Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give completionists a chance to hit the cap of current Nightwave

Radu10

12 hours ago, Radu10 said:

Even if done 2 months ago, it would have been impossible this time, like I posted I would need 760 hours farming cephalites (probably a lot more 2 months ago so let's say 800 hours), with a consistent spawn rate (it's not), you could manage do that in 2 months?

Also you saying they do more important stuff instead of lose 5 minutes fix this, well it seems you don't check changelogs so often and the bugs reported weeks before updates...

Every patch so many fix for "useless" stuff when there are reported bugs weeks before with an highly priority to be solved. Some of them still unfixed this day.

Do you know if you get the same recovered act in nightwave twice it appears on the warframe application but you can't see it ingame and can't complete it so u need wait next week, so new act appears and that one isn't duplicated anymore so it shows up as intended. And guess what, people reported it myself included during intermission 2, and still UNFIXED!

I also do not want mention railjack, to get you lose more points on this argument about DE's priority in patching things...

I'm saying you should have voiced the "concern" two months ago when the last 60 ranks were added along with the plan to end it in Jan being revealed. But you waited until after the very final date announcement which gave you only a single week less of time to complete it. So if it was important to you, why did you wait until the last minute?

I think you also fail to grasp that certain bugs are easier to fix than others, or simply less important. Also, when did I say anything about fixes? I said "important stuff, that wont disappear in 2 weeks". Kinda hilarious though that you complain about bug fixing but still want to take more time away from it by having them do something completely pointless to something that is removed very very soon. That logic is interstellar.

36 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm saying you should have voiced the "concern" two months ago when the last 60 ranks were added along with the plan to end it in Jan being revealed. But you waited until after the very final date announcement which gave you only a single week less of time to complete it. So if it was important to you, why did you wait until the last minute?

I think you also fail to grasp that certain bugs are easier to fix than others, or simply less important. Also, when did I say anything about fixes? I said "important stuff, that wont disappear in 2 weeks". Kinda hilarious though that you complain about bug fixing but still want to take more time away from it by having them do something completely pointless to something that is removed very very soon. That logic is interstellar.

Yeah, 'cause it's a thing that will be now or never, other stuff can be fixed in the future still (and the rank score will still be visible), I already sent a ticket about cephalites dropping low standing and spawn not so frequently months ago, but I do not have say that to you...

So stop assuming for a while

10 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Yeah, 'cause it's a thing that will be now or never, other stuff can be fixed in the future still (and the rank score will still be visible), I already sent a ticket about cephalites dropping low standing and spawn not so frequently months ago, but I do not have say that to you...

So stop assuming for a while

Chances are those tickets are ignored, since that isnt what the ticket system is for. You should have used the feedback forum months and months ago, especially when the last ranks were added and you obviously saw it wasnt achievable. And just because it is a now or never thing doesnt mean it should be done. NW is over, it was over with the introduction of the Nihil fight. Most people just want intermission or a new NW series, and not have time wasted on the current one that is already done.

I mean, this thing isnt an actual issue or problem, because we dont lose out on anything in the end. I would understand you if there was something at the very end to be obtained or unlocked, but there isnt. No leaderboards or anything, just you and a number that only you can ever see in the end, something you also need to actively decide to look at for one reason or another, reasons that totally escapes me.

42 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Chances are those tickets are ignored, since that isnt what the ticket system is for. You should have used the feedback forum months and months ago, especially when the last ranks were added and you obviously saw it wasnt achievable. And just because it is a now or never thing doesnt mean it should be done. NW is over, it was over with the introduction of the Nihil fight. Most people just want intermission or a new NW series, and not have time wasted on the current one that is already done.

I mean, this thing isnt an actual issue or problem, because we dont lose out on anything in the end. I would understand you if there was something at the very end to be obtained or unlocked, but there isnt. No leaderboards or anything, just you and a number that only you can ever see in the end, something you also need to actively decide to look at for one reason or another, reasons that totally escapes me.

