Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give completionists a chance to hit the cap of current Nightwave

Radu10

The way DE handled this season was horse.

For people complaining about reaching cap there's an easy solution. DE should've just ended Nightwave at that point. The last extension was horse.

For people complaining "but covid", there's an easy solution. Prioritize Nightwave and dumpster Necramechs.

Like, what was that about 3 month per season, shortish break and onto the next? Maybe I'm repeating myself, but this season was horse. And we thought last intermission was horse...

Am I close to cap? Yeah. Am I salty? I'd say likely. Does it matter here? No.

PS: Insert your word of choice for subpar things in place of horse.

28 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Now it requires 4.5 daily hours... 

It requires 2.5 hours with optimisation and is doable in 4.5 without optimisation. If you optimise something for a specific goal, it tends to take less time! If you don't - then it takes more time!

32 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

What can go wrong in kill those enemies everytime they spawn, which I always did succesfully?

You seem to be getting fewer fissures to spawn (fewer fissures means fewer enemies to kill, hence less standing to gain). The obvious explanation is that you are timing the times you start/finish the missions badly - hence missing a lot of the fissures. Or you might be spending all your time in kuva survivals - one of the three mission types in the game that are not eligible for fissure spawns.

The main issue is not with killing the enemies - it's with actually being in-mission at the (very predictable) times when the fissures appear.

40 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

4 actually

So 4 out of tens of thousands instead of 3 out of tens of thousands? You seem to be grasping at straws here!

42 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

We all did something wrong in a system where you can't even " mess up", you got them spawn and you kill them while you play, simple as that, no way people can fail this even if they wanted, unless they abort on purpose everytime they spawn. Do you realize how stupid you accusing us to fail something like this actually is?

People can fail to do this - since you have! I can only speculate on how you managed to do so - but some possible reasons have already been outlined in my comments above.

41 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Cause this farm is 100% worse than the arcanes one, which you actually hate, oh the hirony!

Where did you see me claim that I hated Eidolon hunting? Your imagination seems to be running wild!

49 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

This nth stupid comment proves DE made a tedious time investing farm, and changed it with this every 6 month event system, so they should do the same for this farm as well by your logic.

Again, you are the only one who thinks this is a "farm". I've been telling you that you can get sufficient standing over time by just playing the game (with very little regard for getting the actual fissures - as long as you kill the glassed enemies that do spawn).

53 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Do some examples, you're way too general! And good luck finding one that requires 600 hours, and a constant 4 hours gameplay at day (it has to be time-limited as well don't forget)

I don't know what goals you set yourself! And I can't say that I care - I'm concerned with my goals, not yours. All I'm saying is that with this particular one you didn't do enough to succeed - through nobody's fault but your own.

1 hour ago, Radu10 said:

like they addressed arcane farm you hate so much

Again, where did you read that I hated the arcane farm? Eidolon hunts area actually one of my favourite in-game activities!

6 minutes ago, 60framespersecond said:

For people complaining about reaching cap there's an easy solution. DE should've just ended Nightwave at that point. The last extension was horse.

Absolutely agree! This season should have ended back in August/September. I suspect that the problem lies with the timing of the next-gen console releases.

DE probably wanted a "proper" season pass to be running during the release window in order to attract more players. But (I suspect) they decided they couldn't get Season 4 ready before the next-get release date - so they chose to stretch out this season to the length it ended up as.

13 minutes ago, 60framespersecond said:

For people complaining "but covid", there's an easy solution. Prioritize Nightwave and dumpster Necramechs.

Covid did make a lot of things more difficult, but I think it's wrong to try to blame all delays on it. Warframe has had plenty of delayed content long before covid struck.

1 hour ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

It requires 2.5 hours with optimisation and is doable in 4.5 without optimisation. If you optimise something for a specific goal, it tends to take less time! If you don't - then it takes more time!

You seem to be getting fewer fissures to spawn (fewer fissures means fewer enemies to kill, hence less standing to gain). The obvious explanation is that you are timing the times you start/finish the missions badly - hence missing a lot of the fissures. Or you might be spending all your time in kuva survivals - one of the three mission types in the game that are not eligible for fissure spawns.

