Jump to content

PASSIVES: Some thoughts on them...


Recommended Posts

IDK if these are good, but a few I was thinking on:

  • ATLAS: Any direct-impact damage is reduced, a portion of it being turned around and added to Atlas' armor. The intended effect is somewhat like the effect of Armstrong's nanomachines: 
  • CHROMA: If his wings must be used for a passive, hovering (by aim-glide) or faster aim-glide(?) for him makes more sense (IMO) than a double-jump. Additionally, his Vex Armor could possibly(?) be used as a passive, freeing up a button for a new ability.
  • EMBER (Additional)Landing from a great height (= forces crouch-landing) emits a ring of fire, akin to a flaming Rhino Passive, which would synergize with her primary passive.
  • HYDROID: I've suggested before about Hydroid's Tidal Surge integrated into his roll like Limbo has his Rift-dodge.
  • INAROS: A built-in [Health Conversion], any Health gained overmax of Inaros's health cap from pickups (but not directly from abilities) instead converted to armor (as any further health would be wasted).
  • MAG: Emits a magnetic field that slows machines and metal-clad enemies in her vicinity.
  • MIRAGE: Eclipse as passive.
  • NOVA: Blinks/teleports when 'rolling', replacing her current passive, which makes no sense against her ability set.
  • RHINO: Built-in [Heavy Impact] with addition of Nova's current passive (=shockwave when knocked down).
  • SARYN: Molt as a second (or replacement?) passive, activatated by any dodge/roll.
  • TRINITY: Link.
  • VAUBAN: In-game description of 'Incapacitated' implies even sleeping enemies; wiki description doesn't state such, either way. If it doesn't cover sleeping enemies...maybe it could?
  • ZEPHYR: Maybe limit it to aim-glide, which would make sense, and augment to include any/all aerial maneuvers instead of the other way around.

1) Nezha/Zephyr needing augments to nullify their passives...thoughts on possible limitation of passives, like Zephyr's passive to aim-gliding, rather than requiring an augment to nullify it?

2) Elemental frames reducing elemental damage, or even absorbing it: Cold/Frost, Electric/Volt, Heat/Ember, Toxin/Saryn.

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

IDK if these are good

These are great ideas.

I felt like the Chroma passive change was super lazy. I mean it felt like they were just slapping on a third jump with wing pop-out for a second during the mid-air roll. It didn't really satisfy his supposed fantasy of being a dragon. Now a glide or hover for a short period of time might do the trick but this is such a minor passive compared to some warframes. You could make Vex armor a second part of the passive. It would be a very nice QoL and fantasy fix and like op said:

1 hour ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

freeing up a button for a new ability

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

CHROMA: If his wings must be used for a passive, hovering (by aim-glide) or faster aim-glide(?) for him makes more sense (IMO) than a double-jump. Additionally, his Vex Armor could possibly(?) be used as a passive, freeing up a button for a new ability.

I'd like this idea, but applied to Mirage's Eclipse instead. Along with updating the ability to display the actual damage buff you are getting, this would be EXTREMELY nice for knowing how much lighting you are standing in. Goes without saying, but if Vex Armor or Eclipse became passives, they'd have to be weakened considerably.

 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

ZEPHYR: Maybe limit it to aim-glide, which would make sense, and augment to include any/all aerial maneuvers instead of the other way around.

My suggestion for Zephyr would be to disable the current passive, unless Turbulence is enabled (probably need to make the ability a toggle for QoL), then make the normal passive something similar to Aerial Ace that allows you to refresh your jump while airborne.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:
  •  
  • HYDROID: I've suggested before about Hydroid's Tidal Surge integrated into his roll like Limbo has his Rift-dodge.

Hmm..... yeah.

