Jump to content

Warframe Content Review 2020


Teoarrk

Recommended Posts

With 2020 over, I found myself having mixed feelings about Warframe. I was curious as to what the general consensus was of people across the community, so I wrote a questionnaire. 

I am planning on collecting data for a few weeks, before sifting through the responses and presenting them somewhere on the forums, but most likely in response to this topic.

Note: I will be not collecting anything more than answers. Google Forms has a collect emails checkbox which I have disabled.

Do you have a couple of minutes?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdboQTNQETx5H9DTS9EFsLlWaJCn6L1c7SGEa-0sSwHmFZKjg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Done OP, you missed an option btw, The thing that i want to see because i truly fo fear for it is balance in 2021.

Why now?, It's always been an issue but it's starting to really add up lately. Steel Path was supposed to be our high difficultly option. Unfortunately we can smash level 9000+ enemies in one single hit sooo level 100+ enemies meant nothing. Unfortunately to get to 9000+ enemies you have to sit in survival for 8+ hours.....

Hmm let me try this again...

We are THE SUPERMAN of this universe versing normal humans. It's fun for abit but eventually you want your Doomsday for a true challenge. Every year that goes by we grow infinitely stronger while our enemies grow weaker.

dc comics superman GIF

They nerfed Khora Whip only to give us a stronger version via Glaive Prime combo that pushes 10 million dps easily per explosion without a broken Riven in the same patch.They gave us Voidrigs 4 and soon we will bring that power into normal missions with Protea.What's gonna be this years power creep?, I mean we got builds like Pillage Mesa and Warcry Chroma from Helminth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Why now?, It's always been an issue but it's starting to really add up lately. Steel Path was supposed to be our high difficultly option. Unfortunately we can smash level 9000+ enemies in one single hit sooo level 100+ enemies meant nothing. Unfortunately to get to 9000+ enemies you have to sit in survival for 8+ hours.....

Hmm let me try this again...

We are THE SUPERMAN of this universe versing normal humans. It's fun for abit but eventually you want your Doomsday for a true challenge. Every year that goes by we grow infinitely stronger while our enemies grow weaker.

I would write that in the wordy sections in the end. I am now at almost 300 responses and you are not the only person to suggest that balance is an issue. Those wordy sections are not a dump where longform answers go to die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I would write that in the wordy sections in the end. I am now at almost 300 responses and you are not the only person to suggest that balance is an issue. Those wordy sections are not a dump where longform answers go to die.

Teoarrk it's nothing new, this conversation happens every single year. Nothing will come of this like all the previous ones. It's just me venting the same thing. To balance Warframe the changes needed would be so great that it would cause untold issues.

You will make a forum post like those before that collected the data and it will die and be forgotten as usual. I wish it wasn't true but i know too well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man, I just realised that I should totally have written 'Frost' in the rework section instead of what I wrote. He really desperatly needs a lift up, something like Ember got (As in something just as extensive and fun)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Teoarrk it's nothing new, this conversation happens every single year. Nothing will come of this like all the previous ones. It's just me venting the same thing. To balance Warframe the changes needed would be so great that it would cause untold issues.

You will make a forum post like those before that collected the data and it will die and be forgotten as usual. I wish it wasn't true but i know too well.

I don't think balance is necessarily difficult, but it doesn't have the same pride of place in a PvE looter shooter than a PvP driven experience. Even League of Legends and War Thunder have power creep issues that will eventually get fixed. DE might not have the kind of incentive to do so, just in the same way that Gearbox puts better weapons in each DLC; it'll get people engaged and spending money. The elephant in the room is Rivens, which I can't see them removing, nor do I see them retiring the meta arcanes. What has to change then is their approach to challenge. The best thing DE  can do on that end is to look at the tools available to players and make them moot, or less effective. Maybe 2021 will bring with it more boss reworks that focus on player ability than all the things that a player has accumulated to remove the difficulty of the game. But we will have to see if the Glassmaker was a one off or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Don't you think it's weird DE themselves didn't do one of these?  

Not really as DE has access to all the statistical information of what is played and what is not.

I find it concerning that what they don't have is the individual statistics on "why" people play or use certain content over other content.

To get that they could do a survey but where exactly?

 

Anything other than providing survey's inside the game itself is prone to bias based upon the use or non use of the platform (type of website) they release the survey on.

Even a survey released in game would have at least some bias towards those who like to take surveys and against those who don't want their playtime interrupted.

