Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

They kill me very fast and I hardly hurt anymore

Question

Justo ahora, -AncientWarrior- dijo:

I think you need to add a few more details here :)  ... pretty hard to help without more info .. 

Oh sorry hahaha. Well, I'm missing a few missions from Sedna, Fortress Kuva, Void, and all of Eris. That's because, like I said, they kill me too quickly and I hardly hurt anymore. The same is true for Adventure Quests, Relics, and Daily Challenges.
I would venture to say that the source of the problem is my lack of resources to build. I always fall short of endo and missing the odd mod. I feel ashamed that being rank 9 these things happen to me, while I see people of lower ranks with already very good builds and who kill all the enemies with one hit...

Overframe.gg is a place to start. You might need to get a different warframe and getting to Sedna, and ensure it has an orokin reactor installed. The weapons should also be catalysted and modded appropriately for their strengths. Then you should be using whatever your warframes abilities you have to their best advantage.

• Like 1
hace 3 minutos, gbjbaanb dijo:

Overframe.gg is a place to start. You might need to get a different warframe and getting to Sedna, and ensure it has an orokin reactor installed. The weapons should also be catalysted and modded appropriately for their strengths. Then you should be using whatever your warframes abilities you have to their best advantage.

I think, as you say, the key is to vary the arsenal. I always use the same Warframes and weapons hahaha, something so simple and I didn't realize it. Thank you for your help, friend!

• Like 1

You can easily clear the starchart using any warframe and weapon when modded properly, so you may be lacking in mods or in how you mod things. The link to the Overframe site that @gbjbaanb provided a link for is a really useful tool for looking up builds. If you're wondering where to get certain mods, the warframe wiki at https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki has all the information in that regard.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime
  • Like 2

in addition to overframe.gg for builds, I use cephalonwannab.com for a rough idea of what weapons I'll want to try out.  Overframe has its own ranking list as well.

• Like 1

If  you are having trouble with late game normal missions i.e. sedna or  pluto - it simply means  you are not strong enough.
You need  better  mods, better guns, maybe even better frame.

Also check if  your gear  has catalysts / reactors  put into them and  how many  formas  you used.

By all accounts, with proper gear those missions should be piss easy to solo. Or at the very least...  Easy-ish.

Edited by Artekkor
  • Like 1
Just now, Yrkul said:

Split Second with Rutger Hauer.

Awesomely bad film, but redeemed by just being awesome, with an awesome actor and a meme that will never die.

1 hour ago, Artekkor said:

If  you are having trouble with late game normal missions i.e. sedna or  pluto - it simply means  you are not strong enough.
You need  better  mods, better guns, maybe even better frame.

Also check if  your gear  has catalysts / reactors  put into them and  how many  formas  you used.

By all accounts, with proper gear those missions should be piss easy to solo. Or at the very least...  Easy-ish.

I cleared the chart with my bae; Khora and her signature weapons. Our OP should be able to farm her by now I think and I only leave Solo to trade or do events like the Naberus Ephemera halloween series around was it 2017? Was essentially the Prelate Boss on Deimos with the lantern we had to keep alight for I think 20 mins or so many waves..

My answer will always be, GET RHINO!

You can easily build Rhino to be a great tank, for clearing regular starchart. Then get a decent weapon, and mod it. Not knowing which frames and weapons you have its hard to advise you on builds.

I find Khora is a handy frame if you are dying often, she comes with a kavat that you can set to different modes and one mode is to heal. So it will help you stay alive. Another mode is defense which can also assist there.

When I was starting out I did not appreciate how much modding played a part. I also didn't spend much time with formas as I should have. They can really boost your mod capacity.

Don't forget your companions either, I typically use a sentinal but some like the kavats/kubrows. There are sentinal mods for healing/shielding the frame too so they can assist you with suitability.

Stay moving, stay bullet jumping, stay nimble.

• Like 1
vor 2 Stunden schrieb gbjbaanb:

not really. the site is not simply referred to as trollframe.gg. strange builds are often deliberately put in here. in the forum you can find more professional help.

mods are the most important thing. by the time you reach the end of the star chart you need to start tailoring your builds towards either the enemies your fighting, or the best strengths of the weapon/frame itself.

