Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Content Review 2020

Teoarrk

2 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

Frost has been my main for half a decade. I'm currently in the steel path with him with zero issues. I originally didn't like SP but, with the acolytes now in the mix, I'm thoroughly having a blast. Also, if you're referencing "a few hours in survival" as your bases then that's not how you judge what needs a rework. ALL of the SP meta patterns are similar, which is why YOU DON'T BASE THE GAME OFF OF SP OR SUPER LONG SURVIVAL. Here's proof:

Gather and cc the enemy, strip armor/shields, and then do a big damage aoe. In Frost's case, that's the proboscis cernos + avalanche --> pathocyst explosion or bubble (which gives true damage with wall impacts). That's easy to do and, thanks to shield gating + adaptation or rolling guard, most warframes are long game viable.

Lastly, "new lad"? Brozime? You sent me to a youtuber!? Yo, you serious? I'm done with you kid. Learn on your own like I did.

My lord what is wrong with the new Tenno. Did you seriously just disregard Brozime because of a stigma towards content creators without looking at the video?.

This is why you don't have a leg to stand on, your childish and flagrant disregard to understand the why. Learn on your own, your joking correct?. Have you even dared to look at my profile?. i have been with Warframe from the start of PSN area, I'm MR30 with almost every dang thing in the game owned with every single frame formad 3 ways to sunday.

Brozime simply explains in the video, had you dared to look. Regarding the issues with him in plain english and how he can be reworked while leaving his kit intact.

But sure jump down the throat again... like a child.

3 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Just watched 11 minutes of brozime basically just wanting to change how cold procs work and adding that to frost.

That would be 'cool' <-- pun.

He does have a bit of an oversimplified view on how people use frost though. Adding more power would be nice, but i still dont see it as very nessecary.

In any case, thanks for letting me know what its all about. I usually ignore anything brozime makes because i cant stand his: 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllriight' at the beginning of his videos, but he didnt even do that this time😅

lol indeed but it definitely would be such a great way to rework Frost while keeping his kit in one piece. Cold has needed love anyway so a two bird situation. Imagine if one day the meta involved cold procs...

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

While Brozime definitely has a way of over simplifying things. I do find his knowledge very resourceful regarding pure stats and percentages. Some people refuse to even listen to what they have to say and then make up their own mind regarding it.

I do believe his Frost rework is definelity an amazing idea because of it's focus in the cold itself over the frame.

21 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

a huge bucket of contradicting packets of data.

Theres more !

Add facebook, twitter and discord and oh Steam forums too. I agree with you I cant imagine the stats they make.  I recall Rebb saying something about 'enjoying' doing some charts, dont think thats the word I would use tbh.

7 hours ago, Prexades said:

I don't have anything nice to say. DE broke stuff, they fixed some stuff and then broke the stuff they fixed. A lot of half baked content and balancing changed that no sense at all.

Negatives are just as important as positives. Speak your mind.

3 hours ago, Krilexis said:

Theres more !

Add facebook, twitter and discord and oh Steam forums too. I agree with you I cant imagine the stats they make.  I recall Rebb saying something about 'enjoying' doing some charts, dont think thats the word I would use tbh.

They are....interesting. Lol! I have employees that absolutely LOVE stat collection and analysis. I can't even imagine the filtering process: outside influences, bad day, bad call, bad kid, news reports, bad day in traffic, bad night's rest, bad weather....my God the filtering! Lol!

12 hours ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

My lord what is wrong with the new Tenno. Did you seriously just disregard Brozime because of a stigma towards content creators without looking at the video?.

This is why you don't have a leg to stand on, your childish and flagrant disregard to understand the why. Learn on your own, your joking correct?. Have you even dared to look at my profile?. i have been with Warframe from the start of PSN area, I'm MR30 with almost every dang thing in the game owned with every single frame formad 3 ways to sunday.

Brozime simply explains in the video, had you dared to look. Regarding the issues with him in plain english and how he can be reworked while leaving his kit intact.

But sure jump down the throat again... like a child.

To sum up Brozime's argument, from an MR 28 player's perspective who has played since the old tier system and map days (so drop the crap), he said cold needs to do damage "because it's cold damage". Cold DOES damage...all elements do. Its PROC has a powerful cc to it that would be overkill with a damage buff. Like I said, Brozime associates everything with dps. He is a specific type of player with a specific mentality of the game. His style of play is not mine and not many others...that's the beauty of the game.

