Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.. Primed Surefooted

Alianee

Hi,

I would like to adress some ... "annoyance" I experience on a daily basis which is called "Knockdown /Stagger". 
Most if not all of you know about this , but since I just came out of a Horror-Movie called SP Deimos Survival with my Saryn I thought I try my luck.

Please make Prime Surefooted available / farmable one way or another. Either from VoidTraider or another Method. I already use Handspring, but after 30min + Every Frame I use which has no Status-immunity its more of a slap and slide game and in no way fun anymore. I'm 90% done with SP Starchart and would still have to wait about 270 Days till I have a way to solve this daily annoyance. It's worst with Infested, but every faction with Eximus can cause this feeling.  And I don't like being forced to play frames with stealth / Status immunity just to circumvent this.

(And I don't even mention all those Weapons with self-stagger that only get more with every other patch).

Thanks in advance!

Another non-ideal workaround is to infuse Titania's Spellbind via Helminth on your frame of choice. I do wish they would at least allow us to exchange other login mods, I've played since 2015 but I'm still about 6mo away from getting PSF at day 900, and would gladly dump the Primed Fury that they gave me before you could even choose, or the Primed Vigor that I grabbed before you could infuse overshield abilities, etc... also why 900 not 800, that one is a kick in the teeth...

28 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I know it's not the ideal solution but Rhino is immune to knockdown

This is not strictly true. You are immune from knockdowns and grapples after the invulnerable phase of Iron Skin but you can be grappled and knocked down during the invulnerable phase. I've no idea if it is a bug or not but it has been that way for years.

56 minutes ago, Alianee said:

Hi,

I would like to adress some ... "annoyance" I experience on a daily basis which is called "Knockdown /Stagger". 
Most if not all of you know about this , but since I just came out of a Horror-Movie called SP Deimos Survival with my Saryn I thought I try my luck.

Please make Prime Surefooted available / farmable one way or another. Either from VoidTraider or another Method. I already use Handspring, but after 30min + Every Frame I use which has no Status-immunity its more of a slap and slide game and in no way fun anymore. I'm 90% done with SP Starchart and would still have to wait about 270 Days till I have a way to solve this daily annoyance. It's worst with Infested, but every faction with Eximus can cause this feeling.  And I don't like being forced to play frames with stealth / Status immunity just to circumvent this.

(And I don't even mention all those Weapons with self-stagger that only get more with every other patch).

Thanks in advance!

100% agreed
Primed Surefooted is last primed mod i picked from daily tribute because i didnt see any use for it and that was my greatest mistake

But then as i think about it its so essential for me on any build (im using weapons with self stagger on most loadouts) that i start to understand why its hidden behind daily tribute

Its kinda recurring thing in warframe have more of X thing over Y thing where we need to decide

I am all in about your idea even so maybe add it to rotation of teshin rewards?
But for Primed Surefooted offers it would be pretty (if not too) easy way to obtain it

1 hour ago, Alianee said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Players gain bonus 50% chance to resist Knockdown or knockback when wielding the Vaykor Sydon.

Try that. 👆

Thank you for your Feedback. I know there are Frames and/or abilities that give immunity to knockdown but it all comes down to the same result - being forced to play in a way you don't like to. And to be honest, having to use Spellbind instead of for example War Cry/Breach surge/Ensnare/Shooting Gallery on my Wukong/Saryn etc. is rather... hurtful.

As I said I would have no problem to invest into a hard grind or something like that to get that thing, but just being told "wait for a year" is disappointing :(.

You'll get use to the knockdown, grin and bear it, like others have mentioned handspring is an awesome mod for getting back up very quickly.

You'll like PSF when you get it one day for certain missions, nothing like a Kuva guard pouncing at you and you thinking come on fatboy, come at me only to see them get stopped in their tracks. :)

I only use mine on select frames, like Chroma, Hildryn it's to expensive to be putting it on all frames. Damn I thought I had it on some others frames, see I have it but don't really use it that much.

Another Idea is get Nezha/Prime once the 3rd skill is up you cannot be knocked down, it's like a little Rhino.

Atlas has knockdown immunity, while your feet are on the ground, look up his passive.

23 minutes ago, Shalath said:

This is not strictly true. You are immune from knockdowns and grapples after the invulnerable phase of Iron Skin but you can be grappled and knocked down during the invulnerable phase. I've no idea if it is a bug or not but it has been that way for years.

I honestly don't use Rhino much to confirm that, sounds like it's just happening in between casting so to speak. Annoying I guess but not terrible, still gonna be better than Handspring. Can also use Gara, Nezha or Titania to ignore knockdowns, possibly Valkyr as well?

39 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I honestly don't use Rhino much to confirm that, sounds like it's just happening in between casting so to speak. Annoying I guess but not terrible, still gonna be better than Handspring. Can also use Gara, Nezha or Titania to ignore knockdowns, possibly Valkyr as well?

Not really a major inconvenience, if your Iron Skin is making you invincible. And I realised after the fact that the Vaykor Sydon is why I was confused about all of the complaints about knockdowns in early Orb Vallis. 😅

10 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Not really a major inconvenience, if your Iron Skin is making you invincible. And I realised after the fact that the Vaykor Sydon is why I was confused about all of the complaints about knockdowns in early Orb Vallis. 😅

LOL nice 

While not ideal you can combine sure footed and power drift for 90% chance to avoid it and if you really wanna be immune before getting primed sure footed you can add fortitude to the mix.

But yeah, Primed Sure Footed should be available in some other way since it is the biggest game changer primed mod IMO. I actually think all the primed mods should be removed from login rewards and I'm saying that as someone who has them all already. They would have been good Arbitration or Steel Path rewards from the vendors.

45 days from day 900 and boy, am I looking forward to getting psf.  One of my biggest mistakes was not getting this much earlier.

I'm just sick of turning a corner for an ancient to then insta grab me and play tennis tossing me back and forth with another ancient.  Power fists, gunners, ancients, bombard, kuva guardians, self stagger.....it will all be a distant memory soon thank god.

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But yeah, Primed Sure Footed should be available in some other way since it is the biggest game changer primed mod IMO. I actually think all the primed mods should be removed from login rewards and I'm saying that as someone who has them all already. They would have been good Arbitration or Steel Path rewards from the vendors.

I disagree, DE has been making Warframe to easy of late, some things should stay the same and not just be added to rewards for some players to abuse the system for personal gains, players need to set goals of what they're after and stay the course, I set goals to get to those milestones to get everything, I'm now at 1150 days and thought it was great when I finally got to get those rewards.

Making everything so easy and trivial to get is wrong, imo.

I'm more curious what's knocking you down so often. I don't use Primed/Sure Footed or Hand Spring, and I rarely get knocked down. Melee can block grappling hooks and Arson Eximus flame walls, and enemies who have to run up to you to physically knock you over can be dodged if not killed. Weapons with self-stagger just need a little more forethought.

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I disagree, DE has been making Warframe to easy of late, some things should stay the same and not just be added to rewards for some players to abuse the system for personal gains, players need to set goals of what they're after and stay the course, I set goals to get to those milestones to get everything, I'm now at 1150 days and thought it was great when I finally got to get those rewards.

Making everything so easy and trivial to get is wrong, imo.

Agreed. I think it is important for people to learn the game more first in general before getting too many of the crutches this game has. 

Those crutches are fun qol for players who already know what they are doing, but by no means should be available too early or too easily. 

For example, I started playing at like the beginning of 2015 if email validation is anything to go by. I have never once slotted primed sure footed. I cannot remember the last time I slotted handspring (I think before I started messing with all the new drift mods upon their release years ago). 

And I cannot remember the last time knock downs or knock backs were any kind of issue for me. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DarthK3v:

I'm more curious what's knocking you down so often. I don't use Primed/Sure Footed or Hand Spring, and I rarely get knocked down. Melee can block grappling hooks and Arson Eximus flame walls, and enemies who have to run up to you to physically knock you over can be dodged if not killed. Weapons with self-stagger just need a little more forethought.

Well at 30-40 min Terrorem Survival on Steel Path, nearly every second/third enemy on the map is a lasher, plus a lot of Eximus units. 
I can stay alive there but its no fun. That's why I do it mostly with Octavia nowadays since I don't have a problem there. But it's frustrating when I try to use my Saryn or Wukong for a spin to spice things up.

@Slayer-.: I understand your point with goals, but using "Login" is not really a way to make it harder to get. If you use it as a 5% Chance on Steel Path Ropalolyst or something like that it would be much more of a goal and more of a challenge than "Press login 400 times". 

I run PSF on many frames because I despise knockback.  But it should not be as necessary as it is to not be constantly getting knocked around.  I have never even heard of a game that just ragdolls players all over the map as much as this one does unless it's some meme game specifically about that kind of thing.  It's absolutely absurd and it's why there are routinely new players coming in to complain about it, because it's not something most people are or should be used to because it's bad game design.  The more experienced players haven't gotten better or started having it happen less.  I see it all the time on myself and with whoever I'm playing with.  People have just gotten used to it and conditioned to think it's okay.

And for a 16 drain primed mod that only comes from login and is literally only a bandaid for this poor game design, why the hell do all the knockbacks still constantly move my frames around while it's equipped?  My frame should not move at all unless I want it to if I have this stupid ass mod on.

Archived