Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to return pvp to warframe (in my opinion)

Begemoth

I think that pvp can be returned to the game, but everything depends not on us, but on the game developers

1) disable all mods, conclave too

2) make Teshin's rewards better, because now it makes no sense to play in the conclave and pvp

3) make the clan war like before, but! replace it with a war of syndicates, where a week is going on for the control of a relay or monorail for one week, the war itself will raise the amount of honor from the syndicate, thus, in my opinion, the desire to play pvp will return.

If you make such changes without forgetting about Teshin's awards, making them more presentable, and changing them once a week, I think many will return to pvp.

If suddenly Digital Extremes will see, let them think about how to bring the pvp component back to life, because there are no quests, there is nothing new, there is no stalker mode, which many are waiting for

You and I have very different perspectives on why PvP isn't played. From where you stand it's a lack of motivation and incentive to try it. From where I stand, it's a deliberate choice to avoid it.

In your average PvP thread, you don't just get people saying "why should DE put the effort in, if they're not going to get a return on that investment?" Rather, you have people saying "no, and I want what little PvP is already in the game to be removed." The Warframe community has a very vocal component that is outright hostile to the idea of more PvP

It's for this reason I am expecting Stalker Mode, which has been in development for four years, to just get outright cancelled

22 minutes ago, Begemoth said:

I think that pvp can be returned to the game, but everything depends not on us, but on the game developers

2) make Teshin's rewards better, because now it makes no sense to play in the conclave and pvp

3) make the clan war like before, but! replace it with a war of syndicates, where a week is going on for the control of a relay or monorail for one week, the war itself will raise the amount of honor from the syndicate, thus, in my opinion, the desire to play pvp will return.

If you make such changes without forgetting about Teshin's awards, making them more presentable, and changing them once a week, I think many will return to pvp.

If suddenly Digital Extremes will see, let them think about how to bring the pvp component back to life, because there are no quests, there is nothing new, there is no stalker mode, which many are waiting for

I believe if pvp rewards would be cool cosmetics/ephemeras and such it would be populated much more
But with what we have now ppl dont even bother to try it and hate it to the point that like (PSN)guzmantt1977 says just dont even so he could just ignore it all the way while others could even have chance to like different system

14 минут назад, TARINunit9 сказал:

You and I have very different perspectives on why PvP isn't played. From where you stand it's a lack of motivation and incentive to try it. From where I stand, it's a deliberate choice to avoid it.

In your average PvP thread, you don't just get people saying "why should DE put the effort in, if they're not going to get a return on that investment?" Rather, you have people saying "no, and I want what little PvP is already in the game to be removed." The Warframe community has a very vocal component that is outright hostile to the idea of more PvP

It's for this reason I am expecting Stalker Mode, which has been in development for four years, to just get outright cancelled

The stalker mod is just great, I'm really looking forward to it, if suddenly a stalker cuts you on a mission, you know, it's me

52 minutes ago, Begemoth said:

Or they could continue making the right decision and leave it off in its little corner where it belongs.

16 минут назад, ReddyDisco сказал:

welcome to forums. 

first thread is about pvp in warframe, oh deary me

I just want pvp in the game I have been playing for 7 years, but unfortunately it is not possible to find an opponent or teammate in the conclave, DE helped with the Unreal tournament, why can't they do it here?

give spectra in the conclave so that you can download, as it is now on the index

1 hour ago, Begemoth said:

And that's it? Nothing about TTK, shield-gating? Haven't you been stomped by someone using broken stuff like Telos Boltace? Haven't you noticed extreme mobility potential allows more experienced players become completely untouchable by new ones?

If DE lock desirable rewards behind conclave, instead of "return" (did it ever exist?) of desire to play pvp the forums will be flooded with complaints.

6 minutes ago, Begemoth said:

DE helped with the Unreal tournament, why can't they do it here?