  •  
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

CHROMA: If his wings must be used for a passive, hovering (by aim-glide) or faster aim-glide(?) for him makes more sense (IMO) than a double-jump. Additionally, his Vex Armor could possibly(?) be used as a

Hover is nice, id even add a few extra jumps to simulate wings flapping

Vex armor is a reach, you can gain so much added defense from being airborne already, i wouldnt try to go much further than this

22 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

HYDROID: I've suggested before about Hydroid's Tidal Surge integrated into his roll like Limbo has his Rift-dodge.

I dont really feel this 1. I mean its definietly better but idk, i still hate the ragdoll that accompanies it but idk what to replace the ragdoll with

Its still better and useful so, id take it

22 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

MIRAGE: Eclipse as passive

Its already become a subsumable ability, need something else

22 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

VAUBAN: In-game description of 'Incapacitated' implies even sleeping enemies; wiki description doesn't state such, either way. If it doesn't cover sleeping enemies...maybe it could?

Why not

22 hours ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

ZEPHYR: Maybe limit it to aim-glide, which would make sense, and augment to include any/all aerial maneuvers instead of the other way around.

I was thinking Zephyr should just gain a lot of different buffs just for being airborne, and have her abilities reworked to aid her in being airbone like getting refreshed aim glide and extra aim glide speed when going through a tornado, the ability to hover when using Turbulance, & Air burst automatically making her jump when airborne.

Applies to teammates as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cococciolo said:

how about changing grendels passive from 50 armor per enemy eaten to 50 hp per second per enemy eaten?

and also atlas having his rubble limit uncapped.

Passives should not rely on abilities. I dare to say Grendel doesn’t have an actual passive, his passive should become a part of feast.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

gimme a augment to disable inaros passives, maybe compensate with like 0.5% health regen then even. 

that siphon is kinda useless.. and yeha if u disable passive u will loose the finisher part. not a big issue that

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-01-08 at 4:55 PM, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Eclipse has already become a subsumable ability, need something else

That's a good point, so I guess the desirable change would be for Eclipse to actually show the damage buff you are getting when taking into account the amount of light/dark you are in, so you can adjust your positioning to maximize your buffs.

I still think Mirage's passive is terrible, so I'll toss out some ideas.

Mirage's abilities gain 20% more strength or efficiency if cast in light or dark respectively.

                                                                     OR

Mirage is cloaked in darkness while crouching/sliding, and is illuminated by light while airborne.

                                                                     OR

Bullet jumping creates a small area of intense darkness, and ground slamming creates a small area of intense light.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cococciolo said:

and also atlas having his rubble limit uncapped.

This wouldn't be a very impactful change considering armor gets diminishing returns, but it'd probably make the Rubble Heap augment way stronger than it needs to be. I'm of the opinion that Atlas has a great passive (the knockdown/stagger immunity, not the Rubble) and doesn't need any changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vex Armor should definitely become a passive, it is already trash tier for defense compared to most defensive skills in the game (I can go into detail behind the maths), it is only ever good for damage and even then there are better frames for that (some of these are also better tanks, like Rhino). So becoming a passive is straight up fair game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always thought that the distinctly elemental frames should be immune to their own status proc in addition to whatever other passive they get.  Ember can't burn, Frost can't be freeze-slowed, Volt can't be electrocuted, and so on.

Edited by garbenzine
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Things like this have been suggested to death, and they're still not even talked about by the dev team. Your ideas are fantastic.

We gave frames like Limbo a full ability on roll, many Warframes could use this treatment to add an ability onto their kit that's more useful than the 1 while also giving them their own flair. Dash and mobility type options should be bound to roll, such as Tidal surge and Slash Dash. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PSN)dday3six said:

Saryn’s Molt has status cleanse, speed boost, aggro draw, and explodes in a toxin cloud. It’s a bit over the top to give her for free just for rolling and dodging. 