• Like 3

If I was going back to MR 9 again this is what i'd make my go-to for a while:   Nekros Prime as main frame, setup right he is tankie as hell, and you can farm for your resources constantly.. make a decent melee with lots of slash and viral build and you'll have no problem clearing starchart while getting lots of those required resources.  Contact me in game if you're on PC ill set you up with some stuff.. 

Yep that is the wall people hit when going through the game/start chart for the first time. Having a level 30 frame and weapon is meaningless if you don't have the right mods.

Modding is what you need to look into when you feel your dieing too fast or your doing little damage.  Also each frame adds value to your game play for each mission type so don't stick to one frame if you have them that is. Stealth frames for spy/rescue missions, nuker frames for exterminate mission and so forth. Rhino got me through the whole star chart but you learn quickly that there's easier ways of doing things.  

Don't feel the need to clear the start chart so quickly, just skip what you can and farm the mods you need and you can go back to finish them off with more ease. 

11 hours ago, GrayShadePrime said:

I think, as you say, the key is to vary the arsenal. I always use the same Warframes and weapons hahaha, something so simple and I didn't realize it. Thank you for your help, friend!

Better weapons would indeed make things easier, but ultimately, you can clear the basic starchart with pretty much any weapon and any frame. The key is what mods you put on them and how you use them.

While the overframe site can be very useful later in the game, it's worth being a bit careful with it. Make sure you don't just blindly copy a build you find there - make an effort to actually understand what each mod is doing and why you are putting those particular mods there (rather than any other ones). Very few of the builds there have any explanations of what the author was trying to achieve - make sure you at least try to fill in the gaps. Doing so will make you a better player in the long run.

12 hours ago, GrayShadePrime said:

From what you said, it seems you didn't forma your gear? If you fully forma them, I doubt you will still be killed easily and instead you should kill them easily.

10 hours ago, OperatorLeo said:

I find Khora is a handy frame if you are dying often, she comes with a kavat that you can set to different modes and one mode is to heal. So it will help you stay alive. Another mode is defense which can also assist there.

When I was starting out I did not appreciate how much modding played a part. I also didn't spend much time with formas as I should have. They can really boost your mod capacity.

Don't forget your companions either, I typically use a sentinal but some like the kavats/kubrows. There are sentinal mods for healing/shielding the frame too so they can assist you with suitability.

Stay moving, stay bullet jumping, stay nimble.

exactly right. Khora did my Star Chart with Vaquaera (my Smeeta) and Venari tag-teaming. Still my fave now as she can handle pretty much anything if Solo but I find her a godsend for Disruption- Entangle wraps those Demolist units up like it's Christmas obviously not Nullifier key carriers but anything else and it's going one place: home to mom :P

13 hours ago, GrayShadePrime said:

That's because, like I said, they kill me too quickly

You probably don't have mods on higher levels for survivality (Vitality for health & Redirection, afair, for shield). There are few options that you can use:

- health/ammo/shield restores: you buy them (more from the wiki), go to your arsenal select 3rd tab > gear > add your restore; nice thing to do is set a gear number to the hotkey so you can just press key and given restore will appear;

- Specific frames helps a lot. I used to do most things with the Limbo as he is "almost" immortal inside his rift and easy to get. So you can take your time and kill enemies. It helps with spies because you can go through lasers and "ice paths" doesn't slow you down. Frost is better for defense but you can still do a lot with the Limbo (Limbo hates Nullies). If you have Ivara then spies becomes very lazy & easy.

- Sentinels (e.g. Carrier) can heal you. As fair I remember, I have mods that heals me over time for some % & that heals me when I wall-jump.

- the last but not least... if you can get a help from other people. Soloing starchart without mods is hard.

14 hours ago, GrayShadePrime said:

I hardly hurt anymore.

