Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.. Primed Surefooted

Alianee

On 2021-01-13 at 1:11 PM, DarthK3v said:

I'm more curious what's knocking you down so often. I don't use Primed/Sure Footed or Hand Spring, and I rarely get knocked down. Melee can block grappling hooks and Arson Eximus flame walls, and enemies who have to run up to you to physically knock you over can be dodged if not killed. Weapons with self-stagger just need a little more forethought.

It depends on the frame and the context. I would not use prime SF on a ranged or caster frame, but on melee frames it is the best exilus slot mod.

12 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL, I ask for things to change when there's something I think legitimately needs to be changed. It looks like you're asking for a change because you want something and have been told that you can't get it right away. That's what you said, isn't it? While listing multiple other ways to achieve a similar effect, without the mod....

Again I'm asking you why you're taking this stance.... can't be qol, because you yourself showed that it's not needed. To me it just looks like you're trying to avoid admitting that you have problems with delayed gratification. 🤷‍♂️

We are not talking about "right away". We are talking years away. And that's a problem. Of course, it is a matter of perspective but waiting years to play in a way you enjoy is a good reason to complain. 

Just because you don't see its value, doesn't mean others won't. I also don't care about half of the warframes. This doesn't mean they should be denied access to everyone else. That's a very narrow mindset. Point being, PSF is the best QOL mod in the game. Sure, that might be subjective and highly dependent on playstyle. 

It's just an unfair punishment for people who didn't started playing years ago. 

You don't see a lot of people complaining about ....Primed Vigor for example. While for sure more powerful than non-prime version it doesn't change your playstyle or gamming experience. PSF does.

Only BEST one is time gated. Feel free to use the other ones.

Could the real issue be players wanting to be glass cannons while not even trying to avoid the incoming attacks? Oh and....while playing "hard" content if I might add. 

If you played Saryn and got knocked enough to complain on forums you either:

1. Played ranged weapons and didn't try to avoid damage.
  2. Playing Melee Saryn and left enemies behind you (most enemies in front die, or get autoblocked by melee).

Do I need to explain why the 2 above are more of a "you" problem?

If you don't want to be knocked down, how about trading some of that damage away, by playing a frame with immunity?

16 hours ago, Alianee said:

I made a topic about a problem that newer players have....

Yeah, no.... New players are NOT having this problem, and if they are they probably shouldn't be playing HARD mode just yet.
New players have no reason to play Steel Path aside from testing themselves and farming rewards. The rewards can be farmed by using cheese builds (almost anybody can build) and tactics. The players who want to test themselves are generally hardcore players that look for ways to make what they have work, rather than expecting the game to adapt to them.

3 hours ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

We are not talking about "right away". We are talking years away. And that's a problem. Of course, it is a matter of perspective but waiting years to play in a way you enjoy is a good reason to complain. 

Do you really believe that the OP wants to wait years for this to change? If they did, then 900 days would not be a problem. 

Realistically, from the viewpoint of many of us who have the mod (and even the person complaining), it's not a problem at all, since there are alternatives. 

Just because you don't see its value, doesn't mean others won't. I also don't care about half of the warframes. This doesn't mean they should be denied access to everyone else. That's a very narrow mindset. Point being, PSF is the best QOL mod in the game. Sure, that might be subjective and highly dependent on playstyle. 

Who is talking about denying everyone access to the mod? Anyone can get it, literally anyone. How is this different from say, Umbra? Is having Umbra accessible only through doing a very specific thing, also a problem? Why/why not? 

Because being told "no, you can't have it yet, you need to wait" = "punishment" where you are from? 

You don't see a lot of people complaining about ....Primed Vigor for example. While for sure more powerful than non-prime version it doesn't change your playstyle or gamming experience. PSF does.

Does it? That's news to me. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Jitsuryoku:

Only BEST one is time gated. Feel free to use the other ones.

Could the real issue be players wanting to be glass cannons while not even trying to avoid the incoming attacks? Oh and....while playing "hard" content if I might add. 

If you played Saryn and got knocked enough to complain on forums you either:

1. Played ranged weapons and didn't try to avoid damage.
  2. Playing Melee Saryn and left enemies behind you (most enemies in front die, or get autoblocked by melee).

Do I need to explain why the 2 above are more of a "you" problem?

If you don't want to be knocked down, how about trading some of that damage away, by playing a frame with immunity?

