Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New frame idea

Zachary46

Ive been waiting to give DE an idea for a frame, i was thinking maybe another ninja frame, something like an exalted weapon being a samurai sword, maybe a exalted ninja star, abilities being whispering star where they throw their star and it can stun enemies on hit or can inflict bleed proc, second ability being transform where the frame converts into its ninja star and spins around dealing damage to enemies. A third ability being silent step, allowing the frames footsteps to be silent and can cast on teammates, and a final ability being oath of the ninja making finishers more prone to happen

vor einer Stunde schrieb Zachary46:

Ive been waiting to give DE an idea for a frame, i was thinking maybe another ninja frame, something like an exalted weapon being a samurai sword, maybe a exalted ninja star, abilities being whispering star where they throw their star and it can stun enemies on hit or can inflict bleed proc, second ability being transform where the frame converts into its ninja star and spins around dealing damage to enemies. A third ability being silent step, allowing the frames footsteps to be silent and can cast on teammates, and a final ability being oath of the ninja making finishers more prone to happen

Translation:

New frame idea

• Type: Ninja
  • Passive: exalted samurai sword/ shuriken (like Garudas?)
  • First skill whispering star: Throws a shuriken. Stuns enemies+ bleed proc.
  • Second skill transform: transforms into the shuriken and spins around while dealing damage on enemies (beyblade?)
  • Third skill silent steps: steps of the frame and his alias can't be heard anymore
  • Fourth skill Oath of the ninja: Higher chance for finisher attacks.

Did I understand everything correct?

48 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Translation:

New frame idea

• Type: Ninja
  • Passive: exalted samurai sword/ shuriken (like Garudas?)
  • First skill whispering star: Throws a shuriken. Stuns enemies+ bleed proc.
  • Second skill transform: transforms into the shuriken and spins around while dealing damage on enemies (beyblade?)
  • Third skill silent steps: steps of the frame and his alias can't be heard anymore
  • Fourth skill Oath of the ninja: Higher chance for finisher attacks.

Did I understand everything correct?

Yes you did

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Zachary46:

How do you guys feel about this idea

Maybe I'm missing something,  but

First ability whispering star:

• A stun is always good.
  • damage abilities have the problem with scalability. What is deadly against lv., 1 enemies can become useless against lv. 100 enemies.
  • It hit only one target, maybe up to ~5 if the enemies are grouped together.

Nice, but actually useless. Killing/ stunning 1 enemy is useless, if you have +30 other enemies who want to shoot you down.

Second ability transform: 

If the frame just transform into a shuriken and fly like a ufo with blades trough the battlefield it will have a huge scalability problem. And I can't find a use for it.

Third ability silent steps:

Useless, because warframes steps are already silent.

Fourth ability Oath of the Ninja

Useless, Because it would be a lot easier to just use a gun which stuns an enemy instead of hoping that the enemies will get stunned after some attacks.

Conclusion

It seems that you was only focused on what makes a ninja a ninja and not how to implent it in a funny& useful way into a game like warframe. Actually is your concept just a weaker version of Ash and he has the same problems. A ninja with a concept not fitting for warframe.

29 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Maybe I'm missing something,  but

First ability whispering star:

• A stun is always good.
  • damage abilities have the problem with scalability. What is deadly against lv., 1 enemies can become useless against lv. 100 enemies.
  • It hit only one target, maybe up to ~5 if the enemies are grouped together.

Nice, but actually useless. Killing/ stunning 1 enemy is useless, if you have +30 other enemies who want to shoot you down.

Second ability transform: 

If the frame just transform into a shuriken and fly like a ufo with blades trough the battlefield it will have a huge scalability problem. And I can't find a use for it.

Third ability silent steps:

Useless, because warframes steps are already silent.

Fourth ability Oath of the Ninja

Useless, Because it would be a lot easier to just use a gun which stuns an enemy instead of hoping that the enemies will get stunned after some attacks.

Conclusion

It seems that you was only focused on what makes a ninja a ninja and not how to implent it in a funny& useful way into a game like warframe. Actually is your concept just a weaker version of Ash and he has the same problems. A ninja with a concept not fitting for warframe.

I forgot to add that the more enemy’s hit with his 1st ability will cause the damage to ramp up and it the damages scales with the exalted weapon mods or melee mods

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Zachary46:

I forgot to add that the more enemy’s hit with his 1st ability will cause the damage to ramp up and it the damages scales with the exalted weapon mods or melee mods

That may solve the damage problem.

But what are you going to do, if you're surrounded by a dozen of high-end-level enemies? The warframe doesn't have any options to protect himself or avoid the bullets. And sadly that isn't the only problem. There're no synergies between the abilities, his second,third and fourth are useless and most important is the warframe just a one-hit cannon. He can attack. That was it. 7 years ago it would have been acceptable, but in todasy time are the most frames allrounder with a specialization.

If I were you I would start from the beginning. Your concept has potential, because a ninja can do so many things, but this is also the biggest trap. And I'm sure you don't want to make a second Ash. It seems that the shuriken is the most important part in your concept, then why don't you try to focus more on it.

If you allow me, this is how I would do a Ninja frame, who is focused on his shuriken:

Spoiler

Name: Shuri (because Shuriken)

Shuri is a ninja themed warframe who use her shuriken  to survive and destroy on the battelfield.

Passiv

First ability Big Shuriken:

Shuri throws her Big shuriken. The Big shuriken attacks and stuns the enemies while it ricochets between the enemies. The Big shuriken stays on the battlefield until it's duration expire. The damage increase everytime the Big shuriken ricochet from an enemy (not walls) The times get increased for every enemy who is attacked by a shield-shuriken.

• damage: 200
  • extra damage per hit: +20%
  • duration: 10s
  • extra time for enemies hitted by shield-shuriken: 3s
  • flying speed is affected by range

Second ability Shuriken shield

Shuri use her shield-shurikens which fly around herself for protection. Every shield-shuriken can stop only one attack. Hitted shield-shurikens fly towards the enemy to damage and stun him. The chance to avoid damage gets reduced with every missing shuriken. Everytime the Big shuriken hits an enemy get one shield shuriken gets replenished. The ability isn't recastable.

• amount of shield-shuriken: 10
    • affected by power-strength
    • avoiding chance: 10%
      • change with the amount of shurikens
        • can not exceed 100%!

Third ability transforming shuriken

Shuri transforms herself into a shuriken and fly in a straight line. Every enemy hit with transforming shuriken increase the time of Big shuriken

• flying range: 30m
  • attack-width: 2m
  • damage: 200

Fourth ability Vortex-Shuriken 

Shurie activates the Vortex systems of her Big shuriken. The vortex shuriken is able to pull enemies.

• Vortex range: 20m
  • duration: 30s

Shuri is definetly not perfect, but I think you agree with me that Shuri is alot stronger and funnier then your current concept. Just focus on one thing and make it great. But never try to do everything at once, because this will fail. If you need a better example I made an Ash concept a while ago. (focus on slash-procs and one-hit kills. Don't look at the coments I realised the troll to late...) Maybe it helps to get new/ better ideas.

Last but not least I want to say, that you're in the wrong section. Fan-concepts (like a complete new frame) belongs here:

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/89-fan-concepts/

Isn't this just Ash with a Nikana, Banshee's Silence ability attached via Helminth?

Ash 1: Throw stars

Ash 2: Smoke bomb, enemies can't see you

Banshee ability Silence Helminth implant: Enemies can't hear you anymore

Ash 3: Teleport and stuns an enemy, so you can do a finisher on them.

Ash 4: Teleport all over the place stabbing every enemy in the face. A more precise strike on everything instead of a spinning ninja star.

Archived