Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Addition To The Utility Of The Loki Warframe

Hayden11121

Hi there, I'm Hayden, I like Loki, but... he's lacking.

He's turned into a Trinity pre buff. Here, you can have god mode, but you're very... situational, outside of that.

So, before we begin, I am going to say this and let you interpret it how you want.

Since Loki is for "advanced" players, his abilities should NOT be a "Cast and Forget" frame. His abilities should be able to help each other out, or be utilized in many ways, such as how Decoy and Switch Teleport interact with each other. This allows more advanced players to show through, while letting average players stay a helping force.

Decoy: Mainly too weak in any and all situations. Would rather just use Invisibility or Radial Disarm.

A) Make Decoy take a certain amount of hits. About 5/10/15. Damage doesn't matter. This means Grineer can hitscan very easily, but if you Radial Disarm them, your Decoy becomes exponentially more effective.

B) Make Decoys spammable. This way you can use Decoy wall offs, spam Decoys like scratching posts on Infested missions, and put up ALOT to take damage, but keep their health and HP the same. Don't want this to be too OP!

Invisibility:  Due to the cast and forget nature, I feel Invisibility isn't really anything more then the "Oh Crap" button.

A) Remove power duration and make it your average "Cloak", you lose energy over time, power duration and streamline both affect this.

B) Allow Invisibility to be cast on one person at a time, and be toggleable. So, if you're in a struggle, you can use Invisiblity, but if your teammate is much more squishy, such as a new Excalibur joining your survival, you can give him help too. This also helps Rhino users love their melee weapons even more. But please, no background/ noise change for allies.

Switch Teleport: An ability that in it's prime was only mildly useful.
A) Switch Teleport takes any agro you had, and puts it on your target. *Vice versa for allies* This allows that heavy gunner focus firing on you to accidently kill their grineer ally. *Refer to Lech Kril video when Loki is being swung at* But if you use it on an ally, they are aiming at you now, which isn't a problem as long as you're invisible. Making a combo of these 2 abilities effectively deadly or life saving.

B) Allow yourself to choose between Teleport and Switch Teleport.

C) Allow yourself, once again, to use this on knocked down allies, or those who are performing a function. This allowed a lot more lifesaving. Allow it to once again, target allies that are invisible and/ or downed. *Basically revert it*

Radial Disarm: An Ability useful to you alone.

A) Make the enemies deal less damage. That Heavy Gunner and her giant Prova is dealing 800+ damage a hit, easily. That's like a giant charger with more armor running at you. Scary stuff man.

B) Make it "backfire" on the enemies. Make them reload only to have their gun explode on them, staggering them. This gives a better animation then "Stand up straight with prova in hand, run at Tenno" that we have now. This also allows some stagger, and gives teammates time to react.

Overall, I like Loki, but I have felt fairly useless due to all the new mods that make me weak in comparison.

I disagree with the invisibility. I feel it is fine as it is. Invisibility's click and forget nature can be remedied if they made the other abilities synergize better.

That being said, I like having decoy taking a certain number of hits rather than damage. Spamming multiple decoy sounds too.. trollish as you can not shoot through them. I can see this unintentionally (or intentionally depending on your motifs) blocking out other players from firing.

Idea A of Switch teleport sounds great, and that is how Switch Teleport SHOULD work. In fact, it was because of the trailer with Lech Kril did I choose Loki, only to sadly be disappointed.

I hate to disagree with you on Radial Disarm, but I disagree. I think Radial disarm should not make guns explode. Instead make the enemies "confused" for some seconds. For instance, guns don't immediately vaporize, instead they make soft clicking noises like it is jammed. For a few seconds, they investigate the gun, effectively stunning them, then dropping the gun and resorting to their factions melee weapon: Corpus use Provas, Grineers use their ol' fashion fist like they did before, and Corrupted probably use Prova, because they are awesome.

on the decoy thing. your system would make the decoy take several rockets to the face, but would fall quickly to a rapid fire pea shooter.

EPIC FAIL!!!!

Or... take the equal amount of hits to the enemies that are radially disarmed.

And the rockets in this game do have an DoT... so Decoy would still die.

using decoy and radial disarm would only be usefull for high level lokis, because in the early game, you don´t have a lot of energy, and using 100 energy for radial disarm and then 25 for decoy leaves you with very little energy.

decoy: decoy should just affect enemies for some time, until they realise that it´s just a decoy, then the decoy loses all agro. in that moment, you swith teleport it, and you get 0 aggro and the decoy takes the aggro you had. it should not be destroyable, it´s a decoy, it has no physical form.

invisibility: a little detail with invisibility. if you have flow, you could use it for a long, long time. maybe it should use some initial energy, and then drain more energy for every second it is on. but im not sure if i like that idea overall

switch teleport: perfect as you said

radial disar,: again, perfect as you said.

