Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus - energy management against energy-stripping infested

Blavoren

In short, my first Nidus went to Helminth. I hate infested-like shapes (frames, weapons, skins). Only my stubbornness lead me to build a new one Nidus in order to immerse like "an infested one hero against infested annoyances".

I watched tons of videos and read articles. Trying to build my ugly infested hero to rule infested energy-stripping tiles.

I am disappointed at this moment while forming slot by slot. My Nidus still needs to bunny-jump around most of the time without enough energy to do its basic loudly promoted Mutation Stacks, particularly on infested tiles full of energy-stripping spots and attacks.

HOW, IN THE WORLD AND HEAVEN, DO YOU MANAGE TO KEEP ENERGY FLOWING ENOUGH TO BE THE NIDUS AND NOT JUST ORDINARY SLASHING DEFAULT FRAME?!

Thank you a load, incredible community

What's your build? I could go down the grocery list and name every obvious and less obvious way that influences energy managemt that I can think of. That seems tedious and might not even help you out. Providing more details might get you mor helpful and more precise answers to your issue.

On 2021-01-13 at 2:10 AM, Blavoren said:

In short, my first Nidus went to Helminth. I hate infested-like shapes (frames, weapons, skins). Only my stubbornness lead me to build a new one Nidus in order to immerse like "an infested one hero against infested annoyances".

I watched tons of videos and read articles. Trying to build my ugly infested hero to rule infested energy-stripping tiles.

I am disappointed at this moment while forming slot by slot. My Nidus still needs to bunny-jump around most of the time without enough energy to do its basic loudly promoted Mutation Stacks, particularly on infested tiles full of energy-stripping spots and attacks.

HOW, IN THE WORLD AND HEAVEN, DO YOU MANAGE TO KEEP ENERGY FLOWING ENOUGH TO BE THE NIDUS AND NOT JUST ORDINARY SLASHING DEFAULT FRAME?!

Thank you a load, incredible community

Find the Rage mod, and preferably Adaptation as well.

Energy problem solved. One of his ability augment mods will double the Mutation Stacks earned while Nidus is building them while standing on a patch of Ravenous. Works great.

Hunter Adrenaline or Rage coupled with Zenurik's Energy Pulse is a good start, though against higher level infested I will admit I often find myself without a drop of energy to spare.  It's a major annoyance to be sure, especially in things like Arbitrations and SP where it seems every other enemy is a disruptor that'll drain you in an instant, but his general survivability at least makes it so he's not entirely ability dependent.

• 2 months later...

For me, I use Rage, Arcane Energize, and Zenurik Pulse to sustain energy. It's pretty overkill though and you should probably be fine without the arcane.

It's very important to remember to use all of your abilities and not just spam your 1 and 2. By using 3 and linking to an enemy, you're doubling your 1 in both damage and mutation stack gains. Ravenous also multiplies the stack generation further, especially if you bunch up the enemies with your 2.

Archived