Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.7 + 29.6.7.1

On 2021-01-13 at 2:52 PM, JohnWayneWalker said:

PERMA BAN the cheaters!

for those who want to easily farm the Arcanes just by having the Phasic Cells prices halved, SUCK IT UP.

buying it if it bugs you that much.

I dont know what exploit they're talking about because they never say specifically what it was. But there's always the possibility of players that don't know that an exploit they may have discovered on their own is unintended, or get caught in public squads with other people doing it, getting caught in the wave of bans. You can't just blanket permaban people because of a bug.

Sometimes an exploit is a result of intended features of the game interacting in ways the developers didn't foresee. IE Saryn's 1 being so perfectly suited to sanctuary that on its release you were able to cast it once per zone and not have to do anything else after, Khora being such a perfect camp farmer that it broke steel essence's intended acquisition rate, or the multiple instances of broken code causing certain damage buffs to stack multiple times unintentionally, a completely invisible error that most players wouldn't notice unless they ran all the complicated math themselves (this was an issue with chroma back when eidolans were being added, zaws had a bug where they double dipped on certain buffs at some point, exct.)

Point being, unless it's completely obvious, like the exploit with Khorra instant leveling because an issue with venari caused the game to grant you ability affinity every time venari attempted to spawn and failed, without consuming energy. Most players'll think something that's an "exploit", but isn't obviously one, is an intended function of the game. That's not their fault, and hard banning players for stuff like that is how you rapidly kill your reputation. Like when anthem banned that player who was literally just going around in circles opening loot chests that were re spawning. It's not a good practice.

On 2021-01-14 at 11:32 PM, DREVAKAC said:

As usual , no Khora fixes

why would they fix something they broke on purpose

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Isendur88 said:

Wait, the event is done? Are you guys serious? I was waiting with spending all those points to the end of the event and you can't even be bothered to announce it through the game messages with a counting down timer? Or even just leave the shop still open for some time?

That was highly unproffessional. I guess I'm not even disappointed at this stage.

Not our problem you can't read, yes it's over the timer has been counting down since it started, glad you don't work for NASA the astronauts would never get off the launch pad, T-10 seconds and counting. :tongue:

• Like 3
4 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

I dont know what exploit they're talking about because they never say specifically what it was. But there's always the possibility of players that don't know that an exploit they may have discovered on their own is unintended, or get caught in public squads with other people doing it, getting caught in the wave of bans. You can't just blanket permaban people because of a bug.

Sometimes an exploit is a result of intended features of the game interacting in ways the developers didn't foresee. IE Saryn's 1 being so perfectly suited to sanctuary that on its release you were able to cast it once per zone and not have to do anything else after, Khora being such a perfect camp farmer that it broke steel essence's intended acquisition rate, or the multiple instances of broken code causing certain damage buffs to stack multiple times unintentionally, a completely invisible error that most players wouldn't notice unless they ran all the complicated math themselves (this was an issue with chroma back when eidolans were being added, zaws had a bug where they double dipped on certain buffs at some point, exct.)

Point being, unless it's completely obvious, like the exploit with Khorra instant leveling because an issue with venari caused the game to grant you ability affinity every time venari attempted to spawn and failed, without consuming energy. Most players'll think something that's an "exploit", but isn't obviously one, is an intended function of the game. That's not their fault, and hard banning players for stuff like that is how you rapidly kill your reputation. Like when anthem banned that player who was literally just going around in circles opening loot chests that were re spawning. It's not a good practice.

No points of contention here.  Let me instead agree, and provide some background that is relevant.

As of today you can get rivens for the Drakgoon.  Said modifiers include a positive and negative projectile velocity.  You can get a large enough negative velocity, and combine it with other mods.  This can effectively allow suspended Drakgoon  projectiles to continue existing, and because of how DE has decided to do collision and projectile calculation you can literally crash the game by forcing an overflow of calculations that the game engine literally cannot handle.

Likewise, let's review exactly what DE has done in the past.  When they discovered another instance where large quantities of projectiles and powers could literally slow the game engine to a crawl they decided that addressing it was too big of an issue.  What exactly am I discussing?  Well, the use of powers during a fomorian core invasion.  Yep, this has literally been a problem known about in the game since the time that archwing first appeared.  It still hasn't been addressed.

Moving on, let's talk failures directly relating to other events.  The spawn mechanics for enemies during a Razorback Armada is absolutely known, and has been for years.  People may not remember, but within the last two years there was an invasion...and people were camping the event to get resources.  Why?  Well, the resources dropping were almost all rare from the higher level enemies.  That's right, people were power farming resources.  No exploitation, but DE came back during the event and nerfed the spawning to prevent what they called "abuse" by literally using features that had been in the game for years and were functioning literally without any exploit.

Now that I've stated the above, let's talk.  There's a bunch of known issues that are in the game because 99% of everything is peer to peer hosting.  That remaining 1% is dialing back to servers to get rewards verified and approved (with a statistically negligible portion being dedicated to real dedicated servers for PvP action).  Exploiting this is pretty easy, because anything that can reasonably influence the host will influence performance.  The negotiation then goes that each of the clients send data, it's prioritized, and then updates to status are pushed by the host.

You'd think that a company that worked on the Unreal series would understand exactly why this was a bad idea.  I say this looking at UT2k4 in my game library, and know that I spent a huge amount of time having maps downloaded to me, before spending half an hour literally blasting away with guns that didn't suddenly break because a half baked update was pushed.  I remember playing as Bender, on a gigantic Lego themed level, against a team of mecha dragons, where when I died I had a good idea of what killed me.  In Warframe about 10% of the time I can identify what killed me, I need an "/unstuck" command, and I get to listen to try hards scream about cheaters being permanently banned. 

Why take so much umbrage?  Well, the Riven black market made it impossible to trust other users, and DE's response was to go hard after the person who tried to fix this by scraping chat to set roughly fair pricing expectations.  DE went after the people who scraped old builds for upcoming content, despite it being 100% legal in come of the territories they choose to do business in.  Let's just suggest chat moderators who aren't paid are definitely delivering on the quality they are paid to provide.  Finally, there's been quite a lot of creator/partner issues....that have not been dealt with in a professional manner.  I don't trust people who cannot consistently apply their own rules to be unbiased, and based upon history the players of this game should always make sure DE is on the level.

Let me TL;DR for the attention deprived out there.  

DE has effectively admitted that they can't control their own game.  This is why we don't have the ability to start an event on day one.  If that's the cadence DE is setting, then the expectations are pretty low.  People requesting that "cheaters" should be permanently banned are shooting the horse, placing it behind the cart, inverting it, and then wondering why things aren't working.

I'll agree to permanent bans when DE can release a mainline without a week of patches....or have the confidence in their own events to release them working on day one.

• Like 10

Thanks for the event.

I was going through a few bugs here and there, but still quite enjoyed it.

Here my 2 cents:

• When joining a dojo, it asks me whether I want to join a session with a high ping, or not. Can we have this feature for public games, please? Like before auto-joining a squad directly into the action, I'd rather like a ping check beforehand with said option. On decline just let us self-host. Frankly, I don't care for the ping feature on joining dojos at all, but for 'real' games that would be quite nice.
  • /unstuck hast a very loooooong cooldown. Especially, if your ironbride moves you in bad positions often.
  • Necramechs feel very clunky. I was amazed after the event how much faster I got, how much more I can tank, and mow much more damage/second I deal in frame while also looking much smaller and cuter. If the only viability of necramechs is "not shut down during the event" I feel they will become overall as important as hoverboards in spy missions. I wasn't using them before the event, during the event I just formad them fully in case we get another event of the same style. But, as of now, without that orphix-disabling-warframe-aura, I would not switch into necramech in normal situations but one or two (e.g. orb-shields+legs). Give them at least some meaning for defenses / mobile defenses / camping / anything normal.
  • The only way dying currently is when that nice little timer runs out on a downed warframe. It did not live up for the OV event. If you ran as frame into the orphix-disabling-aura you got like immortal until the orphix was downed. You could just position before the orphixes popped-in close to their popping destination and have some operator backup on not so well rounded teams in the 30's.
  • My keyboard has numbers for skills 1-4, 5 for operator. 6 could be reserved for an equipment transference, like necramechs or archwing. If necras get more integrated into the game, can we have a 6, please? Just very simple: If in frame press 5 for operator, 6 for necra. If operator 5 for frame, 6 for necra. If necra 6 for operator, 5 for frame. If something is on cooldown just a short message, like it 'is still on cooldown for XX seconds'. If they shouldn't get integrated much more, then thanks for the mastery fodder :)

• Like 1
On 2021-01-20 at 7:37 AM, master_of_destiny said:

People requesting that "cheaters" should be permanently banned are shooting the horse, placing it behind the cart, inverting it, and then wondering why things aren't working.

people requesting bans simple not very experienced in game or got short memory. warframe endgame is all about getting banned.

like, get too much steel per set time get ban, get too much credits per set time get ban, get huge score in some event cause you did use loki to teleport amalgam into abyss > get ban, get huge score in some event even without using loki to teleport amalgam into abyss > still get ban, make a photoshoped riven image for humor purposes > get ban, btw wanna send some dull joke into chat > get ban, your ram get damaged and have some errors > get ban, trade with some player, that players makes refund on plat, you get what? you get ban! trade something expensive to your friend for no price? get ban, use some app overlay or something else which is not added to anti-cheat list yet (discord overlay early times for example) > get ban, btw u dont do anything in game, you literally don't log into game for couple months? GET BAN.

it's just a question of time and bad luck, you eventually gonna get ban whatever you do or not do.

yet probably it's fair because people often request to adjust % of some rare drops, maybe it should be in same category. droprate of bans is not enough, pls de do smth about it and ban more people!

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Zhorkth said:

right right, but i say ingame, in the Profile > Leaderboards, here. :s

Oh right that thing I never look at haha forgot about them. now I know what you meant. 

• Like 1
On 2021-01-20 at 2:01 AM, BesucherPrime said:

My keyboard has numbers for skills 1-4, 5 for operator. 6 could be reserved for an equipment transference, like necramechs or archwing. If necras get more integrated into the game, can we have a 6, please? Just very simple: If in frame press 5 for operator, 6 for necra. If operator 5 for frame, 6 for necra. If necra 6 for operator, 5 for frame. If something is on cooldown just a short message, like it 'is still on cooldown for XX seconds'. If they shouldn't get integrated much more, then thanks for the mastery fodder :)

You could just bind 6 to the slot that your necramech is on, in your gear wheel.

On 2021-01-22 at 3:09 AM, Slayer-. said:

Oh right that thing I never look at haha forgot about them. now I know what you meant. 

There is something in-game that You don't even notice? Good thing You're not working in any life-depending branch of work :)

Anyway, FFXIV has moogles that allow to buy things long after the event with event tokens, DE please learn from better games that allow such a mechanic.

5 minutes ago, Isendur88 said:

There is something in-game that You don't even notice? Good thing You're not working in any life-depending branch of work :)

I knew it was there, I just don't bother with it,. 

• Like 1

Praise when praise is due:
THANK YOU for making some weapon parts and blueprints tradeable that are / have been nigh impossible to get!
After all this time... finally, I can craft War T-T

• [DE]Megan unfeatured and unpinned this topic