Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you want as endgame rewards.

Tsuana

I've been in this community for nearly 4 years now and I always hear the terms "endgame" and "evergreen loot" being thrown around. Now I find myself being truly curious, what exactly do Warframe veterans and players in general consider as "endgame loot". It can't be forma or endo or even rare resources since the truly old veterans have an incredibly large stockpile of stuff already. It won't be platinum for obvious reasons and I have heard several times already that fashion items are hardly endgame worthy rewards. Arcane's are something I would personally consider a means to an end, something to round a build off so not really endgame stuff per say, besides we seem to be able to get that pretty consistently from events now. So what exactly would people expect to get when, if ever, DE tries to create endgame content.

Arcanes were or are that reward. The system is not done, and can open up.

They have slots open for 

pet arcanes 

weapon arcanes

ship arcanes RJ and orbiters.

crew arcanes (When RJ crew happen)

Lich arcanes

New frame arcanes.

They can also add Helminth abilities that could be crafted.

Pet and frame body rivens.

/

i know frame Rivens are a hot topic so we can just say they are possible but not a good thing.

What I think DE needs to focus on more is the end game players with its content. We have piles of early game and a bloated mid game and this tiny little bit of end game. They need to build content for all the power players have and can collect. Hell even making all missions have a Steel Path version would be something. Or steel path +,++ and +++

Personally, I'd like if a lot of the new mods (such as Combo Fury, perhaps even Primed mods) we get were added as rewards instead of being easily obtained via Baro. This would make Baro less valuable in general, but seeing as he rarely has anything useful for high level players, and is even a disappointment sometimes to midgame players, maybe he could use a change to his stock.

Cant happen. Unless the endgame content itself changes periodically. All mmo out there follow this formula; new dungeon/raid every couple of months bringing with them new tier of item level to aim for - meaning the farm to the endgame itself is always fresh and did not expire after certain time.

The downside is the item that you have currently will become obselete after certain of time, but still - thats the progression.

Both of these did not happen in Warframe - a game where you collect and amass stuff. Even if they introduce an activity as "endgame" whatever comes out of it (be it arcanes, weapons, resources) is just another toy to play with, nothing more.

Well lets see what I thought up over a year ago

• Terminating rewards
    • New focus grind to make them modular
    • Unlimited use forma bp
  • Evergreen rewards
    • An adaptor that unlocks a 0 mod cost augment slot
    • Market/cosmetic exclusive plat
    • A resource that stat (and trade) locks rivens
    • Reasonable built forma farm
    • Non-time gated Umbral forma farm
    • The classic cosmetic option (tradable)

If you need endgame to go with these endgame rewards, then just make a well done rogue-like mode. If it's successful, expand it into more parts of future updates.

I mean the rewards aren't really that complicated. Cosmetics, weapons, mods, convenience tools, and so on. The rewards just need to be exclusive (can't buy/trade) for collectables and constantly useful/desirable for consumables. A range of Umbral Warframes and weapons, new Sentient weapons, a range of Operator cosmetics, some new Ephemera, a consumable for Riven stat-locking, idk it's really not hard to come up with this stuff. But more important than the reward is the gameplay. I don't want more garbage to collect, I want more stuff to do. If the gameplay is trivial weekend content like the rest of the game then it isn't endgame, and the rewards are just more of the same to check off a list. But at the moment DE can't make content that isn't trivial unless they put it way up into the meta, which would just alienate anyone not using it. There can't be endgame content, or the rewards to make that content enticing, until DE balances the game as a whole.

The way things used to be(and the path and teshin fixed that) and fun. I took a break of a year from Warframe and just returned about 10 days ago. When I left I had everything. Every frame, weapon, mod... all completed. And I got to play what I wanted to not what I had to in order to get something or get MR. I was capped for that time. I had fun. So what I wan as a reward is to be in that position again of not HAVING to do anything.

I started int +100 level missions and it felt like C rotaion mattered again. And getting there was an actual accomplishment again. I dont care about bobbles and rewards. The best reward is being free of "have to's". And yes, I did all of the missions with new people to help them get thru it and it was fun. Now I have to grind again and I hope they never raise the MR passed 30 so once I get that done, I never have to grind again. It will be AMAZING to just play and have fun.

Endgame can when done correctly can be a great thing for players to try to get to as a goal. Sorry low levels but endgame means u need a certain level to do it. Everything is so accessible it frustrates new players And veterans alike when they do content that they really are not ready for that is why a real endgame is the goal or endgame. Also there really is no content to strive for as a goal. Warframe is too much collecting too much fodder gear for no purpose unless u needed that level, but at least if we had your level really matter and the need to collect the frames and have good leveled mods to enable u to do the content It would give players something to strive for. Destiny raids do a great job of endgame. Warframe is different and imo could even do a much better endgame with its design and also give us need for all the frames. A raid for example with arsenal checkpoints with real boss fights like taking down nef and then once u do eudico actually takes over fortuna affecting the world some how would be awesome. Then some parts of the raid for an example, could Switch to Loki at the parkour section of the raid with a parkour build would build more mod and gear diversity and give use to different mods too that we don’t use because of a problem with design of most the mods, therefore therefore reverse engineer them. You could also have most the rewards be cosmetic but look great to show off with bonuses that only effect the raid ex. Arcane cosmetics that give damage to raid enemy type so that power creep is not much of issue, however that weapon part or bp u need Would keep us coming back and throw in some mod drops would do the trick and give us something to do with maybe a umbra form bp in the drop table would have people asking for more and keep us grinding it out as well as hopefully adding to the story and lore as well which we definitely need right now in warframe. Cough cough lotus.

Whatever such reward could be it would fall into the same trap that all other rewards already have in that eventually players will finish the grind for them then go back to saying there is no endgame/rewards. Arcanes for example are a form of "endgame reward" but as soon as a player gets theirs anything that grants them becomes dead content or a plat farm. Even Kuva falls into this somewhat while also being a reward not all players are interested in (plus we have a lot of sources of it as is).

Really the only option is for DE to continue to make new progression systems to introduce entirely new rewards and adding onto the existing systems. Trying to create a system that tries to be continually rewarding will end up being declared "too much of a grind" just like how Rivens were made to be a grind intentionally and players only want their grind reduced/removed. If there is no end-point to a system or is put so far out that most players couldn't ever expect to reach the end will likely receive a very negative reception just for being unlike all other forms of progression we have. While if it gets made to be optional (like Rivens) players will go on to ignore that and pretend that they're mandatory or declare it pointless.

That is why the cosmetics I suggest as well as umbra forma bp etc are a thing to grind for. The example of arcanes being endgame isn’t much of a thought out design. Also tradeable so don’t even need to grind for those. When designed correctly it can and will keep people going for it.  

40 minutes ago, trst said:

Whatever such reward could be it would fall into the same trap that all other rewards already have in that eventually players will finish the grind for them then go back to saying there is no endgame/rewards. Arcanes for example are a form of "endgame reward" but as soon as a player gets theirs anything that grants them becomes dead content or a plat farm. Even Kuva falls into this somewhat while also being a reward not all players are interested in (plus we have a lot of sources of it as is).

Really the only option is for DE to continue to make new progression systems to introduce entirely new rewards and adding onto the existing systems. Trying to create a system that tries to be continually rewarding will end up being declared "too much of a grind" just like how Rivens were made to be a grind intentionally and players only want their grind reduced/removed. If there is no end-point to a system or is put so far out that most players couldn't ever expect to reach the end will likely receive a very negative reception just for being unlike all other forms of progression we have. While if it gets made to be optional (like Rivens) players will go on to ignore that and pretend that they're mandatory or declare it pointless.

All rewards are traps lol so are video games. Arcanes are a bad example of an endgame reward. New progression system, oh I can’t wait to see new players as well as old do that on top of what we did with focus. The grind is really only grind if the activity is terrible. With railjack a new raid could be a phenomenal endgame if done right. Sorry but I have played phenomenal endgames with good rewards that don’t kill the power creep. It has and can be done...for warframe as well if DE designs it well and not rushed.

7 hours ago, Tsuana said:

That hardly answers the question. For some, cosmetic items are good and meaningful. For others, not so much.

But it actually does represent what some people here will tell you.

Which is why he put that between quotes, they will ask for "something good and meaningful" but never tell you WHAT it is. 

So when it does come, it will be anything but IT.

Or, in the VERY RARE occasion it is... it will eventually not become IT because they already got it OR they got it enough times.

7 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

If you need endgame to go with these endgame rewards, then just make a well done rogue-like mode. If it's successful, expand it into more parts of future updates.

Before the update, I thought this is what the Deimos underground stuff would be.