Usually I solved things and issues with the ticket system, and never solved anything on forum beside had to read comments by triggered for no reasons people like you in this case ('cause you know, if I don't care about a post I simply move on other posts)

So you want the intermission so bad? It will be nw credits spam with no rewards just like we are doing those prestige ranks now, you should be hyped for next series, not the intermission.

You say that's just something I can go look at, but the point is DE created a menu to check those numbers, so i should ask for them remove that menu? 

Also what if they decide put those rank scores in the profile stats in the future? I got plenty of reasons, and there are people who has/had same thoughts about this, so comment only if you care like us, otherwise go do something else or find other posts, 'cause you said enough in this discussion, and I do not make posts to see random players comment, my goal is a lot simpler, report an issue me and some other players may have and hope DE will see it, comment about it. Ofc there are other opinions about this, but I do not made the post to get a collections of such opinions

20 minutes ago, (PSN)ThirdColor said:

I hope there will be an option to finish the prestige tier of last season, instead of new intermission.

For those who want perfection.

Yeah I was thinking if they just let people use universal medallions to get high ranks on previous series/intermissions, even with no rewards from doing it just the rank number going higher. So if completionists like us want those caps can go farm those medallions just for it

8 hours ago, Radu10 said:

Usually I solved things and issues with the ticket system, and never solved anything on forum beside had to read comments by triggered for no reasons people like you in this case ('cause you know, if I don't care about a post I simply move on other posts)

So you want the intermission so bad? It will be nw credits spam with no rewards just like we are doing those prestige ranks now, you should be hyped for next series, not the intermission.

You say that's just something I can go look at, but the point is DE created a menu to check those numbers, so i should ask for them remove that menu? 

Also what if they decide put those rank scores in the profile stats in the future? I got plenty of reasons, and there are people who has/had same thoughts about this, so comment only if you care like us, otherwise go do something else or find other posts, 'cause you said enough in this discussion, and I do not make posts to see random players comment, my goal is a lot simpler, report an issue me and some other players may have and hope DE will see it, comment about it. Ofc there are other opinions about this, but I do not made the post to get a collections of such opinions

Yeah, getting things solved through a ticket is one thing, but it is often not the place for feedback. And I'm kinda wondering who is triggered in this case since someone cannot keep this very civil. And where did you get the idea I dont care about the post? I simply stated my opinion regarding the subject, which happened to disagree with yours, that is just life. This is something that would impact both of us once way or another, and others aswell.

It depends on the intermission, if it is a short 15 or a 30 rank one. If it is 30 atleast it will have a Umbra Forma. And even if not, the currency steps are more beneficial pre-prestige, so I can get some more catalysts.

No, not saying it should be removed, just saying I dont get the importance of the number, since it isnt something public, nor competative. It is something just for you.

If something like that comes in the future it will be an issue then. And as I said, you need to accept difference in opinion from other players, DE needs to weigh those in aswell since it impacts those players aswell. Like I highlighted that it would likely mean that the console players would miss out on this incase changes were made now. It is a thing to consider among all other things. And then there is the fact that time is taken away from other projects to "solve" this "issue" since we cannot expect these changes to get done in spare time, not to mention that it will likely consume time by simply being discussed etc. before being implemented or rejected.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah, getting things solved through a ticket is one thing, but it is often not the place for feedback. And I'm kinda wondering who is triggered in this case since someone cannot keep this very civil. And where did you get the idea I dont care about the post? I simply stated my opinion regarding the subject, which happened to disagree with yours, that is just life. This is something that would impact both of us once way or another, and others aswell.

It depends on the intermission, if it is a short 15 or a 30 rank one. If it is 30 atleast it will have a Umbra Forma. And even if not, the currency steps are more beneficial pre-prestige, so I can get some more catalysts.

No, not saying it should be removed, just saying I dont get the importance of the number, since it isnt something public, nor competative. It is something just for you.

If something like that comes in the future it will be an issue then. And as I said, you need to accept difference in opinion from other players, DE needs to weigh those in aswell since it impacts those players aswell. Like I highlighted that it would likely mean that the console players would miss out on this incase changes were made now. It is a thing to consider among all other things. And then there is the fact that time is taken away from other projects to "solve" this "issue" since we cannot expect these changes to get done in spare time, not to mention that it will likely consume time by simply being discussed etc. before being implemented or rejected.

Yeah so best thing to do i guess is remove that numers score entirely, or let completionist increase that number later on even when series ended (just the number, no rewards from them) 

14 hours ago, Radu10 said:

Yeah so best thing to do i guess is remove that numers score entirely, or let completionist increase that number later on even when series ended (just the number, no rewards from them) 

Yeah, I think they should rework how the prestige is implemented in future nightwaves. Simply make it endless with no rank number, that they can activate when they know if the NW series is heavily exploited or not regarding standing gain. They've been very careful in the past, which we can see by the massive difference in prestige ranks between IM2 and the current GM series. Where IM2, which was one long ass intermission, had 90 ranks, while GM now has 180 by the end of it.

In such a case they could add 30, 30 and then when they see it isnt exploited and that the series will last a good while longer they can just slap on the endless ranks. It would require a single rework and cover all future NWs and all platforms in one go.

On 2021-01-09 at 9:54 PM, SneakyErvin said:

And I'm fairly sure you knew that they would release ranks that werent achievable, since it was known the same day that the last ranks were added. People should have done the math then and not now 2 weeks prior to NW ending. Guess that it wasnt really a high priority in the first place if you guys didnt bother until around 2 months later to raise the "concern" about it. Because I dont think it took nearly 2 months to come up with the math.

Just wanted to add that the last time ranks were added, it was only announced that NW would end 'In January'. Considering that dates given by DE usually come with the asterisk of 'The Last Possible Date We Can Somehow Justify', I felt pretty confident that I can finish at 180 in the week ending January 31st.

That they now end it one week earlier irks me a bit, especially since it's apparently followed by a few days/weeks of no NW at all.

Also, how about being less sanctimonious.

4 hours ago, thebigMuh said:

Just wanted to add that the last time ranks were added, it was only announced that NW would end 'In January'. Considering that dates given by DE usually come with the asterisk of 'The Last Possible Date We Can Somehow Justify', I felt pretty confident that I can finish at 180 in the week ending January 31st.

That they now end it one week earlier irks me a bit, especially since it's apparently followed by a few days/weeks of no NW at all.

Also, how about being less sanctimonious.

1 week shouldnt make much of a difference since as the OP points out, he'll be at 161/180 when it ends, having done all acts throughout the series. You are looking at 165 or 166 if you had the week leading up to Jan 31 aswell. That would still be 140 to 150k to grind on glass enemies, which means it would have been better to cover that last week with grinding aswell when planning for it incase you were serious about finishing the 180 ranks. Or if you will just be around 40k away, then you have close to two weeks to finish it up by grinding glass enemies, which would be around 3000 standing needed per day.

And reading their forum posts about it, Intermission 3 should start the same day it seems.

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

1 week shouldnt make much of a difference since as the OP points out, he'll be at 161/180 when it ends, having done all acts throughout the series. You are looking at 165 or 166 if you had the week leading up to Jan 31 aswell. That would still be 140 to 150k to grind on glass enemies, which means it would have been better to cover that last week with grinding aswell when planning for it incase you were serious about finishing the 180 ranks. Or if you will just be around 40k away, then you have close to two weeks to finish it up by grinding glass enemies, which would be around 3000 standing needed per day.

Without calculating any of the random spawns, I will end up 37000 reputation short of 180 on January 24th. One week of NW yields 43500 reputation, so an additional week would be enough to finish comfortably.

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And reading their forum posts about it, Intermission 3 should start the same day it seems.

I'll quote from the official Nightwave 3 end date announcement post:

When Nightwave Series 3 has concluded, there will be a small pause, and then we shall move into another Nightwave Intermission

On 2021-01-09 at 11:12 AM, Radu10 said:

Hello, 3 days ago I found out nightwave series 3 will end 24th of January (finally...), I played this whole series, and I'm actually at rank 151, when series will end I will be at rank 161/180 by doing every single weekly acts and most of daily ones.

unknown.png

So please buff the standing gained from cephalites, like 1000 or 1500 from each glass fissure wave, or some other ways you might think of.
Of course before this series will end, not much time left...

Edited Saturday at 11:43 AM by Radu10

So where is the problem there?
Well the only way left to earn more standing is killing cephalites, those enemies can randomly spawn during missions, the time is really random, but it seems there might be a consistency of getting a glass fissure every 25 minutes approximately. Each "wave" from a glass fissure is worth 150 total standing, considering I would need get 19 more nw ranks, it means I need 19*10000 total standing, so I have to clear 1267 total glass fissures to hit the cap.

Now considering on average I manage to get 750 standing (5 waves) in 3 hours, how many hours will be needed to hit the cap? Around 760 hours!!!

unknown.png

So please buff the standing gained from cephalites, like 1000 or 1500 from each glass fissure wave, or some other ways you might think of.
Of course before this series will end, not much time left...

Hate to break this to you, but rank 30+150 is absolutely reachable with not very much additional farming.

I am currently at rank 30+143, 9350/10000 standing, with 12K standing left in this week's tasks (1 elite + 5 dailies). There's another 43500 standing in next week's tasks, leaving just over 5K in cephalite resonance to get over the next (almost) 2 weeks if I want to reach the cap. Worth noting that I missed some of the dailies over the season because I didn't feel like doing them.

So the problem isn't that the cap is unreachable (although it should be) - it's that you haven't been playing the game enough to reach it.

1 minute ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Hate to break this to you, but rank 30+150 is absolutely reachable with not very much additional farming.

I am currently at rank 30+143, 9350/10000 standing, with 12K standing left in this week's tasks (1 elite + 5 dailies). There's another 43500 standing in next week's tasks, leaving just over 5K in cephalite resonance to get over the next (almost) 2 weeks if I want to reach the cap. Worth noting that I missed some of the dailies over the season because I didn't feel like doing them.

So the problem isn't that the cap is unreachable (although it should be) - it's that you haven't been playing the game enough to reach it.

Nah that's not it, it just means you did a lot of endless missions and had the chance to kill more cephalites during all this season, point still is with only acts we barely hit rank 160, and to get the extra 20 ranks left people had to kill a total of 1334 fissures (800 hours spent in long missions so they have chance to spawn), while doing all daily and weekly, I also missed some dailys but i barely recovered them with cephalites i killed. This time is "a lot" harder hit the cap for most, know this for sure.

8 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Nah that's not it, it just means you did a lot of endless missions and had the chance to kill more cephalites during all this season, point still is with only acts we barely hit rank 160, and to get the extra 20 ranks left people had to kill a total of 1334 fissures (800 hours spent in long missions so they have chance to spawn), while doing all daily and weekly, I also missed some dailys but i barely recovered them with cephalites i killed. This time is "a lot" harder hit the cap for most, know this for sure.

It means that I played the game throughout the season, not just in the last few weeks.

I didn't do all that many long endless missions - only did a bunch immediately after Steel Path came out (farming SE for the operator suit and ephemera) and a few longer runs after Arcana came out  to get some stuff from the bounty rewards.

The truth is that glasses enemies spawn all over the place all the time - in both long and short missions (that's why people find them so annoying), and you end up getting a huge amount of NW standing from just killing them whenever they do. So if you've actually been playing the game, then you should not be that far away from the cap.

Now, if you haven't been playing the game much (just doing the tasks and not much else) - then it's a different situation. Then you will indeed be a long way off the cap and will unlikely be able to reach it. But you will still get all the unique rewards (those end at rank 30). And why would you expect to be able to hit the cap without playing the game all that much?

As for the fissure numbers - you neglected to mention that the season will end up being 258 days long, during a worldwide pandemic when a lot of people were forced to sit at home (and therefore had a lot more time to play video games than normal). So the cap seems to be fairly reasonable (considering the situation)

1 hour ago, thebigMuh said:

Without calculating any of the random spawns, I will end up 37000 reputation short of 180 on January 24th. One week of NW yields 43500 reputation, so an additional week would be enough to finish comfortably.