Lastly, he criticized Ice Wave's damage before he even bothered to look at the values and realize it's already potent. He followed up with triple buffing it?? That's dumb as hell. Dude, his build was already showcasing how powerful Frost is and you can easily tell how much he had to second guess himself choosing to make the video without testing his build first. "Extra, multiplicative based on the amount of enemies standing on frozen ground...while also slowing then freezing the enemies in the process. That just sounds extraordinarily op. His avalanche already strips armor AND freezes enemies (aka, perfect cc). 

So, no, I don't listen to most youtubers like Brozime. Not my style.

Wanted to do the thing... but it's not that easy.

I play Warframe since 2-3 years and there was a lot to do, so i played a lot.
Now that i own anything that you can farm (only miss some arcanes that you dont need... why farm for kitgun arcanes if normal arcanes are stronger?) i want but cant really play.

Would i recommand Warframe? Yes, but not because how things are going... it's more about the fact that you can play it for like 2000 hours before you run into the problems that you can get new stuff but the stuff that you can get is pointless.  2000 hours of gameplay is a lot of value for a game that you can play for free...

Warframes problem is that it takes them 6-18 months to then come out with a gamemode that uses the same levels that you play since day1 with higher enemy lvls....
If you would make the same game with UE4 you could do this in 2 days... add a week or two for making the lichs for example + the time for the voiceovers.
Creating a openworld takes longer, but in the end we just got a map with tunnles that have doors that open/close with a script. The hardest part here is creating the mashes and textures... if you see people play Citys Skylines or Parkbuilders you can see that it doesnt take 12 month to create something that looks nice with premade assets.

The Mechs are nice, but i really dislike the fact that stuff takes them years to build, while the only reason for this is that they feel the need to reinvent the wheel.
Why do i say this? We have 3 open worlds and any world has different rules on how to farm for stuff. Creating those systems (that are buggy ANYTIME at launch) is unneeded extra work that creates problems that shouldnt be there.

It's really hard for me to understand why corpus railjack isnt out yet, because all they need to do is replacing the assets with corpus skins and that's it.... how can it take you more than one year to create some skins and sounds?

Lichs are just enemys that use random bodyparts.... any MMO could replace bodyparts if you get a new armour. By that DE speed/logic any RPG would take 20-30 years.

The openworlds are small and feel a bit empty. You can use stuff like "Worldmachine" to create random maps of that side and brush forrest on it... build some fences and add spawners.... DONE. You could use a VR headset to create the plants that they have on the planet in 1-2 days.... that is not impressive at all and you can find people creating real art on Youtube in a very short time. I REALLY dont undersand what takes them so long.

I mean watch some "speed levelart" on youtube and you should see what i'm talking about. And coders that know the engine can create whole games in 7 days.
I dont even understand why the buy menu has to be remade with any openworld. I bet it took them weeks to create "the family" and the animation when you talk to them, while a normal NPC race would've done it just as well.

BUT they had to remove the wrack to make any old video/guide outdated and create Damos...Damous.... mus...?
I'm MR30 and dont even know how you spell that planet and most people that i played with did quit and dont want to come back anymore.

And if you played scalet spear the new event is a joke (1 frame and 1 weapon to get), while farming for arcanes (if you didnt get them in the spear event) takes way 2 long

4 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

To sum up Brozime's argument, from an MR 28 player's perspective who has played since the old tier system and map days (so drop the crap), he said cold needs to do damage "because it's cold damage". Cold DOES damage...all elements do. Its PROC has a powerful cc to it that would be overkill with a damage buff. Like I said, Brozime associates everything with dps. He is a specific type of player with a specific mentality of the game. His style of play is not mine and not many others...that's the beauty of the game.

Lastly, he criticized Ice Wave's damage before he even bothered to look at the values and realize it's already potent. He followed up with triple buffing it?? That's dumb as hell. Dude, his build was already showcasing how powerful Frost is and you can easily tell how much he had to second guess himself choosing to make the video without testing his build first. "Extra, multiplicative based on the amount of enemies standing on frozen ground...while also slowing then freezing the enemies in the process. That just sounds extraordinarily op. His avalanche already strips armor AND freezes enemies (aka, perfect cc). 

So, no, I don't listen to most youtubers like Brozime. Not my style.

I'm honestly tired of trying to get you to see differently and i can see how little you truly understand the game. It's obvious we won't see eye to eye and my paitence for this is getting thin.

But do not get in the way of talks over buffs to Frost. But for the last flippin time ALL FRAMES are gods in the game, none of them are bloody weak. Frost however requires some catch up buffs to be on par with the other GODS. I was hoping a simple video would be enough to make you go, aah righto i see what you are talking about. It's not doom or gloom and it's not messing with his dang kit. So stop with the whining about messing with him.