It could be a weaker version (e.g. no status cleanes)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-01-10 at 10:32 AM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

This wouldn't be a very impactful change considering armor gets diminishing returns. I'm of the opinion that Atlas has a great passive (the knockdown/stagger immunity, not the Rubble) and doesn't need any changes.

true but that's also the same reason why it shouldn't be capped in the first place, the diminishing returns pretty much self balances.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-01-10 at 6:05 AM, DrivaMain said:

Passives should not rely on abilities. I dare to say Grendel doesn’t have an actual passive, his passive should become a part of feast.

absolutely agree but I was going for minimalist changes for the current passives, I don't know what true passive grendel could use, maybe something like he constantly drools acid and leaves a corrosive trail under him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Grendel has an energy problem when he's trying to get the most of his abilities. Perhaps he could gain a burst of energy whenever his shield is depleted (dunno if it should be a flat amount or a % of the max shield, to open up weird modding choices).

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Grendel has an energy problem when he's trying to get the most of his abilities. Perhaps he could gain a burst of energy whenever his shield is depleted (dunno if it should be a flat amount or a % of the max shield, to open up weird modding choices).

What about slight energy gain when fired upon? It'll be like eating bullets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

What about slight energy gain when fired upon? It'll be like eating bullets.

That's just Rage as a passive, and Grendel is very good at quickly taking enemies out of a fight, which reduces how effective Rage would be. I suggest energy on shield depletion because Grendel has very low shields, meaning he can lose his shields very quickly, even with Adaptation, which means you can consistently make use of your passive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

That's just Rage as a passive, and Grendel is very good at quickly taking enemies out of a fight, which reduces how effective Rage would be. I suggest energy on shield depletion because Grendel has very low shields, meaning he can lose his shields very quickly, even with Adaptation, which means you can consistently make use of your passive.

Not exactly. Without any shield "things" your shield starts to regenerate after few seconds (afair). And his eating habits makes 1/2 of energy depletion mater of seconds.

If I'm not missing something then this method would be very bad for the Grendel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-01-08 at 1:13 AM, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

EMBER (Additional)Landing from a great height (= forces crouch-landing) emits a ring of fire, akin to a flaming Rhino Passive, which would synergize with her primary passive.

Give it 100% Status Chance and I'm in.... Or better yet.... Allow this Passive to be affected by Mods.... I feel like a lot of passives could benefit from that.

On 2021-01-08 at 1:13 AM, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

HYDROID: I've suggested before about Hydroid's Tidal Surge integrated into his roll like Limbo has his Rift-dodge.

You know... This feels like such an obviously good idea I'm surprised this didn't make it into his Rework ,😱...

On 2021-01-08 at 1:13 AM, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

INAROS: A built-in [Health Conversion], any Health gained overmax of Inaros's health cap from pickups (but not directly from abilities) instead converted to armor (as any further health would be wasted).

Hmmmmm.... I honestly don't know how I feel about this because I think everything about Inaros needs to change....

On 2021-01-08 at 1:13 AM, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

MIRAGE: Eclipse as passive.

It's so Simple it's Genius !!! 😁

On 2021-01-08 at 1:13 AM, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

NOVA: Blinks/teleports when 'rolling', replacing her current passive, which makes no sense against her ability set.

LoL... Oh yeah... She farts when she gets knocked down... I always thought that was strange given how well designed the rest of her kit is 😆.

On 2021-01-08 at 1:13 AM, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

SARYN: Molt as a second (or replacement?) passive, activatated by any dodge/roll.

YES 😈 !!!

On 2021-01-08 at 1:13 AM, (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

VAUBAN: In-game description of 'Incapacitated' implies even sleeping enemies; wiki description doesn't state such, either way. If it doesn't cover sleeping enemies...maybe it could?

That's it ? That's all my Boy Booben gets ?😞 Despite the fact that Warframe is leaning towards DPS more and more the last Thing I ever wanted for Booben is to have increased Damage on anything for any reason.... The fact that he has this is the form of Overdriver Grenades is especially annoying since I have to cycle Over that when Alternating between my Vector Pads and Tether Grenades 😞 ....

No... Booben deserves better... Booben Deserves a Passive that Synergizes with MoA's and Sentinals....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...