Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghost in the machine Warframe Query.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

we lost this potential Warframe to xaku, in the last community made vote, which was pretty disappointing considering how mediocre xaku truned out (subjective, don't kill me)

Will this warframe ever get made? if so what type of Design did you have in mind for it?

how can a hacker warframe damage enemies? if he can even touch them with his abilities at all? 

52 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

a hacker Warframe.

We have ciphers , our Parazon and Helminth ability to auto hack consoles. Unless you mean hack enemies, but that sounds insanely silly. The only ones that it may work on is Corpus. But i couldn't see a frame been useful under these rules. We have Nyx who already hacks enemies and takes control of their minds. So i just don't see a hacking Warframe a likely one never alone a popular one.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

We have ciphers , our Parazon and Helminth ability to auto hack consoles. Unless you mean hack enemies, but that sounds insanely silly. The only ones that it may work on is Corpus. But i couldn't see a frame been useful under these rules. We have Nyx who already hacks enemies and takes control of their minds. So i just don't see a hacking Warframe a likely one never alone a popular one.

I may be reading too much into the title of this thread, but Ghost in the Shell came to mind... in that universe, the characters hack prosthetic parts of other people (e.g. like eyes to mess with vision). So if this is the hacker concept OP is talking about, it would certainly work on the Grineer given that they're mostly prosthetic!

In practice, you're absolutely right! It's no different than Nyx/Revenant/Xaku.

14 minutes ago, nslay said:

I may be reading too much into the title of this thread, but Ghost in the Shell came to mind... in that universe, the characters hack prosthetic parts of other people (e.g. like eyes to mess with vision). So if this is the hacker concept OP is talking about, it would certainly work on the Grineer given that they're mostly prosthetic!

Not even, bosses have mechanical parts in them indeed, but the basic Grineer units are just clones with armor

Other than that, why would I hack an enemy for x reason if I can just shoot him dead?

Well, I suppose I'd expect a very streamlined, plastic-looking Warframe with little lines to resemble lines of code on the plastic bits and full metal cords showing through the joints. I'd hope they'd have a black and red-orange design to resemble Tron or the like with extra glowing bits and a full visor for the helm. The Warframe would glide around, somewhat similar to Titania but much closer to the ground, with energy data tendrils that appear on its back that appear when casting abilities. We'll call it Tensor or Null or something. Give it something unique too, like Range is not a factor, but with some caveats. The Warframe will focus on being cold and calculating, pressing buttons on a small wrist-console on one hand, robotically turning and using its tendrils to enter code in a circle around it.

As for the abilities; the Warframe I think should function similarly to Daemon-uploading in Cyberpunk. Barring the time slowdown, of course.

- Analysis: Your Passive allows you to see enemies through walls, and any enemies you hit with your abilities are marked, gaining an Energy-color based highlight on mark or ability hit. Your abilities are now limited to the Analysis' range, and will only affect enemies in that radius. Marked enemies take additional damage from your abilities, becoming more vulnerable to them the longer they are in your line of sight (capping at 50% vulnerability over 3 seconds). Think of it as a form of sonar that activates every two seconds or so, but only in a twenty-five meter radius. Additional sonar waves that hit the same enemy will refresh the mark duration, which lasts for five seconds. You can see the timer on the left-hand side of the screen, and if you activate an ability during the 1 second occurrence time your abilities will receive benefits. As long as an ability is activated during the occurrence time, the ability will receive the benefits, it doesn't need to finish casting during the occurrence time. Range Mods will not affect Analysis or your abilities in any way, but they will decrease the delay between activation and effect, making Purge hop to enemies faster, for example.

- Purge: Your 1st ability focuses on damage over time, with the more enemies affected on cast multiplying the damage. The ability will spread every second (also multiplying the damage if a new enemy is affected) spreading to every enemy currently marked for its duration. The ability lasts for eight seconds at base, and will tick damage faster (so three times every second instead of once) if cast during an Analysis occurrence. Purge deals raw Viral damage over time, but cannot proc Viral. We'll have the Warframe tap the console on its wrist with three buttons, taking two seconds to cast. The Warframe presses one button and the tendrils press the other two.

