Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too old to play Warframe?

(PSN)GrandpaNISHER808

Question

Well old doesnt say that  u cant play games tho.the only thing you need to do is to be player friendly and cooperative i have that feeling sometimes too 

Feeling that makes you feels just want to left the game because of your difference with everyone

That feeling just sucks so forget bout that and dont make it insurmountable for you

10 hours ago, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I started playing back in November and really enjoy Warframe!

Then your "problem" isn't age, it is experience.

I am MR 30 now but when i started playing i considered it to be a victory when i was in a group of other players that i reached the extraction point before the timer reached 0! Needless to say that i only grouped when i could not do a mission otherwise because at least having a kill would be nice as well :)

hace 11 horas, (XBOX)Oussii dijo:

i am 59, been playing warframe since 5 years and reached already MR30.

and i am planning to teach it to my grand kid soon, he is 2 years old XD

Maybe 2 years old is a little bit young. Better 2 years old and 1 day ;)

hace 11 horas, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 dijo:

Thanks for the encouragement. I started playing back in November and really enjoy Warframe!

I'm young but I needed some months (around 6) or maybe 1 year to understand enough about the game.

Maybe It would be nice that you find a group of people that enjoy the game the same way as you; so you can avoid random people that annoys the rest of the players when they doesn't play as they like (for example, people that thinks that meta-game is the only way to play)

If you enjoy the game, that is enough to play It :) .

you can never be too old. i wouldnt worry too much about not contributing, as long as you try no one really cares. also most people in the warframe community are so nice and helpful. i play with people who are older than me and they dont mind if i cant contribute, but as you level up and play more and more and learn more about the game you will start become as good as them. so basically just have fun and dont be embarrassed, no one really knows how old you are anyways and most people arent toxic so you shouldnt be worried. (and if you play on PC hit me up i will be glad to help you play and learn the game)

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

my only contribution is that i'm of the opinion that what ends up feeling like a hurdle to older people is that our Brains become less capable of compensating and filling in the blanks later on.
and as such, it's my professional opinion that fast Displays and coinciding high Framerates is more important for us as we age, so that what is on the Display is closer to what is actually happening and thusly so that the Brain doesn't have to compensate as much for what's there.

this is a really good point .. now if I could stop that cup holder in the front of my computer closing I'd be happy :)

Hello Tenno

I am 4 months away from 70. I've been playing Warframe for almost a year now. As others have said, I love it. Don't worry what others may think of you. There are a lot of good folks in the game to hook up with. Or you could even play solo as you develop your skills.

The Key to Warframe: Practice, Practice, Practice!

On 2021-01-08 at 9:49 AM, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

I’m 69 years old and feel a little embarrassed to play with public group squads. My grandkids run circles around me but it’s cool to watch. However I feel like I don’t contribute much in a strike. Are the other older players out there playing Warframe? Just curious.

I specifically chose gaming as a hobby because i want to do it as long as i live.

I was huge into sports when i was a teenager. But i quickly realized that I won't be able to do it forever. Also, finding a team would only be increasingly difficult as i grow older.

But gaming is a hobby that accepts EVERYONE. Nerds, geeks, skinny, fat, short, tall, young, old... Everyone can be heroes in gaming.

That's also why i always find gamers who insults other gamers are hilarious. Gaming has accepted them despite their weaknesses, but they show zero gratitude by not accepting others.

You rock on, grandpa! Warframe is not a game that heavily relies on reflexes and physical coordination. You will soon learn how to build your warframes and become a much better player. May you have a happy and healthy life!

It is a (quite common) misconception that "gamers" are "young" (and that they are male). While it depends a bit on what you classify as "gaming", there are some statistical surprises when you look at "gamer" data.

The age composition in such studies is usually classed into four groups: "kids & teens" (up to 18/20 yrs), "young" (approx. 20-35 yrs), "middle-age" (35-50 yrs) and "older" (50+). While national statistics differ a bit, there are some general trends (for Europe & the US, where most studies are made):

• The "50+"-group is now about as large as the "kids & teen"-group. No sh*t, Sherlock! 🙂
  • The "middle-age"-group (35-50) is growing faster than the others (and is about 50% larger than the "teens" & the "50+", respectively).
  • "Young people" (20-35 years) is still the biggest group, but only about double when compared to "teens" and "50+" (respectively).
  • The male-female ratio is close to 50-50.

So the idea that "the typical gamer" is a 16-year old male (nerd) is totally wrong.

The mean age of "gamers" also varies between countries, but correlates with the overall "digitalization" level. For instance, in continental Europe the mean age of gamers is 31 years, but in Scandinavia (where digitalization is a bit further along) it is 42 years. Since the trends are quite stable and almost every country on Earth is moving towards "more digitalization" it follows that the mean age will increase further.

Now these are just basic stats and there is a lot more data, but the game industry as a whole is of course following all of this closely. How much money we "gamers" are spending on gaming is influenced not only by the quality of the games, but also by how much time and money we have. Gamers are also less and less influenced by hype (though hype can still be effective utilizing social media), technology is no longer a "problem" (good gaming computers are not that expensive and platforms are quite stable), gamers put more and more focus on "playing with friends" (incl. kids & spouses), internet is available "anywhere" and gaming is becoming more and more societally acceptable (moving more and more from a "waste of time"- to a "meaningful"-category).

So, you can't really be "too old" for Warframe. And not only that, the mean age of Tennos will probably continue to rise. 🙂

Incidentally, DE & Warframe is of interest to the "game industry", as are all games with a large number of dedicated players. This is in part due to a specific interest in an emerging "gaming behaviour", where gamers seems to prefer staying with products and genres as long as they deliver. At the same time there is an increasing "abhorrence" to getting "ripped off" and conflicting needs for "enough complexity to be interesting" and "easy enough to get into". Since it now seems clear that gamers will never stop gaming (20 years ago everyone saw "computer gaming" as a personal "phase", often connected to adolescence) and existing generations will play games "from the cradle to the grave", the question of how you retain your customers is now very, very, very interesting to the industry. 

my only contribution is that i'm of the opinion that what ends up feeling like a hurdle to older people is that our Brains become less capable of compensating and filling in the blanks later on.
and as such, it's my professional opinion that fast Displays and coinciding high Framerates is more important for us as we age, so that what is on the Display is closer to what is actually happening and thusly so that the Brain doesn't have to compensate as much for what's there.

On 2021-01-07 at 8:49 PM, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

I’m 69 years old and feel a little embarrassed to play with public group squads. My grandkids run circles around me but it’s cool to watch. However I feel like I don’t contribute much in a strike. Are the other older players out there playing Warframe? Just curious.

What?!
That's EPIC.

Elder Space Ninja?

I guess "Space Mom" looks up to YOU, eh?

Enjoy the game!

I'm nowhere near your age, 33 almost here. But my two other clan mates are late 40's mid 50's. While we only usually play with one another only they are fairly decent themselves in playing. I wouldn't say you're ever too old to play the game.

as long as you are physically able to press the buttons then no you cannot be too old to play. there are all kinds of things to do for all kinds of players. and personally, I don't care too much about doing the best in the team, I just play how I want and enjoy my own efforts.

On 2021-01-08 at 4:49 AM, (PSN)GrandpaNISHER808 said:

I've resolved this by playing support. Wisp, Trinity or others are always appreciated and you are not expected to dish out a lot of dps due to your role. 

Archived