Yeah, no.... New players are NOT having this problem, and if they are they probably shouldn't be playing HARD mode just yet.
New players have no reason to play Steel Path aside from testing themselves and farming rewards. The rewards can be farmed by using cheese builds (almost anybody can build) and tactics. The players who want to test themselves are generally hardcore players that look for ways to make what they have work, rather than expecting the game to adapt to them.

I said newer, not new :). I am at 128th login right now, with MR27 and missing about 8 or 9 missions to complete the SP star chart... so, why shouldn't I play SP? 

As I said I don't have a problem to play those missions but I would like to try out different Frames and different builds too. Isn't that what this game is all about? Trying out different builds and different frames?

Most of the "old" players didn't have that problem, since at the time they were at lower logins there was no content with higher spawn rate and harder mobs where PSF really made a difference. I don't need to use Handspring in normal mode either.

Thanks to Corona and shut down I believe that I am not the only one with a progress much higher than 128days would maybe normally have.

9 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

Do you really believe that the OP wants to wait years for this to change? If they did, then 900 days would not be a problem. 

Realistically, from the viewpoint of many of us who have the mod (and even the person complaining), it's not a problem at all, since there are alternatives. 

Who is talking about denying everyone access to the mod? Anyone can get it, literally anyone. How is this different from say, Umbra? Is having Umbra accessible only through doing a very specific thing, also a problem? Why/why not? 

Because being told "no, you can't have it yet, you need to wait" = "punishment" where you are from? 

Does it? That's news to me. 

There are no alternatives for this mod. The "so-called-alternatives" are basically "play this frame" or cringe your entire build to get knockdown immunity. If you call that alternative then you play like that and don't force everyone to do the same. 

The difference with "Umbra" mods is that you can get them within one-two weeks of starting the game. Not 2 years. Also, Umbra is power creep and not game style change. 

Being told "no, you can't have it in the next 2 years" in a videogame to play the way you want, it's a punishment. People without PSF don't have access to the same gameplay that you have. If the mod wouldn't affect the gameplay, I couldn't care less. But it does. For me, personally, heavily. If you don't utilize the mod to its potential, then that's your gameplay - which I am not interested in.

It's not only about min-maxing a built. Or which content you can/cannot complete. It's also about having fun. And I cannot really explain the concept of "having fun" to someone who only sees grind in this game.

20 hours ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

There are no alternatives for this mod. The "so-called-alternatives" are basically "play this frame" or cringe your entire build to get knockdown immunity. If you call that alternative then you play like that and don't force everyone to do the same. 

First page:

On 2021-01-13 at 2:44 PM, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

And take a glance at the OP's posts, as well as others. There are alternatives you may have forgotten about, or are pretending don't exist. 

The difference with "Umbra" mods is that you can get them within one-two weeks of starting the game. Not 2 years. Also, Umbra is power creep and not game style change. 

Can you get the frame without doing the quest? No? Guess that makes it a matter of impatience, and refusing to accept anything other than instant gratification then, huh? 

People without PSF don't have access to the same gameplay that you have. If the mod wouldn't affect the gameplay, I couldn't care less. But it does. For me, personally, heavily. If you don't utilize the mod to its potential, then that's your gameplay - which I am not interested in.

How did you survive long enough to get it? Or did you not? 

It's not only about min-maxing a built. Or which content you can/cannot complete. It's also about having fun. And I cannot really explain the concept of "having fun" to someone who only sees grind in this game.

Good thing this mod isn't something that we can grind for then, isn't it. 

😉

47 minutes ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

Oh, you're fun. You make a statement you know to be false, then immediately follow it up by trying to pre-smash the arguments against your false statement. 

But it is still a false statement, so why make it in the first place? 

20 hours ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

-snip-

I checked all alternatives. None gives 100% knockdown immunity without killing your build. 

You linked a weapon that gives 50%. Not 100%. Are you trolling ? Also that requires you to use a specific weapon -> which I do not want. Why? Because I want to pick my own weapon ?

I can also survive with starting frame without any mods. But that's not the purpose of the game. It's having fun. Clearly a concept you are not familiar with. 

5 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Oh, you're fun. You make a statement you know to be false, then immediately follow it up by trying to pre-smash the arguments against your false statement. 

But it is still a false statement, so why make it in the first place? 

If it's a false statement, then correct it. What is my alternative without killing your warframe build? Show me. I haven't seen any. 

If your solution is to "Play Rhino all the time" and play "this specific specific weapons" all the time, then I thank you for your suggestion. I want to have the flexibility to use any frame I want, any weapons I want, any hellmit skills I want with knockdown immunity. You have the option. Someone without PSF doesn't.