11 hours ago, Tsuana said:

I've been in this community for nearly 4 years now and I always hear the terms "endgame" and "evergreen loot" being thrown around. Now I find myself being truly curious, what exactly do Warframe veterans and players in general consider as "endgame loot". It can't be forma or endo or even rare resources since the truly old veterans have an incredibly large stockpile of stuff already. It won't be platinum for obvious reasons and I have heard several times already that fashion items are hardly endgame worthy rewards. Arcane's are something I would personally consider a means to an end, something to round a build off so not really endgame stuff per say, besides we seem to be able to get that pretty consistently from events now. So what exactly would people expect to get when, if ever, DE tries to create endgame content.

Best reward for endgame content would be for all of you who keep talk about endgame content, to define what you think endgame content is. 

Because that's the main thing that is keeping you from getting what you claim to want. 

I made a thread about this nearly 2 years ago, expanding on what I perceive to a problem with WF's reward structure ("One and done" offerings): 

Concrete, tangible examples of possible worthwhile endgame rewards (That have repeated acquisition value in order to sustain the endgame mode) I'd like to see include:

1) An item that grants a 5% permanent stat increase to any single stat in a frame or weapon of your choice each time you get it.

2) An item that allows you to create an Amalgam mod of your own with 80% of the original mod's stats. This Amalgam mod can not be traded, and it can not be used at the same time as any of the other 2 base mods or fused with another Amalgam mod.

3) An item that lets you permanently bind an Augment mod to a frame, which frees the mod slot for the Augment. This limits the acquisition benefit to 4 times per frame, but opens the door to needing multiple copies of the same frame since some Augments are counter-productive to some playstyles. Thus, retaining repeated acquisition value.

4) An item that unlocks a new physical mod slot in a frame or weapon and increases mod capacity accordingly.

5) An item that lets you fuse some reward mods like Adaptation upon repeated acquisition. For example, the item would be consumed alongside 5 max rank Adaptations into "Adaptation X1", in which the effect of Adaptation now applies to 2 damage types instead of 1, and so on. 

6) An item that lets you permanently lock a Riven stat. The Riven can no longer be traded.

7) An item that adds a passive ability of your choice to a frame or weapon without removing previous passives. The list includes passives from other frames, Syndicate weapons, or re-purposed mods. 

8) Unlocking the ability to use multiple Helminth abilities at once, ultimately creating your own WF.

Sadly, WF is in a position in which the only reward that would be worthwhile and suitable for endgame content (If ever made) would result in unadultered, raw powercreep above & beyond the levels that we currently have. 

14 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Best reward for endgame content would be for all of you who keep talk about endgame content, to define what you think endgame content is. 

Because that's the main thing that is keeping you from getting what you claim to want. 

Speaking for myself, I've touched on this before:

In most games other than Warframe, the "Endgame" refers to the activities that you should be focused on while in the later stages of the game after most of the content has been experienced and the majority of the game's tools are at your disposal. Content, game modes, activities and challenges set by the game (Not the players) that are simply not doable otherwise.

This definition of "Endgame" is rather consistent across games in which you do not hear complains about lack of an Endgame. 

In Devil May Cry for example, the Endgame is to get the highest possible score at high difficulties such as Dante Must Die, which requires for you to constantly change your combos and weapons based on enemy match-ups so you don't waste time, avoid damage, and increase the style score multiplier. This is generally not possible without unlocking all abilities and combos.

Even chess has a set definition of an Endgame that resolves around the same concept: The final stage of a chess game when few pieces are left on the board.

Warframe doesn't have a defined Endgame because there is no ultimate goal that requires experiencing most of the game in order to succeed at it. This in turn results in personal goals or interpretations of what an "Endgame" is that ignore the consistency of execution found across other games including chess. Yet, instead of discussing or sharing ideas of what an Endgame mode in WF can be, I see most arguments centered around what an Endgame is per se. I don't see this phenomenon in any other community I've been a part of.

Perhaps it's a result of resignation tied to game mechanics, progression, broken mods and scaling damage systems that may need to be addressed first, but the discussions only serve to fracture the community in this topic "Because people don't know what they want", which is in itself a fair assessment, but it's also a reflection of not focusing ideas or what players want around an existing concept and working around the constraints of said concept.

It would be much, much easier for all of us to suggest Endgame ideas if we would just use the most consistent definition. The execution can then be ironed out, but at least we'd have a base to work with.

The irony here, is that by the definition presented above, Eidolon hunting is the closest thing to an endgame we have because it requires for you to have experienced a significant portion of the game's content in order to succeed at at. On your own, without being carried, it is literally impossible to kill an Eidolon until you've at least done The Second Dream, and ideally The War Within. But then you have people with a huge aversion to Operator content "because that's not Warframe".

Archived