Edited by lautalocos

Yeah I don't really like the Decoy taking a set number of hits idea. Pretty much any situation would make it die in about three seconds to any Grineer, Corpus, or Corrupted, and even Infested hit quickly enough that anything other than runners would obliterate it in no time. Keep in mind that there is no point when you want to use Loki's abilities while only facing a single enemy, excepting bosses, and of these probably only J-3 or Kela hit slowly enough that casting a Decoy would be worth it.

I don't really see a difference between the current invisibility and your idea, excepting casting it on other people. That could be interesting, if Loki wasn't the most fragile frame while visible. Nobody else who belongs in a mission difficult enough to merit coordinated strategies would be more fragile than Loki, and thus he would then be the only person worth casting it on.

I agree with everything about Switch Teleport. In its current state, its only real use is to trap certain bosses, mess with your cell, or combo with decoy for movement, and it needs to actually be useful enough that you would want to bring it to T3 voids.

Radial Disarm needs to disable Ancient and crawler abilities, in my opinion. I would be fine with it making melee damage less as well, but I definitely don't think that it should directly deal damage. That wouldn't be in line with Loki's theme.

Switch Teleport: An ability that in it's prime was only mildly useful.

A) Switch Teleport takes any agro you had, and puts it on your target. *Vice versa for allies* This allows that heavy gunner focus firing on you to accidently kill their grineer ally. *Refer to Lech Kril video when Loki is being swung at* But if you use it on an ally, they are aiming at you now, which isn't a problem as long as you're invisible. Making a combo of these 2 abilities effectively deadly or life saving.

B) Allow yourself to choose between Teleport and Switch Teleport.

C) Allow yourself, once again, to use this on knocked down allies, or those who are performing a function. This allowed a lot more lifesaving. Allow it to once again, target allies that are invisible and/ or downed. *Basically revert it*

Radial Disarm: An Ability useful to you alone.

A) Make the enemies deal less damage. That Heavy Gunner and her giant Prova is dealing 800+ damage a hit, easily. That's like a giant charger with more armor running at you. Scary stuff man.

B) Make it "backfire" on the enemies. Make them reload only to have their gun explode on them, staggering them. This gives a better animation then "Stand up straight with prova in hand, run at Tenno" that we have now. This also allows some stagger, and gives teammates time to react.

Overall, I like Loki, but I have felt fairly useless due to all the new mods that make me weak in comparison.

The agro switch teleport idea I've had before, and still love. Got the inspiration from the exact same place!

And Radial Disarm, I thought it should turn friendly fire on, that way wildly swinging grineer end up bashing each other in the head. Combined with your decoy idea would make it extra fun. Although your backfire idea does give him more of a hard CC against foes than a short stagger. 

I can't take credit for this idea, but I once heard a suggestion that the decoy should be immune to projectile damage but not melee attacks, that way it's not completely useless against the Grineer and Corpus, but still not overpowered in tandem with Radial Disarm.

As for the others, I think invisibility is fine as is, but I would definitely like to see an aggro mechanic for Switch Teleport and a damage or armor debuff for Radial Disarm.

i try to catch every one of these "fix loki" threads and offer the same advice:

decoy - each rank increases the hp/shld/armr from the base of the caster loki so the decoy would have 1x/2x/3x/4x the base hps/shld/armr of the caster loki, this allows the loki to add vit/redirect to toughen up the decoy as well as ranking the decoy (also allow focus/power mods to increase decoy stats)

OPTIONAL (possible alternate ability mods in future): decoy explodes upon death doing 1/2/3/4x the dmg recieved in a small radius

invis - no changes

swap teleport - short duration confuse aoe around enemy targets and original location 1/2/3/4 sec stun and 3/4/5/6 sec confuse

radial disarm - remove the dmg to light infested, disarm now debuffs dmg/atkspd/movspd of all enemies hit by 10/20/30/40% permanently (except bosses, 5/10/15/20% and 10/20/30/40 secs), still disarms ranged weapons and also has a % chance to critically disarm enemies causing a weapon malfunction which explodes doing dmg to the targets (10/20/30/40% chance to cause 200/400/600/800 base dmg), this random dmg is not a "press 4 to win" button, but more of a flavorful way to enhance the ability, since it would happen less than 50% of the time (allow the debuffs and dmg to be enhanced by mods, but not the crit chance)

with these changes, decoy is now viable at all levels and scales well, radial disarm is useful against all enemies, and swap teleport has real in-combat functionality (invis really needed no help)