I may be wrong but maybe you can try melees. And they don't need ammo (sometimes it's hard for people without carriers)

But, in general, you need mods/weapons that deals a lot of damage (damage, multishot, critical (chance for a crit & critical damage multiplier) OR mods/weapons with high status so you can deal Viral and/or Heat damage. Even without high damage you can do a lot with Viral/Heat.

And if you cannot beat certain modes don't be afraid to get help from teammates.

14 hours ago, GrayShadePrime said:

The same is true for Adventure Quests, Relics, and Daily Challenges.

For Relics, like with any node, just pick the lowest one you can comfortably beat. I bet you can beat lith void fissures.
As for Adventure quest... ayatan acquisition from Maro/Mars maybe? If yes, then you need fast frame with some mod or mods (e.g. Limbo + Rush). Of course you need to learn the map (where to move, where are platforms etc) but there are only 2 different maps.

As for daily challenges, challenges from Nora for 1k shouldn't be hard. You know how to slide & kill, you probably have weapons with each given elemental damage type (e.g. cold), you can hack consoles (as fair I remember using ciphers counts as well) and you can open 20 lockers.
If it was higher level challenges (e.g. weekly) then yes. However there are still things you can do like 3x defense, exterminate, nightmare mission. Without doing all challenges you should be at 30 rank in Nora's annoying Glassy friend team.

12 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I cleared the chart with my bae; Khora and her signature weapons. Our OP should be able to farm her by now I think

Khora drops from 8th wave of the Sanctuary Onslaught. It's not something doable when s/he cannot even do Sedna/Void.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, quxier said:

You probably don't have mods on higher levels for survivality (Vitality for health & Redirection, afair, for shield). There are few options that you can use:

- health/ammo/shield restores: you buy them (more from the wiki), go to your arsenal select 3rd tab > gear > add your restore; nice thing to do is set a gear number to the hotkey so you can just press key and given restore will appear;

- Specific frames helps a lot. I used to do most things with the Limbo as he is "almost" immortal inside his rift and easy to get. So you can take your time and kill enemies. It helps with spies because you can go through lasers and "ice paths" doesn't slow you down. Frost is better for defense but you can still do a lot with the Limbo (Limbo hates Nullies). If you have Ivara then spies becomes very lazy & easy.

- Sentinels (e.g. Carrier) can heal you. As fair I remember, I have mods that heals me over time for some % & that heals me when I wall-jump.

- the last but not least... if you can get a help from other people. Soloing starchart without mods is hard.

I may be wrong but maybe you can try melees. And they don't need ammo (sometimes it's hard for people without carriers)

But, in general, you need mods/weapons that deals a lot of damage (damage, multishot, critical (chance for a crit & critical damage multiplier) OR mods/weapons with high status so you can deal Viral and/or Heat damage. Even without high damage you can do a lot with Viral/Heat.

And if you cannot beat certain modes don't be afraid to get help from teammates.

For Relics, like with any node, just pick the lowest one you can comfortably beat. I bet you can beat lith void fissures.
As for Adventure quest... ayatan acquisition from Maro/Mars maybe? If yes, then you need fast frame with some mod or mods (e.g. Limbo + Rush). Of course you need to learn the map (where to move, where are platforms etc) but there are only 2 different maps.

As for daily challenges, challenges from Nora for 1k shouldn't be hard. You know how to slide & kill, you probably have weapons with each given elemental damage type (e.g. cold), you can hack consoles (as fair I remember using ciphers counts as well) and you can open 20 lockers.
If it was higher level challenges (e.g. weekly) then yes. However there are still things you can do like 3x defense, exterminate, nightmare mission. Without doing all challenges you should be at 30 rank in Nora's annoying Glassy friend team.

Khora drops from 8th wave of the Sanctuary Onslaught. It's not something doable when s/he cannot even do Sedna/Void.

Yet, throughout your post you say- with a team. SO with a Saryn, Limbo you love a lot and Mesa team is very easy if they agree to let OP tag along. OP could Relic farm and save plat to buy Khora as alternative though many of our fellow Tenno would say that plat should never be used for non-slot purchases. There are alternative ways to get Khora if you think outside the box.