Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can u use automatic key clicker?

Terenox

Super banishment offence. I've seen streamers on twitch that use a macro to double jump automatically every time they jump, but technically those are also against the ToS too.

Spoiler

I believe those streamers are using a marco because the double jump animation is almost instantaneous and they often said they can't jump good in the game. You can double jump lots of places if you time your second jump to be at the zenith.

There is a thread somewhere here where DE members address the "script vs macro" input triggered commands topic. But they say that even though macros aren't strictly prohibited, they go into a grey area in the ToS that should still be avoided.

• Scripts are prohibited. Don't do it.

4 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Super banishment offence. I've seen streamers on twitch that use a macro to double jump automatically every time they jump, but technically those are also against the ToS too.

Hide contents

I believe those streamers are using a marco because the double jump animation is almost instantaneous and they often said they can't jump good in the game. You can double jump lots of places if you time your second jump to be at the zenith.

There is a thread somewhere here where DE members address the "script vs macro" input triggered commands topic. But they say that even though macros aren't strictly prohibited, they go into a grey area in the ToS that should still be avoided.

• Scripts are prohibited. Don't do it.

25 minutes ago, Terenox said:

So I've made a simple script to click '4' every 20 s, I want to use it in mission like an hour long survival fissures but I don't want to get banned therefor here I am. Is it bannable ? 

So in other words if you use AHK to lets say disable caps lock and make it so when you press it it will send some key like for example i switched it functionality to send Y (default key to use cipher while you are hacking) that seems ok and you would not be banned
Also seems from what you can get out of that topic above its ok as long as you are playing the game so autoclicker yes but only if you need to hold physically the key for it to autoclick

But if you use AHK for game to play itself and let u go AFK that is not ok and if someone will report you for AFK while using macro you will get banned
And on top of that if you use some macro software that warframe can detect as some unwanted software that is trying to affect the game you will also get banned but in this cause you can contact support and provide them with what you was using and how and if it was not to AFK farm MAYBE you would get un-banned

people live in some kind of illusion. everything is bannable!
if my nose doesn't fit some dev, my account can be deleted for no reason. study the contract more closely.

we also live in 2021. lousy game mechanics have no place here. if you have to keep a skill on CD constantly without any tactics or reason, then it's a dev error and not yours. macros are just a tool! and in a good game you don't need one!

and the last one .... here players talk to each other. contact developers directly. from my experience they are ok and answer questions.

Thanks for answers I was planning to use it for example when I would need to go to the bathroom etc. (like lets say I'm playing speedva on endless) but I really dont want to get my account suspended therefor I made this thread. 

25 minutes ago, Terenox said:

Thanks for answers I was planning to use it for example when I would need to go to the bathroom etc. (like lets say I'm playing speedva on endless) but I really dont want to get my account suspended therefor I made this thread. 

Games want you to actually play them, not another piece of software or scripts.

If you're in a group, simply tell your group you're going afk. If you're solo, the options menu pauses the game.

I alway jump in on these topics to point out that DE should expend some effort to reduce intensely repetitive actions, lest players get RSI. You should be able to hold down a button / key to keep meleeing, same for semi-auto guns. It does make it 'easier' but tbh, I'd stop playing if I had to keep up the clicky-clicky game manually. As it is, I use macros to repeat button presses while keys are held. If I get banned, so be it, but IMO it's entirely reasonable. 

10 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

we also live in 2021. lousy game mechanics have no place here. if you have to keep a skill on CD constantly without any tactics or reason, then it's a dev error and not yours. macros are just a tool! and in a good game you don't need one!

I guess the lousy game mechanic is the endless mission. If there are no endless missions, there's no OP to develop a script to help play long survival missions (though 1 hour isn't very long... I guess OP gets bored/tired very easily).

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Bingotough:

I alway jump in on these topics to point out that DE should expend some effort to reduce intensely repetitive actions, lest players get RSI. You should be able to hold down a button / key to keep meleeing, same for semi-auto guns. It does make it 'easier' but tbh, I'd stop playing if I had to keep up the clicky-clicky game manually. As it is, I use macros to repeat button presses while keys are held. If I get banned, so be it, but IMO it's entirely reasonable. 

Playing melee weapon for couple of hours gave me serious wrist aches. So I am using a script for exactly your reason: To repeatedly melee when I keep the key down. I am not going to throw away my health for a game. If I get banned, so be it.

Honestly, hitting 4 every 20 seconds is way worse, since it enables you to stay away from the screen for a period of time and let the game play itself. So I would personally not do it.

13 hours ago, Terenox said:

So I've made a simple script to click '4' every 20 s, I want to use it in mission like an hour long survival fissures but I don't want to get banned therefor here I am. Is it bannable ? 

Don't listen to most of these people, a lot of them are incorrect. I have been using macros for... 5 years? and have said so more than once on this forum. I have ability macros, crouch macros (octavia), melee macros, etc. They either don't know what they are talking about or they just dislike macro's and dont want anyone to use them. I create them so if i hold the button they continuously get used.

That said some games will ban you for them so you need to know what you are dealing with. I wouldn't recommend anything other than official software that came with your peripherals. Autohotkey can do many questionable things so that can sometimes be identified as something akin to cheat engine.

edit to say there was a better post that was more clear... i think.. cant find it tho.

12 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

people live in some kind of illusion. everything is bannable!

Illusion? It's good enough that I've fallen for it. 

[quote] Digital Extremes may at its option issue warnings and temporary suspensions and permanent terminations of Accounts for user violations. Digital Extremes retains the sole discretion as to when and how to impose warnings, penalties and/or disciplinary actions. DE considers the severity of the violation and the number of infractions in making the determination; however, any determination shall be under the absolute discretion of DE. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Digital Extremes always retains the right to terminate or suspend a User’s Account at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without any warnings and with or without notice. [/quote]

Emphasis is mine. 

https://www.warframe.com/terms

Do I misunderstand this somehow? 

It is very likely bannable since they wont differentiate between which frame you use the script on, which means some frames will enable afk farming with the script you menitioned while on others it is a simple QoL while you actively kill the enemies with the rest of your kit. But since it is an issue on a few frames it isnt allowed at all.

There is a big difference between say casting Vex Armor with a script 2 seconds before it falls off on Chroma and casting Strangledome automatically each 20 sec in a lowbie mission.

On 2021-01-14 at 1:03 PM, nslay said:

I guess the lousy game mechanic is the endless mission. If there are no endless missions, there's no OP to develop a script to help play long survival missions (though 1 hour isn't very long... I guess OP gets bored/tired very easily).

I have made suggestions in the past about changing endless game modes so that people have to move around more, be more engaged, and pay more attention - some people have shot the ideas down, like this person who says (paraphrase) 'Not everyone feels like playing'.

As for macros, I know for a fact that people have created them for things like bullet jumping so that they don't need to keep pressing 'crouch-jump-roll' to get around quickly - they just press one button. To me it makes perfect sense because it's the fastest way to move and people will do it everywhere they go.

Personally I rebound my melee attack key to the mouse wheel, because spinning it makes attacks way easier than clicking left mouse heaps of times, and I didn't need any special software for it.

the clearest official statement you can get is ""use things at your own risk"" ...but also ""don't automate your gameplay"".
which for them also covers completely benign Software. basically saying if you have a Text Editor or literally anything running at the same time as the game, making a disclaimer about the sanctity of that. so it's like 50% legal disclaimer.

which realistically, just don't automate your Gameplay and there shouldn't be much of anything to be concerned about.

Archived