- Reconfigure: Your 2 focuses on defense. The ability is a constant drain, and based on your strength and enemies affected by your other abilities, you will receive a Shield regeneration buff and a Shield DR buff. So any enemy affected by Purge or marked by Analysis for example will give you buffs, but will not do so outside of that. We'll say each enemy gives you a 5% DR buff and 25% Shield Regen buff at base, the shield DR buff capping at 95% and the regen buff/delay capping at 100% (this is just the cap for the ability, you can still increase it through modding and other allies). If you cast the ability during an Analysis occurrence, the benefits will apply to allies at 50% effectiveness. Your energy tendrils will wrap around your waist, arms and legs during this action. The Warframe itself crosses its arms and then spreads them out in a fan shape in front of itself.

- Overclock: Your 3rd ability focuses on speed, reducing the cast time of all of your abilities and buffing you and your allies' Bullet Jump speed for ten seconds at base. This will also increase the cooldown speed of Analysis, reducing it to every second (non-moddable). When Bullet-Jumping, you leave behind small zones that attach to any enemies marked by Analysis or affected by Purge (you can leave three zones behind at a time). These zones proc Puncture while Reconfigure is active and will deal additional Viral damage while Purge is active (so one Puncture proc every 0.5 seconds, per zone, while each zone will deal 10% of Purge's current damage), making enemies deal less damage to you and allies while taking extra damage while in said zones. If cast while Analysis is active, the zones will slowly pull enemies to them every 0.5 seconds. Allies can not leave behind these zones. The Warframe floats higher for a moment, expelling energy from itself as the energy tendrils shoot outward from its back behind it. 

- Enrapture: The Warframe curls itself into a ball for a moment, releasing a series of tendrils from its back that stab through any enemy currently affected by Purge or Analysis. Enemies that you've stabbed with the tendrils will funnel their essence to you, instantly restoring your Shields to full and slowly giving you Overshields once your Shields are maxed (1% of your max Shields as Overshields per second, per enemy, scaling with Power). If cast during Analysis' occurrence period, enemies will slowly have their defenses sapped as well, losing 2% of their Shields or Armor per second. While Reconfigure is active, the tendrils will continue to stab new targets once a target attached dies for the duration of Reconfigure and/or Enrapture (so ten seconds at base for Enrapture), with Overclock increasing the base Shields you have. Enemies that are stabbed will be knocked down for a moment, but will otherwise take no damage, and will instead be dragged to you slowly over 0.5 seconds while the ability is active.

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Seriously, what is it supposed to hack, other than corpus robots and cameras?

Could look at Ghost in the Shell, ironically, for inspiration. 

A lot of the hacks done to others generally revolve around manipulation of the senses, prosthetics or getting them to do something without them realizing they're under someones control. 
Subtle manipulations. Not quite Nyx level of outright taking control of a victim. Grineer tend to have a lot of prosthetic enhancements, Corpus with their robotics. Though I would imagine their helmets could be screwed with as well. 
Even the infestation is somewhat technological in nature. Though we do also have infested robotics, wouldn't be the first time they made a frame whose powers were garbage against whole factions >_>

Could be an interesting frame based around manipulating the senses of enemies, outright controlling robotics and hacking consoles to do things beyond just opening doors and shutting off alarms. 
Could even do something like a tech version of Saryn and her spores, but instead of damage it renders them susceptible to commands from you.