Also as someone who has enjoyed Brozime for over 7 years, i am disgusted at how little you gave towards his opinion. He is one of the pillars of the community and has had a large part in helping Warframe over the years.

Second guessed his video.... if you knew him at all you would know how silly that line that is, but no you think your better than our content creators.. sorry it's not your *style*.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

I'm honestly tired of trying to get you to see differently and i can see how little you truly understand the game. It's obvious we won't see eye to eye and my paitence for this is getting thin.

But do not get in the way of talks over buffs to Frost. Also as someone who has enjoyed Brozime for over 7 years, i am disgusted at how little you gave towards his opinion. He is one of the pillars of the community and has had a large part in helping Warframe over the years.

Second guessed his video.... if you knew him at all you would know how silly that line that is, but no you think your better than our content creators.. sorry it's not your *style*.

Agreed - we're both tired of each other's opinions and I'm quite sure the community is too. I don't agree with power creep, especially when those who call for it also call for more difficult. Therefore, I agree to end my part of the discussion here. To everyone else, my apologies.

Just now, GEN-Son_17 said:

Agreed - we're both tired of each other's opinions and I'm quite sure the community is too. I don't agree with power creep, especially when those who call for it also call for more difficult. Therefore, I agree to end my part of the discussion here. To everyone else, my apologies.

I'll agree to this, it's a pointless exercise if you wanna continue this my inbox is open. If you wanna start talking power creep verse scaling now and i am happy to explain mechanics to ya.

To the OP sorry for hijacking your thread to teach new Tenno.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

I'll agree to this, it's a pointless exercise if you wanna continue this my inbox is open. If you wanna start talking power creep verse scaling now and i am happy to explain mechanics to ya.

To the OP sorry for hijacking your thread to teach new Tenno.

No worries. I can understand that talk is bound to happen when review and opinion is right there on the table. Everyone has a different experience of the game and come from different angles when talking about it. The discussion you've had here paints a perfectly good example of that.

2 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

No worries. I can understand that talk is bound to happen when review and opinion is right there on the table. Everyone has a different experience of the game and come from different angles when talking about it. The discussion you've had here paints a perfectly good example of that.

Yep it certainly does when conflicting feedback and expierences occur and it's something to always be mindful of and while i disagree with their opinion heavily, i value their right to say it. Although i still hope that one day DE would bring feedback forms into the game itself via the inbox system. Offering a small reward like a forma pack would certainly go a long way to collecting alot of feedback from those playing.

The developers don't care for the simple fact it isn't required.

In warframe, if there is MR in it or an item behind it will be grinded. When was the last time you saw an improvement in gameplay quality?

Copy-pasting the planet-grinds, RNG liches and 5 forma items the intent is obvious.

Turn up the grind another notch and watch them accept that, then turn it up another notch.

If you compare the construction of original frames with someone like xaku demanding 2 entire planet-grinds with 8 different grinds and intertwined ingredients, you have entirety of the last 4 years of game development in a nutshell.

"Increase the grind" powerpoint presentation.

It's great people are dedicated, loyal and interested but the flipside of those people is selling out over nothing and accepting just about anything, ultimately doing a disservice to their own interests and sabotating it for everyone.

Though for warframe developers I will say they seem like do have some degree of professional pride left even if they can't help themselves act corporate.

On 2021-01-13 at 12:20 AM, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

This is why you don't have a leg to stand on

Yours is just:

-Endurance runs

-A youtuber said so

Coming up with a list of what doesn't need to be changed would be shorter in regards to Endurance SP runs. Damage gets to the point where anything that doesn't pretty much turn off the enemies or abuse shield gate, assuming you're not in an area with 1 shot toxin damage, won't survive.

There's also the "rework" issue, many people view reworking characters in games as altering them on a functional level. What was proposed was a rework to cold, the damage type, and not the Warframe. The proposed changes to Frost, the Warframe, would be better labeled as buffs. Neither of which even solve your apparent issues with Frost; he would still be heavily reliant on his weapons, bubble, and 4th skill. At the end of the day, he's a defensive Warframe with armor stripping, and other than completely changing him or going against your view and power creeping him, he'll remain that way.

The main thing I can agree on though, is his armor strip should have a higher base. Some older Warframes have odd restrictions on their armor strip that make no sense when you consider the current state of the game's balance. Like how Nyx has a low target cap, Oberon requiring strength and multiple casts, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived