - because you want to "complete" the event and I don't want to miss out on any cred I could potentially earn while doing things I don't mind doing. 

So the question is, are there more people like you, me, or casuals who will never approach the cap in the first place?

I agree with him, all competionists will agree, so DE in those last weeks buff the standing from glassed enemies to 1500 instead of 150

13 hours ago, (PSN)Cephalon_Sergio said:

Thanks for removing it... finally. If you don't mind me being honest, this was poor and exhaustive content.

I don't know what a "small pause" means to you but I imagine months according to the timelines you had set in the past.

Make things simple like a 3 month rotation of rewards, autopilot mode, like in other games... don't even bother creating boss fights like the glass dude because it will only disapoint people.

I have moderate hopes for new content in 2021, specially with the pandemic as escape goat for everything.

Even so I love this game and the plot/lore behind it.

"new resource" - I'm scared... I think we have too many already, with more to come if Setient tileset openworld ever happens.

Happy New Year to you all.

every nw season/intermission uses a different cred so thats whats meant by "new resource"

Sounds great. There's one massive issue I've had this entire Nightwave though. Every single week I check to see if either of Protea's alt helmets or Xaku's alt helmet are available, and they never are. Like at all.

I missed Protea's Mavv helmet because it was only the first or second week. Her other helmet has only been in the store once (which was when I got it). Xaku's helmet hasn't been in the store AT ALL.

These helmets need to show up more. I understand not immediately putting new frame's alt helmets in the NW store, but Protea and Xaku have been out for a good time now. Especially Protea. I've also heard that Gauss and Grendel's alt helmets have barely shown up (if at all).

2 hours ago, Dragonah said:

I agree with that idea!

18 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Greetings Dreamers!

As you may know, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker is coming to an end, and today we are announcing that date as January 24th 2021.

Many of you have braved the trials of Nihil, hunted for clues, taking down those affected by his partial retribution, but there is still time to take the final battle to the Glassmaker himself. You have until January 24th to face this dire threat from the past. When Series 3: Glassmaker ends, there will still be a path to earning the Vitrica! Similar to how Wolf Beacons are available on Baro and the Emissary Boss Fight is available in the Star Chart, we will be returning Nihil’s Oubliette and the ability to acquire the Vitrica to those who missed Series 3: Glassmaker.

When Nightwave Series 3 has concluded, there will be a small pause, and then we shall move into another Nightwave Intermission, this time with some new Challenges, a new Resource to earn, and a track to progress through.

DUPLICATE PROTECTION!
Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Nightwave Intermission Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

So… what comes next?

Nightwave will be undergoing some construction while Intermission 3 runs. Our goal to have a simultaneous release on all Platforms remains the same, and we will be reworking the pace and scope of Nightwave for 2021.

Like finally.

18 hours ago, (NSW)Cougarduke said:

Will we still be able to go through past crime scenes/weaves? Would be a waste to remove that forever.

18 hours ago, FallenDisc said:

Rather than intermission giving us old rewards i much rather having nightwave as a continuing quest that every new tenno could experience one after another. Let them experience the story of staurn six, emissary and glassmaker before they get thrown into new things that we currently experience. 

I got back to the game during last intermission and I thought I could replay past stories but was disappointed. Only clips of the story which is no real experience. Total agree they should give the option to replay for past players who want to and new players a chance to experience in any order since they are irrelevant. 

Returned items for those who really don't want to bother with the stories are fine. Along with the 50 credits are great can use towards potatoes. 

Tbh giving this my first story I like it the crime scene stuff, but I enjoyed the intermission 2 teir rewards possibly better. 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

every nw season/intermission uses a different cred so thats whats meant by "new resource"

I’m a newer player so I’m still trying to figure everything out. I’ve been building up those credits in nightwave series 3 because I reached level 30. Will I be able to spend those in intermission or do they disappear when series 3 does and I have to start earning a new type of credit? Just wanna make sure I’m understanding so I don’t mess it up, lol. This will be my first nightwave intermission. Thanks in advance for any help!

Archived