Give completionists a chance to hit the cap of current Nightwave

Hello, 3 days ago I found out nightwave series 3 will end 24th of January (finally...), I played this whole series, and I'm actually at rank 151, when series will end I will be at rank 161/180 by doing every single weekly acts and most of daily ones.

So where is the problem there?
Well the only way left to earn more standing is killing cephalites, those enemies can randomly spawn during missions, the time is really random, but it seems there might be a consistency of getting a glass fissure every 25 minutes approximately. Each "wave" from a glass fissure is worth 150 total standing, considering I would need get 19 more nw ranks, it means I need 19*10000 total standing, so I have to clear 1267 total glass fissures to hit the cap.

Now considering on average I manage to get 750 standing (5 waves) in 3 hours, how many hours will be needed to hit the cap? Around 760 hours!!!

unknown.png

So please buff the standing gained from cephalites, like 1000 or 1500 from each glass fissure wave, or some other ways you might think of.
Of course before this series will end, not much time left...

Edited by Radu10
typos
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Hello, 3 days ago I found out nightwave series 3 will end 24th of January (finally...), I played this whole series, and I'm actually at rank 151, when series will end I will be at rank 161/180 by doing every single weekly acts and most of daily ones.

Well the only way left to earn more standing is killing cephalites, those enemies can randomly spawn during missions, the time is really random, but it seems thre might be a consistency of getting a glass fissure every 25 minutes approximately. Each "wave from a glass fissure is worth 150 total standing, considering I would need get 19 more nw ranks, it means I need 19*10000 total standing, so I have to clear 1267 total glass fissures to hit the cap.

Now considering on average I manage to get 750 standing (5 waves) in 3 hours, how many hours will be needed to hit the cap? Around 760 hours!!!

unknown.png

So please buff the standing gained from cephalites, like 1000 or 1500 from each glass fissure wave, or some other ways you might think of.

A lot of people got irritated each time they reached the cap. So, don't ask for the ability to reach the cap. Asking for a buff to standing gain is really just asking for more rewards and that does not really seems like something they would want to implement.

• Like 4

Edit: Content in this post was made under a misinterpretation of the Rank Cap numbers

Considering where I am, and the amount of Cephs I've killed, I can estimate that at least 50 entire prestige ranks prior to the cap have been tied exclusively to the Cephalite spawns (beyond task-completion standing).

At some 25 minutes or so between Glass Fissure spawns on a global timer, that's 500,000 standing / 150 per fissure (assuming nothing is 'lost' through shenanigans like Volatile Runners) * 25 minutes = 83,333 minutes of Fissure activity - or approximately 1389 hours / 58 days of game time in attendance.

That is Not Okay. That is what the Nightwave system was supposed to solve from Alerts: Requiring you to sit in the game at all times in deference to a global timer outside of your personal control, and not tracked ingame at all. You can easily miss spawns if you're not spending the actual time in missions, consistently. Every extraction is a potential to have wasted almost half an hour if that's just when it happened to spawn before you got situated into a new mission.

1 hour ago, PhiThagRaid said:

A lot of people got irritated each time they reached the cap. So, don't ask for the ability to reach the cap. Asking for a buff to standing gain is really just asking for more rewards and that does not really seems like something they would want to implement.

Extending the cap due to task standing is fine. Extending it due to ancillary 'bonus' standing gains is absolutely not.

Edited by TheLexiConArtist
whoopsie doodle
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

In other series people reached the cap like last week, you could check the total rank with all acts from this tracker website: Warframe Worldstate Tracker: Track Nightwave, Invasions, Cetus, Fortuna, The Necralisk, Acolytes, Events, the Cambion Drift and more. (auron.co.uk)

You can clearly see the max rank reported here is 160 with extra 9500 standing

unknown.png

Also idc about rewards, I'm in a really good spot, where I have all I need, and don't even know what to buy with nw creds, but as completionist I simply want hit the max available rank, and I'm not alone, there are people who plays the same way and want achieve same goals, so if not giving a way to get more standing, other way would be extend this series more and we all know nobody wants that...

Edited by Radu10
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

They always extend it by 30, if it were to end at 150 you'd be asking for it to be increased to 180.

Only if I was sure when the series ended, and last week total acts would be enough to hit the new cap

Edited by Radu10

Edit: Content in this post was made under a misinterpretation of Rank Cap numbers. 

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

They always extend it by 30, if it were to end at 150 you'd be asking for it to be increased to 180.

