Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any way we could disable Dragon Keys in the Index?

MontyCulligan

Was farming the Orokin Vault today, then the daily bonus popped up. I had to go feed my cat and start dinner, so when I got back I completely forgot I had dragon keys on. Then I jumped into the Index for the bonus first mission credits and... started to feed the other team, so sadly I had to let them know I had the dragon keys and would be abandoning the match.  Feels terrible. Is there any good reason Dragon Keys can't be disabled at least during the Index?

7 minutes ago, MontyCulligan said:

As much as this sounds like an excuse, with ADHD I sure hope I remember. At least it's very rare that I farm the derelicts anyway. Maybe I need to slap a post it on my monitor.

People really want to nerf themselves in the Index though?

God yes when you reach a certain level where Warframe offers no challenge (it will happen trust me) you look for ways to give yourself a challenge. We can do things like dragon keys, randomisers on steel path missions and taking strange builds and pushing them. Mates and i have been enjoying taking silly builds from Helminth against level 5000+ mobs to see what can happen. 

Although still wish they would give us a way to just set the level up because the time it takes makes it not a common want to do. As to your other point you will make the mistake again im sure of it but eventually it will stick to ya and you will remember. Or you will end up like meh its annoying but let's do this.

53 minutes ago, MontyCulligan said:

Then I jumped into the Index for the bonus first mission credits

From the wiki (emphasis added):

"Additionally, the first mission completed after UTC midnight will have double the Credit reward, also known as the Daily First Win Bonus. This does not work on the Credit caches gained from winning an Index match, nor any bounty or heist in the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis, effectively wasting your first daily win credit bonus."

6 hours ago, MontyCulligan said:

I had to go feed my cat and start dinner, so when I got back I completely forgot I had dragon keys on.

ok, that's fair enough... but that's still on YOU, not the game's fault. if they auto-disabled in certain situations that would be fine, but the idea behind dragon keys is that the player is *supposed* to know what they do and only take them to the Derelict; taking them for added challenge in other missions is another thing.

Personally I would've just hidden on the map so I can't die easily. 3 other players should be able to easily carry the mission, if they can't they're probably biting off more than they can chew in terma of which Index tier to do. You can still do useful things like dash around in operator using magus lockdown etc.

That sounds more like a OP problem than a game problem. I mean, everyone has entered a random mission with dragon keys equipped at least once, but that's the first time I see someone behave like it wasn't their fault. Either way, this kind of automatic conditional disabling of gear is a terrible idea - why would the Index be more deserving of it than some other "special" mission type? Because it has an entrance fee? Other missions have entrance fees as well, some a lot more restrictive than credits. And yet to some players none of these fees are something even worth thinking about. So where do you draw a line? This has about a million ways to go wrong.

11 hours ago, MontyCulligan said:

As much as this sounds like an excuse, with ADHD I sure hope I remember.

You bet it does

11 hours ago, MontyCulligan said:

As much as this sounds like an excuse, with ADHD I sure hope I remember. At least it's very rare that I farm the derelicts anyway. Maybe I need to slap a post it on my monitor.

People really want to nerf themselves in the Index though?

You know... I find really hard to feel sympathy for someone who doesnt mention their health problems as a justification at the beginning, but then uses it as an excuse, like a "Oh you disagree with me?! I now flip you my *insert health problem that would make the other person feel bad* card!", like its a shield.

Makes it hard to believe you actually have that. So, yeah, sounds A LOT like an excuse.

Archived