The main issue is not with killing the enemies - it's with actually being in-mission at the (very predictable) times when the fissures appear.

But why I had to plan that much instead of playing regularly like you claim you did?

Why some players had to do that, and others without doing it could achieve the same result?

People can fail to do this - since you have! I can only speculate on how you managed to do so - but some possible reasons have already been outlined in my comments above.

You better stop with this stupid argument unless you say exactly how people can consinstently fail do this.
And what you said above doesn't count considering below you arrogantly affirm it's possible to do by just playing the game. I still didn't found someone that did all weekly and just played the game reaching or being able to reach rank 180 this week.

Everything you say needs be confirmed by someone else like you, and possibly in a more quantity than the ones complaining about this. (number still growing)

So 4 out of tens of thousands instead of 3 out of tens of thousands? You seem to be grasping at straws here!

We still 4 times more than players claiming they reached that rank and agree on how DE managed this nightwave series...
'Cause, you know, nobody is posting a screenshot of 180 like you will (I will ask you for that when this series ends)

Again, you are the only one who thinks this is a "farm". I've been telling you that you can get sufficient standing over time by just playing the game (with very little regard for getting the actual fissures - as long as you kill the glassed enemies that do spawn).

You just told me I had to plan their spawn and playing every day based on that plan, (imagine doing a sortie trying not miss the glass spawning everyday for almost a year as a requirement to this "farm" lol)

Where did you see me claim that I hated Eidolon hunting? Your imagination seems to be running wild!

Again, where did you read that I hated the arcane farm? Eidolon hunts area actually one of my favourite in-game activities!

You had the idea to mention eidolons as a tedious farm comparing them to this nw nosense...

And I proved you eidolons would still took a lot less time to get all arcanes while also being endless with no time-limited unlike a nightwave series.

Idc if you like them or not, I asked for a similar farm to this glass fissure one, where people had rights to complain about it and you mentioned this, not me
So blame that result to your previous action...

54 minutes ago, 60framespersecond said:

The way DE handled this season was horse.

Like, what was that about 3 month per season, shortish break and onto the next? Maybe I'm repeating myself, but this season was horse. And we thought last intermission was horse...

Am I close to cap? Yeah. Am I salty? I'd say likely. Does it matter here? No.

PS: Insert your word of choice for subpar things in place of horse.

I agree, I also wanted this series end in an shorten time, and start next intermission right away or even taking a pause between them, i wanted everything except what we got now actually...
You can also affirm you tried reach the cap but still will not 'cause they handled this season last cap really bad?

If yes then indeed it does matter, considering the other guy keeps claiming if players have failed hitting the cap it's their own fault and not 'cause DE handled this so bad.

The more will comment the more average situation will be clear to blind people, where most completionists still didn't hit the cap. Compared to the only one claiming he will got that rank.

1 minute ago, Radu10 said:

But why I had to plan that much instead of playing regularly like you claim you did?

Because you set yourself the goal of reaching the cap - while I didn't. Had I not reached the cap - I would not have cared about it. You, on the other hand, are getting so upset you've started an 8-page forum thread about it, blaming it on everyone else and insulting anyone who disagrees with you!

9 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

You better stop with this stupid argument unless you say exactly how people can consinstently fail do this.

Staying in the orbiter (instead of in-mission) too much? Spending all their time in Kuva survivals/Index/Rathuum (farming Kuva/Credits/Endo respectively)? I have no way of knowing exactly what you did wrong here - that's for you to analyse (if you want to ever improve)

14 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Everything you say needs be confirmed by someone else like you, and possibly mroe than ones complaining about this. (number still growing)

I am not the one trying to affect change - you are! So the burden of proof is not on me - it's on you! And when you claim that something is impossible (as you have), a single example of someone achieving that is plenty to disprove your claim.

17 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

You had the idea to mention eidolons as a tedious farm comparing them to this nw nosense...