 

I still think a survey released in game would be more accurate than anything else and would at least give normal players a way to state why they do or do not enjoy particular content. (If the questions were open ended and not just multiple choice.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aesthier said:

I still think a survey released in game would be more accurate than anything else and would at least give normal players a way to state why they do or do not enjoy particular content. (If the questions were open ended and not just multiple choice.)

I think that if they made a habit of it, then it would get more precise 'in the moment' information and people would be more able to directly communicate their grievances. The way I've formatted this survey is simply because I'm doing this alone and when it comes time to collate everything, I want to be able to deliver the results in a timely manner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Bryuf said:

Oh man, I just realised that I should totally have written 'Frost' in the rework section instead of what I wrote. He really desperatly needs a lift up, something like Ember got (As in something just as extensive and fun)

You....you leave my godframe Frost alone!! Grrrrr. I said GRRRRRR!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GEN-Son_17 said:

You....you leave my godframe Frost alone!! Grrrrr. I said GRRRRRR!!!

Frost is lovely but he's also hopelessly behind when compared to most other warframes. His whole defense gimmick which is the only thing that's really left for him is pretty much being taken over by more capable defenders and the fact that the need for defensive abilties is being reduced by how OP offense is isn't helping. Frost was my first aquired frame and the one I used for all the main story quests so he has a special place in my heart but man, he needs an overhaul to make him up to date in the current meta

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Don't you think it's weird DE themselves didn't do one of these?  

They gave a sample of their stat collection and analysis during Scarlet Spear. The issue is:

the forums + reddit + every streamer + each streamer's comment section + youtuber unbiased comments + emails + in game chat + their own stream comments + vets + noobs + casuals + young kids + teens + adult players = a huge bucket of contradicting packets of data. Dude, this forum can't even handle Khora no longer hitting enemies through walls at 1000ft away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bryuf said:

Frost is lovely but he's also hopelessly behind when compared to most other warframes. His whole defense gimmick which is the only thing that's really left for him is pretty much being taken over by more capable defenders and the fact that the need for defensive abilties is being reduced by how OP offense is isn't helping. Frost was my first aquired frame and the one I used for all the main story quests so he has a special place in my heart but man, he needs an overhaul to make him up to date in the current meta

I'll add to this as i am more shocked that we have Tenno that dispute his needed overhaul. As someone who littarly has a Frost tattoo. All frames can do the gimmicky boring sit in SP 5+ hours for the level 5000+ test.Frost is fundamentally useless in this current version of Warframe and even in his previous game version he was only so so but still a one trick horse.

Those that fail to recognise the true issues of Frost will only see the frame fall further and further behind as he gets out classed by everything.

To see the Frost King reborn is a dream many of us hold, please don't step in the way.

arnold schwarzenegger polar vortex GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Aesthier said:

Not really as DE has access to all the statistical information of what is played and what is not.

I find it concerning that what they don't have is the individual statistics on "why" people play or use certain content over other content.

To get that they could do a survey but where exactly?

 

Anything other than providing survey's inside the game itself is prone to bias based upon the use or non use of the platform (type of website) they release the survey on.

Even a survey released in game would have at least some bias towards those who like to take surveys and against those who don't want their playtime interrupted.

 

I still think a survey released in game would be more accurate than anything else and would at least give normal players a way to state why they do or do not enjoy particular content. (If the questions were open ended and not just multiple choice.)

It's just weird. .  I started playing Genshin impact and they have already done at lease 3..in game...   just makes DE look like they don't care or know better. ..  Steve did one himself last year. ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

I'll add to this as i am more shocked that we have Tenno that dispute his needed overhaul. As someone who littarly has a Frost tattoo. All frames can do the gimmicky boring sit in SP 5+ hours for the level 5000+ test.Frost is fundamentally useless in this current version of Warframe and even in his previous game version he was only so so but still a one trick horse.

Those that fail to recognise the true issues of Frost will only see the frame fall further and further behind as he gets out classed by everything.

To see the Frost King reborn is a dream many of us hold, please don't step in the way.

arnold schwarzenegger polar vortex GIF

Frost is one of the few warframes that has a completely usable kit. Every defensive ability has powerful offensive, cc and utility capabilities built into them. Let's look at this:

His 1 stops hard hitters but also slows nearby goons, all in one, quick, low cost shot. Built in freeze, slow, aoe...and that's just his first ability. Add in an augment that can turn a toxin weapon into a viral one or beef up cold damage too!? Why would I change that?

