Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for a good fast enough melee weapon, any suggestions?

Username_I_Guess

Question

I am mastery level 3, and I want a weapon. I tried the scindo but the attacks are too slow for me and I don't like that playstyle. Any suggestions on a weapon that I can get/soon get that don't feel like it's slowing me down? I guess I don't like that it stops me up when attacking and the attacks move too slow if that helps you figuring out what I am after.

7 answers to this question

there are certain mods that are really helpful with speeding you up. these include fury, primed fury, quickening, and berserker. berserker is the biggest speed buff, so if you can get your hands on one of those thats a good thing. id also suggest the guandao as a nice melee, tho you need to rank youself up one more time to use it. the guanao should pretty easily get you through most of the early game.

I like polearms.  Long reach like a heavy weapon, good attack speeds, and plenty of damage.  You can get heavy weapons to perform with a speed more like a regular weapon, but at mr3, you won't have the needed mods.

That said, what is it you to DO like about heavy weapons rather than just what you don't? 

1 minute ago, mkah_mvet said:

I like polearms.  Long reach like a heavy weapon, good attack speeds, and plenty of damage.  You can get heavy weapons to perform with a speed more like a regular weapon, but at mr3, you won't have the needed mods.

That said, what is it you to DO like about heavy weapons rather than just what you don't? 

I like how heavy weapons deal tons of damage so I don't feel like a fly but rather a large destructive force

1 hour ago, Username_I_Guess said:

I am mastery level 3, and I want a weapon. I tried the scindo but the attacks are too slow for me and I don't like that playstyle. Any suggestions on a weapon that I can get/soon get that don't feel like it's slowing me down? I guess I don't like that it stops me up when attacking and the attacks move too slow if that helps you figuring out what I am after.

Dual Zoren

If agility and high dam is ur playstyle then wait till youre mr 4 and do the deadlock protocol

There u will get a glaive called xoris

Its basically a throwing giant frisbee but if fully modded will be powerful

I dont frequently use it but i got 8000 total kills from it

22 hours ago, Username_I_Guess said:

I like how heavy weapons deal tons of damage so I don't feel like a fly but rather a large destructive force

Is it about the damage itself, or is it the animations, a feeling of swinging something significant?

If it's about liking the animations and you just want them to go fast, then yeah, some attack speed mods, especially berserker.  Nothing really has the feel of swinging something heavy outside of heavy weapons.  The hard part will be collecting the essential mods.

If it's about the damage itself, pretty much any weapon class has high damage weapons that you just need to mod well.  At MR3 you might just want to test out a variety of weapon types to get a feel for their animation sets, then come back and ask "what are the best weapons in x category?"  A bonus of doing that, you should get a few more mastery ranks and start to have access to more options.  There are some melee weapons I equip mostly just because it looks good on a given warframe.

At MR3 your access to the best weapons will be limited.  And any weapon will require a good collection of mods + catalyst + forma to really reach its potential, which your access might also be limited at mr3. 

Archived