Why is it so hard to understand? 

14 hours ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

I checked all alternatives. None gives 100% knockdown immunity without killing your build. 

You think that the only option to allow yourself to play is to get 100% knockdown resistance, which unsurprisingly kills your builds? 

How interesting. 

You linked a weapon that gives 50%. Not 100%. Are you trolling ? Also that requires you to use a specific weapon -> which I do not want. Why? Because I want to pick my own weapon ?

Having used that weapon in early Orb Vallis, I can happily tell you that the 50% additional resistance is surprisingly good. To the point where I wondered what all of the fuss was about. 

I also direct you to your previous post where you failed to realize that the weapon was an option, talking only about mod and frame choices. 

I can also survive with starting frame without any mods. But that's not the purpose of the game. It's having fun. Clearly a concept you are not familiar with. 

Thanks for providing this testimonial which indicates that the mod in question is NOT actually needed by people who have figured out how to do stuff, like roll. That's a fairly good reason to delay giving it to newbies, in and of itself. That way they can learn how do things without crippling themselves with a crutch that they can't do without. Good chat. 😉

36 minutes ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

If it's a false statement, then correct it. What is my alternative without killing your warframe build? Show me. I haven't seen any. 

If your solution is to "Play Rhino all the time" and play "this specific specific weapons" all the time, then I thank you for your suggestion. I want to have the flexibility to use any frame I want, any weapons I want, any hellmit skills I want with knockdown immunity. You have the option. Someone without PSF doesn't.

Honestly there is so much to unpack here it isn't even worth the time. 

But I'll leave it at this: 

Warframe was released for PC in March 2013.

Primed Sure Footed was released on 20, May 2018. 

You don't need this mod for build flexibility or to make it a long way in survival. People got by just fine without it for over five years. It is not as necessary as you are making it out to be. 

I am someone who thinks mods shouldn't be locked behind login rewards, but you hurt your own cause when you use hyperbole.

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You don't need this mod for build flexibility or to make it a long way in survival. People got by just fine without it for over five years. It is not as necessary as you are making it out to be. 

I take issue with this specific Section because Warframe isn't the same as it was 5 Years ago or even 2 Years Ago....

Things change... And in Warframe things Change Semi-Oftenly... Which Is a Word I just made up. 🙂

It doesn't matter if Primed Sure Footed didn't exist Five years ago because there was no Self Stagger 5 Years ago, or Fortuna or Thumpers... If anything the addition of all these Stagger Sources probably is what resulted in the existence of Primed Sure Footed in the first place...

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Honestly there is so much to unpack here it isn't even worth the time. 

But I'll leave it at this: 

Warframe was released for PC in March 2013.

Primed Sure Footed was released on 20, May 2018. 

I am someone who thinks mods shouldn't be locked behind login rewards, but you hurt your own cause when you use hyperbole.

You are missing one important point though: The mod was not relevant until it was actually introduced because of:

• - Rework of stagger effects was done
  • - Release of Steel Path 
  • - Release of Deimos
  • - Release of Fortuna

Which are quite new changes in comparison with the WF timeline.  There was no need to use it years ago. I did a lot of "end content"  - raids back in the days - without the need of CC immunity. Playing Deimos in SP now? It's a crapfest without knockdown immunity. 

Again, I am not referencing my playstyle against others. Someone was advocating that PSF is useless because he plays pure stealth (e.g. ASH) on any SP mission. Why would he ever need knockdown immunity if he never gets hit? 

Do you find it reasonable that I can reach MR30, 1k+ hours, own every weapon/warframe in the game and still need to wait years to get the mod that allows me to play the way I like? 

Just put a set of duplicates in MR30 reward. If someone gets there before the arbitrary number of days, he can enjoy whatever content it's left to explore. 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I take issue with this specific Section because Warframe isn't the same as it was 5 Years ago or even 2 Years Ago....

Things change... And in Warframe things Change Semi-Oftenly... Which Is a Word I just made up. 🙂

It doesn't matter if Primed Sure Footed didn't exist Five years ago because there was no Self Stagger 5 Years ago, or Fortuna or Thumpers... If anything the addition of all these Stagger Sources probably is what resulted in the existence of Primed Sure Footed in the first place...

THIS x100.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Better check the timeline for when we got those things. 

Post hoc ergo propter hoc, isn't a great argument at the best of times, but it's made far worse when it becomes ante hoc ergo propter hoc, if you catch my drift. 

