Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think I Know Who The Orokin Are! (Theory) Please Read

Darktigr

So I was reading Warframe Wiki and decided to read about the Orokin and how the debate is that the Orokin could be artificial intelligence beings or an alien species. Then I got off to watch Star Trek (yes i'm a trekky). I watched the first movie and in the end the crew realized that it was the Voyager probe the one that was launched off several years back (1977) to exit the solar system in search of Sentient life. The probe had spent many years assimilating technology and learning

Now reading the Dark Sector lore, I learned that the Agency made the Technocyte plague as a weapon to combat the Russians during the cold war, around the same time as the Voyager probe being launched. Now what I am thinking is that maybe some spores of the technocyte plague found it's way onto Voyager. In Star Trek the Voyager probe comes back to Earth with it's new found knowledge that it obtained from assimilating information over many years. Maybe that in its thousands of year the Technocyte found no organic material, and instead it evolved to assimilate the Voyager probe. So after thousands of years, this probe is returning to Earth as a large sentient ship and culture in the persuit of sentient life.

The Technocyte learned from the alotted information we put on that probe and decided that the only Sentient place it could find was our Solar system, the very one it came from, however the Orokin probe (I guess that the probe just decided to call itself Orokin), the Orokin probe doesnt know that it came from Earth, it doesnt know where it came from, because the Virus doesnt have memory really. So the Orokin probe has incredible technology because it has been expirement and adapting trying to evolve, because the probe is half organic because of the technocyte virus. It has been evolving for thousands of years trying to figure out new and advanced technology. The probe has become peaceful of that time because the original Voyager probe was sent out on a peaceful mission, merely to learn. The probe's program overid the technocytes DNA to assimilate organisms. So the Orokin probe gets to the Solar System and sees that there are no Sentient beings there, it's only Earth that has been overun by the technocyte plague, and the probe decides, "I'm gonna make sentient beings, using the DNA of the organisms found on Earth." So it takes out the Technocyte DNA (it knows how to do this because it has the DNA in it's program. And that is where the Orokin Era starts, the Orokin probe comes to Earth and expriments with DNA or the organisms. (It eventually finds the DNA of Hayden Tenno and uses it to make the Tenno, and in this time it self replicates organic/synthetic metal which makes the ship huge).

Conclusion

My conclusion is that the Orokin is really not artificial, nor is it completely organic, it is a mixture of both that turns into its own ship and culture. The Orokin Probe comes back to Earth and expirements with the DNA and matter in Earth making sentient beings like the Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno (and other things like the sand skates.). The ship makes small humanoid-like probes, that it sends off seaching the other planets and making Orokin towers in the void, but the smaller Orokin probes are connected to a central brain which is on the original Orokin Probe, I call this central brain The Cranius. So tell me what you guys think this is just a theory, it isnt set in stone so its not like im TELLING you what actually happened. Please get this liked so the DE can see it and make missions and possible lore out of this. THANK YOU!

Edited by Darktigr

I absolutely do not disagree with you. I find this awesome... This makes more sense then my theory on origins to be honest. I love this!

On a side note if your interested in reading other theories come check mine out in this 2 parts...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/98371-the-lotus-project-conspiracy/?hl=%2Blotus+%2Bproject+%2Bconspiracy

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99550-the-lotus-project-conspiracy-pt-2-keep-my-mother-out-of-this-edition/?hl=%2Blotus+%2Bproject+%2Bconspiracy

I love reading and like writing quite a bit, so at one point I considered writing some fanfic for WF but decided to just research and wait til the lore is more established, to avoid too much guesswork.

