Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request "Mission Failure Imminent" Time Limit Increase from 60 seconds to 300 seconds

Istanazrell

FIX: Request Mission Failure Imminent Limit Increase from 1 minute to 5 minutes.

PROBLEM: Sixty seconds is extremely harsh and doesn't even give you a chance to leave. My wife is pretty new to the game and we were trying to find caches together on Uranus. Having trouble with the last one, we got the warning and I immediately ran to extraction. Since the extraction timer is 60 seconds, even if you took one second to get to extraction, if the other person doesn't make it in that time, everyone loses. Mission Failed for all.

EDIT: Yes this is most missions, but in this case, it was sabotage. The timer is constantly going, but it would be nice to have it visible for 5 minutes, so you know you need to finish up. I know for veteran players this is a non-issue, but it helps new players, especially when looking for caches or exploring. My wife, in this case was on the extreme opposite end of the map from extraction when the warning came.

As a reference, I've seen other games have an hour timer limit and 5 minutes was the warning. In that case I think it worked well. Again, I don't mind the time limit, but clear parameters are friendlier, especially to new players.

3 минуты назад, Tsoe сказал:

can we even fail in warframe?

you must talk about mastery test isnt?

5min? it wouldnt be a test anymore

I think they mean sabotage mode. In sabotages, once you get the sabotage done, the mission has an imminent failure state where your sabotage blows up the facility/ship.
Also missions fail automatically if nothing gets done for to long.

For sabotages the solution is to not do the objective until you are ready.
For general missions failure states... Gotta be faster.

most missions has a hidden mission fail timer, if you spend long enough without killing anything, completing objectives, ect it triggers and gives you 60 seconds before the mission fails.

I have only ever triggered it twice, one was right after they released the updated corpus gas city tileset I spent a long time trying to find the thing i need to shoot to open the switches for a hidden door. The second was an attempt at steel path ropololyst with the wrong gear.

That mission failure timer seems really rare(at least for me) and I've spent >40 min not doing much in missions. The only places I've seen it happen is for junction specters a year or so ago. Not sure what even causes it, but 5 min seems a bit much, although it could be increased slightly(perhaps 2 minutes).

Archived