I'll quote from the official Nightwave 3 end date announcement post:

Then you've been doing some pretty heavy glass grinding throughout the season. People that havent killed alot of glass enemies would need 3-4 more weeks roughly to hit it, which I guess is the majority of people. So if they were to delay the end so people can finish it we'd have people already done complaining it was dragged out even more, same deal for those that didnt bother, then a few that would be done in a week and so on. Someone would be upset no matter the decision.

Guessed I missed that. So it will probably come with the following patch after the end of S3.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

Then you've been doing some pretty heavy glass grinding throughout the season.

Never even considered lifting a finger to specifically farm for glassed enemies. If they spawn in a mission I'm in - they die (unless they hide in a corner I wasn't planning to go to). But I've never actually sought them out.

And while I (obviously) don't have any official data, I have seen a LOT of people in public squads who had the Nightwave lander before I did. And while that was quite early in the season, I have no reason to believe that they all stopped getting any NW standing immediately after - meaning that most of them should be at around the same rank as me (or higher) right now.

59 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

It means that I played the game throughout the season, not just in the last few weeks.

I didn't do all that many long endless missions - only did a bunch immediately after Steel Path came out (farming SE for the operator suit and ephemera) and a few longer runs after Arcana came out  to get some stuff from the bounty rewards.

The truth is that glasses enemies spawn all over the place all the time - in both long and short missions (that's why people find them so annoying), and you end up getting a huge amount of NW standing from just killing them whenever they do. So if you've actually been playing the game, then you should not be that far away from the cap.

Now, if you haven't been playing the game much (just doing the tasks and not much else) - then it's a different situation. Then you will indeed be a long way off the cap and will unlikely be able to reach it. But you will still get all the unique rewards (those end at rank 30). And why would you expect to be able to hit the cap without playing the game all that much?

As for the fissure numbers - you neglected to mention that the season will end up being 258 days long, during a worldwide pandemic when a lot of people were forced to sit at home (and therefore had a lot more time to play video games than normal). So the cap seems to be fairly reasonable (considering the situation)

I played it since the start, or i need show you a log of all my game sessions in past 6 months?

40 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Never even considered lifting a finger to specifically farm for glassed enemies. If they spawn in a mission I'm in - they die (unless they hide in a corner I wasn't planning to go to). But I've never actually sought them out.

And while I (obviously) don't have any official data, I have seen a LOT of people in public squads who had the Nightwave lander before I did. And while that was quite early in the season, I have no reason to believe that they all stopped getting any NW standing immediately after - meaning that most of them should be at around the same rank as me (or higher) right now.

Do a "survey" if you are so sure, most of people will tellyou they are around rank 150 if they cared about the whole series

4 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

I played it since the start, or i need show you a log of all my game sessions in past 6 months?

Then you haven't played enough throughout the season - otherwise you would be much closer to the cap than you currently are. All I can say is that I played from the start but never purpose-farmed NW standing (this season) - and I am where I am. So the cap is very much reachable without any purposeful farming on standing.

4 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Do a "survey" if you are so sure, most of people will tellyou they are around rank 150 if they cared about the whole series

I'm not the one here advocating for a change (extending the season or buffing standing gain)! So the burden of proof is not on me - it's on you!

So you can do a "survey" if you like - since you are the one trying to justify something! And if you do - be careful about the methodology! Just asking region chat is unlikely to yield representative results!

And where did you get the number "150" from? If you just do all the daily and weekly tasks (most of which get completed all by themselves if you play the game) you should be at level (35weeks*43.5K/10K=)152 by now from that standing alone (if they purposefully avoided every glassed enemy that spawned over the last 35 weeks). Your original post was talking about "completionists" - anyone who thinks they qualify for that label should have much more standing than that by now!

14 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Then you haven't played enough throughout the season - otherwise you would be much closer to the cap than you currently are. All I can say is that I played from the start but never purpose-farmed NW standing (this season) - and I am where I am. So the cap is very much reachable without any purposeful farming on standing.