Will leave 2 interesting things (IMHO) I found on the interwebs:

- The fictional Orokin Dominion of Abanao was founded in Oct 16th 2006, and ceased to exist on Oct 25th 2013, when it had a population of 7.144 billion. Excerpt- The Orokin Dominion of Abanao is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lotus with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Source: www.nationstates.net

- A background on the Orokin race from the Dreamlands campaign: http://explodingdice.com/?p=97

Edited by Dogoframe

So I was reading Warframe Wiki and decided to read about the Orokin and how the debate is that the Orokin could be artificial intelligence beings or an alien species. Then I got off to watch Star Trek (yes i'm a trekky). I watched the first movie and in the end the crew realized that it was the Voyager probe the one that was launched off several years back (1977) to exit the solar system in search of Sentient life. The probe had spent many years assimilating technology and learning

Now reading the Dark Sector lore, I learned that the Agency made the Technocyte plague as a weapon to combat the Russians during the cold war, around the same time as the Voyager probe being launched. Now what I am thinking is that maybe some spores of the technocyte plague found it's way onto Voyager. In Star Trek the Voyager probe comes back to Earth with it's new found knowledge that it obtained from assimilating information over many years. Maybe that in its thousands of year the Technocyte found no organic material, and instead it evolved to assimilate the Voyager probe. So after thousands of years, this probe is returning to Earth as a large sentient ship and culture in the persuit of sentient life.

The Technocyte learned from the alotted information we put on that probe and decided that the only Sentient place it could find was our Solar system, the very one it came from, however the Orokin probe (I guess that the probe just decided to call itself Orokin), the Orokin probe doesnt know that it came from Earth, it doesnt know where it came from, because the Virus doesnt have memory really. So the Orokin probe has incredible technology because it has been expirement and adapting trying to evolve, because the probe is half organic because of the technocyte virus. It has been evolving for thousands of years trying to figure out new and advanced technology. The probe has become peaceful of that time because the original Voyager probe was sent out on a peaceful mission, merely to learn. The probe's program overid the technocytes DNA to assimilate organisms. So the Orokin probe gets to the Solar System and sees that there are no Sentient beings there, it's only Earth that has been overun by the technocyte plague, and the probe decides, "I'm gonna make sentient beings, using the DNA of the organisms found on Earth." So it takes out the Technocyte DNA (it knows how to do this because it has the DNA in it's program. And that is where the Orokin Era starts, the Orokin probe comes to Earth and expriments with DNA or the organisms. (It eventually finds the DNA of Hayden Tenno and uses it to make the Tenno, and in this time it self replicates organic/synthetic metal which makes the ship huge).

Conclusion

My conclusion is that the Orokin is really not artificial, nor is it completely organic, it is a mixture of both that turns into its own ship and culture. The Orokin Probe comes back to Earth and expirements with the DNA and matter in Earth making sentient beings like the Corpus, Grineer, and Tenno (and other things like the sand skates.). The ship makes small humanoid-like probes, that it sends off seaching the other planets and making Orokin towers in the void, but the smaller Orokin probes are connected to a central brain which is on the original Orokin Probe, I call this central brain The Cranius. So tell me what you guys think this is just a theory, it isnt set in stone so its not like im TELLING you what actually happened. Please get this liked so the DE can see it and make missions and possible lore out of this. THANK YOU!

no offence buddy.... but your making some SERIOUS assumptions. a theory is usually based on known facts, but in this case there are non.

1. its already stated in the lore about the technocyte that it was created by the Orokin in their war against the "sentients", so again, that debunks the voyager theory.

2. a virus cannot survive in the vacuum of space. on top of that, for evolution to have any effect the virus would need to multiply in one form or another, be it through infection etc. a spore in a vacuum of space with no organic matter to infetc would not be able to "evolve", at best it would be basically "frozen in stasis"

3. the voyager probe wasnt designd to land, its a probe. only way for the probe to come in contact with  organic matter for the virus to use, it would need to crash to a planet, if that happened, the whole thing would have burn up in re-entry, virus included.

4. a computer program cannot overwrite DNA, on top of that, the voyagers programming wouldnt know what DNA is to begin with. also remeber, that the logic of the voyager was not "intelligent" in any way, nor could it become one.