DE didn't really do as much on Unreal Tournament, and were really only in that game's credits as a formality. The lion's share of their work in the Unreal series was in Unreal 1, the single player game. Multiplayer is Epic Games, not Digital Extremes

9 minutes ago, Begemoth said:

I just want pvp in the game I have been playing for 7 years, 

Seven years? It might be time to face the facts

4 минуты назад, TARINunit9 сказал:

DE didn't really do as much on Unreal Tournament, and were really only in that game's credits as a formality. The lion's share of their work in the Unreal series was in Unreal 1, the single player game. Multiplayer is Epic Games, not Digital Extremes

Seven years? It might be time to face the facts

if not pvp, then let them fix the p2p connection, otherwise p2p in 2021 is such a decision

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

I believe if pvp rewards would be cool cosmetics/ephemeras and such it would be populated much more
But with what we have now ppl dont even bother to try it and hate it to the point that like (PSN)guzmantt1977 says just dont even so he could just ignore it all the way while others could even have chance to like different system

Tenno, you do realize that if you need to hand out rewards in order for people to do a thing, then it's a fair bet that they don't really want to do that thing in the first place, right? 

And as soon as they have the rewards they want, they will leave it alone. 

Personally I don't really care what you put as the rewards, because it's something that I don't want to do, and from the looks of it neither does the vast majority of players, and even DE doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with it. 

What's that tell you? 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Tenno, you do realize that if you need to hand out rewards in order for people to do a thing, then it's a fair bet that they don't really want to do that thing in the first place, right? 

And as soon as they have the rewards they want, they will leave it alone. 

Personally I don't really care what you put as the rewards, because it's something that I don't want to do, and from the looks of it neither does the vast majority of players, and even DE doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with it. 

What's that tell you? 

Simple i dont want to do relics but i want forma BP

And as i mentioned u and players like you (not an attack) are so against any change to pvp that its almost as if you refuse it to even exist while others could like it
I ended my story with lunaro and conclave around mr 7 or 15 while im now 30 and never bothered to even try and mostly because i hear so much bad about it but also because i didnt have good experience
But now since im more experienced in the game i could go and check if its as bad as i remember it but for what? just to be sure? the hell with that

But if there would be some cool rewards why not then? i would give it a go
But regardless even so you or me would not even touch it why you deny possibility of it being even taking care of? some player may actually like it

And on top of that as i think about it well we dont get anything from playing counter strike for example no rewards are given after the match yet so many ppl just wipe their free hours while mindlessly screaming into microphone "RUSH B"

So i believe there is potential in conclave and lunaro even most likely myself and you would not play it at all

Just because we dont like it does not give any1 any right to prevent or opt in for it not even existing so others cant enjoy it or are not given a chance to hate it like us

PS forgot to add i played like 4 conclave fights with my clan mates and 2 lunaro matches just to check it out so i have pretty poor experience to even say if its good or bad
Its like saying archwings are bad just after flying trough 1 missions or 2 not even touching railjack or open worlds with them

21 минуту назад, ZeroX4 сказал:

And as i mentioned u and players like you (not an attack) are so against any change to pvp that its almost as if you refuse it to even exist while others could like it
I ended my story with lunaro and conclave around mr 7 or 15 while im now 30 and never bothered to even try and mostly because i hear so much bad about it but also because i didnt have good experience
But now since im more experienced in the game i could go and check if its as bad as i remember it but for what? just to be sure? the hell with that

But regardless even so you or me would not even touch it why you deny possibility of it being even taking care of? some player may actually like it

And on top of that as i think about it well we dont get anything from playing counter strike for example no rewards are given after the match yet so many ppl just wipe their free hours while mindlessly screaming into microphone "RUSH B"

So i believe there is potential in conclave and lunaro even most likely myself and you would not play it at all

Just because we dont like it does not give any1 any right to prevent or opt in for it not even existing so others cant enjoy it or are not given a chance to hate it like us

PS forgot to add i played like 4 conclave fights with my clan mates and 2 lunaro matches just to check it out so i have pretty poor experience to even say if its good or bad
Its like saying archwings are bad just after flying trough 1 missions or 2 not even touching railjack or open worlds with them

but you must admit, the archwing is now killed, it is not needed now at all, there are no missions, one jordas only suffers, railjack, they seem to say they will change, which makes me happy, I really want raids, i need a challenge, and not the same thing, just more difficult as a steel path, more difficulty, more modifiers, and so on

30 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Nobody here's calling for it to be removed, are we? At least I'm not. I just don't see a need to "bring it back" since it doesn't seem to have ever really been a thing in the first place. The people who want to play with it are already free to do so. The fact that you don't want to, unless rewarded for doing so, tells me everything I need to know about what's going to happen when you have a massive pile of forma blueprints.... you're going to realise that you don't need any more, so you'll leave the content.

