Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

PC to PS5 account migration

Question

I am a long time pc player, but lately i am moving most of my gaming away from pc.  Warframe is basically one of the few games that i am still playing on PC, i never bothered migrating on ps4 since it was a huge downgrade from the experience i was used to, but since the ps5 version is very close to the experience on a decent desktop i am eager to swap platform.

Is there any known plan to open up account migration again? the only info i could find is that is not available at this time but devs might have said something on twitter, reddit or some other obscure platform.

And if and when a window for migration is opened, will my platinum migrate aswell? since i skipped the ps4 migration i dont know if plats were transferred, i have over 10k now and even if its not a huge amount it would piss me a bit to lose all of them

8 answers to this question

I haven't heard anything at all about account migration for ps5, but there has been talk about cross save for a long time.  It sounds like cross save is a lot more complex than it seems at first glance and that while it is on their radar, and they do have someone who works on it a little bit, it's very low priority.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mkah_mvet said:

I haven't heard anything at all about account migration for ps5, but there has been talk about cross save for a long time.  It sounds like cross save is a lot more complex than it seems at first glance and that while it is on their radar, and they do have someone who works on it a little bit, it's very low priority.

I guess cross save is not inherently hard to implement, much harder to get the platforms and stores on board with it. They simply dont want you to purchase platinum on another platform for a lower rate.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Since ps5 uses the ps4 playerbase migration isnt needed, DE only does migrations on brand new platforms without any exsisting playerbase.

Hope that is not the case. Its a whole different generation, with people even switching sides with consoles (xbox user going for ps5 and vice versa)

5 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

Hope that is not the case. Its a whole different generation, with people even switching sides with consoles (xbox user going for ps5 and vice versa)

Well the PS5 is already out, that's how it has worked. Same with XBox, the game just uses the accounts already there. Like buying a new PC.

it will be far safer to just assume that it will absolutely never happen.

i don't really follow the timeline, but from what i understand, a tenno recommended this idea on some live event when a DE staff read it and reacted "hey that's an awesome idea!"
probably the DE staff didn't think far enough because at that second it does seemed like a great idea. i'm guessing when they took the idea to their actual meetings, they soon realize that it's just not as great idea as it sounds; there are plenty issues that have been talked multiple times, i'm not going to go through them again.

by the time DE try to damage control the issue by saying stuff along the lines of "we'll see what we can do, but don't wait for it", some kids army have spun it to "DE WILL DEFINITELY GIVE US CROSS PLAY AND CROSS SAVE JUST WAIT!!! THEY'VE PROMISED" and irresponsibly spread this message all over the internet. while in all reality, even if they did promised on some twitter status or livestream that i missed, it's a promise that they most probably won't be able to keep.

so yeah, it will be far safer to just assume that it will absolutely never happen.

Edited by Soy77

While DE has expressed interest in implementing more account migrations across platforms, it is ultimately not up to DE. DE requires the permission from the console manufacturer(s) in order to implement more account migrations, cross-save, cross-play, etc... as it is ultimately up to the console manufacturers to say what can and what cannot be put onto their consoles. 

DE also needs all three console manufacturers (Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo) to agree to the same terms, as only implementing migrations/cross-save/cross-play on one or two consoles (rather than all three) would be considered unfair treatment to players who are denied access to the functionality.

• Like 1