Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Octavia Prime...

Hierarch777

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Mmm...  I just made mastery rank 30.  Gonna be nice to slap all my mods onto Octavia Prime right from the get go.  At least assuming no need for formas.  Of course even then, full capacity from the start.

And to level her, just go into railjack and be done with it.  Honestly, I forma'd so much stuff in railjack it isn't even funny. =P

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Can you tell me in general which frames should be primed this year? 

Octavia, Gara, Harrow, Nidus.

Prime frames mostly follow the original frame's release order in a female, female, male, male pattern, with the same-sex frames being interchangeable. This means that in mid-February it can be either Octavia or Gara since they are the next 2 females in line.  

Exceptions to this pattern have been rare and down to popularity (Like when Valkyr jumped the line ahead of Banshee), but always respecting the same FF/MM pattern.

14 hours ago, deothor said:

In all honesty I'd prefer nidus not getting its prime version

It's just Nidus with some model tweaking, upgraded helmet, an interesting ability effect and a base stat boost. You can still put other skins on him and 'disable Prime details', you'll be fine.

Unless... you're talking about something silly... like not all frames having a Prime, or having an Umbral variant instead of a Prime, which you can't be since DE have said, since the very beginning of the game, that every frame will and does have a Prime. Nobody is that silly, right?

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Unless... you're talking about something silly... like not all frames having a Prime, or having an Umbral variant instead of a Prime, which you can't be since DE have said, since the very beginning of the game, that every frame will and does have a Prime. Nobody is that silly, right?

Nidus was infested frame and thus was different, even lore-wise. It just feels weird if nidus received prime variant as he, to my understanding, he came to be as a try to recreate warframes. Prime version means there was nidus before and it based on infested.

Same with Xaku. Is he also getting prime version? Wouldn't that be silly?

23 minutes ago, deothor said:

Nidus was infested frame and thus was different, even lore-wise. It just feels weird if nidus received prime variant as he, to my understanding, he came to be as a try to recreate warframes. Prime version means there was nidus before and it based on infested.

Where did you get that from, Nidus is just a Warframe that focuses on infestation he's naked just put some armor and make infestation grow when he gets mutation stacks.

25 minutes ago, deothor said:

Not really, it's totally possible for the Orokin to try and Mish mash warframes that were destroyed and try to make something useful out of it instead of trashing it.

2 hours ago, deothor said:

Nidus was infested frame and thus was different, even lore-wise

My friend? All warframes are infested. It's in The Sacrifice quest, spelled out for us. They used the Helminth strain of Infestation, because they thought it was docile, and fused it with people to create uniquely powered equivalents of super-soldiers in the belief that the living mind would control the docile Infestation. Unfortunately this didn't work until they discovered the Tenno, and that the Tenno had Transference abilities that could control the Warframes.

It's all spelled out pretty plainly in the direct text and voice lines.

Nidus does lean more heavily into the Infestation as a theme, but this is the official line that was handed down by the Devs from on high; All Warframes have a Prime, those were created first, and the variants we have are all derived from the Prime. So Primes aren't technically an upgrade, they're the original and the others are more 'production' or 'budget material' versions that mean they end up with less armour, or lower base energy etc.

2 hours ago, deothor said:

No, absolutely not. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Xaku was the parts of three different frames, in the current era we create our version just like all the other frames. We're recreating the functions with the blueprints we have using lesser, current era tech. But the original Xaku absolutely had to have been a Prime because the frames that were 'lost' and then were re-formed into Xaku were Primes. So a Xaku Prime is just the same as all the other frames we have; the original, which was made from three other original Prime frames.

Archived