Understand something Tenno, all changes require allocation of resources. Resources that are always limited, and could be used elsewhere. Do you want to spend those resources on something that the vast majority of the players won't use for any length of time? Or would you rather they be used towards future updates, and fixing the things that people do choose to make frequent contact with? 

Seems like a simple choice to me.

14 minutes ago, Begemoth said:

but you must admit, the archwing is now killed, it is not needed now at all, there are no missions, one jordas only suffers, railjack, they seem to say they will change, which makes me happy, I really want raids, i need a challenge, and not the same thing, just more difficult as a steel path, more difficulty, more modifiers, and so on

I dont need to admit anything
And we all want something

I like archwing i was always fan of it while others just call it garbage
I do RJ missions Profit taker runs saturn pandora and jordas golem

Yeah arcwhing is dead for you as it is very alive for me

And well i would like to see Raids with necramechs where we would use them just to force our way trough some base
Thats my problem with warframe i never had any boss or something i just devastate with my arsenal it was always some scripted fight where i would need to wait after certain amount of boss HP down for cutscene or whatever
And no big fat bullet sponge i could just load with whatever i want

5 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Nobody here's calling for it to be removed, are we? At least I'm not. I just don't see a need to "bring it back" since it doesn't seem to have ever really been a thing in the first place. The people who want to play with it are already free to do so. The fact that you don't want to, unless rewarded for doing so, tells me everything I need to know about what's going to happen when you have a massive pile of forma blueprints.... you're going to realise that you don't need any more, so you'll leave the content.

Understand something Tenno, all changes require allocation of resources. Resources that are always limited, and could be used elsewhere. Do you want to spend those resources on something that the vast majority of the players won't use for any length of time? Or would you rather they be used towards future updates, and fixing the things that people do choose to make frequent contact with? 

Seems like a simple choice to me.

Cool you understand difference between not wanting something and preventing others from having it
So just cause we dont want "better" pvp i believe ppl who want it deserve at least a chance to have it

Also i am loaded up the a** with RJ stuff i got alll highest % armaments and components all avionics in multiple copies
I could build my RJ 10 times over and i would not even felt i lost any resources
And yet i am doing RJ missions even so i dont need anything from them and i do have massive pile of everything that RJ has to offer
So dont be so ahead of yourself

I dont use umbra forma i never seen any build that would require it i never seen any build that needed it to be efficient or decent
Does that mean umbra formas should not be added since I dont see use for them? and de should focus on more important stuff?

And you are missing the point you dont like pvp in warframe at its current state why you are so sure you wont play it after eventual changes?
Look on arcwhing how ppl hated it after some changes i dont see any complains on forums or in game so is it possible to make something bad into something good?
Even better now ppl cant wait for modular arcwhings so as you can see you dont know what future holds and its not impossible to change fate of some feature in game so ppl start to like it

Think about it objectively

12 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

I dont need to admit anything
And we all want something

I like archwing i was always fan of it while others just call it garbage
I do RJ missions Profit taker runs saturn pandora and jordas golem

Yeah arcwhing is dead for you as it is very alive for me

And well i would like to see Raids with necramechs where we would use them just to force our way trough some base
Thats my problem with warframe i never had any boss or something i just devastate with my arsenal it was always some scripted fight where i would need to wait after certain amount of boss HP down for cutscene or whatever
And no big fat bullet sponge i could just load with whatever i want

Cool you understand difference between not wanting something and preventing others from having it
So just cause we dont want "better" pvp i believe ppl who want it deserve at least a chance to have it

Also i am loaded up the a** with RJ stuff i got alll highest % armaments and components all avionics in multiple copies
I could build my RJ 10 times over and i would not even felt i lost any resources
And yet i am doing RJ missions even so i dont need anything from them and i do have massive pile of everything that RJ has to offer
So dont be so ahead of yourself

I dont use umbra forma i never seen any build that would require it i never seen any build that needed it to be efficient or decent
Does that mean umbra formas should not be added since I dont see use for them? and de should focus on more important stuff?