5. about the Orokin ships... you can tell ALOT about the Orokin from their ship construction.

- they have atmosphere suited for humans. a virus that evolved in space would have no need for it.

- orokin ships have gravity. again, an organism that evolved in space, would not need gravity, infact, any organism that had evolved in space, as in an enviroment that has no gravity would be fatally injured should it ever enter a gravity well.

- they have hallways, windows, elevators and controll panels, all of them the type and form suited for a life form like humans. for example, the hight of a elevator controll panel gives as an idea about the physical form that panel was meant to be used by. all in all, the orokin ships were meant to have a crew that operated it.

all in all, nothing about the Orokin ships suggest anything other than.... that Orokin were human.

the problem with your "theory" is that its not actually a theory, a theory is build around known facts, so that in a way the theory connects the dots... so to speak. or in other works, a theory is invented to explain the facts that are known. what you are doing is the complete opposite, your creating facts to support your theory. also, you are ignoring ALOT of the actual lore to maintain the integrity of your theory, if you actually do read the known lore, your whole theory falls a part in a nano-second.

PS: this is not an attack against you, nor is it intented to be hostile.

Edited by Kal_Jerico

It's a shame. You picked a bad day to post on general discussion, my friend. People deserve to see and read this, it's pretty amazing. Instead, it's most likely going to be buried by threads of people cheering on their faction or threads complaining about "unfair" rewards. Regardless, thank you for this beautiful piece of work, it is much appreciated.

no offence buddy.... but your making some SERIOUS assumptions. a theory is usually based on known facts, but in this case there are non.

1. Dark Sector is NOT part of warframe lore, there for nothing in it can be used in a theory about warframe.

Error, It has been stated several times by DE in their Livestreams that Hayden Tenno is in fact, the first tenno. Dark Sector is, somehow connected with Warframe , seen by fans and most popular beliefs as a "glimpse" of the past of Warframe´s story.

See Livestream 10, where DE confirms Hayden to be infected with one of the first forms of Technocyte, becoming in the process the first Tenno.  

DE is very scarce with the details about this, so we speculate

Also, long ago back in January, closed beta days for us veterans, I remember another Live (  maybe livestream 3 or 4, cant be specific here) where Steve Sinclair confirms the link between both franchises, where Dark Sector takes an important role to understand the future of Warframe and his lore.

Edited by Eversor

1. Dark Sector is NOT part of warframe lore, there for nothing in it can be used in a theory about warframe.

2. its already stated in the lore about the technocyte that it was created by the Orokin in their war against the "sentients", so again, that debunks the voyager theory.

3. a virus cannot survive in the vacuum of space. on top of that, for evolution to have any effect the virus would need to multiply in one form or another, be it through infection etc. a spore in a vacuum of space with no organic matter to infetc would not be able to "evolve", at best it would be basically "frozen in stasis"

4. the voyager probe wasnt designd to land, its a probe. only way for the probe to come in contact with  organic matter for the virus to use, it would need to crash to a planet, if that happened, the whole thing would have burn up in re-entry, virus included.

5. a computer program cannot overwrite DNA, on top of that, the voyagers programming wouldnt know what DNA is to begin with. also remeber, that the logic of the voyager was not "intelligent" in any way, nor could it become one.

6. about the Orokin ships... you can tell ALOT about the Orokin from their ship construction.

- they have atmosphere suited for humans. a virus that evolved in space would have no need for it.

- orokin ships have gravity. again, an organism that evolved in space, would not need gravity, infact, any organism that had evolved in space, as in an enviroment that has no gravity would be fatally injured should it ever enter a gravity well.