I gave Eidolons as an example of a "system with slow progression tied to time for something that more players will care about" - precisely as you asked. Which part of it used the word "tedious"? You are the one who thought this implied the system was "tedious"!

I'm getting quite tired of you imagining statements what would support your arguments and then trying to falsely claim that I'd made them!

25 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Idc if you like them or not, I asked for a similar farm to this glass fissure one, where people had rights to complain about it and you mentioned this, not me
So blame that result to your previous action...

No, you asked for a "system with this "slow progression" tied to time for something that more players will care about" (see your comment in the middle of page 7 of this thread). And I gave you an example that fits all of those requirements. Your interpretation of these requirements are your own, and you are the sole person responsible for them!

On the other hand, this does seem to be consistent with the rest of this thread: this is just another example of you trying to blame others for your own actions.

21 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Because you set yourself the goal of reaching the cap - while I didn't. Had I not reached the cap - I would not have cared about it. You, on the other hand, are getting so upset you've started an 8-page forum thread about it, blaming it on everyone else and insulting anyone who disagrees with you!

So how you can accept a system where a guy who doesn't care reach a goal, while tons of people setting that goal and actively working on it everyday for almost a year will fail to get for all the reasons proved during this topic?

You are the one who arrogantly came here saying the "git gud" meme to everyone else, not me, and my topic cannot even hurt other parts of community, but you still felt attacked by this.

4 pages of this topic are full of your stupid nosense answers, that want disprove data with no data on your hands... ('cause "It's on you" argument is surely a valid one)
If you leaved this topic after the first stupid comment you made pages amount could be so smaller than now.

And stop try make me look like the bad guy when you have no better arguments, it's starting look obvious

Staying in the orbiter (instead of in-mission) too much? Spending all their time in Kuva survivals/Index/Rathuum (farming Kuva/Credits/Endo respectively)? I have no way of knowing exactly what you did wrong here - that's for you to analyse (if you want to ever improve)

You wish! It's obvious I played and play actively in this game, not let it run on background. That's what you might do in survivals tho, while others kill galss fissures for u ;)

I am not the one trying to affect change - you are! So the burden of proof is not on me - it's on you! And when you claim that something is impossible (as you have), a single example of someone achieving that is plenty to disprove your claim.

All people reading this topic knows who has the most objective data, that cannot be denied and which point has proven to be the general one and not the exception.

So unless this exception grows in number, with more players supporting it like you, all you say it's pointless anyway!

Stop also with "me claiming is impossible" when I always said it is after november, unless players predicted and farmed the glass fissure obsessively.
I just asked for a more concrete chance to let it happen during those last 2 months!

No, you asked for a "system with this "slow progression" tied to time for something that more players will care about" (see your comment in the middle of page 7 of this thread). And I gave you an example that fits all of those requirements. Your interpretation of these requirements are your own, and you are the sole person responsible for them!

On the other hand, this does seem to be consistent with the rest of this thread: this is just another example of you trying to blame others for your own actions.

Yes I also said it has to be "time limited" meaning you can farm it 'till a certain date like nightwave actually is.

2 hours ago, Radu10 said:

Do some examples, you're way too general! And good luck finding one that requires 600 hours, and a constant 4 hours gameplay at day (it has to be time-limited as well don't forget)

Go back read again, 'cause you definitely BLIND!

Then come back here trying do another example, 'cause eidolons one got rejected.

Also please go comment on reddit as well 'cause there are posts about this topic, you commenting here only, means you just targetted me, and want have the last word here, speaking of attacking, so just STOP

unknown.png

I can also start accusing you to have used that exploit, unless more people confirms is possible to get by just playing like you did.

4 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

So how you can accept a system where a guy who doesn't care each a goal, while tons of people setting that goal and actively working on it everyday for almost a year will fail to get for all the reasons proved during this topic?

The whole nightwave system was intended to provide alert-style rewards for people who are "just playing the game" (as DE confirmed when it was first announced). I got the rewards by "just playing the game". Seems like the system is working as intended!

