Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you want as endgame rewards.

Tsuana

Gameplay!! We're always playing the game to grind the stuff, I just really want "using the stuff" to be expanded. It's more important than getting more stuff.

But also because you need rewards to entice players to do it? Alternative ways to get Eidolon shards, Kuva, Arcanes, Umbral forma and things like that.

7 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Things emitting light with wavelengths of around 470 nm. 

So my pen isn't blue because it doesn't emit light, just reflects light on that spectrum?  Well what do you know, guess I'm a few years ahead of you, talk to me when you get past pre-kindergarten.

Guess that's another class you missed? 

Bold words from someone who gives ESL posters an ego boost.

If someone is hungry and can't figure out what they want to eat, leave them alone until they can figure it out. You'd be surprised how effective that method is on anyone other than small children. 

Wait, are you suggesting that the people making such posts have no more mental capacity, or are no more articulate than small, unusually whiny children? 🤔 Fascinating. By Jove! You might be onto something! 

Except here they're saying they want something spicy.  Don't know exactly what they want, not sure what would go well with the flavors of the dish (a metaphor for the game itself, if you couldn't tell), but they do want some spicyness somehow.  They're not a chef, and their best suggestion is "I don't know, throw some Cayenne in there maybe?"  I know you don't like challenge, you probably put Sawtooth Clip on your Tetra so I can understand why, but people want the vague "endgame".  DE is the chef here, they can take suggestions and figure it out themselves.

Useful Arcanes, preferably something that can be more build defining for different frames, new unique weapons, kinda like kuva weapons but maybe something that drops more similar to RJ items. Things that could give the game a better looter shooter feel.

Would be great with a mode that isnt based on rotations, something comparable to dungeon runs in MMORPGs, where the mobs and bosses drop the loot.

20 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

7 years isn't a long run? MR 30 just recently happened....

The game was in this state for ~5 years and only got worse and more obvious with time since more players are becoming maxed out veterans. MR is superficial but even that got maxed out.

What DE being trying to do is essentially building a new game into WF, like Railjack  - but its very hard to make and turns out they are not up to the task (cant even blame them here, its really hard to do and to get players on board).

On 2021-01-09 at 4:09 AM, Tsuana said:

Stuff

Umbra forma is one, sure, but I would also take fully built Forma and Aura Forma. 

What Id love to see though is some kind of universal forma that works like aura forma but for any slot so I can have multiple builds without the wrong polarities messing everything up... Ofc umbra polarity would not be included to this. It wouldnt make us any stronger but would allow some more diversity which is needed for long-time players. 

Unique ephemeras and warframe cosmetics are also nice ofc, but theyd have to be something truly nice and not weird looking operator cosmetics nobody cares about like in Teshins store. But I guess that wont happen since they wouldnt bring money as well as straight out purchases from market. 

Oh and cool arcanes are always good, they are like the cherry on top for warframes, and can make certain builds possible that you couldnt make before due lack of whatever. 

On 2021-01-09 at 2:09 AM, Tsuana said:

I've been in this community for nearly 4 years now and I always hear the terms "endgame" and "evergreen loot" being thrown around. Now I find myself being truly curious, what exactly do Warframe veterans and players in general consider as "endgame loot". It can't be forma or endo or even rare resources since the truly old veterans have an incredibly large stockpile of stuff already. It won't be platinum for obvious reasons and I have heard several times already that fashion items are hardly endgame worthy rewards. Arcane's are something I would personally consider a means to an end, something to round a build off so not really endgame stuff per say, besides we seem to be able to get that pretty consistently from events now. So what exactly would people expect to get when, if ever, DE tries to create endgame content.

I'd answer you that question if the game wasn't so broken, lol. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Are you admitting that it is possible to define the colour blue without having to resort to simply pointing at a blue coloured object and saying "that is blue"? 

Looks like you are. Now how about pulling your head out and admitting that defining endgame in equally vague terms, is also meaningless. 

Was this something you picked up watching YouTube and thought it would hurt someone? 

Like I said, leave the whiny children alone until they can figure out what they want. Because if not you are going to be slaving away in the kitchen, preparing all sorts of wonderful things for them to consume, only to have it thrown to the floor by the very same children. 

Because it's already been demonstrated that we have content that is "endgame" in the game, and more keeps being added, but the children keep whining "that's not endgame, that's not what we wanted". 

Until they can come up with a real consensus on what they actually want, the situation will persist, and topics about rewards are just putting the cart before the donkeys. 