I've completed every task so far and murdered a fairly decent number of Cephalites during my 'quality over quantity' game time investment. Yet I'm only at 134. I genuinely thought the cap was 150 and DE's wording on the last cap-raise was just awkward until I was looking at responses in the ending thread, and 150 would still have been out of reach for me by tasks alone.

So unless I've been missing a ton of Extra Bonus Tasks that were improperly telegraphed as available, that's a lot of 'expected' time-wasting on glass enemy farming I can't realistically claw back.

whoopsie doodle
  • Like 2

And I've just realised that I might actually be on track with what should be expected.

I thought '180 cap' was 180 prestige ranks. Not the sum total. Goddamn confusing ambiguous number values.

Someone clarify for me which is accurate before my skull implodes in revolt.

Since the Nightwave is currently the only (practical) source of Nitain (among other things), there simply has to be a possibility to get more standing (in order to get more Nitain). This wasn't the case in one of the previous Nightwave iterations, which meant that unfortunate players maxing out standing (and having no cred left) was left Nitain-locked (for a couple of months, if I remember correctly).

My point: it is not meant to be maxed, there has to be room to do "more" (even if you have done "everything" up until now).

In fact it could just as well be completely uncapped, since that would be better both functionally and logically. If anyone feels the urge to farm cephalites for hundreds of hours in order to get a little more cred, who cares. It is the cap that is the (logical & functional) problem, especially with an event that absolutely nobody knows when it will actually end (including DE, until a final decision is made some weeks in advance of "the ending").

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

Since the Nightwave is currently the only (practical) source of Nitain (among other things), there simply has to be a possibility to get more standing (in order to get more Nitain). This wasn't the case in one of the previous Nightwave iterations, which meant that unfortunate players maxing out standing (and having no cred left) was left Nitain-locked (for a couple of months, if I remember correctly).

My point: it is not meant to be maxed, there has to be room to do "more" (even if you have done "everything" up until now).

In fact it could just as well be completely uncapped, since that would be better both functionally and logically. If anyone feels the urge to farm cephalites for hundreds of hours in order to get a little more cred, who cares. It is the cap that is the (logical & functional) problem, especially with an event that absolutely nobody knows when it will actually end (including DE, until a final decision is made some weeks in advance of "the ending").

But other 2 series and intermissions this room wasn't there, and I never complained about it personally...

I would prefer an endless rank system, with no numbers, just getting more creds from it, so I wouldn't desire get the max number value in that screen

Edited by Radu10
  • Like 3
Just now, Graavarg said:

But I did... 🙂

Yeah so both ways aren't the best way of doing this, last time you and others may have complained, now me and others will do.

None is correct, none is wrong, a midground solution seems be needed

11 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

And I've just realised that I might actually be on track with what should be expected.

I thought '180 cap' was 180 prestige ranks. Not the sum total. Goddamn confusing ambiguous number values.

Someone clarify for me which is accurate before my skull implodes in revolt.

150 prestige ranks, so which rank are you at right now? My point still valid, 'cause as I said I killed a lot of cephalites and did all possible acts during the series, and still it will not be enough 'cause I had to farm more cephalites during the event, and DE never told me I had to do that to hit the final cap they set...

Realizing that 2 weeks before series end also didn't help.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

150 prestige ranks, so which rank are you at right now? My point still valid, 'cause as I said I killed a lot of cephalites and did all possible acts during the series, and still it will not be enough 'cause I had to farm more cephalites during the event, and DE never told me I had to do that to hit the final cap they set...

Realizing that 2 weeks before series end also didn't help.

Prestige 134. So I can hit 147 just through remaining tasks? Hell, maybe I can actually cap out after all. Time to go lurk around in missions until Nora shows up for the next two weeks!

That's still something on the order of 83 hours of Glass Fissure waiting time, though..

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Prestige 134. So I can hit 147 just through remaining tasks? Hell, maybe I can actually cap out after all. Time to go lurk around in missions until Nora shows up for the next two weeks!

If you did all tasks from this week and you only need do tasks that will be available next 2 weeks,you will hit 142/143 wit them

So you have to farm still 70k/80k to hit the cap, so 534 glass fissures, and average time needed will be around 320 hours

Edited by Radu10
1 minute ago, Radu10 said:

If you did all tasks from this week and you only need do tasks will be available next 2 weeks,you will hit 142/143 wit tasks

So you have to farm still 70k/80k to hit the cap, so 534 glass fissures, and average time needed will be around 320 hours

And that's what I get for looking at external sites and trusting what they say without thinking. Stupid thing you linked telling me 13 are available.

1 minute ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

And that's what I get for looking at external sites and trusting what they say without thinking. Stupid thing you linked telling me 13 are available.

