Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V knows how to cure infestation, Alad V can cure the Entrati

Tuxie

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Likely won't happen for the same reason we don't see conflicts within the Grineer and Corpus.

Though the Grey/Mutalist strains have mostly distinct types of infested units. Otherwise I guess the Chargers and Ancients might confuse players... still, the Grey strain Ancients and Chargers have a differentiating pink/purple-ish coloring to them.

5 hours ago, Tuxie said:

Was this plot point forgotten? Alad V managed to cure himself of the infestation using the research from Tyl. He knows the cure, so why don't we make Alad help us cure our Entrati friends?

Because Alad was playing with a Mutalist strain and no, he hasn't actually fully cured himself, hence why his face has valleys running along it.

I think maybe an important consideration here is that the entire Entrati family may have become 'more' than a new body taken through Continuity can handle.  It's worth noting that as infested as they have become, with our help, they remain in control of themselves to a certain extent. No - not enough control they can drive the infestation out, but enough control they have kept their minds intact.  Remember they are Orokin, post human,  I'm going to bet they have genetically drifted from the 'human' standard enough that they differ more from humans than humans do from other apes.  They are probably swimming with nano-tech in them that constantly works to hold the infestation at bay, and may also work against other nano-tech as well.  (i.e. maybe their own immune system would fight Alad V's cure.)

As far as my main point, about them becoming more than a new host body could handle,  I think (not sure if the lore supports this) that their becoming part of Deimos means that their consciousness may have expanded beyond their own bodies, their awareness and oneness with Deimos may mean they are using infested neurological tissue etc...  

I guess to mix metaphors I'm saying if an original Orokin Brain is the equivalent of a Core i7 CPU, the infestation has provided them with a Core i9, and using continuity to get into another body could be akin to lopping off a part of their consciousness, and that would cause them to run into the question of whether once in the new body - they would still be themselves, or they would be a new being, or if they would just be a broken creature that no longer functions. 

I'd think their solution would lay more along the line of creating a new infested body, along the lines of a warframe - controlled/tame infestation w/ all the necessary bits and bobs to keep their consciousness intact - then using (if possible) continuity to transfer into that. 

Another consideration - they are not the only warped orokin around anymore - there is another - Balas - and HE knows how to create a controlled strain of the infestation - maybe if Balas is ever recovered he could be compelled to work on altering the grey strain to allow it to be shaped into the will of the entrati.

7 hours ago, Tuxie said:

Was this plot point forgotten? Alad V managed to cure himself of the infestation using the research from Tyl. He knows the cure, so why don't we make Alad help us cure our Entrati friends?

Hard to gauge if he could help them since they have a much higher level of mutation going on compared to what he had from being exposed for so long, that aside do we really want this deranged super genius even getting close to the entrati, he only does what he feels will give him an advantage and chance for high profits, chances are he would also try to get the information about the heart and do everything in his power to either tap into it for himself or sell the powers to others or worst case scenario try to destroy the heart and disable the tenno to get a chance to try and get his creepy corpus hands on the operator.

10 hours ago, nslay said:

I think it's time DE added opposing Infested strains to Invasions. I'd really like to have the option to side with the grey strain of the infested.

• Infested (Grey) vs Infested (Mutalist)
  • Infested (Grey) vs Grineer
  • Infested (Grey) vs Corpus

well the infested alredy are fighting other infested ive seen a charger and an anchent attacking the legs one that splits in 2 (and no we just walked into the room so no time for any rad prock or mind control ability) theres a objective where we defend a jugganought so why are the infested attacking this one and when it turns on us the other infested are now friends with it for reasons??? and we do note the fass / vome worms blowing each other up each day / night cycle (infested is a hive mind why are they fighting its like you left arm trying to kill your right arm???)

and to what the thread is about i think curing the infested on the entranti may just kill them as they dont have legs or a lower half anymore so removing the infested may be hazadraus they would need to separate themselves from the infested mass and re grow the parts they have alredy lost (that includes inturnal organs which may or may not be there cant tell from the outside) where as alid V still had all his parts

10 hours ago, nslay said:

I think it's time DE added opposing Infested strains to Invasions. I'd really like to have the option to side with the grey strain of the infested.

