Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Your Decision And Sticking With It

Kartumterek

A lot of you wont like this, but thats fine, you are the reason im making this post. With that said...

I am of the opinion that after this event is over... all players who either picked a side, played both sides, or didnt do a single mission related to the event receive a set of 3 letters in their inbox. One from each of the faction leaders and one from the LOTUS.

If you picked a side and stuck to your decision (in your stats you have xxx missions for one side and a ZERO (0) for the opposing side) then you get congratulated from the leader of the faction you chose along with something for the dedication shown (item). You should also get a letter from the opposing leader, recognizing your dedication to your cause and respect earned as a formidable, honorable adversary, along with an item (and a possible bribe for the next event). The LOTUS should also commend you on having made a choice and staying the course (possible gift from the LOTUS)

For the wishy washy degenerate rabble who is trying to play both sides.... first letter from your higher faction standing... thanking you for your pathetic, feeble effort and smack talking you for playing for the other side. Same type letter from your lower faction. The LOTUS should also show her disappointment in your lack of spine and smack talk you like the rest. No items from anyone, just smack talk and ridicule.

If you did not participate at all... all 3 letters should be bribes for participation for next events

I personally think this is an awesome event. I made my choice and have not wavered, even though I personally feel that Corpus has better rewards and from what I have been able to gather, the LOTUS seems to want us to choose Corpus as well. I technically did not choose the Grineer either; I chose to save my brothers.

Either you choose to save your brothers, or you choose to save the innocent. PICK ONE AND DECIDE. Tenno are not some rabble easily swayed by some cheap trinkets, we are above that. A lot of you have forgotten that, to your great shames.

Imo, Lotus will be happy if we fight both of them - they are both the enemy as many seem to forget.

And i doubt the enemy would respect that you killed so many of his troops and made him lose but that's just my opinion.

I agree that this should have been the rule from the beginning and to put a potato at the beginning with this rule would make Grineer win no matter what cus u cant change side if you want the reward at the end.

But to change it now would just be stupid, you would punish players by making up a rule after the game has started. 

Its a nice idea for next time but you cant have better rewards for one side at the beggining if you want it to work.

I get that the people who have been supporting only one side want compensation for all the loot they are missing out on but its to late to change it now.

Edit:

I have thought about why they made battle pay uneven and i think that if it was the same we could just have one war cus we would see what side have more supporters, it would only been interesting if the same amount of tenno fought on each side and i doubt  that would happen. This way we still dont know who will win, it all depends on the reward. Also DE can decide the outcome of the war if they want to. 

The same problem would arise if you choose one side and stick to it, we would know who would win on the first day and this would not make it interesting and people would get bored quickly and not liking the event. 

They wanted a full week event and not a 12h one. 

Edited by xaythor

Team Greed Does NOT endorse this silly propaganda.  

Stay the course, kill stuff, get paid, and you don't have to worry about losing anything in the end if you only choose a side when the winner is clear.  Some may call it wishy-washy Some may feel it's "cowardice".  In any situation I say rewarded and winning is better than dedicated and losing.

(Team Greed is in no way affiliated with any faction and is only interested in it's own self interest.  If you are "riding teh fence and chasing the best loot you too are a member of Team Greed)

Edited by Agent_of_Change

I like this idea, but I think it needs to be based on the node rewards, rather than your count. I say this, because there have been some cases where people have gone in, and ended up on the wrong side for what ever reason.

Also, there mite be people like me, who have done one greener mission just to see what they say, so its not that fair on people who are just exploring the lore. :P

Who said that the civilians will die? They will only be enslaved a while longer.

Besides, they're all Corpus.

No... there not. The Corpus and Greenr are NOT the only groups. There are minor ones, and they have colonys all over. Under Greer, they are enslaved. Under Corpus, I think its more a business arrangement or something. But they are differently NOT all Corpus.

Edited by TheJagji

excellent idea Katakuna... except that still wouldnt work. The rabble would only complain after the fact, not before.

But it would prevent tools like "Team Greed" and the like from flip-flopping factions.  They would have to choose who to fight for without prior knowledge of what their pay will be, or not fight at all and miss out completely.

In other words, it would destroy the "mercenaries" of this war.

nothing wrong with being mercenaries... but get treated accordingly. Those riff raff should not get accorded the same treatment as those who are committed to the cause. If they wanna flop like those sissy soccer punks or flop like they do in the current NBA thats fine. Just dont expect any kind of respect from any of the factions, including your own.

If you paid someone to fight for you today and tomorrow hes on the other side of the line and the next day hes back on your side etc, what would YOU think of that individual?

But it would prevent tools like "Team Greed" and the like from flip-flopping factions.  They would have to choose who to fight for without prior knowledge of what their pay will be, or not fight at all and miss out completely.

