Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hydroid rework concept (Pls give me your opinions)

kingh135

Hi,

I had an idea for the passive, something similar to Atlas/Gauss, where the passive influences the core gameplay, where Hydroid has a counter/meter on screen above his abilities (just like the gauss battery/ruble/sporescounter) called "Mist", capped at 1200 or so.

The way I imagine it working is that each enemy hit with an ability (that isnt the kraken ,just to encourage players to use other abilities)

gets marked with a mark above them called "The Mark of The Mist" (some Naruto refrences to support the space NINJAS narative). when killing an enemy marked with that mark, the Mist pool gains a set amount of mist (something like 50-60 mist).

THE ACTUAL PASSIVE: this mist decays SLOWLY over time,while having the Mist counter charged, Hydroid gains that mist amount as a Mist Armor buff.

Moreover, Hydroid may charge that mist into ANY ability using the existing charge michanic buffing that abilities damage and base range (so it isnt multiplying the final range) by up to 50% each, dipending of course on the amount of mist charged. And even improving each ability in its own way:

- The range increase when chargeing an ability with Mist should in my opinion increase the width of  Tidal Surge

- The kraken from Tentacle Swarm should emit a radial stager the size of the ability range the opens enemies to finishers for 8 os so seconds / or staight up a radial blind for 8s using that eye thingy on its head.

- Tempest Barrage gets the added damage as slash damage with a forced proc (to help Condition Overload build for example).

- Mark Of Poseidon (undertow replacement see further) gets an additional 2m radius.

For each enemy marked by the mist , Hydroid gets a 3% multiplicative  MELEE damage increase capped at 30% (to help my dude with dealing damage).

remove the charge on Tentacle Swarm. (See balance note)

Mark Of Poseidon: (undertow replacement): Undertow is a slow ability for such a fast paced game, but I think that should be embraced to encourage other playstyles.

with that said, it is still far too slow to be effective.

so I think replacing it should bring the best of both worlds, Mark Of Poseidon is an ability that impales a single enemy (like Nezhas Divene spears but U know, with a water/gold trident) creating an area (radius) where Hydroid and allies gets 10% of their MISSING health per second, and the ON CAST armor of the mist buff of Hydroid  while in that radius (the armor value in the exact moment of the ability cast.)

A BALACE NOTE:

-  Casting Tentacle Swarm depletes the mist counter completely, but adds 1s base duration for every 100 mist depleted.

something that I think justifies having a 1200 cap for the mist pool. (the mist is easily used and depletes passively).

• P - 1200 armor and the the ability to add up to 50% strength/range to an ability is really good for this game's standard.
  • 1 - Slash procs do nothing to help this near worthless ability, and won't help 97% of CO melees
  • 2 - Every operator can do Tidal Surge for free. In this age you need to change it to be good like Worm Hole, Cloud Walker, etc... or get rid of it.
  • 3 - A worse Blood Alter (that every frame can already use), for just up to 1.3x melee damage.
  • 4 - An 8 second radial blind won't help with any of the problems this ability has.

Instead of really sticking to his theme, you seem to be trying to make him a melee frame; That of which will never compare to melee frames like Gauss.

I kinda want Tidal Surge to made into a passive alteration to dodging and sprinting while active.

Basically, Sprint = Tidal Surge. Dodge Roll is Tidal Surge but only travels a dodge roll worth of distance. 

I also want his 1 to behave more like Xaku's Grasp. Hold it to start spawning Cannons behind Hydroid in a line, release to fire all cannons in a single devastating barrage.

Change Kraken into a Sentinel type pet. It has a model, just make it permanently visible, uses sentinel mods and have the summon button cause the Kraken to do what it does now, losing him as a companion but it grabs mobs the way it normally does for a duration before returning to your side. 

Undertow is fine IMO. It has its uses, both defensive and offensive.

Also let the cannons be moddable using Primary mods. Would allow it to scale more properly into Steel Path.

Archived