Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reasons Why This Event Is The Worst One Yet.

PettiTheYeti

DE: We don't want to force players to grind through this game.

Me: At a fair pace, let's say the event missions are about 5 minutes each. That's almost 8.5 hours worth of in-game time, playing through the exact same mission repeatedly to reach the Tier 3 rewards at 100 missions. How is that not a grind?

DE: We have three tiers of rewards, but you can only receive the rewards from a single side, depending on who you choose. And half of those items are only given if the side you choose actually wins the whole event!

Me: Great. Let's alienate people from most of the rewards because they chose one side over the other, and further alienate more people if they chose the losing side.

DE: These weapons are event exclusives; You will never see them again!

Me: Yeah, right. Like how we weren't going to see the Arid Fear mods again. Or the Sling Stone mods. And then how it was mentioned that previous event weapons may come around in future events, or released in Clantech or for platinum. Or how it was also mentioned that anything we don't achieve in events will just get put in "the vault" for later release.

You know, I was prepared to post about four more reasons why I hate this event, and the staff at DE for thinking up something so ridiculously stupid, but not only would it probably get me banned, I simply can't bring myself to bother typing it all up.

This event is crap. I'm done.

DE: We have three tiers of rewards, but you can only receive the rewards from a single side, depending on who you choose. And half of those items are only given if the side you choose actually wins the whole event!

Me: Great. Let's alienate people from most of the rewards because they chose one side over the other, and further alienate more people if they chose the losing side.

Wrong. If you read the update page you'd see that everyone gets the T2 reward, but which one they get is dictated by the winning side. And the T3 reward is given to you in full if you supported the winning side and in blueprint form if you didn't...

I'll agree the event has been pretty grindy, but at least read up on this stuff before you complain..

1) I'm over 50 runs just going for the battle pays and helping the grineer a couple extra times. I'll probably make it to 100 without even noticing.

2) You get the badge you want for 5 missions, you get a melee weapon for 25 missions, you get a hand cannon for 100 missions. The only things you can't control is what melee weapon you get and what hand cannon you get. You can easily get the potatoed and slotted hand cannon by keeping a 50~50 score until the last moment.

3) Imo event mods should be available to all after a month or so. I doubt DE will ever make vandal and wraith weapons (which are almost all the event weapons) available again, it would go against everything they said about them so far. Why should DE throw away content they worked on instead of releasing it later?

Edited by CubedOobleck

This guy, with his whole six posts here on the forums, calling me a "little S#&$"... He makes me laugh.

Someone get him a bottle of milk and some Looney Toons.

I have 3,500 posts, does this make me more eligible to tell you to stop complaining?

Your elitism attitude with your pessimistic ways aren't helping anyone. Infact, look at the Arid Fear event. That was an Event based on who could kill what first on grineer missions, based entirely on players soloing, with exclusive mods given.

That was the worst event.

This one? This one is fine, if not great.

Please Stop.

You just Mentioned "Exclusive" Mods. Why would they be Exclusive?

At the time of the event, they we dubbed "exclusive" mods, not "early release if you spend all weekend playing" mods. Kind of a big difference in meaning there.

Wrong. If you read the update page you'd see that everyone gets the T2 reward, but which one they get is dictated by the winning side. And the T3 reward is given to you in full if you supported the winning side and in blueprint form if you didn't...

I'll agree the event has been pretty grindy, but at least read up on this stuff before you complain..

Certainly doesn't seem to read that way. If what you say is true, then it's not AS bad as DE worded their event post, but it still isn't all that great either.

My opinion and thoughts:

Gameplay wise, this event has been the most fun so far.  Fighting aside one of the factions is a lot of fun, especially now that the two sides have been 'balanced' a bit (e.g. Naplems no longer spawn, at least when solo).

What makes me sad though is the over-the-top RP that is going on, over-the-top as in using RP as an excuse to bash other players for their choices *looks at the die-hard Grinner supporters in particular*.  Seriously, cut it back a bit guys.  I don't mind some RP going on, but there is a point where it gets to be too much.

What doesn't help is the unbalance in battle rewards at the start: seriously, DE should have thought that through a bit more.  Maybe if the battle rewards were random for each person, the results would have been more interesting, but that may be beyond DE's coding capability.

Oh look, this is a post of a selfish player wanting less grind and the rewards THEY want. I think this might be the first time I have ever seen this, ever. Thank you for this post OP, it was really informative. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Edited by TheSphynx

I recently read a topic that changed it to that, if you say... Fight for corpus and they loose, you will get the Bp of your faction's pistol as well as the Grineer.

Inversely, if they win, you get your faction's supercharged pistol, and the bp for the other faction.

Same with grineer.

Fair, hmm?

My opinion and thoughts:

Gameplay wise, this event has been the most fun so far.  Fighting aside one of the factions is a lot of fun, especially now that the two sides have been 'balanced' a bit (e.g. Naplems no longer spawn, at least when solo).

What makes me sad though is the over-the-top RP that is going on, over-the-top as in using RP as an excuse to bash other players for their choices *looks at the die-hard Grinner supporters in particular*.  Seriously, cut it back a bit guys.  I don't mind some RP going on, but there is a point where it gets to be too much.

What doesn't help is the unbalance in battle rewards at the start: seriously, DE should have thought that through a bit more.  Maybe if the battle rewards were random for each person, the results would have been more interesting, but that may be beyond DE's coding capability.

I can agree that the mechanics behind the event play is interesting, if not confusing (I don't know how many times I emptied a clip into a Shield Lancer before remembering I wasn't attacking Grineer), but at the cost of running the exact same mission every single time? If they had incorporated the same alliance system into the other mission types and each time you ran a mission had a chance to be something different, it would be MUCH better.

Defending the ship locks so that your forces could still funnel through into the assault?

