Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orvius' ability to lift ennemies doesn't trigger anymore ?

----Vay_Hek----

If you played Orvius you know it has a special ability (on charged throws) wich lifts and damages ennemies /sec. When it first came out, performing this was made by throwing the glaive while channeling and when channeling was removed from the game, in order to perform the charged throw and trigger the lift ability on Orvius we had to hold aim + shoot while throwing the weapon.

But now, after the latest glaive rework, it doesn't work anymore ? I've spent a lot of time trying every combination of 2, 3 and 4 simultaneous keys and can't find how to perform a charged throw and lift ennemies with orvius... :thinking:

Was the ability completely removed or is it affected to some odd combination of keys ?

According to the wiki and my personal experience, it was changed a bit to do it...  It takes a bit of getting used to but it will suspend the enemy when doing this: 

The Orvius is the signature DEGlaive.png Glaive of the Dax with the unique ability to suspend foes in midair on throwing the glaive while blocking.

I'm curious why you want to use it now?  

Anyway, to do it now, just hold the attack/throw button down for a moment and release quickly.  The wiki implies that attack speed mods make this more difficult.  I haven't tried that, but I do know it was very easy once I'd unequipped heavy attack wind-up speed.  (Which, with explosive glaive builds so strong currently, makes the whole idea seem doubly counterproductive.  I want wind-up speed and I really don't want my melee weapon just hanging out over somebody's head. 😉)

That's all keyboard.  I don't know if it's any different on controller.

Le 09/01/2021 à 18:17, Tiltskillet a dit :

I'm curious why you want to use it now?  

Anyway, to do it now, just hold the attack/throw button down for a moment and release quickly.  The wiki implies that attack speed mods make this more difficult.  I haven't tried that, but I do know it was very easy once I'd unequipped heavy attack wind-up speed.  (Which, with explosive glaive builds so strong currently, makes the whole idea seem doubly counterproductive.  I want wind-up speed and I really don't want my melee weapon just hanging out over somebody's head. 😉)

That's all keyboard.  I don't know if it's any different on controller.

Thanks, was able to finally do it. Its very weird how you have to do it i agree, and can be hard, i think i enjoyed it more in the previous rework when you had to press and hold 3 keys at the same time 😂

Why ? For fun ofc and because its super strong.

Archived