- they have hallways, windows, elevators and controll panels, all of them the type and form suited for a life form like humans. for example, the hight of a elevator controll panel gives as an idea about the physical form that panel was meant to be used by. all in all, the orokin ships were meant to have a crew that operated it.

all in all, nothing about the Orokin ships suggest anything other than.... that Orokin were human.

the problem with your "theory" is that its not actually a theory, a theory is build around known facts, so that in a way the theory connects the dots... so to speak. or in other works, a theory is invented to explain the facts that are known. what you are doing is the complete opposite, your creating facts to support your theory. also, you are ignoring ALOT of the actual lore to maintain the integrity of your theory, if you actually do read the known lore, your whole theory falls a part in a nano-second.

PS: this is not an attack against you, nor is it intented to be hostile.

I respect you opinion and I always like debating, but I know the science, Im studying astronomy, physics, chemistry, etc. I know that a virus could not survive in the vacuum of space, but this is not just any virus, (it would help to know more about the technocyte plague, its genome, survival insticts and such DE) it is partly technologically implanted, which allows it to bind with the technology of the Voyager probe. Please undersatnd this is HIGHLY  hypothetical im am making now solid accusations.

I imply that a worker on Earth during the time of the Cold War, came into contact with the technocyte plague, or in some way the technocyte got into the probe during it's manufacturing. Then it was launched into space.

I dunno why the DE said that the Orokin created the technocyte, cuz in Dark Sector, which BTW is part of Warframe lore, it states that WE made the Plague.

I dont know what the original Orokin probe looks like, it could be completely different from the other Towers. What i think is that after creating the first sentient beings using Hayden Tenno's DNA, the Cranius made smaller human like drones that look like humans, that way the new tenno would not be frightened by odd looking spaceships, and drones. This could be in extension the Cranius' making appeals to Human's architectural loves, like gold.

Hope you read this and hope it changes your mind, I just like to think about game lore and mysteries.

I respect you opinion and I always like debating, but I know the science, Im studying astronomy, physics, chemistry, etc. I know that a virus could not survive in the vacuum of space, but this is not just any virus, (it would help to know more about the technocyte plague, its genome, survival insticts and such DE) it is partly technologically implanted, which allows it to bind with the technology of the Voyager probe. Please undersatnd this is HIGHLY  hypothetical im am making now solid accusations.

I imply that a worker on Earth during the time of the Cold War, came into contact with the technocyte plague, or in some way the technocyte got into the probe during it's manufacturing. Then it was launched into space.

I dunno why the DE said that the Orokin created the technocyte, cuz in Dark Sector, which BTW is part of Warframe lore, it states that WE made the Plague.

I dont know what the original Orokin probe looks like, it could be completely different from the other Towers. What i think is that after creating the first sentient beings using Hayden Tenno's DNA, the Cranius made smaller human like drones that look like humans, that way the new tenno would not be frightened by odd looking spaceships, and drones. This could be in extension the Cranius' making appeals to Human's architectural loves, like gold.

Hope you read this and hope it changes your mind, I just like to think about game lore and mysteries.

ok say the technocyte virus is not just any virus, still.. the lore does say the technocyte was created by the Orokin, no way around that. but for the sake of argument, even if we disregard the lore and assume it was made by man in the 20th century. a virus doesnt just pick and choose who it infects, for it to reach the voyager you would have had a MASSIVE outbreak all along USA. most importantly, lets not forget that we actually KNOW what the technocyte virus does, we have all seen its effects, its a weapon, not a creator.

you assume the technocyte jumped onboard the Voyager, ok, but what logical conclusions brought you to this, what facts do you have that actually support the theory?

and about human life on earth, you assume the... "probe" created it, again... what is this based on? the technocyte being the Orokin... how did you arrive to this conclusion?

dont get me wrong, i love thinking about stuff like this too, i love analyzing available information in the hopes of finding something interesting, i too make theories about lore etc. but i ALWAYS stick to the facts at hand, and every theory i make is based on facts, i do make assumption, but only if facts indicate that they are possible.