His 2, without the augment, staggers, hits hard and can cover a huge area. Add in Ice Wave Impedance and Ice Wave now commands the entire battlefield while giving your squad an offensive form of DR (slow movements, slow bullets = excellent SQUAD survivability. Why would I change that?

 His 3 not only does its signature job of protection, it also has built in cc and is one of the hardest hitting tileset weapons in the game! Launch a wide range bubble within a heavy crowd and anything hitting a wall is getting destroyed. Those that survive are frozen...and that's from his key DEFENSIVE ability! Don't want it anymore? Then fire your 1 at it and aoe blast enemies again! Why would I change that?

His 4 stops everything, strips armor and can provide ice armor with the augment. Nuff said. Why would I want to change that? 

To be honest, DE is right to keep his energy capacity low. He's extremely dangerous, hard to kill, compliments any squad and DOES NOT NEED TO BE TOUCHED. Currently, I'm going for a range build, adding the Probicsis bow (proc gathering), Zekti Prime (stagger + proc) and the infested glaive (insane damage) to compliment his abilities. Nothing touches him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Frost is one of the few warframes that has a completely usable kit. Every defensive ability has powerful offensive, cc and utility capabilities built into them. Let's look at this:

His 1 stops hard hitters but also slows nearby goons, all in one, quick, low cost shot. Built in freeze, slow, aoe...and that's just his first ability. Add in an augment that can turn a toxin weapon into a viral one or beef up cold damage too!? Why would I change that?

His 2, without the augment, staggers, hits hard and can cover a huge area. Add in Ice Wave Impedance and Ice Wave now commands the entire battlefield while giving your squad an offensive form of DR (slow movements, slow bullets = excellent SQUAD survivability. Why would I change that?

 His 3 not only does its signature job of protection, it also has built in cc and is one of the hardest hitting tileset weapons in the game! Launch a wide range bubble within a heavy crowd and anything hitting a wall is getting destroyed. Those that survive are frozen...and that's from his key DEFENSIVE ability! Don't want it anymore? Then fire your 1 at it and aoe blast enemies again! Why would I change that?

His 4 stops everything, strips armor and can provide ice armor with the augment. Nuff said. Why would I want to change that? 

To be honest, DE is right to keep his energy capacity low. He's extremely dangerous, hard to kill, compliments any squad and DOES NOT NEED TO BE TOUCHED. Currently, I'm going for a range build, adding the Probicsis bow (proc gathering), Zekti Prime (stagger + proc) and the infested glaive (insane damage) to compliment his abilities. Nothing touches him.

Full House 90S Tv GIF

I can see your a new lad to Warframe and i really don't want to have to explain the issues again (no offense intended). This isn't the first time a new lad has failed to understand the difference.

Just watch Brozimes video on it and you'll understand that a rework is not doom and gloom. But please for the love of the Lotus, Don't say that Frost is a god. Take him in Steel Path survival for a few hours. He is one of the hardest Warframes to do relying directly on his weapons and knock back.

Just watch this please and let this be the end of this.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Full House 90S Tv GIF

I can see your a new lad to Warframe and i really don't want to have to explain the issues again (no offense intended). This isn't the first time a new lad has failed to understand the difference.

Just watch Brozimes video on it and you'll understand that a rework is not doom and gloom. But please for the love of the Lotus, Don't say that Frost is a god. Take him in Steel Path survival for a few hours. He is one of the hardest Warframes to do relying directly on his weapons and knock back.

Just watch this please and let this be the end of this.

 

 

 

Frost has been my main for half a decade. I'm currently in the steel path with him with zero issues. I originally didn't like SP but, with the acolytes now in the mix, I'm thoroughly having a blast. Also, if you're referencing "a few hours in survival" as your bases then that's not how you judge what needs a rework. ALL of the SP meta patterns are similar, which is why YOU DON'T BASE THE GAME OFF OF SP OR SUPER LONG SURVIVAL. Here's proof:

Gather and cc the enemy, strip armor/shields, and then do a big damage aoe. In Frost's case, that's the proboscis cernos + avalanche --> pathocyst explosion or bubble (which gives true damage with wall impacts). That's easy to do and, thanks to shield gating + adaptation or rolling guard, most warframes are long game viable.

Lastly, "new lad"? Brozime? You sent me to a youtuber!? Yo, you serious? I'm done with you kid. Learn on your own like I did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...