You looked up a bunch of data (gathered by other people), completely misinterpreted it (see your claims about endless missions) and tried to optimise your farming according to said misinterpretation. Apparently, your methodology was so wrong that you actually made your farming less efficient instead. It happens!

10 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

that want disprove data with no data on your hands...

I was never attacking the raw data - just your interpretation of it. And I was not the only person trying to tell you that your interpretation of that data is wrong. Why would I gather and present extra data if the data you're presenting proves my point (when properly interpreted)?

15 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

knows who has the most objective data

Nobody has a problem with the data - just your interpretation of it.

16 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

when I always said it is after november

And everyone told you that the standing was meant to be accumulated naturally, over the course of all 8 months - not just 2.

If you hadn't accumulated any significant amounts of standing before November - then here's the reason you haven't reached the cap: you left it too late!

19 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

unless players predicted and farmed the glass fissure obsessively

You are the only person making claims about "obsessive farming". I've always been talking about playing Warframe normally (albeit quite a lot).

21 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Yes I also said it has to be "time limited" meaning you can farm it 'till a certain date like nightwave actually is.

You simply asked for something "time-limited", without specifying exact types of time-wise limitations. And Eidolon hunts are definitely time-limited (only available during the "night" part of the Cetus cycle). If you wanted some other type of time-wise limitation, you should have specified that!

That's really the whole pattern here:

1. You misstate a question or problem
  2. This misstatement makes you misunderstand the available data
  3. This misunderstanding makes you make the wrong conclusions and form a flawed plan.
  4. Since your understanding of the problem and your plan are flawed, executing them does not deliver the desired outcome
  5. You blame everyone around you for your not reaching the desired outcome.

If you ever want to improve - you should work on stating the problem in front of you more precisely. That will allow you to better interpret available data, form a more efficient plan and execute it more successfully. If you don't work on being more precise in your analysis - then you are doomed to failing to achieve your goals other than by luck. But you will surely find someone else to blame for that.

I've tried explaining this to you, tried to show where your arguments hinged on imprecise and invalid assumptions. Apparently, I was not able to. I'll have to try to explain this better to the next person.

I hope someone teaches you how to carefully analyse a problem to arrive at solutions instead of just excuses. But that someone won't be me - as I'm done with you!

The whole nightwave system was intended to provide alert-style rewards for people who are "just playing the game" (as DE confirmed when it was first announced). I got the rewards by "just playing the game". Seems like the system is working as intended!

You looked up a bunch of data (gathered by other people), completely misinterpreted it (see your claims about endless missions) and tried to optimise your farming according to said misinterpretation. Apparently, your methodology was so wrong that you actually made your farming less efficient instead. It happens!

I was never attacking the raw data - just your interpretation of it. And I was not the only person trying to tell you that your interpretation of that data is wrong. Why would I gather and present extra data if the data you're presenting proves my point (when properly interpreted)?

Nobody has a problem with the data - just your interpretation of it.

And everyone told you that the standing was meant to be accumulated naturally, over the course of all 8 months - not just 2.

If you hadn't accumulated any significant amounts of standing before November - then here's the reason you haven't reached the cap: you left it too late!

You are the only person making claims about "obsessive farming". I've always been talking about playing Warframe normally (albeit quite a lot).

You simply asked for something "time-limited", without specifying exact types of time-wise limitations. And Eidolon hunts are definitely time-limited (only available during the "night" part of the Cetus cycle). If you wanted some other type of time-wise limitation, you should have specified that!

That's really the whole pattern here:

1. You misstate a question or problem
  2. This misstatement makes you misunderstand the available data
  3. This misunderstanding makes you make the wrong conclusions and form a flawed plan.
  4. Since your understanding of the problem and your plan are flawed, executing them does not deliver the desired outcome
  5. You blame everyone around you for your not reaching the desired outcome.

If you ever want to improve - you should work on stating the problem in front of you more precisely. That will allow you to better interpret available data, form a more efficient plan and execute it more successfully. If you don't work on being more precise in your analysis - then you are doomed to failing to achieve your goals other than by luck. But you will surely find someone else to blame for that.