It wouldn't harm the game to have more frames suited to modes like Spy and Rescue. Not that they couldn't be used elsewhere, just that their power sets lend themselves well to the sneakier aspects of Warframe missions. Kinda like Ivara and Loki. 

interesting concept, cool name, ghost in the shell nod.

hard to be realized.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Well, I suppose I'd expect a very streamlined, plastic-looking Warframe with little lines to resemble lines of code on the plastic bits and full metal cords showing through the joints. I'd hope they'd have a black and red-orange design to resemble Tron or the like with extra glowing bits and a full visor for the helm. The Warframe would glide around, somewhat similar to Titania but much closer to the ground, with energy data tendrils that appear on its back that appear when casting abilities. We'll call it Tensor or Null or something. Give it something unique too, like Range is not a factor, but with some caveats. The Warframe will focus on being cold and calculating, pressing buttons on a small wrist-console on one hand, robotically turning and using its tendrils to enter code in a circle around it.

As for the abilities; the Warframe I think should function similarly to Daemon-uploading in Cyberpunk. Barring the time slowdown, of course.

- Analysis: Your Passive allows you to see enemies through walls, and any enemies you hit with your abilities are marked, gaining an Energy-color based highlight on mark or ability hit. Your abilities are now limited to the Analysis' range, and will only affect enemies in that radius. Marked enemies take additional damage from your abilities, becoming more vulnerable to them the longer they are in your line of sight (capping at 50% vulnerability over 3 seconds). Think of it as a form of sonar that activates every two seconds or so, but only in a twenty-five meter radius. Additional sonar waves that hit the same enemy will refresh the mark duration, which lasts for five seconds. You can see the timer on the left-hand side of the screen, and if you activate an ability during the 1 second occurrence time your abilities will receive benefits. As long as an ability is activated during the occurrence time, the ability will receive the benefits, it doesn't need to finish casting during the occurrence time. Range Mods will not affect Analysis or your abilities in any way, but they will decrease the delay between activation and effect, making Purge hop to enemies faster, for example.

- Purge: Your 1st ability focuses on damage over time, with the more enemies affected on cast multiplying the damage. The ability will spread every second (also multiplying the damage if a new enemy is affected) spreading to every enemy currently marked for its duration. The ability lasts for eight seconds at base, and will tick damage faster (so three times every second instead of once) if cast during an Analysis occurrence. Purge deals raw Viral damage over time, but cannot proc Viral. We'll have the Warframe tap the console on its wrist with three buttons, taking two seconds to cast. The Warframe presses one button and the tendrils press the other two.

- Reconfigure: Your 2 focuses on defense. The ability is a constant drain, and based on your strength and enemies affected by your other abilities, you will receive a Shield regeneration buff and a Shield DR buff. So any enemy affected by Purge or marked by Analysis for example will give you buffs, but will not do so outside of that. We'll say each enemy gives you a 5% DR buff and 25% Shield Regen buff at base, the shield DR buff capping at 95% and the regen buff/delay capping at 100% (this is just the cap for the ability, you can still increase it through modding and other allies). If you cast the ability during an Analysis occurrence, the benefits will apply to allies at 50% effectiveness. Your energy tendrils will wrap around your waist, arms and legs during this action. The Warframe itself crosses its arms and then spreads them out in a fan shape in front of itself.

- Overclock: Your 3rd ability focuses on speed, reducing the cast time of all of your abilities and buffing you and your allies' Bullet Jump speed for ten seconds at base. This will also increase the cooldown speed of Analysis, reducing it to every second (non-moddable). When Bullet-Jumping, you leave behind small zones that attach to any enemies marked by Analysis or affected by Purge (you can leave three zones behind at a time). These zones proc Puncture while Reconfigure is active and will deal additional Viral damage while Purge is active (so one Puncture proc every 0.5 seconds, per zone, while each zone will deal 10% of Purge's current damage), making enemies deal less damage to you and allies while taking extra damage while in said zones. If cast while Analysis is active, the zones will slowly pull enemies to them every 0.5 seconds. Allies can not leave behind these zones. The Warframe floats higher for a moment, expelling energy from itself as the energy tendrils shoot outward from its back behind it. 

