Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ideas for augments from a day 1 xaku main

herozen13

hey everyone. hero here. i've been playing xaku since their release and i've thought up some augment ideas for them below. let me what you think :)

1st: xata's blessing. affects: xata's whisper. hold ability to infuse xaku's void damage buff into ally weapons. duration not affected by vast untime. is affected by duration mods

reason: a classic among the "element" frames like oberon, ember and saryn. i feel a team buff could be useful with upcoming sentient events.

2nd: xata's rumors affects: the lost, accuse. all enemies controlled by xaku gain xata's whisper's damage buff until accuse's timer runs out

reason: i feel giving the mind control targets more damage will help them control an area better, aswell as spreading the void effect for those condition overload users.

3rd: look into thyself affects: the lost, gaze xaku projects the aura of gaze from themself and follow them as they move, grants 20% bonus movespeed while active.

reason: i feel this would be popular for our massive amount of melee users. probably a must use augment for solo players.

4th: refracting denial affects: the lost, deny changes the void beam to no longer peirce enemies. if an enemy is killed by the beam, a second beam is launched from the target to the nearest enemy within 15 meters. affected by range mods.

reason: deny was always the weakest link in xaku's kit. a very narrow ability with really high damage and ok cc, but too high an energy cost for that purpose. this change would allow deny to assist more by clearing out pockets of enemy units quickly if you have enough guns and power strength

5th: draw of the void affects: the vast untime upon reactivation of the ability, xaku pulls all enemies affected by vast untime's slow into them dealing a large amount of void and slash damage. enemies killed by this restore 20% of xaku's max health and 20% of vast untime's energy cost.

reason: xaku is a very squishy frame, and sometimes energy can be an issue for them since they can't reliably run rage or hunter adrenaline. this would allow them a form of healing and energy production if they play smart. the damage alone from the pull probably wouldn't kill anything above level 40 without ludecrous amounts of power strength, so the xaku would need to time their abilities to weaken them beforehand

thats about it. let me know what you think below :)

1 hour ago, herozen13 said:

reason: xaku is a very squishy frame,

yeah, but you don't need to be a tank when you have high range Grasp of Lohk, and can literally clear the map like Mesa does (without losing any mobility, and at a lower energy cost I might add.)

Xaku will get his augments eventually. here's hoping that he'll get something decent.

I like the first one.
At first I thought the augment for Xata's Whisper is just like the rest: hold to buff instead of shoot. But Xata's Whisper at base does exactly the opposite from those abilities as it buffs everything with additional damage type instead of shooting a projectiles with said damage type. It's a "Reverse Fireball / Smite / Freeze" in a way, the augment is the base.
I still like this idea because your suggestion is for team gameplay and not solo gameplay. Xaku with a team buffing abilities will be importent in the future exactly for your reason: sentients are more common as time goes on.
You can also do what Fireball / Smite / Freeze does and convert the ability into a projectile, but we got Deny already.

The augment for The Lost is weird. On one hand I like the idea of focusing on one aspect instead of the entire ability, but it also takes too many slots and take too much work. I believe a single mod for the entire kit is better. Here is my idea:
Augment: "Combined Effort". Ability: The Lost.
Gaze, Accuse and Deny combine into one: Xaku shoot a powerful Void beam that ignores target defenses. Enemies who survive the attack will be controlled by Accuse. Energy cost for The Lost increase by 100%.

Using all parts of The Lost instead of each of them seperatly. Bringing the "broken but held together" theme again.

I like the last agument too. Wording can use a touch to better understand but I like the way it works. Xaku heals at the cost of 80% of the original energy and duration running again. 20% of max health seems too little of a heal considering the cost of deactivating the ability matters for Xaku. Xaku can also just rigger it on a single enemy and get the same reward if they do it on a large group of enemies.
I say 10% - 20% of max health per enemy affected and 20% - 30% of energy cost for this ability is better. Both timing and location matters. Not spammable and incouraging getting the best out of this stunt as deactivating on a single enemy will give almost nothing. There is also a way to fully heal at the risk of being exposed to a large group of enemies. Duration running out doesn't trigger the augment.

• 11 months later...

Archived