Destroying a power core then fleeing back to your original ship before the enemy's self destructed?

Of course, the elimination we are already doing..

Having to steal information off of ships with a battle going on all around you?

They had potential to make this event absolutely epic, but after the first five or ten missions, it just got dull and repetitive.

Oh look, this is a post of a selfish player wanting less grind and the rewards THEY want. I think this might be the first time I have ever seen this, ever. Thank you for this post OP, it was really informative. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Considering one of the most hotly contested topics on the forums is the issue of endless grinding, and the fact that DE themselves have said in numerous live streams that they wanted to change that, and they are still doing stuff like this event; grinding for at least 8 hours to complete top tier rewards?

I could give a damn about the weapons; but boring gameplay in general will destroy this game. Forcing players to do something for so long will burn them out, and they won't want to play even if the weapons turned Rollers into teddy bears and Moas into Nutella.

Calm yourselves. Please.

A lot of people are understandably dissatisfied with the event (but with a community so large it's really impossible to please everyone due to varying opinions about this and that).

I myself don't like the entire grind aspect of it (getting to 100 missions was tiring and repetitive, and now I'm only running missions if the battle pay is worth it). I agree with some of the points made here; the way the rewards are being handled and the whole choosing sides thing is a bit rough around the edges, the "exclusivity" aspect of the rewards is also something I worry about...

But this thread could have been worded a bit better to try and reduce the community backlash. Tensions are high, I get that, but that's all the more reason to try and take a break to cool off so that you can approach the situation with a cool and level head.

You know, I was prepared to post about four more reasons why I hate this event, and the staff at DE for thinking up something so ridiculously stupid, but not only would it probably get me banned, I simply can't bring myself to bother typing it all up.

If you can post your other reasons/feedback in a cool and level headed manner, without profanity, vulgarity or a disrespectful attitude, you should. Feedback is invaluable for Digital Extremes. At no point would you ever be at risk of being banned, warned or otherwise punished so long as you follow the community rules.

100 missions is just too much. If we had different missions it would be okay, but exterminate over and over is just the worst idea ever ... Please DE make it 50, we have other things to do :D

You know, I'm at seventy missions right now.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd added even just another set of tiles.

Running the mission, one end to another for the seventieth time is so drab.

Even a tiny bit of variation would be good.

8 hours to get top tier rewards... but you get a week (lets say 6 days) to do it...

8 / 6 1.33(repeating)

So yeah, you have to average an hour and a half (roughly) per day playing to get it. That's really not so bad; that being said... they can be done in half that time *anyway* even in open matches.

The other points I don't really care about the exclusivity of mods that were dubbed event exclusive; as far as I know those were always slated for release at some point.

You know, I'm at seventy missions right now.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd added even just another set of tiles.

Running the mission, one end to another for the seventieth time is so drab.

Even a tiny bit of variation would be good.

This too.

I would like to go back to time dedication... it is very dull to run the same exact mission over and over; but I get the feeling that this is just a "from the hip" last min cram-in that is an early attempt at a more re-occuring game element.

I recently read a topic that changed it to that, if you say... Fight for corpus and they loose, you will get the Bp of your faction's pistol as well as the Grineer.

Inversely, if they win, you get your faction's supercharged pistol, and the bp for the other faction.

Same with grineer.

Fair, hmm?

That would be ideal.

Course people would be less persuaded to push for there faction, then again, people wouldn't be supporting both in hopes to switch at the last minute just to get a the better reward.

That would be ideal.

Course people would be less persuaded to push for there faction, then again, people wouldn't be supporting both in hopes to switch at the last minute just to get a the better reward.

A free potato and a free slot would be motivation enough for me to fight for a side.

But I see your point.

It was just a forum topic, and I've not a clue if it was true or not.

8 hours to get top tier rewards... but you get a week (lets say 6 days) to do it...

8 / 6 1.33(repeating)

So yeah, you have to average an hour and a half (roughly) per day playing to get it. That's really not so bad; that being said... they can be done in half that time *anyway* even in open matches.

The other points I don't really care about the exclusivity of mods that were dubbed event exclusive; as far as I know those were always slated for release at some point.

You are also assuming that the week long event implies that you have all seven days with a mission constantly available.

Previous events have said we would have three or five days to finish it, only for all the missions to be completed in two days, and anyone who was planning on using that extra day or two to finish their requirements got screwed over because they had no missions to play.

This was another reason I was going to detail in my OP, just as a speculation of what will end up happening.

Edited by PettiTheYeti

100 missions is just too much. If we had different missions it would be okay, but exterminate over and over is just the worst idea ever ... Please DE make it 50, we have other things to do :D

Meh, matter of opinion and preference.  Extermination is my favorite mission type that I am willing to run, over and over again for things like this.  If it had been defense mission types, I probably would not have even bothered participating.  Hit and miss on other mission types.

This too.

I would like to go back to time dedication... it is very dull to run the same exact mission over and over; but I get the feeling that this is just a "from the hip" last min cram-in that is an early attempt at a more re-occuring game element.

And this is another reason I was going to detail in my OP; That this event feels like it was just thrown together at a breakfast meeting on Wednesday a couple of hours before the update.

"Throw that one mission type we've been working on in there; Make these weapons we were working on the rewards; They have until next Wednesday to complete it. Good? Good."

Except it's not that good at all..

each time you ran a mission had a chance to be something different, it would be MUCH better.

Defending the ship locks so that your forces could still funnel through into the assault?

Destroying a power core then fleeing back to your original ship before the enemy's self destructed?

Of course, the elimination we are already doing..

Having to steal information off of ships with a battle going on all around you?

As much as I'm enjoying the event, I have to agree with this. Right now its just mag+nova. Gets pretty bland before you hit the 50 mark even...