Team Greed feel that personal attacks are unnecessary, there isn't any money in it to be honest.  Also it is incumbent upon me to point out that if the rewards were hidden it is likely that many would simply not participate past a bare minimum.  In addition, since both sides are vying for our help it would seem odd to not actually let us know what they are offering (which they are now).  Furthermore mercenaries is what we are and intend to be, so yeah, it's a life choice.  

In closing everytime, Alad offers to double my pay for switching sides I wish there was an option to take that offer, I would take it every time... and most of you would too.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

For the wishy washy degenerate rabble who is trying to play both sides.... first letter from your higher faction standing... thanking you for your pathetic, feeble effort and smack talking you for playing for the other side. Same type letter from your lower faction. The LOTUS should also show her disappointment in your lack of spine and smack talk you like the rest. No items from anyone, just smack talk and ridicule.

Says you.

What if both teams are wrong to support, but have to be supported as a necessity? Every one of you justifying siding with either group when we have killed millions of them and when they have both demonstrated on many occasions evil acts, is just pure hypocrisy.

Everyone should be going for the rewards alone as a motivation.

Changing ones mind is far from a bad thing. It is sign that you have intelligent thoughts, that you have reason. It is sign that you can analyze a situation, your actions and its consequences.

Following through the end with something that is bad, only for the sake of consistency is just pure blind devotion and I sure hope it would not be valued and elevated as something to aspire to.

Says you.

What if both teams are wrong to support, but have to be supported as a necessity? Every one of you justifying siding with either group when we have killed millions of them and when they have both demonstrated on many occasions evil acts, is just pure hypocrisy.

Everyone should be going for the rewards alone as a motivation.

Changing ones mind is far from a bad thing. It is sign that you have intelligent thoughts, that you have reason. It is sign that you can analyze a situation, your actions and its consequences.

Following through the end with something that is bad, only for the sake of consistency is just pure blind devotion and I sure hope it would not be valued and elevated as something to aspire to.

A fellow member of Team Greed speaking logic and reason.  Welcome friend, how have your pay checks been?

People from "Team Greed" are tools because they are intelligently and beneficially playing the Battle Pay system? Did none you guys see Steve's statement claiming all the Battle Pay rewards were "Hand-Picked"? OP, I like your optimism, but if you think some kind of hidden benefit/reward for players that stuck to one faction is a possible outcome of this event, I have to tell you, you maybe a little too optimistic. That system would provoke overachievers and honestly, I could only imagine the terror it would bring to this forum and community.

You could play this event 2 different ways. High Risk, low reward. Low Risk, High Reward. I'm not entirely sure of the number, but I'm gonna put a ballpark number of 70% of the players are probably playing it the safe way. In that case, a reward system like this would infuriate a majority of the game's population.

The Tenno are mercenaries. It makes perfect sense lore wise for them to play both sides off of the other while getting the better battle pay and strengthening themselves and their clan in the process.

It's nice if you can pat yourselves on the back for picking one side but don't pretend it's some honourable Tenno thing. We've already seen in missions the Tenno are often little more then glorified assasins. They don't treat their enemies "honourably" they slaughter them all. The Tenno kill scientists and do missions involving killing as many enemies as you can find on Grineer colonies where Grineer civilians live. Maybe your killing militia protecting their families. Their idea of a distraction is to invade a ship then kill as many people as possible.

The Grineer and Corpus writing you letters congratulating you doesn't fit with what we know about them. I doubt Alad V feels anything but contempt for the Tenno and Ruk just wants to kill them all for opposing the mighty Grineer empire.

I have a counter proposal(that's absurd to make a point). How about if you have 90% loyalty score with one of the factions you lose all your rewards because you've shown you're a gullibe sap that can be taken advantage of by playing on your "honour". They should get a mocking letter from whoever they supported for making it so easy to stab them in the back. Tenno who played both sides against each other should get double the rewards because they were backstabbing the potential backstabbers before they got backstabbed.

Edited by Syurn

I have a counter proposal(that's absurd to make a point). How about if you have 90% loyalty score with one of the factions you lose all your rewards because you've shown you're a gullibe sap that can be taken advantage of by playing on your "honour". They should get a mocking letter from whoever they supported for making it so easy to stab them in the back. Tenno who played the both sides against each other should get double the rewards because they were backstabbing the potential backstabbers before the got backstabbed.

I followed that, Can't agree more.  Go Team Greed!

Also I like that the OP calls the people who are using both sides to their own benefits "tools". When he actually wants to reward the people that will blindly chose to follow one of two evil to the very end because of....

Lets face it, he wants to make sure that himself, when the time comes, won't be screwed over of his lovely potatoed weapon by the people that will be able to quickly change side and maybe the end result

I have a counter proposal(that's absurd to make a point). How about if you have 90% loyalty score with one of the factions you lose all your rewards because you've shown you're a gullibe sap that can be taken advantage of by playing on your "honour". They should get a mocking letter from whoever they supported for making it so easy to stab them in the back. Tenno who played the both sides against each other should get double the rewards because they were backstabbing the potential backstabbers before the got backstabbed.

This +1