Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Let Us Run Nova-Free And Rhino-Free If We Want Too

fmultimedia

People have been giving all sorts of reasons for why this event is bad. But really, having to run with op one-button novas and rhinos is so bad, but so awful, that it outshines every other possible flaw with the event.

So, if the de's aren't going to fix their op'ness any time soon, they should at least give us a check box reading "op-free" and which allowed us to go in runs free of novas and rhinos. It's amazing how whenever I don't have either in the team, the run is actually fun.

the levels of the event thus far, excluding arcadia were ranging from 19-21, id expect a few dif warframe ults being able to clear the room

Rhino

Excal

Mag

Nova

Saryn---small room? maybe bigger?

ember---small room?  maybe bigger?

volt

edit, correct me if im wrong or if I left anyone out

inb4threadturnstonerfnovathread

Edited by TheDrift

To be honest, doing 100 exterminates is quite tedious. I guess I can accept the fact that you want to have fun, because going slower and just using weapons to take out enemies has been fun. At some point however, you have 99 missions to go and just want to get through them all.

Also, Nova and Rhino aren't the only frames that can do this.

So funny story.  Did you know you can invite people together to create groups and coordinate them in any way you like.  I mean hell DE has gone out their way to create a self serve mode that allows you to restrict what ever you want all you have to do is use the contacts list. 

If that isn't to your liking strap on your leveling gear a leach like a mofo, contribute where you can but if they are gonna hog the kills you should just maximize your reward for their effort.  Don't think of it like they are stealing your kills to piss you off, think of it as having anonymous xp gathering servants you just have to chase.

I'm always happy to help, good luck!

the levels of the event thus far, excluding arcadia were ranging from 19-21, id expect a few dif warframe ults being able to clear the room

You'd expect so, yes. Still, it's mainly (almost) only novas and rhinos who do so consistently whenever they get a glimpse of a shadow of an enemy.

Finally, novas and rhinos clear much more than a single room every time.

And I'd have to do that every time I went online?

If you really wanted specific warframes, yes.  Remember some people are using this event to level new frames too,  and id expect ults to be the first thing dropped on a new frame (nova) for this particular event

Rhino

Excal

Mag

Nova

Saryn---small room? maybe bigger?

ember---small room?  maybe bigger?

edit, correct me if im wrong or if I left anyone out

inb4threadturnstonerfnovathread

Volt is always left out....

solo

/thread

Oh I don't mind kill stealing or whatever. Actually, I'm very happy to play support roles. What I don't like is the fact that if you get your way wrong as much as one step, you won't see a single living enemy right to the extraction. True story that has happened so many times.

About making a team: yes, been trying to do that, harder when you have strict time slots to play.

About soloing: that's I've done more than half the missions so far. Still, this is a multiplayer game, and is more fun that way. Having those two warframes make it single player again, or better, one-button player is so very annoying.

Edited by fmultimedia

Why? The event is rather boring as anyone with a Braton and some decent mods can easily waltz through at these levels. Especially if they side with Grineer that can rickroll Corpussies even on their own.

Hell, I've been using most of the event to level up my Trinity and random trashy equipment like the Boar (after I finished to level my Nova, the Ogris, Dual Zorens, Ignis).

Without frames with room-clearing atomic fart abilities it would be even more boring.

Let me guess, you play Grineer (easy mode), so you don't have to deal with Napalms and Rollers and such. Well, let me tell you: I just tried to do a Corpus mission on Arcadia as Nova without using M Prime/Soma, and the squad basically died in the first room.

Let me guess, you play Grineer (easy mode), so you don't have to deal with Napalms and Rollers and such. Well, let me tell you: I just tried to do a Corpus mission on Arcadia as Nova without using M Prime/Soma, and the squad basically died in the first room.

Grineer (easy mode)

Corpus (Nightmare mode)

The logic has it ladys and gentlemen. Give this Tenno a medal for pointing it out to the Grineer. Shame they will claim "B-but corpus take 100 shots to die and Grineer die in 1 bullet"

I don't know where people are getting this idea that Grineer are harder to beat than the Corpus. I exclusively go to kiste for quick exp as Trinity. The Grineer are not a difficult faction.