- Enrapture: The Warframe curls itself into a ball for a moment, releasing a series of tendrils from its back that stab through any enemy currently affected by Purge or Analysis. Enemies that you've stabbed with the tendrils will funnel their essence to you, instantly restoring your Shields to full and slowly giving you Overshields once your Shields are maxed (1% of your max Shields as Overshields per second, per enemy, scaling with Power). If cast during Analysis' occurrence period, enemies will slowly have their defenses sapped as well, losing 2% of their Shields or Armor per second. While Reconfigure is active, the tendrils will continue to stab new targets once a target attached dies for the duration of Reconfigure and/or Enrapture (so ten seconds at base for Enrapture), with Overclock increasing the rate at which you obtain Shields (so 1% of Shields will be restored every 0.5 seconds, for example). Enemies that are stabbed will be knocked down for a moment, but will otherwise take no damage, and will instead be dragged to you slowly over 0.5 seconds while the ability is active.

awesome wall of text, sadly couldn't bring myself to read it.
but really appreciate the effort. i love you and your enthusiasm for warframe. +1
also, great account! you seem to post quality replies! respect.

but there's a saying in pitching business (i believe it's even more prominent in gaming industry) "if you need so many words to explain it. it's probably not that great of an idea"
probably make a tl;dr version for us lazyheads? like 2 lines per skill? i promise more people will read it. okay i can't promise you that... i promise at least i'll read it.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

interesting concept, cool name, ghost in the shell nod.

hard to be realized.

awesome wall of text, sadly couldn't bring myself to read it.
but really appreciate the effort. i love you and your enthusiasm for warframe. +1
also, great account! you seem to post quality replies! respect.

but there's a saying in pitching business (i believe it's even more prominent in gaming industry) "if you need so many words to explain it. it's probably not that great of an idea"
probably make a tl;dr version for us lazyheads? like 2 lines per skill? i promise more people will read it. okay i can't promise you that... i promise at least i'll read it.

Alright, sure I can write a simpler version, and thank you.

Analysis: The Warframe's Passive, it allows you to see enemies through walls every few seconds and when hitting enemies with abilities. Enemies that are "analyzed" take additional damage from your abilities, the longer you see them, the more damage you deal. Range will now only buff your ability activation delay time, as all abilities are limited to Analysis' range.

Purge: Enemies visible via Analysis are hit with a DoT Viral effect, and the effect spreads to any newly-visible foes. Use Purge while Analysis is active to triple the DoT damage.

Reconfigure: Bolster your Shields by reducing their recharge delay and increasing their Damage Reduction. The more enemies you can see, the stronger these benefits become. Activate this ability with Analysis active to offer half of your benefits to allies. Use with Overclock to buff your Shield Regen Rate.

Overclock: Speed yourself and allies up by reducing your Ability Cast Times. Bullet Jumps are also strengthened, leaving behind zones that deal Purge damage. Activate this ability while Analysis is active to pull visible enemies to the zones. Activate Reconfigure to have the zones reduce enemy damage.

Enrapture: Send out a flurry of data streams, knocking down any visible enemies and dragging them to you. Enemies you hit will stay attached to you, supplying you with Shields per Second and Overshields when you hit your Shield cap. Activate while Analysis is active to reduce enemy defenses over time. Use with Reconfigure to have the tendrils automatically seek out new targets. Use with Overclock to increase the speed of the drain.

Eh, we have Ivara already with her thermoptic camouflage - I mean Prowl, and billed as an infiltration sneak frame. Hell I even gave her that helminth mod that gives you an auto hack on the next console you hack into

Nope, totally wasnt me who has a load out slot with her titled Kusanagi  🤭🤭

11 hours ago, nslay said:

In practice, you're absolutely right! It's no different than Nyx/Revenant/Xaku.

that vision hacking idea sounds kind of cool

i know we have rad procs that cause enemies to fight each other but wouldn't it be cool if a frame could "hack" enemies vision that causes their allies to look like an enemy and us an ally

Archived