Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reason Outside Of The Game As To Why You Choose Your Faction?(Mainly Corpus, Warning Deep Moral Philosophy Ahead)

Arlayn

Sure there is the colonies, sure there is stopping slavery, stopping grineer from growing more powerful, sure there is balance, sure there is duty because we are the wards.

But was their an inspiration from outside of the game that made you want to help the Corpus?

For me it would have been the two movies

Karas The Prophecy

Karas Revelation

Those two movies define my reasoning for helping Corpus...

Balance must be achieved..., but at the same time we must always remember both the Corpus, and the Grineer make up our solar system that we are the wardens of. They are under our care, our protection...

If you haven't seen the Karas movies both can be found on Youtube... in parts, or even on Netflix. The movies are extremely confusing at first but after watching both movies several times (about 5-10 before I fully understood every detail of the story) I understood it.

We are a lot like Karas in a way. We fight to defend a solar system, as he fights to defend an entire city. Even if that city is bad his duty is the keep the balance. If its ran by bad, or good people as long as Karas lives...

We can also attribute our reasoning based on real life conscious decisions many would choose to sacrifice themselves... Even I have thought long and hard about such a choice in real life. If others were at stake people I didn't even know... thousands...., a nation, our world... I could make that conscious decision... why have I not done it yet? Because the military in my country flat out refused me after passing their test twice but having a medical condition that doesn't allow me to join.

But I am curious Corpus has the least likely hood for most to join. Their rewards in the beginning were absolutely terrible at first. Alad is full of himself, and Ruk seems to be promising to rescue our friends which seems very... off... knowing Ruk. Why did you help Corpus from the start? Why do you help Corpus now? Is there something else driving you? Even if the mission offers only credits. What drives you to keep fighting on? What drives you to support Corpus? You as the player outside this game who has a life in the real world. Why spend time on Corpus? Is it a moral obligation in real life, or do you really just like Corpus? Maybe its the Detron? Maybe the Prova? Maybe the cool Corpus badge(yeah its sorta the badge that does it for me too)?

Why are you supporting Corpus though really? Is it personal? or just some video game choice based on something in the game?

Its kinda like the way in some games when they give the choice to be good, or evil some players just can't bring themselves to choose to be evil... they can't bring themselves to hurt people. Some cannot even play Grand Theft Auto because its so morally wrong that they feel like they broke the law or something just from playing it.

It happens... Morals for a person can become so intense. So strong... that effects decisions even in a video game... even though that game effects nothing in real life. Interesting if you think about it to be honest.

There is also morals, and code for taking care of your own. A lot of groups function in that manner as well. Where they will only sacrifice themselves to take care of their own, and everyone else outside of the group is forfeit, but with if its your job? The Lotus woke us up and forced the duty of Warden of the solar system upon us... it was FORCED... however we have the choice now to make up our minds do we save our friends, or abandon them and save the people of the system?

So tell me. Why did you choose your faction? What outside reason drives you to support Corpus mainly? Grineer sure... yeah rewards in the game. So I doubt you have anything to say on this whatsoever because all your obsessed with IS the rewards. Not insulting you, but I doubt you have a outside drive pushing you to help Grineer.

a. The Grineer are more awesome than The Corpus.

b. The Grineer rewards are more awesome than The Corpus rewards.

c. Alad V sucks, Sargas Ruk rocks.

I guess the crude, bulky and savage style of the Grineer just hits a soft spot in my heart. I've always been drawn to savage and primal creatures; be they orcs, vikings/barbarians or space clones.

I guess the crude, bulky and savage style of the Grineer just hits a soft spot in my heart. I've always been drawn to savage and primal creatures; be they orcs, vikings/barbarians or space clones.

in exchange, i always liked the subtle, the charismatic, the conspirator.

the corpus are that, sneaky, sneaky merchants.

Your not savage till you ate an alligator... Which I have done... taste like chicken lol.

I am supporting the Grineers because my stupied clan seemed to ignore the votation the warlords like me made to known which side we were going to support. Originally we were supposed to help the Corpus, but noooo... our stupied clan members had to do the Grineers missions because of the freaking initial rewards, then I got forced to help the Grineers because of my clan leader said so even though we were going to help the Corpus. I still like the Corpus more than the Grineer, but I cant switch sides now.

Our clan warlord said we'd be officially supporting Corpus, though we were free to back whomever. Corpus was also losing by a considerable margin during the first day; I can't help but support the underdog. Once I'd thrown in my lot with them, I've just stuck with it. In my opinion, it's better to give your full support to one thing and risk losing, than play both sides for the greatest chance of personal enrichment. Nothing against those who do, of course. The world needs mercenaries, too.

Long term military threat w/ no history of diplomatic relations being possible due to conquest/slavery/fascist focused goals vs Short term threat with entire civilization focused on deals whose primary concern seems to be over a mutually unclear history dealing with the Orokin.

We'd lose more Tenno and non-Tenno supporters in the long run with a stronger Grineer presence than we would with a stronger Corpus presence.

Till, yaknow, DE retcons the lore. (Also liked the idea of a stronger supercharged Prova rather than another no-unique-features slashy thing.)

I choose the grinner because I would rather save the tenno in the pods if I help the corpus then they will be turned into weapons to use against us plus if I choose corpus then even more tenno will die meaning we are weakening ourselves and our ability to protect the system. If we help the grinner there is a better chance that we can save our sleeping tenno plus we don't know how many are in pods it could be 10 it could be 1000. And people seem to forget that yes the grinner will have gained ground but by fighting both sides of the war we have effectively weakened both groups as well.

Edited by Archangelzz

Alad #$&(% and Sargas Turd. Whats the differences between #$&(% and Turd?

None that's why both factions are under our protection from the threat of the sentient race.

but lets stay outside of the game... There isn't a difference they are both bad and out to kill us. In real life we wouldn't help them, but sometimes helping two bad factions and keeping the balance to prevent them from killing each other creates a distraction where the threat upon us isn't as bad as long as those two battle it out.

Edited by Arlayn

None that's why both factions are under our protection from the threat of the sentient race.

but lets stay outside of the game... There isn't a difference they are both bad and out to kill us. In real life we wouldn't help them, but sometimes helping two bad factions and keeping the balance to prevent them from killing each other creates a distraction where the threat upon us isn't as bad as long as those two battle it out.

and that brings us back to the main question who are the sentients obviously they are powerful because they defeated the orokin but that's about all we know.

Edited by Archangelzz

and that brings us back to the main question who are the sentients obviously they are powerful because they defeated the orokin but that's about all we know.

So powerful the Orokin felt it necessary that we survive long enough to fight them again in the future even if that means who we protect may be bad themselves but still sol system origin species.

I am supporting the Grineers because my stupied clan seemed to ignore the votation the warlords like me made to known which side we were going to support. Originally we were supposed to help the Corpus, but noooo... our stupied clan members had to do the Grineers missions because of the freaking initial rewards, then I got forced to help the Grineers because of my clan leader said so even though we were going to help the Corpus. I still like the Corpus more than the Grineer, but I cant switch sides now.

YOU!!! This is who de should speak to about fixing this event. This is what they have done to loyal Corpus now stuck grineer

in exchange, i always liked the subtle, the charismatic, the conspirator.

the corpus are that, sneaky, sneaky merchants.

The Corpus are about as subtle as Sledgehammer to the side of your head... and have no charisma.

Their Geeks with Egos bigger then they deserve

I think there's great potential for story development here. Imagine that this conflict between the Grineer and Corpus actually spawned a divide in the Tenno faction?

I mean it'd be interesting to find something that not all Tenno will be united about. Some will prefer to side with the Grineer to save their comrades and others will see that sacrifice is required to make sure the Grineer don't get more powerful then they already are.

Okay, stowing away author side and getting back on topic: I chose Corpus in the beginning and have stuck with them even to this point where its clear their the underdogs. Honestly I feel the Corpus are easier to trust because they are most predictable of the factions. You know exactly how to stay on their "good" side relatively speaking.

Also Sargus Ruk just annoys me. The way he talks to you just seems to encourage me to slaughter more of his lackies.

At first i didnt want to side with either faction (still dont really) but id rather side with the grineer now and save the tenno and then fight with said tenno on the front lines during the resulting grineer expansion.

70 missions in and it still feels wrong seeing grineer walking around in one peice =(.

personally im a merc through and through but if i knew for a fact supporting the corpus would net me their gear then i would support them to the best of my abilities.  However thats not the case and the grineer will most likely win :/ so im playing the fence, torn between a love for the corpus and my want for the corpus battle prizes. Im master level 12 anything i can get to make my life easier is what im going for. Not to mention i dont need to waste resources on a gun i dont want just so i can level it and play around with it if i dont have too. This is just my perspective on the situation though so feel free to disagree.