Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing mandatory mods... by not removing them?

Aadi880

2 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

And how would that fix the problem exactly ? People will just move to the next possible highest DPS build , no base damage , multishot , elemental damage , cc and cd ? no problem Il just use fire rate , reload speed , ammo mutation , ammo clip size , status chance and anything els that increases damage as much as posible . And those mods will become the next mandatory mods .

I put that "Just..." at the end of my post for a reason. I was a bit sarcastic rather than serious.

In this system we can't really avoid mandatory mods. Maybe if De would create a hybrid system of having to choose between attributes per level. Like either have damage boost on a weapon or have more mod capacity but that would not allow you to put on Serration. So you would have now space for those other mods.

But at this point the system was in place for too long and changing entire weapons, or I should say nerfing different aspects of the weapons won't do much of course. It would just flip off everyone who got used to the current system.

There's always going to be mandatory mods. Whatever gives the greatest damage output are always going to be the most used. If you buff other mods you can shift the meta mods but there'll still be meta mods. If you remove them and build them into the weapons' base stats then it'll just change to a new build that creates the most damage with those new stats.

I was thinking more the basic mods for warframes could be taken out and have it more as a forma type application. 

So you want more health or shields on your frame, you fuse the health or shield mod (since you end up with so many from basic missions) to your frame, thus freeing up the mod slot to something more worth while. 

Would like to see that since I doubt we will have more mod slots added to frames. 

No can't do.

90% of the mod setup of non-melee weapons are Base damage + two crit + multishot + 2 elemental + HM/lethal torrent/3rd elemental/fire rate + riven/other damage mod (e.g. motus setup) + exilus.

Most of exiluses are QoL mods so we don't include that in.

If you are to take out one of the non-exilus to put an extra damage mod, for example, which one will you be taking out? This is important because you want to maximize your damage output for that one weapon.

If one stronger mod is added, as you want to maximize the dps of your gun, you would like to take a look at the mods you have. And if it could outdamage one of your other mods there, you would like to replace them with that one stronger mod and making it "mandatory".

This doesn't solve the issue at all, it just make the new mods become mandatory and 90% of the mod setup will be the new set of mods. For example you may not use serration but another base damage mod with some other buffs (to your dps).

7 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I put that "Just..." at the end of my post for a reason. I was a bit sarcastic rather than serious.

In this system we can't really avoid mandatory mods. Maybe if De would create a hybrid system of having to choose between attributes per level. Like either have damage boost on a weapon or have more mod capacity but that would not allow you to put on Serration. So you would have now space for those other mods.

But at this point the system was in place for too long and changing entire weapons, or I should say nerfing different aspects of the weapons won't do much of course. It would just flip off everyone who got used to the current system.

We had this system , it was mods  1.0 .

On 2021-01-10 at 10:20 AM, DrivaMain said:

The best middle ground is to introduce variants of mandatory mods. Amalgam Serration is a good example, sacrificing some mandatory stat for something else or some trigger required to get better than current mandatory mod stat

Some variants I can think of..

1. Serration variant 1 : On Headshot : +200% Damage for 5 seconds.

2. Serration Variant 2 : +155% damage, +50% Holster Speed.

3. Serration Variant 3 : +20% damage per kill up to +250% damage, decays after 10 seconds.

4. Split Chamber variant 1 : On hit : +45% multi shot and -30% accuracy for 2 seconds, stacks up to 4x. Yes this is based on split flights

I like this idea. Cause some mod simply are impossible to be replaced. For eample I think 99% of build have multishot and the 1% is a bad build. More variant, allowed just for single use, could be a solution. 

Archived