And you are missing the point you dont like pvp in warframe at its current state why you are so sure you wont play it after eventual changes?
Look on arcwhing how ppl hated it after some changes i dont see any complains on forums or in game so is it possible to make something bad into something good?
Even better now ppl cant wait for modular arcwhings so as you can see you dont know what future holds and its not impossible to change fate of some feature in game so ppl start to like it

Think about it objectively

Let me quote something for you: 

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

You're a player, and you do the stuff you like, regardless of rewards. You're going on what, 4 years playing warframe, and have touched the PVP all of 6 times? 

Thinking objectively leads to considering "return on investment".... what use of the limited resources DE has, gives the most satisfaction, to the greatest number of players. Again the majority seem to dislike, and not interact with the PVP part of the game. This has lead to DE choosing to not expend the resources in that direction, and even Stalker Mode which I personally thought might be cool as heck, was met with a resounding "NO" from players. That tells me that PVP's something that the majority of players don't want to participate in, in any form.

Just because it's something that I and a minority of others might enjoy, doesn't mean that I think that they should expend resources on it, if there won't be a return on investment.

That's what thinking objectively says.

Asking for better rewards from a PvP mode is a dead givaway that the mode is bad in itself. You shouldnt need external rewards in PvP since beating the opponent is the reward already. So if rewards is what would make conclave successful, I'm afraid the ship of nails has already sailed for the mode.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Let me quote something for you: 

You're a player, and you do the stuff you like, regardless of rewards. You're going on what, 4 years playing warframe, and have touched the PVP all of 6 times? 

Thinking objectively leads to considering "return on investment".... what use of the limited resources DE has, gives the most satisfaction, to the greatest number of players. Again the majority seem to dislike, and not interact with the PVP part of the game. This has lead to DE choosing to not expend the resources in that direction, and even Stalker Mode which I personally thought might be cool as heck, was met with a resounding "NO" from players. That tells me that PVP's something that the majority of players don't want to participate in, in any form.

Just because it's something that I and a minority of others might enjoy, doesn't mean that I think that they should expend resources on it, if there won't be a return on investment.

That's what thinking objectively says.

As i said i dont see any use in umbra forma and i dont feel like it should be in the game
Juste because i dont like something does not mean others cant enjoy it and should be refused even a chance to have better experience with it

Where was you and your will to prevent de from wasting their "resources" on something that no1 needs when they were about to make stance forma?

Many ppl still play PVP in warframe just because we dont see anything worth playing it as you see does not translate into others not being able to enjoy it
And what if just what IF after some changes PVP in warframe would be better experience?
Personally i would see a good mix of lunaro + index where you have chance of either winning 200% of investment or just 50%  (win vs lose)
I was playing game called s4 league and when i 1st seen lunaro and index i realized its really a mix of the too 
In s4 league you have a mode called touchdown where u have 2 goals and ball in the center of the map
Well objective is simple put ball into the goal of enemy team but its all while every team can attack players from opposite team
So i do see potential in PVP in warframe

And let remind you about dogs day when we was running with water guns on the beach and ppl just loved it
Imagine that made into pvp could also work even if we cant win anything worthy from it

And as fro rewards i only meant that if we would have good rewards behind pvps like cool cosmetics every one would be free to just grind their way trough to get them but imagine how many ppl could start to like pvp just by participating in it well for exemple me? If i play pvp maybe my experience would be better than from few years ago who knows

56 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

As i said i dont see any use in umbra forma and i dont feel like it should be in the game
Juste because i dont like something does not mean others cant enjoy it and should be refused even a chance to have better experience with it

You seem to be having a mathematical malfunction. You don't seem to understand that an individual or minority ≠ a majority of individuals. 

When you can get past that, maybe we'll find something to discuss. 🤷‍♂️

this is why Conclave should be outright deleted from the game: as long as it sits there, stagnating, people will keep wanting to redeem it somehow, and have DE waste precious time and resources on a dead mode, rather than just cut the dead skin away and move on. warframe just isn't suited to PvP: it's a nightmare for people to play and a nightmare for DE to balance. it just doesn't work out.

Conclave is a benign tumor: it may not be doing any active harm, but it'd feel and look a lot better to just get it removed.

Archived