But I have to admit, I give you props for the semi-oftenly. 

There are many stats in the game that are actually connected to the game, they could be used instead on daily logins. Like in operations: you reach a particular score and thus earn reward. For example, "you've killed 50k infested, here's mod against the most annoying infested". Yes, some stats depends on playstyle and squadmates... But daily logins don't depend on anything except stubbornness and being old.

On 2021-01-16 at 9:43 AM, WanWhiteWolf said:

Sometimes I think people think that's a fair punishment, because they say things like, "before 2015 excavations were popular so people having little cryotic play bad", "newer players don't need to know lore" (about operations), or "locking a mod behind a year of waiting is OK".

On 2021-01-15 at 10:00 PM, Lutesque said:

BTW... Did they ever get around to fixing Cautious Shot yet ?

No, its DE they dont care, just like they dont care to fix the weapons that never had self-damage but got rendered unusable by self-stagger explosive changes

14 hours ago, WanWhiteWolf said:

...and when you get Primed surefooted you will whine that it takes so many points and needs another forma and kills your build 🤣

You just dont want a solution - which you have with plenty of options already - all you want is to complain, so go ahead, cry all you want, nothing will change, DE doesn't even read this forum part ever.

DE should've never made this change to explosives and just let you kill yourself with Bramma spam just like it was with explosives all the previous years. You can never appease the lazy easy-mode players, they will keep on nagging to make the game even more trivial for them because they cant bother to even change their loadout.

26 minutes ago, Monolake said:

No, its DE they dont care, just like they dont care to fix the weapons that never had self-damage but got rendered unusable by self-stagger explosive changes

I was and am running Astilla (explosive damage) on 90% of my builds so im not here to defend de or the change
I just look at it from logical standpoint imagine ppl starting to come to forums crying "why weapon X which have same explosive damage as weapon Y have no self stagger while Y have?" just imagine rage here
On other hand while i hate self stagger (i got primed surefooted so whatever) id say we had pretty fair trade off since losing hp for using weapon vs being frozen for half to 2 sec seems pretty much like upgrade

23 minutes ago, Monolake said:

...and when you get Primed surefooted you will whine that it takes so many points and needs another forma and kills your build 🤣

You just dont want a solution - which you have with plenty of options already - all you want is to complain, so go ahead, cry all you want, nothing will change, DE doesn't even read this forum part ever.

DE should've never made this change to explosives and just let you kill yourself with Bramma spam just like it was with explosives all the previous years. You can never appease the lazy easy-mode players, they will keep on nagging to make the game even more trivial for them because they cant bother to even change their loadout.

Wait wait wait
1st of all plz explain how there are here any solutions? Whole topic is about primed surefooted being accessible too late in the game and only solution to that would be a way to get it faster (NO ONE is asking here for alternatives but ppl come here and try to offer their ideas while no 1 cares)
Solution does not equal alternative
Its like someone wants french fries for a dinner but dont have potatoes and you say so use carrots and that is not a solution
And whatever he whine or not why should it matter more than someone may find it unfair to get that mod so late in the game?
Are we gonna decide now who should get what and when?
Look simple logic
Lets say we are playing RPG with random encounters and we just finished one of last dungeons in the game lets say only 3% of the game left for us
And now we are being rewarded for our last dungeon with item that lowers encounter rate at last 3% of the game
How fun is that? How fair is that? Dont u think we would appreciate and benefit from it more if we would get it sooner when it would have bigger value to us?
And while it could save us from some unwanted game effects? Instead of in the end when we did all our hard work and now its cool and all but we dont give that much fak?
Maybe you like to get that kind of items at the end of the game where u wont use its full potential and all that time u could use it trough your journey u just didnt have it because its locked behind some end dungeon? But maybe others dont like it same way as you do?
Just think about it for a moment

Plz explain how if a person gets primed surefooted would whine about capacity drain?

Little math lesson
Lowest (for max rank) exilus mod capacity drain IF on correct polarity u can get is 4 and primed surefooted under proper polarity takes 8 thats like only 4 more
And that alone could be fixed with just 1-2 forma
Not to mention on many builds dont even have polarity under exilus mod slot since most of the time that mods have lowest capacity drain so its not worth to make polarity for them when we can do polarity under some more capacity hungry mods
So?

It's worth mentioning that knockdown and knockback are seperate effects, with some attacks incorporating either one or the other and some have both effects, so you'll still suffer the knockback portion even with PSF so it wasn't quite as good as I was hoping it would be.

Archived