Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PASSIVES: Some thoughts on them...

(PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

On 2021-01-10 at 8:05 AM, garbenzine said:

I've always thought that the distinctly elemental frames should be immune to their own status proc in addition to whatever other passive they get.  Ember can't burn, Frost can't be freeze-slowed, Volt can't be electrocuted, and so on.

I made that joke once before, about Saryn mixing poisons...and managing to self-inflict.

On another note, something like this might be cool for Volt's melees: https://youtu.be/DaPJuteodfs?t=117

I REALLY enjoyed playing Zephyr while I was leveling for Helminth.  Not because of any abilities, but mostly her passive was super enjoyable.

IMO, Zephyr's passive is the reason the frame is fun.  She doesn't need a mod to disable her passive, because her passive is preferable to 15% ability strength.

(at least to me)

On 2021-01-12 at 9:33 PM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Grendel has an energy problem when he's trying to get the most of his abilities. Perhaps he could gain a burst of energy whenever his shield is depleted (dunno if it should be a flat amount or a % of the max shield, to open up weird modding choices).

How about something like this:

When an enemy dies from just being digested in his belly (i.e. not used for his abilities) the energy expended from keeping them in is refunded plus a small bonus. They've digested after all - that's literally what digestion is for, recovering the body's energy supply. If they're used for powers, however, the energy expended in the process is gone, no matter how much it was. The bonus is not supported by Nourish energy. His existing armour passive might need to get nerfed to compensate of course.

It's an element of choice. Do you use the enemies you've consumed to fuel your abilities, or recharge between fights?

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

When an enemy dies from just being digested in his belly (i.e. not used for his abilities) the energy expended from keeping them in is refunded plus a small bonus. They've digested after all - that's literally what digestion is for, recovering the body's energy supply. If they're used for powers, however, the energy expended in the process is gone, no matter how much it was. The bonus is not supported by Nourish energy. His existing armour passive might need to get nerfed to compensate of course.

This seems like something to add to his Pulverize, since you have to actively try to digest enemies, and since Nourish is bad for that at higher levels, we have the same issue with the current passive where it's tied to a single ability. Passive should be energy related for sure, but it needs to be an actual passive ability, not a side effect of one or two abilities. If it is tied to abilities, it should be three or all of them. Also nerfing the current Glutton passive is a bad idea, considering it isn't that powerful to begin with.

Archived