They kill me very fast and I hardly hurt anymore

Question

16 hours ago, GrayShadePrime said:

Oh sorry hahaha. Well, I'm missing a few missions from Sedna, Fortress Kuva, Void, and all of Eris. That's because, like I said, they kill me too quickly and I hardly hurt anymore. The same is true for Adventure Quests, Relics, and Daily Challenges.
I would venture to say that the source of the problem is my lack of resources to build. I always fall short of endo and missing the odd mod. I feel ashamed that being rank 9 these things happen to me, while I see people of lower ranks with already very good builds and who kill all the enemies with one hit...

Rank 9 shouldn't be wandering around in kuva fortress. And that's not an insult. 

Tbh mr9 is pretty low, you shouldn't beat yourself up for not being able to progress with what you currently have. 

My advice? Forget the starchart for a while. Do some quests. Build some warframes. And weapons. Look for some powerful mods. Build some hoverboards. Build a spaceship. Cath some animals and make some plushies or adopt some pets. Make friends with some syndicates npc. Open some relics. Solve some lua puzzles. Go fishing.

Warframe isn't just one thing, there are plenty of stuff here to keep you busy. By the time you get back to the starchart, you'll be much stronger without even realizing it.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Rank 9 shouldn't be wandering around in kuva fortress. And that's not an insult. 

Tbh mr9 is pretty low, you shouldn't beat yourself up for not being able to progress with what you currently have. 

My advice? Forget the starchart for a while. Do some quests. Build some warframes. And weapons. Look for some powerful mods. Build some hoverboards. Build a spaceship. Cath some animals and make some plushies or adopt some pets. Make friends with some syndicates npc. Open some relics. Solve some lua puzzles. Go fishing.

Warframe isn't just one thing, there are plenty of stuff here to keep you busy. By the time you get back to the starchart, you'll be much stronger without even realizing it.

I have to disagree.  While a few pieces of equipment are locked behind MR, MR really is not an indicator of progress or how strong you can get.  I cleared the Star Chart at around MR7, and did it playing solo.  It's all about what mods you have and cherry-picking the pieces of equipment that work for you.

OP, I took a look at your profile, and you should be able to clear the star chart at this point with your equipment if you mod correctly.  Are you putting the right elements on your Hek and Broken War to target the faction you are fighting?  Do you have a good healing solution?  If not, I highly recommend Life Strike on your melee weapon -- you regain health on every heavy attack, so if you get swamped just keep hopping and slamming to stay alive and kill everything.

Are you buffing your health and armor to stay alive longer?  You must have Vitality and Steel Fiber at this point -- there's no need to maximize them, but at least get them up to 6 - 8 stars.  You can also augment your health and armor with the Carnis and Saxum Carapace from the Cambion Drift.  If you are running into trouble with specific mission types (I know Interception and Defense were a pain for me), let us know and we can offer suggestions.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

OP could Relic farm and save plat to buy Khora as alternative though many of our fellow Tenno would say that plat should never be used for non-slot purchases. There are alternative ways to get Khora if you think outside the box.

I bought many frames past Octavia because it's easier to pay ~300 plat instead of spending days on something. At least I could buy the Lavos from the Father's shop.

OP might be in such situations some day.

5 hours ago, quxier said:

I bought many frames past Octavia because it's easier to pay ~300 plat instead of spending days on something. At least I could buy the Lavos from the Father's shop.

OP might be in such situations some day.

*nods* mhmm but some of our fellow Tenno would call us names for that. My view has always been- it's my money buying this platinum, what I choose to spend it on is my call. Still been laughed at or called names for doing it though... 

Hopefully though, OP'll figure their solution out and be back to kicking in the Grineer, Corpus and Infested in no time :P

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

*nods* mhmm but some of our fellow Tenno would call us names for that. My view has always been- it's my money buying this platinum, what I choose to spend it on is my call. Still been laughed at or called names for doing it though...

I meant just plat. I earned it myself but I don't feel like it's bad to pay for something you like (I mostly like frames/weapons not the grind so I buy frames).

We are either wasting time in a game or in real life job (unless you are lucky person that loves their job).

18 hours ago, MqToasty said:

I have to disagree.  While a few pieces of equipment are locked behind MR, MR really is not an indicator of progress or how strong you can get.  I cleared the Star Chart at around MR7, and did it playing solo.  It's all about what mods you have and cherry-picking the pieces of equipment that work for you.

OP, I took a look at your profile, and you should be able to clear the star chart at this point with your equipment if you mod correctly.  Are you putting the right elements on your Hek and Broken War to target the faction you are fighting?  Do you have a good healing solution?  If not, I highly recommend Life Strike on your melee weapon -- you regain health on every heavy attack, so if you get swamped just keep hopping and slamming to stay alive and kill everything.

Are you buffing your health and armor to stay alive longer?  You must have Vitality and Steel Fiber at this point -- there's no need to maximize them, but at least get them up to 6 - 8 stars.  You can also augment your health and armor with the Carnis and Saxum Carapace from the Cambion Drift.  If you are running into trouble with specific mission types (I know Interception and Defense were a pain for me), let us know and we can offer suggestions.

you are free to disagree, my friend. with the right amount of knowledge i believe mr could mean absolutely nothing at all.
a hundred thousand hours veteran starting a new account at mr1 -with all his knowledge, will be far more devastating than any equipment that an actual rookie could have at the same level.

finishing starchart solo at mr7 is totally doable, but by no means a small feat. you're knowledgeable, lemme take my hats off as a gesture of admiration. some few people do acquire knowledge at very fast pace. they read wiki, watch videos, analyze stuff better, google more stuff than others. i also have a friend who's like this, he's still mr8 but i still seek his advice from time to time. he even learn about things he haven't got in the game.
i was simply pointing out that OP is probably not one of these kind of players with knowledge abundance. and it's nothing to be ashamed of, at one point we all are. for these kind of players with normal (or slower, like me) learning pace, i was simply recommending some more fun learning by doing experiences. they're easier to swallow and got embedded deeper.

both are viable ways to gain knowledge by the way.
i chose my wording poorly in my previous reply and would like to apologize to every tennos who are at higher level of play at that point.

10 hours ago, quxier said:

I meant just plat. I earned it myself but I don't feel like it's bad to pay for something you like (I mostly like frames/weapons not the grind so I buy frames).

We are either wasting time in a game or in real life job (unless you are lucky person that loves their job).

you're absolutely right.

i enjoy playing warframe, not just the part where i get new stuff.
so if i have to waste days playing warframe to get something in warframe, then i will do it.
as hailuk would say "a bad day playing warframe is better than a good day working!"

of course the very few fortunate people who actually love their job probably would ridicule us because this won't make sense at all for them.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1