Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Repost] Taming Riven Mods RNG Proposal.

DrivaMain

8 hours ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

I'm not a fan of kuva-rolling milestones. It feels liked of strange and different from other systems in WF, at least to me, and I think for most people it wouldn't accomplish much and I think fixing the rng will make it unnecessary

DE wants players to engage in a system long term. This is why we have standing caps and other time gated mechanics. My suggestion aims to hopefully convince DE because this suggestion goes well with their progression design.

RNG is just one part of the issues plaguing rivens.

I'd rather they reworked them even further:

- The bonuses/penalties should be additive, not a multiplier

- Make the progress like the focus schools: invest kuva to build up a particular bonus/penalty and the capacity of the riven, so I can choose particular sets for load-outs. After all, there are modular weapons, so make my rivens modular as well ;-) Plus, I'd rather the time I put in to actually always count as progress instead of allowing me a few turns at the jackpot.

- This would also allow for fun and unique abilities to be added to weapons, like they now do with weapon-specific mods. Or perhaps allowing us to helminth-merge those augment mods with rivens to unlock them as a new 'node' on the riven would be even better.

Anyway, something like this would be a valid long-term end-game system allowing us to play around and take the customization of our favorite weapons to new heights. Additionally the move from multiplicative to additive, combined with disposition would actually allow them to use rivens to decrease the gap between good and bad weapons. 

On 2021-01-20 at 6:01 PM, Angwah said:

RNG is just one part of the issues plaguing rivens.

I'd rather they reworked them even further:

- The bonuses/penalties should be additive, not a multiplier

- Make the progress like the focus schools: invest kuva to build up a particular bonus/penalty and the capacity of the riven, so I can choose particular sets for load-outs. After all, there are modular weapons, so make my rivens modular as well ;-) Plus, I'd rather the time I put in to actually always count as progress instead of allowing me a few turns at the jackpot.

- This would also allow for fun and unique abilities to be added to weapons, like they now do with weapon-specific mods. Or perhaps allowing us to helminth-merge those augment mods with rivens to unlock them as a new 'node' on the riven would be even better.

Anyway, something like this would be a valid long-term end-game system allowing us to play around and take the customization of our favorite weapons to new heights. Additionally the move from multiplicative to additive, combined with disposition would actually allow them to use rivens to decrease the gap between good and bad weapons. 

Your suggestion has one downside. It will wreck the Warframe economy because I may conclude that your suggestion made rivens no longer respected in the market.

I like your suggestion of making riven stats additive. It will definitely help those forgotten off meta weapons. +30% base CC stug would be awesome.

9 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Your suggestion has one downside. It will wreck the Warframe economy because I may conclude that your suggestion made rivens no longer respected in the market.

I like your suggestion of making riven stats additive. It will definitely help those forgotten off meta weapons. +30% base CC stug would be awesome.

Not so sure this suggestion will tank the riven market. That is actually a numbers question, namely how much kuva filling the nodes of a riven will cost, even if it would only be the good stats, and you could go for more than those. As always you'll be paying platinum for the time someone spent getting the kuva, just like it is now. 

I'm sure that the making rivens additive will actually be the main game changer. All those none-meta weapons with high dispositions becoming more attractive while making sure the numbers of the low disposition ones will result in something close to what they are now, perhaps even a bit less, should overall result in a healthier market. After all, such a change would make not just the 15 to 30 s-tier weapon rivens with the right stats desirable, but a crapton more as well, and there's only so much kuva you can grind in a day.

The issue with rivens, is until certain people with the power to decide these things change their minds, improvements are likely to never be made. A certain someone thinks well-rolled rivens are over powered and that rng "balances" it out, because you know, allowing a small portion of the player base to have what they consider too good is good balance.

Considering I won't ever expect anything to regards to rolling stats to ever change, I would like it if at the bare minimum rivens were just separated by weapon types.

Melee for example, any weapon that uses the same stances, may as well be the same weapon in regards to Rivens but with different stats. There's no reason why almost each individual weapon that isn't explicitly considered the same but a variant should have their own riven. There are weapons that are functionally the same, but wait, they have a different name, so I need a totally different Riven for each of them. Why would I even bother with that? I'll just stick with the one.

• 4 months later...

The key fix to Rivens' terrible rng system is as the OP suggested, the ability/ways to lock 1 or 2 stats out of the four/three stats using riven slivers or anything that's not hard to farm when re-rolling said riven.

That is the first step to fixing the problem.

The second step would be to increase the yield of Kuva from all the farmable sources.

i.e 1) increasing the gain of Kuva siphon/flood missions by doubling the existing gain.

i.e 2) allow us players to repeat kuva siphon/flood missions (it is repeatable as of now) to get kuva alongside requiem relics.

i.e 3) tripling the gain of kuva from Kuva Survival missions (Taveuni).

If endo can be farmed in much greater quantities than before since the Deimos update, why can't kuva get the same treatment?

As the OP had said, the price of rivens would undoubtedly drop, but into the affordable range for the majority of players to get them and then stabilized itself ( I believe you know what'll follow after, it's called healthy economy.) until DE had decided to mess with riven disposition once again. 

Believe it or not at your own leisure, DE will still be making money from riven market, won't be as much as before but won't be too low either. It's practically a win-win scenario.

Rivens shouldn't cost thousands of plat to get due to crappy riven rng system, that's just ridiculous.

Wasting all the time (gradually over-time, not all done in a single day) getting all those hard-earned kuva just to get terrible re-rolled results. It's like getting slapped in the face for accomplishing what you're told to do as a reward.

So I sincerely hope DE would take a good, hard look at this thread if they do stumble upon it and think thoroughly as a casual warframe player for once. Rivens was a wasted opportunity when they were introduced into the game, but we can make it less terrible with just these straight-to-the-point fixes.

P/S: I'm trying to make everybody's lives easier by providing these potential fixes alongside OP's post. I don't have anything to gain from this post, but a alot of people can definitely benefit from this, so please be pious to the subject. Thank you.

Archived