I've tried explaining this to you, tried to show where your arguments hinged on imprecise and invalid assumptions. Apparently, I was not able to. I'll have to try to explain this better to the next person.

I hope someone teaches you how to carefully analyse a problem to arrive at solutions instead of just excuses. But that someone won't be me - as I'm done with you!

We talking about nightwaves, ofc I mean an example of a farming 1:1 the copy of this one in all possible terms. (you on purpose avoided that and tried bring in eidolons which is a completely different "farm")

No others they said that maybe DE did that on purpose so people would not reach the cap this time, but your proved them wrong as well with your current rank position, and I welcome those comments a lot more than all the ones you made and keep doing.

That pattern you spend time writing can also be applied to you, only other one in this topic
Considering all your misunderstandings, and wrong claims and theories... The examples still not being made, to confirm if this is not the worst farm DE ever made. Blaming everyone that unlike you got a different rank and legit complains about it, when at the same time nobody with your same rank showed up yet!

But unlike you everytime I said something wrong I said sorry about my mistakes right after they got pointed out, you never did and will do that. That just proves I am just dealing with your EGO whatever subject this discussion was based on and whoever was saying the right or bad things.

No most people i found talking about it define this "glass fissure" a farm, and you should also consider everything in the game is a farm except the items you get from game emails. So calling this not a farm is a bad claim you did, not me.

And none of them send a screenshot or claimed they will hit the max rank except you! Also those "everyone" still not work for DE, so they can't go around tell people why decisions and things happen and expect they are 100% right about those claims.
So stop that "I know everything" attitude! 

I did all was needed to be able describe how this glass fissure works, and how it simply can fail to working by at same time creating a large variety of players with different ranks, with an average around 170. With you only hitting 180 probably, even 10 people maybe 'cause I wanna be generous, and would still be a low number considering completionists people in this game are way more.

You still didn't proved me this farming was well made and thought by DE, when main reason of this post is to show people this clearly isnt' well thought at all!

3 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Absolutely agree! This season should have ended back in August/September. I suspect that the problem lies with the timing of the next-gen console releases.

DE probably wanted a "proper" season pass to be running during the release window in order to attract more players. But (I suspect) they decided they couldn't get Season 4 ready before the next-get release date - so they chose to stretch out this season to the length it ended up as.

Here you actually show some agreement, meaning you also not really like how DE handled this season, but you never showed that thinking while talking with me. You just got personally involved too much into this it seems...
Also that answer is still a "supposition" 'cause we don't know why DE makes stuff most of the time. And it would be more smart to start intermission and stretch that if needed.

I'm done with you don't worry, this is last time I reply you and dealing with your EGO, my objective is still the same with or without you.

7 hours ago, Radu10 said:

So how you can accept a system where a guy who doesn't care reach a goal, while tons of people setting that goal and actively working on it everyday for almost a year will fail to get for all the reasons proved during this topic?

Ah, yes 4 is now tons, Guess I have tons of every single augment mod that exists in the game, tons of quick thinking, tons of every aura mod, tons of argon scopes, tons of Mending Shots, tons of Energizer shots, 710 tons of Revenges, and warframe has tons of vehicles. Your bar for what is considered tons of people is very low.

Can we cue the "Is 4 a lot" meme:

Is 4 a lot?
Depends on the context.
Pages spent trying to convince you that because it is your own goal that is theoretically possible it is your fault for failing?
No.
People sharing your opinion?
Yes.

6 hours ago, Radu10 said:

I'm done with you don't worry, this is last time I reply you and dealing with your EGO, my objective is still the same with or without you.

I think that's best for everyone, you seem unable to take responsibility for your own failures and unable to understand that DE has no obligation to adjust the system just so you can reach a goal that you didn't put enough effort into.

12 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Ah, yes 4 is now tons, Guess I have tons of every single augment mod that exists in the game, tons of quick thinking, tons of every aura mod, tons of argon scopes, tons of Mending Shots, tons of Energizer shots, 710 tons of Revenges, and warframe has tons of vehicles. Your bar for what is considered tons of people is very low.

Can we cue the "Is 4 a lot" meme:

Is 4 a lot?
Depends on the context.
Pages spent trying to convince you that because it is your own goal that is theoretically possible it is your fault for failing?
No.
People sharing your opinion?
Yes.

I think that's best for everyone, you seem unable to take responsibility for your own failures and unable to understand that DE has no obligation to adjust the system just so you can reach a goal that you didn't put enough effort into.

But has obligation do never put such a time required "farming" ever again.

Unless they wanna see more people leaving the game, and they should care about this you know...

Please make a list of all my "failures" I complained about on this forum, considering how you all trying make me look like an idiot who complains only when he can't do something.

I would made this post even if I managed to hit that stupid cap 'cause I dislike how they managed the system behind, and that's what I wanna them to address now or for the future content they will release

Even the top comment of this post disagrees with you, so they can gladly come here from that post and you'll have even more people against you.

In the top comment, just that one considering the 2nd one provides more data about how "virtually not possible" unless exploiting,  that player says he/she personally doesn't care about the rank cap, those people should have no reason to comment at all under posts made by people who actually "cares" about it.

'Cause those people are not for or against my and other people posts, they all can be considered neutral actually. Yall see things black and white everywhere, absurd!

3 hours ago, Radu10 said:

But has obligation do never put such a time required "farming" ever again.

DE didn't put in the farm that required you to spend hours on end farming glass fissures, you did. They merely added ranks by request of the players, since players were frustrated that they hit the cap and their standing was being wasted. No one told you that you needed to reach the cap again, that was something you told yourself. 

Please make a list of all my "failures" I complained about on this forum, considering how you all trying make me look like an idiot who complains only when he can't do something

I am talking about this forum thread specifically, but sure:

1. You set up a goal for yourself that noone forced on you.

2. You did not seem to understand what was required to reach your goal.

3. You didn't put in the time needed to reach that goal.

4. You came to the forums to ask for a method to achieve your goal, even though you performed point 2 and 3.

In the top comment, just that one considering the 2nd one provides more data about how "virtually not possible" unless exploiting,  that player says he/she personally doesn't care about the rank cap, those people should have no reason to comment at all under posts made by people who actually "cares" about it.

That person is answering specifically what was asked, the timeframes the person asking has till the end of the season is too short to reach the cap without exploits. Your situation is different, you seemed to have been planning this for a while, yet used your time on other things. The OP of that post is also able to understand that because they are unable to achieve a goal that they thought was possible, they had to change their goal and not the system. They later reply that they will be getting to a round number and stopping.

Unless they wanna see more people leaving the game, and they should care about this you know...

This is also such a poor time to bring up people leaving.  If someone is going to quit WF just because they were unable to max out a time limited number, that's some pathetic levels of resilience. 

I'm willing to bet most (probably >99%) of players don't care about reaching the max rank of this nightwave. Of those that do care, I'm also willing to bet that most of them would either put in the effort to reach the cap or understand that they could've reached it if they started planning sooner.

Yall see things black and white everywhere, absurd!

Well, the question for this thread firstly has a yes or no answer. Either a mechanic should be added to the last week, or one shouldn't. "We" believe the answer is no and thus any discussion about how it is done is irrelevant. A "completionist" that truly cares about their goal would also see the situation black or white, is reaching the cap possible? The evidence suggests that it is, thus the burden falls on the "completionist" to put in the effort to achieve the goal.

38 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

DE didn't put in the farm that required you to spend hours on end farming glass fissures, you did. They merely added ranks by request of the players, since players were frustrated that they hit the cap and their standing was being wasted. No one told you that you needed to reach the cap again, that was something you told yourself. 

Even trying get 100 forma in this game can be considered a farm, you are nobody to be able define what can or cannot be considered a farm, this one it is indeed a farm, 'cause the higher that number rank goes the more rewards from Nora you get. So you basically can farm them to get more stuff from that shop.

I am talking about this forum thread specifically, but sure:

1. You set up a goal for yourself that noone forced on you.

2. You did not seem to understand what was required to reach your goal.

3. You didn't put in the time needed to reach that goal.

4. You came to the forums to ask for a method to achieve your goal, even though you performed point 2 and 3.

Not this topic, I mean other topics I made for similar reasons like the ones you listed here...
I play this game for years, and this is the first time I made such a post, it has to be 100% my fault right? Affirm such a thing is way too easy and wrong. Unless you lived with me everyday and know how I play games, plan stuff and going on...

You missed what I said right below that: 

4 hours ago, Radu10 said:

I would made this post even if I managed to hit that stupid cap 'cause I dislike how they managed the system behind, and that's what I wanna them to address now or for the future content they will release

And if you actually readed more carefully my goal eventually shifted to just wanted report my opinion about this farm and how it should never come back again in other future content, I will stop at a non rounded number like the guy on reddit, but that's not the point anyway. So please shift your comments as well, instead keep wanting make me look like the guy who want DE gave me stuff for free...

I'm willing to bet most (probably >99%) of players don't care about reaching the max rank of this nightwave. Of those that do care, I'm also willing to bet that most of them would either put in the effort to reach the cap or understand that they could've reached it if they started planning sooner.

Your estimates will never be correct, like mines, so we better both stop even trying make those shall we?

Well, the question for this thread firstly has a yes or no answer. Either a mechanic should be added to the last week, or one shouldn't. "We" believe the answer is no and thus any discussion about how it is done is irrelevant. A "completionist" that truly cares about their goal would also see the situation black or white, is reaching the cap possible? The evidence suggests that it is, thus the burden falls on the "completionist" to put in the effort to achieve the goal.

This post never had a question in the first place. I reported an issue DE might consider when they will release new stuff similar to this
Like I said a bunch of times I didn't made this to see what other players think about it, but if you all just commented your opinion without trying nullify what I was trying to report with that post would made things a lot easier for everyone. 

Instead you all tried debunk everything 'cause you don't want DE change stuff/ make things less tedious now and never and some even got scared I was asking DE to prolong this series when I didn't even mentioned such an idea...

So if you don't mind if such a tedious "farm" will be needed for some future content DE might release, I respect that opinion, but I will still be against it personally and will complain about it everytime I actually have the chance to.

I will also never come under posts where you or someone else might defend such a thing, trying make your post useless to DE, I will just open an opposite topic about it, 'cause discussing with other players doesn't help anyone regardlessly.

3 hours ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

what's the max possible rank for just doing all the weekly missions? ignoring the 1000 standing missions and 150 standing spawns

There were 37 weeks with 2*7000 and 5*4500 challenges, 257 days and the 5 Glassmaker puzzles at 7000 each (hope I have nothing wrong).

From weeklies: 1350500 (rank 135)

From dailies: 257000 (add all dailies for rank 160)

From puzzles: 35000 (add the puzzles for rank 164)

Keep in mind that there were a couple of "wrong" challenges at some points, giving more standing than usually.

ITT a totally reasonable request and criticism of Nightwave tying prestige rewards to unreliable and oppressive farms without realistic forewarning or expectation gets bogged down in petty arguments with one person representing a statistical anomaly who just happened to be spending excessive amounts of time and while doing so was lucky enough that they chanced into getting most of the spawns by sheer saturation in advance of ever knowing that they might eventually 'need' them to reach a cap.

Seriously, if you think 'hours of pointless mission time per day, every day, for almost a year' is ever a reasonable metric, then you might be interested in my spreadsheet of the total requirements to build every possible Modular Item combination in the game.

Fancy doing Ventkid standing every day for 2 years just for buying their part blueprints? How about grinding up 100-300 mining ores (depending on type) plus a couple hundred junk fish parts (scrap/scales/oil) every day for a year, to put into all those zaw/kitgun parts?

Consistently pulling those off would kill the soul of anyone. Now, if you also suddenly put those on a hard time limit from today after which all parts are uncraftable, instead of it being available basically forever if you're a mad enough lad to go for it, and you have what happened in this Nightwave season's prestige.

I missed some dailies and cephalites because I've hit the previous caps for glassmaker early and thought they wouldn't be necessary anymore:

2021-01-21-Nightwave-Status-Quo.png

Thx DE. The first time you made me absolutely speechless for non-thinking about consequences and collateral impacts for other players. It looks like I have to live with this flaw in my nightwave history.

Il y a 20 heures, cliffghost a dit :

I missed some dailies and cephalites because I've hit the previous caps for glassmaker early and thought they wouldn't be necessary anymore:

2021-01-21-Nightwave-Status-Quo.png

Thx DE. The first time you made me absolutely speechless for non-thinking about consequences and collateral impacts for other players. It looks like I have to live with this flaw in my nightwave history.

I'm 177.5 right now, I'll end at best 178 ... Very disappointed ☹️

It should be a good thing see other people dealing with the same issue I was trying to report, but I know the feel of not being able reach a goal that will end in 2 days from now...

It's not like missing an in-game event 'cause you didn't played during it, it's not being able finish something you spent daily time for almost an year and still would not be enough!

Most players even hit the previous cap they put during the season, but this final one would not be possible. I really hope DE will notice this and address it for future series at least, if nothing can be done for this current one.

• 6 months later...
On 2021-01-09 at 2:17 PM, SneakyErvin said:

it just means DE put them there so they didnt have to patch again incase people hit the mark

Apparently DE forget already to make the next intermission like that season 3, we hit the cap so easily and even have acts left to do...
How can you explain this?
'cause if DE managed the S3 like that on purpose something similar should've happened in this intermission :)

@SneakyErvin@PhiThagRaid@(NSW)BalticBarbarian

Interested in knowing your opinion this time!

15 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Apparently DE forget already to make the next intermission like that season 3, we hit the cap so easily and even have acts left to do...
'cause if DE managed the S3 like that on purpose something similar should've happened in this intermission :)

I have since stopped trying to make sense of DE's decisions. Long-term isolation due to WFH makes people have odd ideas: unvaulting Chroma, waverider quest, Yareli in general, making lich hunting even more tedious...

I'll just go kill my 9th magnetic sister (maybe the 10th one will have the ephemera?). Aphrodite, Ishtar, E-gate, stab at Venera... Sharpless, Memphis, Roche, stab at Skyresh... Carme, Thebe, Adrastea, Carpo, stab at Ananke... I'm really curious what DE had against us having at least some variety when lich hunting..

16 hours ago, Radu10 said:

Honestly I have no idea what to think since I have no clue how this thread has much to do with the current intermission. Wasnt this thread about failing to hit the increased cap during a normal nightwave even though it had been around for ages and the last increase was just a safeguard for it to last?

Current intermission is just neglected, which is a completely different issue, or well an issue unlike the "issue" raised in this thread.

So my opinion is, they should flip the switch with increased levels and the regular retroactive ranks. Or more accurately they should have done that long ago. Right now it would be silly since it ends very soon. And in the end I dont really care since there is nothing I actually need from NW outside of the regular 30 ranks.

On 2021-07-24 at 1:47 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Honestly I have no idea what to think since I have no clue how this thread has much to do with the current intermission. Wasnt this thread about failing to hit the increased cap during a normal nightwave even though it had been around for ages and the last increase was just a safeguard for it to last?

Current intermission is just neglected, which is a completely different issue, or well an issue unlike the "issue" raised in this thread.

So my opinion is, they should flip the switch with increased levels and the regular retroactive ranks. Or more accurately they should have done that long ago. Right now it would be silly since it ends very soon. And in the end I dont really care since there is nothing I actually need from NW outside of the regular 30 ranks.

The fact you claimed they put the cap so high on previous season on purpose, but this time they let people hit it a month before intermission ended and didn't even bothered raising the cap once more :)

And this thread quickly shifted into a feedback about how NW prestige rank caps are managed, so it still has a lot to do with the current intermission.

But you failed to see that point behind this thread apparently, should I change the title to make it more apparent?

Archived