• Infested (Grey) vs Infested (Mutalist)
  • Infested (Grey) vs Grineer
  • Infested (Grey) vs Corpus

well the infested alredy are fighting other infested ive seen a charger and an anchent attacking the legs one that splits in 2 (and no we just walked into the room so no time for any rad prock or mind control ability) theres a objective where we defend a jugganought so why are the infested attacking this one and when it turns on us the other infested are now friends with it for reasons??? and we do note the fass / vome worms blowing each other up each day / night cycle (infested is a hive mind why are they fighting its like you left arm trying to kill your right arm???)

and to what the thread is about i think curing the infested on the entranti may just kill them as they dont have legs or a lower half anymore so removing the infested may be hazadraus they would need to separate themselves from the infested mass and re grow the parts they have alredy lost (that includes inturnal organs which may or may not be there cant tell from the outside) where as alid V still had all his parts

13 hours ago, Tuxie said:

Because reasons. DE won't then have infested Orokins in their game, just regular Orokin.

Also, given it's Alad V, he'd probably screw the Entrati over somehow, possibly leaving them as machines or something. It is Alad. Can't trust a snake.

Very optimistic of you to assume DE would care enough about an event-based plot point from what, 6 years ago, to integrate new content with it. Besides, everything story related involving Alad V is a bit of a mess to begin with.

17 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Screw cure, how come the two main factions haven't nuked the whole place from orbit? Leaving a gigantic floating ball of assimilating nanites orbiting around one of your major worlds sounds like a terrible idea.

Because the Entrati maintain the Heart. Nuke Deimos and the Heart, and by extension all things void, stops forever. Not even the Grineer are dumb enough to risk that

2 hours ago, Bryuf said:

Because the Entrati maintain the Heart. Nuke Deimos and the Heart, and by extension all things void, stops forever. Not even the Grineer are dumb enough to risk that

Sure, we know that (EDIT: and only after the quest, my first approach on seeing that place would have been to bring in the Railjack and spend several asteroid fields' worth of resources shelling it with the main cannon and keeping the bits in one place with void holes). Do the Corpus and Grineer?

On 2021-01-08 at 8:21 AM, Loza03 said:

Father has a voiceline (not sure if it's new) that indicates that it's become impossible. Something along the lines of mother thinking that someday they'll just jump into new bodies and fix all of this.

This. Family Dramady/complaining aside, it is suggests a form of true Symbiosis was reached with the native strain of infestation that gives them some very real and powerful advantages on Deimos.

There are hints at beauty and adaptation to nature that differ from the “Gray Strain” (And Mutalist-type that was cracking both Alad’s face and sanity) seeking to take over and dominate everything like a cancer including individuality.

”Curing” the family would almost certainly straight up kill them at this point.

20 hours ago, Bryuf said:

mabey they have tried as during the plauge star event konzu said a ship was broadsided by a boil and it took over the ship leaving it a infested ship floting around eris we dont know how many ships the grineer and corprus have lost to deimos that now they just beem in and out but we fly our landing craft down to the surface so mabey they can beem in further then nuking range (kuva frotress using tectonic rounds can take out a colony in 1 shot but they never said anything about what destroying a moon would take)

22 hours ago, ebrl said:

Very optimistic of you to assume DE would care enough about an event-based plot point from what, 6 years ago, to integrate new content with it. Besides, everything story related involving Alad V is a bit of a mess to begin with.

It'd be optimistic to assume they would make a quest for it. A timed event is very pessimistic outcome, and Alad is perfect example of that)

And about different strains: Alad cured himself with Regor's researches, that originally was meant to fix grineer DNA degradation. So it's either strong enough to fix different kind of things or AladV can develop very different cure from it. However point is whether he would really help and how this will affect the Entrati.

Knowing DE and how nobody wants to rework the Necralisk, I assume the "solution" would be to give the Entrati more control over their own strain by separating them from the larger infested hivemind. Basically, turn them into a sort of Helminth-esque domesticated strain of the Infestation. They would be stuck where they are, but maybe they'd be able to regain some of their memories and their bodies in the process. 

If you'd separate them from the larger hivemind, their shared psyche would be enough to tame the infestation in the Necralisk. 

Archived