It still includes the acts from this week, but I already done them first day they appeared

No, no need to extend it or increase standing gain due to "completionists" since a complete nightwave is intended to be rank 30. Everything else is optional and adds no statistic or anything. And the word prestige would kinda kill it if they suddenly increase the standing gain this far in.

180 ranks is simply a buffer by the looks of it, so they dont have to add to it over and over.

Just let the poor thing finaly die.

• Like 7
Just now, Radu10 said:

It still includes the acts from this week, but I already done them first day they appeared

I realised that in hindsight. But since weeklies are recoverable anyway, I assumed it was only counting things that are yet to roll in at all.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Radu10 said:

Well the only way left to earn more standing is killing cephalites, those enemies can randomly spawn during missions, the time is really random, but it seems there might be a consistency of getting a glass fissure every 25 minutes approximately. Each "wave" from a glass fissure is worth 150 total standing, considering I would need get 19 more nw ranks, it means I need 19*10000 total standing, so I have to clear 1267 total glass fissures to hit the cap.

unknown.png

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No, no need to extend it or increase standing gain due to "completionists" since a complete nightwave is intended to be rank 30. Everything else is optional and adds no statistic or anything. And the word prestige would kinda kill it if they suddenly increase the standing gain this far in.

180 ranks is simply a buffer by the looks of it, so they dont have to add to it over and over.

Just let the poor thing finaly die.

It was also OPTIONAL on previous series, but you could phisically hit that rank doing all acts, and was good, you could feel rewarded for having played the whole series and didn't left a single act behind.

Now it's impossible unless we could predict the end date of series and spammed farming cephalites; if we had an end date from the start people who wanted invest time trying reach the cap could have planned how many cephalites had to be done and set a weekly goal, having probably enough time 

Your point would be valid if after rank 30 there was no number telling you which rank you are at, but there is and that value is a "statistic" indeed, even if some players do not care about it.

Edited by Radu10
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

It was also OPTIONAL on previous series, but you could phisically hit that rank doing all acts, and was good, you could feel rewarder for having played the whole series and didn't left a single act behind.

Now it's impossible unless we could predict the end date of series and spammed farming cephalites; if we had an end date from the start people who wanted invest time trying reach the cap could have planned how many cephalites had to be done and set a weekly goal, having probably enough time 

Your point would be valid if after rank 30 there was no number telling you which rank you are at, but there is and that value is a "statistic" indeed, even if some players do not care about it.

Yeah but that is because they simply safeguarded this time by adding far more ranks, that doesnt mean that you need to hit them, it just means DE put them there so they didnt have to patch again incase people hit the mark, or have people go without extra ranks after hitting it. The reason we could hit it during previous NWs was because not nearly as many extra ranks were added to them. The last intermission was the first time they added extra ranks more than once iirc.

FYI we've also known that late january would be the end for this NW since well before x-mas. The official post a little while ago was not the first time they said it.

It isnt a statistic unless it sticks around, which it wont do. Only you will know it when NW ends.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah but that is because they simply safeguarded this time by adding far more ranks, that doesnt mean that you need to hit them, it just means DE put them there so they didnt have to patch again incase people hit the mark, or have people go without extra ranks after hitting it. The reason we could hit it during previous NWs was because not nearly as many extra ranks were added to them. The last intermission was the first time they added extra ranks more than once iirc.

FYI we've also known that late january would be the end for this NW since well before x-mas. The official post a little while ago was not the first time they said it.

It isnt a statistic unless it sticks around, which it wont do. Only you will know it when NW ends.

You never pressed "tune in" in nw menu?

I suggest you hitting it

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That's no excuse. We know it had a cap, therefore we want to reach it. They extended but did not unlimit the cap, therefore we should be able to achieve the new limit.

1 hour ago, Radu10 said:

I would prefer an endless rank system, with no numbers, just getting more creds from it, so I wouldn't desire get the max number value in that screen

Okay, so if you were to just pretend that the number didn't exist, you would be happy? The 180 cap makes it effectively endless due to 180 being unreachable(by what you have stated). Making it 100% endless would make some sense, yet is not needed as long as the cap is slightly higher than the absolute maximum you can reach. This cap is most likely still in place to prevent people exploiting the endless nature. I have seen screenshots with people having millions of points due to exploits, thus without a cap they would gain all the creds from the exploit, with the cap(which should be impossible to reach) the damage caused by the exploit is limited.

If you were playing the game without looking up what the cap is, then you would've never known there was a cap (if they had the 180 ranks planned out from the start and not slowly added them due to the slow pace of NWS3).

Edited by PhiThagRaid