You are now free to pull your hair in impotent rage, beat your fists on your keyboard, gnash your teeth and wail in the outer darkness. 😉

You're basically putting everyone that wants endgame as they want the same thing and then they get flustered , which is not the case , be more concise with your arguments in the same fashion as you ask what players want as endgame to be precise .. 

Ultimately DE decides to which audience to cater towards or a specific content they want to give to the players , so far the overall impression on what they chose to give doesnt seem to be good enough , and yes from the infamous steam chart impressions .

As for the 'kids' and 'whinning' i would rather fight for what i want then to silently take whatever has been given to me and still be dissapointed about it , even if it doesnt affect much as 1 person giving feedback , at least i would be relieved for knowing i did my part for what i think for is betterment of the game .

Also for the image that you want to be created around yourself , your argumentation and way of saying things doesnt seem to make you any different then those 'whinny kids' that you're apprently whinning about . Have a good day/night.

Just off the top of my head: Kuva, pre-built Forma/bundles (no really, they are good rewards and it never hurts to have more), Orokin Catalysts, Sortie (once the rewards are updated to current standards)/Arbitration/Syndicate rep daily reset coupons, i consider *some* cosmetics as good rewards, a consistent source of boosters of your choice (needs a vendor), riven slivers, fusion cores, the latter can be sold for plats, if nothing else.

Maybe an item that updates some of your old relics to new ones.

Fissure multipliers as an exclusive end game reward that allows you to crack multiple relics at once.

Unlocking Steel Path fissures and Archwing Survival, Archwing Sorties. (separate from normal Sorties)

Permanent companion slots; You complete a really, impossibly challenging set of missions that Warframe has never had before, you get to bring another permanent companion with yourself to missions.

Baro comes twice as frequently with a bigger selection of items for you.

But these are only things i would like to see.

4 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

DE has added multiple things that would be considered endgame by the loose definition, 

Okay , what is that loose definiton of endgame for you ? , and what did they add for example  , for the record they deny anything has been added for the 'endgame' title as content , even in ragards to steel path , stating that it is definatly not the endgame mode . 

If its arbitrations they basically did that because people were getting consistant endo from vodyanoi , they wanted it to make it rng based for endo , if you would consider endo an endgame reward that is(which is arguably not by most people  i assume). 

I like the idea of this thread.

First of all, we need to define "endgame". I think at this moment, Steel Path daily Steel missions are endgame, Lichs are endgame, Sortie is endgame, but there is not much after that. Of course you can go to 9999+ in Survival, but it is only a possibility, it has no reward but the achievement itself and so imho it does not define "endgame".

I'd personally like an "extreme Steel path" with lvl 500+ mobs or even 1000+, but tbh, once you catch the drift about how to own them, after a certain level it does not become more difficult the higher the numbers are. You no longer change gear or warframe to do 3000+ instead of 2000+. But such a game mode needs to be coupled with more than "+200% resource drops". 

But honestly, the whole system how we do damage and how mobs receive damage needs to be changed to bring a whole new level or they bring new mobs to the table (e.g. instant shield deactivate/drain from range or anything else to get behind shield gating) to bring a new challenge. They even released primed sure footed, one of their biggest mistakes imho, because this completely denies CC as a form of threat. The only thing I can think of would be in the archwing/railjack/Necramech department. The mods are still weak here, so it would be easier to pose a challenge.

So yeah, it is safe to say that we won't see big challenges or anything other than sortie/SP in the near future.

With that in mind most of the reward suggstions here are interesting, but they won't happen: My guess is that Forma/Exilus adapters are such a big plat sink for them, that there won't be anything even close to help us farm those in masses. The next main income is cosmetics, so I would not be surprised if we don't get a lot in this department as well.

If I would be a designer, I would not have brought the primed mods to Baro, but to challenges/endgame instead. Speaking of Baro, a couple of guys suggested to get rid of Baro and put his loot into challenge/endgame instead and I agree most about this one. On the other hand, Baro is an important item sink (and thus plat sink as well), so we most certainly would need something for that as well.

DE needs to come up with new items that we are after, otherwise a grinding based game like Warframe won't survive for ever. The rewards need to be put where they are needed. Endgame stuff like rivens needs to be adressed in endgame. But after being in this game for couple of years, my prediction that the oh so desired endgame won't happening. Hard stuff in games is dead, people don't want to put effort in the games any more, they put their effort in the forums to get the most sought after items (aka whining).

Archived