Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr: Suggestion for a modernized passive

Zeddypanda

I'm still fairly fresh at this game, there's a bunch of frames I haven't tried yet, and even with Zephyr herself I only have the experience of ranking her to 30 a couple of times.

Playing Titania, I felt like she completely outshadowed Zephyr when it comes to mobility and flight, and the mobility/flight itself isn't all that impressive anyway when everyone can bullet jump. With that in mind, I was thinking about a change that:

1. Would not focus on the same thing as Titania (because archwing-mode is literally the only reason to play her, having both that + actually good abilities would make Titania worthless)
  2. Would not directly compete with bullet jumping either.

What I did enjoy was using the hold 1 to hover in the air and attack, but I had to repeat it all the time and eventually I just stopped, opting instead to bullet jump/aimglide to get the same death-from-above effect but without energy usage.

With that in mind, here's how I'd make Zephyr lean harder into her niche of being an attack blimp:

New passive: Updraft

Zephyr does not sink during aim glide and has full air control during it. Zephyr can expend updraft on aerial movement.

Updraft would be a resource meter similar to Ember's heat, Atlas' rubble etc. You'd gain updraft just from using abilities, with all abilities giving the same amount just from being used, but 1, 2, and 4 would give additional updraft for each enemy hit. The tornadoes would also give updraft continously for each enemy caught in it, even more if Zephyr is also inside one.

Updraft would be spent in a few ways:

• Additional jumps in the air.
  • Additional bullet jumps, but they'd spend even more updraft.
  • Aim gliding past its natural duration. Less updraft would be consumed with aim glide duration mods.
  • Updraft would be consumed a little faster if moving during aim glide past duration.

Remove the charge time from 1 and just make it a hold to cast, and enable hold-1 to be used in mid-air, and you'd get what I'd be after using as Zephyr, while giving me reason to press other buttons than just 3.

I'd love to hear from vets, especially any zephyr players who wouldn't like this change! It's possible I've misunderstood her shtick!

No Meters please... I would prefer her passive gave her AirGlide unlimited duration instead of just double to allow her to Combo with mods that give reduced Gravity and/or reduced damage wile airborn.

As for the Additional Jumps/Bullet Jumps, i would love if Tailwind refreshed them after used so they could combo to allow taking advantage of the momentum better in between casts.

I enjoy the weird meters! I really like how Ember's shield thing indirectly has an energy drain in a way that's not just "cast every x seconds" but also not channeled so you can still benefit from energy siphon and friends. Makes it feel deeper!

That being said, your changes would give me the effect I'm after and probably be easier to put in, so I'd be happy with that as well.

Archived