I'm not the one here advocating for a change (extending the season or buffing standing gain)! So the burden of proof is not on me - it's on you!

So you can do a "survey" if you like - since you are the one trying to justify something! And if you do - be careful about the methodology! Just asking region chat is unlikely to yield representative results!

And where did you get the number "150" from? If you just do all the daily and weekly tasks (most of which get completed all by themselves if you play the game) you should be at level (35weeks*43.5K/10K=)152 by now from that standing alone (if they purposefully avoided every glassed enemy that spawned over the last 35 weeks). Your original post was talking about "completionists" - anyone who thinks they qualify for that label should have much more standing than that by now!

Here it counted all weeks*43500: Warframe Worldstate Tracker: Track Nightwave, Invasions, Cetus, Fortuna, The Necralisk, Acolytes, Events, the Cambion Drift and more. (auron.co.uk)

I was at 151 last week, after did this week acts I am at 156, also like I said I didn't get so many invasions from glass enemies, only during open world and some survivals, in kuva they don't spawn and during event also not spawn, I left behind 10 or less dailies and barely managed recover points from those with glass enemies (still a lot had considering i needed 10k standing from them), but it's still not enough.

You remember when in Series 2 you could get 3k standing a day doing the boss twice? That series the total standing gained by all weeks was coincident or really close to the cap they set that time. Completionists had just to do all weekly and be done, I even managed reach the cap 2/3 weeks before that time.

Also can you all stop talking about extending the series? I never asked for that in my post, so read more carefully. ( You also need notice next intermission will not start right after, so even that would't hurt anyone)

This series it didn't happen, and how should I have predicted such a change?

I'm not done with this, so yeah will do a survey as well to support my case.

5 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Not sure what that website is, I just counted weeks since May 12th (day Nightwave started) on a calendar. 35*43500/10 can be done on a calculator - no need for a 3rd party website.

10 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Completionists had just to do all weekly and be done,

I think you are confusing "completionists" with "very casual players". A completionist is not someone who expects to get everything from just doing minimal work. A completionist is someone who is willing to put in an extra effort to "fully complete" something - be it at very little tangible reward. And judging from your complaints, you don't sound like one of them.

14 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

This series it didn't happen, and how should I have predicted such a change?

Predicted - no. Prepared - yes!

15 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Also can you all stop talking about extending the series? I never asked for that in my post, so read more carefully. ( You also need notice next intermission will not start right after, so even that would't hurt anyone)

You are asking to buff standing gain by a factor of 10. If anything, this is significantly more impactful than just extending the series!

24 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

I think you are confusing "completionists" with "very casual players". A completionist is not someone who expects to get everything from just doing minimal work. A completionist is someone who is willing to put in an extra effort to "fully complete" something - be it at very little tangible reward. And judging from your complaints, you don't sound like one of them.

So casuals beated each weekly act, and also farmed a ton of standing from the other sources? How do you call people who can't even beat a weekly and they barely reach rank 30/180 when series ends?

24 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Predicted - no. Prepared - yes!

You are asking to buff standing gain by a factor of 10. If anything, this is significantly more impactful than just extending the series!

Me and some others were sure this series would be made similar to other seasons, in terms of total standing gained from weekly acts, which was a lot more close to cap, so I prepared based on how previous seasons have been (I always reached cap on previous series, so why I had to change "my plans" and had to prepare differently this time?). Also in other series people who wanted could manage to farm all missing ranks in last weeks, not possible now 'cause those cephalites are made so u can get 150 every 25 minutes, so it's a lot more time consuming, and that time is not enough anyway...

Well I said that and other better ideas they might have like remove entirely that number value, or let people increase it in the future even with no rewards in exchange, or just increase spawn rate of glass fissures. Imagine if more people can manage get max rank in this series, and be able to buy more nitains, game economy will crash on itself right? ;)

You just seem be one lucky one who will maybe manage get 180, so watch out before calling other casuals, i found more people agreeding with me, and you are the first one saying u will maybe reach it, not enough to convince me otherwise

Archived