i also do respect your active imagination, as i share that trait with you. but the problem is that what iv read about your theory, its sounds more like something you WANT to believe is true, rather than an actual theory. not only because you ignore the known lore that contradicts it, but your complete lack of any supporting facts. because of that, its not really a "theory" as it is pure speculation. in the end you are trying to force Star Trek lore into Warframe even thou it doesnt fit.

i know my words may be abit strong, but im not attacking you. what i do suggest is that if you are as interested as you say about "mysteries", try to examine what we do know, go over every detail of the available information, because in the end... "the truth is in the details". but most importantly a good theory must be supported by known facts, if not... then its nothing more than speculation, and with speculation the problem is that the skys the limit, ANYTHING is possible, its a hole with no bottom that will never give you the truth only more speculation.

for example, i have some theories about the Orokin, but they are based on lore, because of that they are highly incomplete and... slow to process. i could ofcourse go with pure speculation, in which case i could just decide that the Technocyte was made by Eldar from WH40K, or that the Orokin were infact a result of a failed borg assimation. both of those theories are just as likely to be true as your Voyager thing, why, because they all based on speculation and there for equally true. i mean like i said, the skys the limit, and none of it will ever bring us the truth.

i hope i didnt offend you, if i did i am sorry as it was not my intention. im also sorry to say that what you wrote did not change my mind, i do have an open mind, but iv always seen pure speculation as pointless as it never gets you anywhere.

LOL WRONG

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122088-what-is-a-warframe-how-a-tenno-gets-inside-the-suit-and-how-they-capture-corpus-targets/page-3#entry1439312'>This will clear things up.

Don't speak so confidently next time, unless you can back your statements up.

Edited by VegetableBasket

LOL WRONG

This will clear things up.

Don't speak so confidently next time, unless you can back your statements up.

LOL, next time read the thread, your point was made many times over.

and LOL, next time have something to add to the topic instead of not reading anything and making useless comments LOL.

and LOL, of everything that was written, your limited intellect was only able to quote that... LOL

and... LOL...

The Orokin are the Tenno, in the past. It's why we vow to never again cause imbalance, because it destroyed us and everything around us. That's why it's important to us to know patience and opportunity.

It's also why we are in Cryopods, because we froze ourselves to be later awakened once the Lotus program deemed it safe enough for us to emerge. Once we did, we awoke to a system full of strife and realized our past mistakes are the reasons for this warped future. We made our presence known, and our abilities, to both factions that rose from our ashes. Even still, our greatest weapon runs rampant on these new diverse cultures and we find great honor in bringing peace to those "infested" by our plague.

We have learned much, yet we still have much to learn.

-------

At least this is how I view it

Also I'm pretty sure there is an easy way to sex change in the future, so most of the suits really do affect your physiology which is pretty much confirmed when Alad V tells us we have no eyes, meaning we pretty much plug-in Neural Sensors and who knows what else or WHERE else into/on to our bodies. Which is a pretty awesome concept actually.

Edited by FoxRabbit

LOL, next time read the thread, your point was made many times over.

and LOL, next time have something to add to the topic instead of not reading anything and making useless comments LOL.

and LOL, of everything that was written, your limited intellect was only able to quote that... LOL

and... LOL...

He gave something to go on. All you're doing is blabbering, on your own theory. He's backing up his statement. Don't need to be rude. LOL#neverdoubttheworm

I love reading and like writing quite a bit, so at one point I considered writing some fanfic for WF but decided to just research and wait til the lore is more established, to avoid too much guesswork.

Will leave 2 interesting things (IMHO) I found on the interwebs:

- The fictional Orokin Dominion of Abanao was founded in Oct 16th 2006, and ceased to exist on Oct 25th 2013, when it had a population of 7.144 billion. Excerpt- The Orokin Dominion of Abanao is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lotus with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Source: www.nationstates.net

- A background on the Orokin race from the Dreamlands campaign: http://explodingdice.com/?p=97

No one's curiosity remotely tickled by an Orokin nation ruled by Lotus created in 2006?